Golgo 13's No Pantsu Anime & Manga Thread

jaykrue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Because Golgo 13 don't take shit from no one... even in his tighty-whiteys.

04b1kj0.jpg

I've been reading a crapload of shojo manga lately. Anyone have any recommendations? Right now I'm reading Gentleman's Alliance, Vampire Knight, Lovely Complex, Sand Chronicles, and La Corda D'Oro.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I've been reading a crapload of shojo manga lately. Anyone have any recommendations? Right now I'm reading Gentleman's Alliance, Vampire Knight, Lovely Complex, Sand Chronicles, and La Corda D'Oro.[/QUOTE]

I have a subscription to Shojo Beat and from reading it there , I can recommend Godchild , especially if you were enjoying Vampire Knight.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I've been reading a crapload of shojo manga lately. Anyone have any recommendations? Right now I'm reading Gentleman's Alliance, Vampire Knight, Lovely Complex, Sand Chronicles, and La Corda D'Oro.[/quote]

Lovely Complex is probably my only recommendation as I loved the anime and the only other recent shojo manga I read that I like was Paradise Kiss.

I was thinking of getting Godchild, but isn't it the same author as Angel Sanctuary? I didn't care for that one.

I'm looking forward to Monkey High since I liked the preview of that that was in Shojo Beat.

[quote name='jaykrue']Depends. What are you into?

- moody emo protagonists who took a page out of Cloud from FF7's playbook
- pseudo-nazi-looking soldiers[/quote]

Do these two actually qualify as genres or are they jabs at specific shows , although I could guess the first one could easily apply to Sasuke.

Question : Is the show L/R : Licensed by Royalty any good? I've seen commercials for it on a couple of my dvds and it seemed interesting.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I was thinking of getting Godchild, but isn't it the same author as Angel Sanctuary? I didn't care for that one.

I'm looking forward to Monkey High since I liked the preview of that that was in Shojo Beat.[/QUOTE]

Not familiar with Angel Sanctuary so I can't say.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Question : Is the show L/R : Licensed by Royalty any good? I've seen commercials for it on a couple of my dvds and it seemed interesting.[/QUOTE]
It's stylistically interesting, but lacks depth and heart. I picked it up during a Geneon sale because it looked to be worth a gamble, but it wasn't.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Do these two actually qualify as genres or are they jabs at specific shows , although I could guess the first one could easily apply to Sasuke.[/quote]

A bit of both actually. I wasn't even thinking of Sasuke when I thought up the moody emo protag. I was thinking more of Witch Hunter Robin or Jigoku Shoujo. As for the nazi soldiers, I was thinking of this anime (whose name escapes me atm) where it's about 2 guys who work for a military org that has uniforms that bears a striking similarity to nazi gear.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I was thinking of getting Godchild, but isn't it the same author as Angel Sanctuary? I didn't care for that one.[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia to the rescue.:cool:
Yes Angel Sanctuary and God Child are both by the same author http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaori_Yuki

I was surprised myself to find out that god child is the last part of a five manga series. I'll have to check that out.

[quote name='jaykrue']A bit of both actually. I wasn't even thinking of Sasuke when I thought up the moody emo protag. I was thinking more of Witch Hunter Robin or Jigoku Shoujo. As for the nazi soldiers, I was thinking of this anime (whose name escapes me atm) where it's about 2 guys who work for a military org that has uniforms that bears a striking similarity to nazi gear.[/QUOTE]

Good point about Witch Hunter Robin , didn't even think about that. Sasuke was the first thought for me because my brother hates naruto now because of him. He wasn't a huge fan of it before but now he can't stand it with the show being "all about that emo sasuke and his overpowered brother".

[quote name='Kapwanil']Mysterious Cities of Gold fan? Considering my friend used to gush about that almost every chance he got, I would wager at least 27 at the youngest. I missed that myself since I didn't have cable myself until I was about 5 or so, so I missed out on MCoG. Then again I grew up with a 2600 and a Pong box instead so who cared about cable? ;)[/quote]

Close but off a couple years , but I'm not gonna say which way.;) I have been told though that I'm very mature and knowledgable for my age , especially when I was younger (not bragging , I really have been told that). Not sure if that counts as a hint or not.

Either way yeah Mysterious Cities of Gold was great. I too grew up with a 2600 , one of my friends did have a pong box though. Actually I still have my 2600 , in working condition , with quite a few games.

