The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

They probably took the seller at his word that it was "never played." If the game was factory sealed, I bet it would have hit the 120-130 region. LSSC is pretty hard to find in truly new condition.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Amazon, of course =][/QUOTE]

Damn, I should list some of things I want to sell on Amazon then.:lol:

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, I should list some of things I want to sell on Amazon then.:lol:[/quote]

Amazon has no listing fees so you're not out anything if your items don't sell. The bad part is amazon does hit you from behind pretty hard when your items do sell. All in all it works out to be about the same as eBay. eBay nickel and dimes you all from start to finish (listing fees, paypal fees, final value fees, etc...) while amazon get the anal raping over with in one fell swoop. Also on amazon you can't choose the shipping amount so you're fucked there as well.

[quote name='Chitown021']Amazon has no listing fees so you're not out anything if your items don't sell. The bad part is amazon does hit you from behind pretty hard when your items do sell. All in all it works out to be about the same as eBay. eBay nickel and dimes you all from start to finish (listing fees, paypal fees, final value fees, etc...) while amazon get the anal raping over with in one fell swoop. Also on amazon you can't choose the shipping amount so you're fucked there as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear ya... but things on Amazon are normally priced higher too. Like Pooky sold Xenosaga for $50 but on Ebay the highest I can see it sold for is like $36.

It's just a flat 15% from what you priced the item as isn't it?

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I hear ya... but things on Amazon are normally priced higher too. Like Pooky sold Xenosaga for $50 but on Ebay the highest I can see it sold for is like $36.

It's just a flat 15% from what you priced the item as isn't it?[/quote]

Like i said though, its been sitting up there for 2 years ;)

amazon is 15% plus about $2-3 in fees.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Like i said though, its been sitting up there for 2 years ;)

amazon is 15% plus about $2-3 in fees.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well... most of the things I wanna sell has been sitting around for 2 years.:lol:

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, well... most of the things I wanna sell has been sitting around for 2 years.:lol:[/quote]
i mean sitting listed on Amazon for 2 years :lol:

[quote name='Pookymeister']i mean sitting listed on Amazon for 2 years :lol:[/QUOTE]

I got what you meant before. I just meant it's better they sit on Amazon than in 'random box #3' in my closet, you know?

Is Donkey Kong Country 3 rare for the GBA or are people on amazon just stupid? I found one on the cheap at Sears ($5) and I noticed people were listing them new for $50+ I figured "what the hell, there's no listing fees" so I put one up and a couple days later it sold!

[quote name='Chitown021']Is Donkey Kong Country 3 rare for the GBA or are people on amazon just stupid? I found one on the cheap at Sears ($5) and I noticed people were listing them new for $50+ I figured "what the hell, there's no listing fees" so I put one up and a couple days later it sold![/quote]

Was your Donkey Kong 3 sealed? That is a great price. It looks like it sells for about $17-20 pretty consistently on ebay, half, and amazon.

I have a sealed NHL 2002 GBA, anybody have a real idea of what it might auction for? These don't really exist ;) The carts sell for about $15-20 still I believe.

[quote name='freshzen']I have a sealed NHL 2002 GBA, anybody have a real idea of what it might auction for? These don't really exist ;) The carts sell for about $15-20 still I believe.[/quote]

It should definitely fetch over $20, but it is hard to say how much. There are not any ebay auctions in the past two weeks for complete copies, but one person has it listed for $49. My best guess is it sells for around $40 sealed.

[quote name='jjgames']It should definitely fetch over $20, but it is hard to say how much. There are not any ebay auctions in the past two weeks for complete copies, but one person has it listed for $49. My best guess is it sells for around $40 sealed.[/quote]

I bought a sealed copy on Half.com for $6.99 last night.