[quote name='kapwanil']And I do have to agree with Lemon, at least when it came to availability. Back over here the best we got locally were the randomly syndicated anime (ie: Dragon Warrior, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball [original], Ronin Warriors) or whatever would trickle out onto Nickelodeon in their early days (ie: that one with the penguins, Noozles, whatever fairy tale series Saban tossed his name onto [maybe? It's been ages.]). Otherwise nobody knew what the hell anime was. At best it was a passing word in gaming magazines in the import sections (rare) or, if you got the Sci-Fi Channel, you got an eyeful of what anime was.

And since I really got into anime through Sci-Fi [3rd Annual Festival of Anime, specifically] back around '93...yeah, it was pretty much the hyper-violent stuff. Demon City Shinjuku, Lily C.A.T., Casshan: Robot Hunter, 8-Man After and Project A-Ko vs. Battle 1 Gray Side and Battle 2 Blue Side. For my 7th grade self all of it was quality although A-Ko stuck out like a sore thumb on that list, mostly because there wasn't excessive (ie: shocking/fun) violence to be had. [/QUOTE]

Oh Ronin Warriors , my friend loved that show. Never really had the chance to get into it though , by the time I was able to start watching it , our local cable syndicate dropped it. Would love to see it all the way , even if I remember reading over the years that it wasn't really that good.

As you mentioned , a lot of the anime shows (japanimation) I knew about back in the day were from game magazines and late night cable commercials. Reading in old game players magazines previews for Akira and Barefoot Gen (still never saw that one). Also remember a classic commercial I saw on MTV late night that was mainly for akira , talking about how anime was not for kids and that akira "makes blade runner look like disney world". It also showed previews for ninja scroll , dirty city , demon city and many others that I can't remember.

[quote name='StarKnightX'] As you mentioned , a lot of the anime shows (japanimation) I knew about back in the day were from game magazines and late night cable commercials. Reading in old game players magazines previews for Akira and Barefoot Gen (still never saw that one). Also remember a classic commercial I saw on MTV late night that was mainly for akira , talking about how anime was not for kids and that akira "makes blade runner look like disney world". It also showed previews for ninja scroll , dirty city , demon city and many others that I can't remember.[/quote]

I mostly spent my time trying to learn about what else was out there, but in those days there was very little to go on. I stumbled across Right Stuf International somehow and ended up getting their catalog back in '94. I read that thing from cover-to-cover at least 40 times, learning about all of the series out there and their plots. Some sounded excellent, some sounded strange, others sounded...extreme. Fascinating stuff, though!

Then, a while later, The Anime Movie Guide came out and my local store had it. I grabbed it first thing and went nuts reading it. There was so much that never made it over to the US and I was giddy at the possibilities! So much unknown, so much unseen.

Then we reach this point after I've seen fansubs, digisubs, and raws of most of them. There were good reasons we never saw most of them, to say the least. Still though, near the end of the old fansubbing days it was mind-blowing to see clubs and organizations have stockpiles of old raw titles just lying around. I used to be so much more into the fandom back then than I am now. I guess I burned out. ;)

[quote name='StarKnightX']As you mentioned , a lot of the anime shows (japanimation) I knew about back in the day were from game magazines and late night cable commercials. Reading in old game players magazines previews for Akira and Barefoot Gen (still never saw that one). Also remember a classic commercial I saw on MTV late night that was mainly for akira , talking about how anime was not for kids and that akira "makes blade runner look like disney world". It also showed previews for ninja scroll , dirty city , demon city and many others that I can't remember.[/QUOTE]
Barefoot Gen is great! Track it down!

Oh wow, I remember that commercial too. Sadly, that's how anime was marketed back in the day. Manga was infamous for "spicing up" their English dubs with all sorts of profanity. Ever see Angel Cop?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVpwJbLLivU[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Barefoot Gen is great! Track it down!

Oh wow, I remember that commercial too. Sadly, that's how anime was marketed back in the day. Manga was infamous for "spicing up" their English dubs with all sorts of profanity. Ever see Angel Cop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVpwJbLLivU[/QUOTE]

I was hoping I could find the exact commercial I remember on youtube but sadly all I can find is general Manga Ent. commercials. Was it a time period thing or just a coincidence with shows that Manga picked up that whenever people got shot or killed they litterally splattered everywhere?

Oh and I've never seen Angel Cop but I totally :rofl: at that video.

"The recoil on this gun is gonna fuck up my shooting gun , oh well. / Damn the recoil on that gun fucked up my shooting arm."

As for Barefoot Gen , how's the manga compared to the anime?

Originally Posted by GuilewasNK
My question for slowdive21 is why were you lifetime banned from Funcoland?

Just in case you missed it...

Ah, I remember it like it was yesterday...I was trying to buy a memory card for my brand new Playstation game system. I was convinced to buy a New 3rd party memory card that had just been released by a store employee because it had a larger storage capacity than the 15 block SONY card. He told me come back tomorrow, because he had to enter it into the system as it was new and that he would sell it to me for $10 - (because they over ordered them at his store).

I came back the next day and said to the (different) guy at the counter. "Hello, I believe there is a memory card on hold for me under the counter". The guy said "Yeah, I'm not going to sell it to you for That price!" I said "Why not? I made the trip back out here because I was told I could buy it today for $10" and he replied "I'm not going to sell it to you." I said "That's alright, my friend works at another funcoland (which was true), and I'm sure when I tell him about this experience he will adjust the price and have a talk with corporate about this store."

I walked out of the store and was halfway down the street when I heard the "BING" tone of the Funcoland door. He then proceeded to yell obscenities (probably from watching too much non pokemon anime) and continued to yell "What Funcoland?!" "What funcoland does he work at?!" I turned around and gave him the international symbol of I don't know by shrugging my shoulders and turning the palms of my hands up in the air. He then took a Polaroid of me and said "You're banned! You're banned from all Funcolands!"

The next day my friend from the other funcoland showed me a fax he received the next morning with my picture on it.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Was it a time period thing or just a coincidence with shows that Manga picked up that whenever people got shot or killed they litterally splattered everywhere?[/QUOTE]
That's what sold to anime fans back then, so that's what they licensed! Sad, huh? My favorite has got to be "fuck AND PISS!!"

And I haven't read the Barefoot Gen manga, but I can vouch for the anime.

[quote name='slowdive21']Just in case you missed it...

Ah, I remember it like it was yesterday...I was trying to buy a memory card for my brand new Playstation game system. I was convinced to buy a New 3rd party memory card that had just been released by a store employee because it had a larger storage capacity than the 15 block SONY card. He told me come back tomorrow, because he had to enter it into the system as it was new and that he would sell it to me for $10 - (because they over ordered them at his store).

I came back the next day and said to the (different) guy at the counter. "Hello, I believe there is a memory card on hold for me under the counter". The guy said "Yeah, I'm not going to sell it to you for That price!" I said "Why not? I made the trip back out here because I was told I could buy it today for $10" and he replied "I'm not going to sell it to you." I said "That's alright, my friend works at another funcoland (which was true), and I'm sure when I tell him about this experience he will adjust the price and have a talk with corporate about this store."

I walked out of the store and was halfway down the street when I heard the "BING" tone of the Funcoland door. He then proceeded to yell obscenities (probably from watching too much non pokemon anime) and continued to yell "What Funcoland?!" "What funcoland does he work at?!" I turned around and gave him the international symbol of I don't know by shrugging my shoulders and turning the palms of my hands up in the air. He then took a Polaroid of me and said "You're banned! You're banned from all Funcolands!"

The next day my friend from the other funcoland showed me a fax he received the next morning with my picture on it.[/quote]

Did anyone even take it seriously? Being banned from Funcoland is like being banned from gamestop. There's at least ten others in a five mile radius. It's easy to bust out a disguise on top of that.

[quote name='Paco']Did anyone even take it seriously? Being banned from Funcoland is like being banned from gamestop. There's at least ten others in a five mile radius. It's easy to bust out a disguise on top of that.[/quote]

That is why it is funny. I had a couple of stores jokingly tell me I wasn't allowed in the store.

Oh man Angel Cop I remember that crap. I think I got a tape that had like 4 hours of it on one VHS from SunCoast. I think I paid $10.

Judging from the stuff StarKnight said I'd assume he's 28 like myself. 2600, late night anime, etc... would put him in the right age bracket.

One of the things I like about CAG is that it isn't a site for kids.