I picked up a copy of Pikmin 2 from EB today for $30. It's in good shape and complete but it's the Player's Choice version. I have no interest in keeping this for $30 though. When I'm done with it, I plan on selling it off on Ebay where I could easily make up my original cost. Problem is, I've never seen a PC copy on Ebay... anybody know if the PC versions fetch the same amount as non-PC versions?

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Dino Crisis PS1
disc only
rare?[/quote]
not at all.
[quote name='Vinny']I picked up a copy of Pikmin 2 from EB today for $30. It's in good shape and complete but it's the Player's Choice version. I have no interest in keeping this for $30 though. When I'm done with it, I plan on selling it off on Ebay where I could easily make up my original cost. Problem is, I've never seen a PC copy on Ebay... anybody know if the PC versions fetch the same amount as non-PC versions?[/quote]
there are apparently many black label versions sealed of this game. those seem to fetch for more. the players choice ones sells for around $30 to $40 new. depending on the buyers of course. btw are we talkin EB/GS here? they sold them to you at $30? the last time i was there it was $12.99-$14.99. you paid too much for $30

but as far as gamecube players choice hits are concern, sometimes it really doesn't matter.. since they are original nintendo titles, people go crazy for them at $20.. thats why not very many of them survived sealed as the original. i have plenty of players choice sealed games. although in a couple of years im sure the originals will fetch higher :)

[quote name='phear3d']not at all.

there are apparently many black label versions sealed of this game. those seem to fetch for more. the players choice ones sells for around $30 to $40 new. depending on the buyers of course. btw are we talkin EB/GS here? they sold them to you at $30? the last time i was there it was $12.99-$14.99. you paid too much for $30

but as far as gamecube players choice hits are concern, sometimes it really doesn't matter.. since they are original nintendo titles, people go crazy for them at $20.. thats why not very many of them survived sealed as the original. i have plenty of players choice sealed games. although in a couple of years im sure the originals will fetch higher :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was a EB Games... I'd love to pick it up for $13/$15 but AFAIK, they charge different prices at different stores and online. It's listed as $30 on their site and the only reason I bought it was because I figured that at $30, I could resell it for a minimal or no loss. I already have a sealed original copy from way back when and didn't wanna kill it's value.

Another GS has a non-PC copy but it didn't have the manual and was also $30. But that GS marks up their games (I saw a DDS2 for $19.99 whereas the EB had it for $17.99).

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, it was a EB Games... I'd love to pick it up for $13/$15 but AFAIK, they charge different prices at different stores and online. It's listed as $30 on their site and the only reason I bought it was because I figured that at $30, I could resell it for a minimal or no loss. I already have a sealed original copy from way back when and didn't wanna kill it's value.

Another GS has a non-PC copy but it didn't have the manual and was also $30. But that GS marks up their games (I saw a DDS2 for $19.99 whereas the EB had it for $17.99).[/quote]

not sure what the guy above is talking about but Pikmin 2 is not $15 at Gamestop. He's probably thinking of the 1st one

[quote name='schuerm26']not sure what the guy above is talking about but Pikmin 2 is not $15 at Gamestop. He's probably thinking of the 1st one[/QUOTE]
Me thinks you're right. Pikmin 1 has been consistently $16.99-ish, while the sequel is usually in the 26.99-28.99 range.

[quote name='hiamiyumi']Is Grand Theft Auto Trilogy ( Xbox version) rare? I saw on Ebay, it was sold over $100 for a new copy.[/quote]

Yeah. It wasn't pressed in large numbers. I'm glad I got mine.. opened it though, I figured that the other versions were so widely mass produced that it couldn't ever be worth much.. the collector in me LOVES the fact that each game has different disc art compared to the individual releases.

[quote name='JJSP']Me thinks you're right. Pikmin 1 has been consistently $16.99-ish, while the sequel is usually in the 26.99-28.99 range.[/quote]

I just picked up the first one this past Saturday from GS for 12.99, before edge discount.

lol I bought two Pikmin 2's w/o manuals (case + game disc non-PC) both were $9, at a couple video stores here selling them off and I got $40 each on ebay.

forgot to mention, one from a franchise blockbuster, another from family video.