---

Hey Lemon how are you liking Japan? I lived there for awhile around 2000 and it was neat at first, but depsite my weaboo'ism I actually really missed the States. I guess internet was somewhat hard to come by back then, so perhaps that contributed to it.

For some reason I kept dreaming about biscuits and gravy while I was there, despite the fact that it's not my favorite food or anything.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Judging from the stuff StarKnight said I'd assume he's 28 like myself. 2600, late night anime, etc... would put him in the right age bracket.[/QUOTE]

Heh , might sound right , but wrong again. That's two wrong guesses , I'll give one more for anyone that wants it unless nobody feels like quessing anymore. I'll give you one more hint even , I've only been employed by one company but have worked at the same company for 7 years now as of this month.

When I asked advice about my anime backlog , I didn't mention (had no need to) that I was watching something at the moment , Magic Users Club OVA. I thought it was alright if not a little simple. Kinda like a lot of unused potential. I know that there was a TV series , is it any good?

Started watching Haibane Renmei the other night gotten through the first 4 episodes so far and am liking what I've seen. Nice music , nice animation , and an interesting premise.

I luvz the pantsu.

Anyway, I wanna believe that the Golgo 13 shit is gonna be cool, but given the last two movies... I dunno.

[quote name='assassinX']Who here likes Eyeshield 21?[/QUOTE]

My brother loves Eyeshield 21. He wished that the anime and games for it would come out over here as well (I know that the anime is airing on Jetstream right now but that's not really the same). I've read a little of it and liked what I read.

Depends. What are you into?

- overpowered fighting
- magical girls
- supernatural horror
- existential treatise on humanity
- samurai
- harems

maybe anime for these? i dont really watch that much anime, only from what i hear from friends, but i'm thinking about getting into a new series and getting anew hdd to store everything, a TB sounds good for that

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Depends. What are you into?

- overpowered fighting
- magical girls
- supernatural horror
- samurai
- harems

maybe anime for these? i dont really watch that much anime, only from what i hear from friends, but i'm thinking about getting into a new series and getting anew hdd to store everything, a TB sounds good for that[/QUOTE]

I may not have seen as many shows to give you a bigger list of recommendations but I'll give it my best.

Overpowered Fighting : Pretty much any decent shonen should cover you there. My picks would be Yu Yu Hakoshu , One Piece , Naruto , DBZ.

Magical Girls : Haven't seen all that many of these unfortunatly , and the couple I have were edited heavily for tv. Sailor Moon , Winx Club.

Moody emo protagonists who took a page out of Cloud from FF7's playbook : See above posts with me and jaykrue. Naruto , Witch Hunter Robin.

Supernatural horror : Sorry , I got nothin.
Existential treatise on humanity : Sorry , I got nothin.

Samurai : Samurai Champloo is good if you want some humor with your samurais , Ruroni Kenshin is good if you want some drama with your samurais.

Harems : Another one which I'm familiar with some shows but haven't seen that many. Love Hina , The Tenchi Series , Ranma 1/2.

I can now submit to waiting to hear how bad my suggestions were from more knowledgable viewers.;)

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Depends. What are you into?

- overpowered fighting
- magical girls
- supernatural horror
- samurai
- harems

maybe anime for these? i dont really watch that much anime, only from what i hear from friends, but i'm thinking about getting into a new series and getting anew hdd to store everything, a TB sounds good for that[/quote]

overpowered fighting: naruto, bleach, one piece, d.grayman, history's strongest disciple, ikkitousen, bakuretsu tenshi, murder princess, muteki kanban musume, prince of tennis (seriously, this is like tennis & street fighter had a baby), tengen toppa gurren lagann, claymore, full metal alchemist, blood+, shaman king

magical girls: magical girl lyrical nanoha, magical girl lyrical nanoha As, magical girl lyrical nanoha strikers, fate/stay night, shakugan no shana, mai hime, mai otome, negima!, zero no tsukaima

moody emo: naruto, death note, witch hunter robin, darker than black, jigoku shoujo, gunslinger girl

supernatural horror: jigoku shoujo, TOKKO, Death Note, Devil May Cry, Ghost Hunt, The Skull Man, xxxholic, zombie loan, elfen lied

existential: ghost in the shell: stand alone complex, ghost in the shell: 2nd gig, ghost in the shell: solid state society, ergo proxy, heroic age, dennou coil, haibane ranmei, tengen toppa gurren lagann, melancoly of haruhi suzumiya, full metal alchemist, elfen lied

samurai: samurai champloo, seirei no moribito, claymore (not really samurai but it's got lotsa sword action & hot blondes :drool:)