Whats the consensus on Persona 3 ps2?

I was recently able to pick up 2 sealed copies for around $35 each after coupon and discount. But now that new Persona 3 + dealy is coming out. Do you think the original will hold any value with the artbook and soundtrack?

[quote name='Puffa469']Whats the consensus on Persona 3 ps2?

I was recently able to pick up 2 sealed copies for around $35 each after coupon and discount. But now that new Persona 3 + dealy is coming out. Do you think the original will hold any value with the artbook and soundtrack?[/quote]

I personally think Persona 3 with the artbook and soundtrack will be more expensive in the long run. If the game is sealed and has both those items I think it is more rare because people have a way of losing those kinds of things. All the old NES games that I have seen on Digitpress that had artbooks or maps always sell for much more with those items.

I think Persona 3 will be the same.

[quote name='Puffa469']Whats the consensus on Persona 3 ps2?

I was recently able to pick up 2 sealed copies for around $35 each after coupon and discount. But now that new Persona 3 + dealy is coming out. Do you think the original will hold any value with the artbook and soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Sealed copies are going for $50-$70 on Ebay from the looks of it. But used copies have dropped pretty steadily, going down as low as $30. The problem is, is that there are plenty of sealed copies out there so I don't see why the prices for sealed copies are still so high.

Anybody know if that preorder artbook for Xenosaga III is worth anything? A copy sold for $50 but that was in Canada and sold to someone in Germany. This is the one I'm talking about, BTW.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xenosaga-III-3-...ryZ11319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[quote name='Vinny']Sealed copies are going for $50-$70 on Ebay from the looks of it. But used copies have dropped pretty steadily, going down as low as $30. The problem is, is that there are plenty of sealed copies out there so I don't see why the prices for sealed copies are still so high.

Anybody know if that preorder artbook for Xenosaga III is worth anything? A copy sold for $50 but that was in Canada and sold to someone in Germany. This is the one I'm talking about, BTW.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Xenosaga-III-3-...ryZ11319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

If you find the value of that book please PM me. I may be interested in trading for it if it isn't $50 =P

the artbooks will be worth something.. given that they are limited in number and very rarely seen on ebay, there is a good chance for them to sell for alot. but xenosaga 3 though, i mean unless they release a new xenosaga/xenogears game i think they're not really worth $50. even my tales of symphonia artbook isnt worth as much as it used to be, though the guide still worth around $30-$40.

the hardcore series collectors are usually the ones that will pay alot for them. the guy that sold it from canada was just lucky :)

A couple "Wow, I didn't know that" pinball games that are going for over retail.

GBA - Muppet Pinball Mayhem
PC - Williams Pinball Classics

[quote name='aznguyen316']lol I bought two Pikmin 2's w/o manuals (case + game disc non-PC) both were $9, at a couple video stores here selling them off and I got $40 each on ebay.

forgot to mention, one from a franchise blockbuster, another from family video.[/QUOTE]

I just sold Pikmin for $45 and Pikmin 2 for $70.

They were new/sealed though.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I know this is not a game but it is game releated how rare are REsident Evil 4 2008 calenders?

I snagged 2 yesterday[/quote]

Im jealous did GS clearance them out?

[quote name='Segasonic01']What about Threads of Destiny for PS1? I got a disc-only copy from a pawn for $2. Did I overpay? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Threads of Fate , or Tales of Destiny? I've never heard of Threads of Destiny before.

Yeah until about a year ago there were two sealed threads of fate at a local walmart... then they relocated to their new location and they came up missing afterwards....

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']What is the consensus on Fatal Frame original for the Xbox? Should I pick it up at $30?[/quote]

Does the game come with the box and instructions? If so the price is about right, maybe a bit high. It sells for $22 on average so complete it would go for about $30.

bread's done
Back