-harem: yamato nadeshiko (reverse harem but a funny funny comedy), seto no hanayome, negima!, love hina

uncategorized notables: baccano!, ookiku fuributte, moyashimon, moonlight mile, nodame cantible, honey & clover, paradise kiss, shion no ou, school rumble, lovely complex, read or die, pani poni dash & my favorite, lucky star

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Hey Lemon how are you liking Japan? I lived there for awhile around 2000 and it was neat at first, but depsite my weaboo'ism I actually really missed the States. I guess internet was somewhat hard to come by back then, so perhaps that contributed to it.[/QUOTE]
Japan treats me well. I work at a good school, my coworkers are nice, my students are awesome, and I'm in a prime location close to both Osaka and Kobe should I want to go shopping for anything. Since the weather is getting nice again, my apartment is no longer an ice box (insulation is a foreign concept to the Japanese), and I have lots of delicious restaurants nearby for the times when I don't feel like cooking. Most of the other English teachers in my general area aren't this well-off.

Still, there are some drawbacks as well. There's the afore-mentioned lack of insulation, the inability to communicate fluently with non-English speakers (my Japanese is certainly above average, but I'm not ready for deep, hour-long conversations yet), and while the food is good, I'll often find myself missing things like Hot Pockets, Lucky Charms, and American-style pizza that isn't obscenely expensive. Oh yeah, and living in Japan makes you feel like you're babysat 24/7 - this applies to everyone who lives here, not just the foreigners. It's difficult to describe, but life in Japan feels like "Life Lite" to me. Nobody is very independent, and for me that's really strange. Oh, and I almost forgot about this one - Japanese television is *horrible*!

Overall, though, I'm really enjoying my time here! It's not a place I'd want to live for the rest of my life, but it's been a great cultural experience so far!

[quote name='assassinX']Who here likes Eyeshield 21?[/quote]
I absolutely adore Eyeshield 21. I'm dying because I don't have volume 18 yet and its tearing me apart.

In other news, I'm ripping through My-Hime (awesome) and I'm almost done the 3rd volume. Problem is I don't have vol. 5-6, just 1-3,4 and 7. I've gotta buy those stat.

Also, in case anybody cares we over at AnimeOnDVD are doing an Anime Draft, where we pick our favourite characters in teams and then people vote later. Check out the Draft Board:
http://www.geocities.com/draftboard00/ad2008.htm
P.S- I'm Azumangaman

I've been meaning to pick up that seventh volume of My Hime, but I haven't done it. And I got Vol. 6 like... almost a year ago. Ah well, sometime.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I finally started watching Jubei-chan 2 after having seen the first series like 6 years ago...[/QUOTE]
After a slightly rocky start, Jubei-chan 2 is *fantastic*!

[quote name='jaykrue']overpowered fighting: naruto, bleach, one piece, d.grayman, history's strongest disciple, ikkitousen, bakuretsu tenshi, murder princess, muteki kanban musume, prince of tennis (seriously, this is like tennis & street fighter had a baby), tengen toppa gurren lagann, claymore, full metal alchemist, blood+, shaman king

magical girls: magical girl lyrical nanoha, magical girl lyrical nanoha As, magical girl lyrical nanoha strikers, fate/stay night, shakugan no shana, mai hime, mai otome, negima!, zero no tsukaima

moody emo: naruto, death note, witch hunter robin, darker than black, jigoku shoujo, gunslinger girl

supernatural horror: jigoku shoujo, TOKKO, Death Note, Devil May Cry, Ghost Hunt, The Skull Man, xxxholic, zombie loan, elfen lied

existential: ghost in the shell: stand alone complex, ghost in the shell: 2nd gig, ghost in the shell: solid state society, ergo proxy, heroic age, dennou coil, haibane ranmei, tengen toppa gurren lagann, melancoly of haruhi suzumiya, full metal alchemist, elfen lied

samurai: samurai champloo, seirei no moribito, claymore (not really samurai but it's got lotsa sword action & hot blondes :drool:)

-harem: yamato nadeshiko (reverse harem but a funny funny comedy), seto no hanayome, negima!, love hina

uncategorized notables: baccano!, ookiku fuributte, moyashimon, moonlight mile, nodame cantible, honey & clover, paradise kiss, shion no ou, school rumble, lovely complex, read or die, pani poni dash & my favorite, lucky star[/QUOTE]

Lots of good suggestions there , can't believe I didn't think of a lot of those shows considering I've seen and enjoyed many of them. When you mentioned Shaman King it just reminded me of how much I enjoyed that , Yugioh and One Piece and really wished 4kids hadn't given them the treatment that they did (and continues to do with yugioh).

Oh and Nodame Cantible was an anime? I have the DS game but didn't know there was a show that went along with it.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Oh and Nodame Cantible was an anime? I have the DS game but didn't know there was a show that went along with it.[/QUOTE]
First a manga, then an anime, *then* a DS game. Shame on you.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']First a manga, then an anime, *then* a DS game. Shame on you.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I should have figured , but it never really was an issue for me , and had I not imported the game it would've continued not being an issue for me.

I'm guessing the manga nor the anime are licensed out yet though. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong again.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I suppose I should have figured , but it never really was an issue for me , and had I not imported the game it would've continued not being an issue for me.

I'm guessing the manga nor the anime are licensed out yet though. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong again.[/QUOTE]
Ask and you shall receive! The manga's being published in America by Del Ray, and the first issue came out here something like three years ago. The anime is still unlicensed, but it's very good and worth checking out!

StarKnightX....

I'd also like to add Carried By The Wind: Tsukikage Ran to the Samurai anime must watch list. I liken it to Xena if she were a Samurai and without the campiness. :lol:

Also...

Overpowered Fighting: Steel Angel Kurumi, Project A-Ko, Real Bout High School

Magical Girls: Cutey Honey

Supernatural Horror: Nightwarriors: Darkstalker's Revenge

Existential: The Big O

Harem: Girls Bravo

Paranoia Agent almost defies description so I don't really know where to put that.

Boyyyy am I glad I only bought the first collection of Ippo. I would not enjoy another 40 episodes of this. I'm dragging through the last disc. On the other hand, I just finished reading Chrono Crusade, which I really wasn't looking forward to going back to, but I was pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='Liquid 2']The Ippo manga is ridiculously long.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's just over 800 chapters right now with no signs of stopping. Good for people (like me) who enjoy it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']StarKnightX....

I'd also like to add Carried By The Wind: Tsukikage Ran to the Samurai anime must watch list. I liken it to Xena if she were a Samurai and without the campiness. :lol:

Also...

Overpowered Fighting: Steel Angel Kurumi, Project A-Ko, Real Bout High School

Magical Girls: Cutey Honey

Supernatural Horror: Nightwarriors: Darkstalker's Revenge

Existential: The Big O

Harem: Girls Bravo

Paranoia Agent almost defies description so I don't really know where to put that.[/QUOTE]

Thumps up to The Big O and Paranoia Agent. Saw one of the Project A-Ko movies on VHS a few years ago but wasn't impressed. Just seemed to be a lot of wacky action but with no purpose or humor. Maybe I ought to give it another try.

[quote name='MarkMan']Ippo anime is great, not as great as the manga though... just my two cents...[/quote]

i've only seen the anime and i loved it like many. it was great how there was practically no story filler or staring matches/long speeches lasting the course of several episodes lol

My local Blockbuster just recently closed its doors and they had some anime tapes and dvds for sale so I grabbed a bunch of em. I don't really know why cause I dont need any more VHS tapes and the few DVDs I got were from episodes right in the middle of the shows. Either way , at least it gives me a chance to try out some shows before I commit to buying them whole. I'd like to know what everybody else thought of some of these:

Final Fantasy - Legend of the Crystals
Initial D (Volume 11)
Legend of Lemneer (Already seen this one)
MD Geist (Already seen this one)
MD Geist 2 (Already seen this one)
Maze (Whirlwind Showdown - Already seen this one)
Sailor Moon S The Movie - Hearts of Ice
Slayers Try (The Love Eternal , The Showdown , Touch and Go)
Slayers Next (The Phantom City)

I'll also willingly admit that this also doubles as a trade post if by chance anybody might want to take any of these of my hands.;) Hell I'd probably let go of most of them just for shipping.

bread's done
Back