Dark Sector (PS3/360) Now $9.99 Shipped at Newegg

Thanks OP. I was about to buy this from Gamestop using their B2G1F deal, but I couldn't really find any other $17.99 titles I really wanted. I almost bought Condemned 2 and GRAW2 w/ Dark Sector, but I didn't want those THAT much. This way I save almost as much and get it brand new.

Ugh damn you OP, just damn you lol. I guess I'll pick this up as well...does anyone else smell my wallet burning? :D

[quote name='SDC']I saw this deal and thought to myself "I would buy this if it had trophies."

What have I become!?[/quote]
Lame.

Very nice deal OP, I'd get this for 360 if my brother didn't already have it for the PS3. If I did get it, he'd be all like, "Why did you get this?" and I don't think I'm up to answering that question.

Nice! I almost picked this up for $20 at some store the other day and didn't. This is just too good a price to pass up, bought the PS3 version.

I got this game from Gamefly, and although it has some nice ideas, I think the game is mostly broken. I could not bring myself to finish it.

I was pleasantly surprised by this game earlier this year - thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Traded it off after I beat it, but if I wasn't flat broke I'd pick it back up for $13 - could see myself playing through it again.

Dammit. Here's what's going to happen.

I'm going to think about it all day, and probably finally decide to give in either late tonight or early tomorrow, I'll be mad I spent the money OR it'll be sold out, and I'll be mad I didn't grab it sooner.

Rinse, repeat. That's basically all that happens to me on CAG with deals like this!

ugh my backlog is big enough already. but $13 is a good price if i can get 2 hours of fun out of it...

eh willpower prevailed. i closed the window. decided i didnt need this game at all. good job, sage. your wallet thanks you

I really enjoyed this game. Much better than any of the reviews let on, and did a lot of unique stuff. If there weren't so many games coming out right now I'd pick this up again for the price.

For $13 I'd rate this game as an A+

I gladly paid 30 for this and probably would have paid full price if I knew how much fun I'd have on two run throughs. It just played well, wasn't too long, and had plenty of memorable moments which is more than I can say for plenty of other games people bought. Voice acting is bad but not annoying, story is simple but not terrible, taking off an arm, two legs, and a head from incoming troops with one shot of the glaive is fantastic.

I rented the game when it was new and really wanted to play through it, but not at full price. I was waiting for $15, so this is great by me!

MjC

Dang it! Which version do I get?!? AAAAAAH! The indecision again! From what I've read, the PS3 version has more detail in dark areas and loads faster, but was a port and may have frame rate issues on level 4.

$13 new is a reasonable price, but given that you can find it everywhere for $20 now, I'm guessing that we'll see it for $10 new in the coming months. Thanks to the OP for the deal though.

You know, one thing I didn't get was when people said "it's Gears of War with these more sci-fi-y add ons/twists", and acted like that was a BAD thing. I mean that sounds darned GOOD to me. Although I think Gears (like virtually all "big event" games) was overreated, it was still fun. Plus it's nice to see a game that's been in development as long as this come out well.

I bit the bullet and ordered the 360 version last night. I was waiting for a Target clearance of $14, but at $12.99 with no tax or shipping, I just couldn't pass this up because I've been wanting to play this game for a while now. Thanks again OP!

[quote name='Wolfpup']You know, one thing I didn't get was when people said "it's Gears of War with these more sci-fi-y add ons/twists", and acted like that was a BAD thing. I mean that sounds darned GOOD to me. Although I think Gears (like virtually all "big event" games) was overreated, it was still fun. Plus it's nice to see a game that's been in development as long as this come out well.[/quote]

I used that same sort of description, but in a good way. I liked, but did not love it. I had a rather fun time playing through it though.

I really enjoyed it and cannot recommend this game highly enough especially for the price (I bought it at Target for $19 and still think that was a deal for this title). I played through on normal and am now playing it through again on brutal.

The obvious plot twist is obvious but the atmospherics, level design, voice acting, action and gameplay are great. They also did a really good job with the achievements, I loved working to get "Double decap latte."

While it moves a lot like gears (with the cover system . .etc.) the glaive specific gameplay really helps differentiate it and the puzzles and solutions are better (IMHO) than the ones presented in Gears. Additionally, the vehicle section is also superior than the one in Gears. The game also incrementally adds the abilities (tying them into the story's progression and antihero's personal evolution) and special techniques for the glaive, giving the game one of the most natural and smooth learning curves I have ever played.

Is it on the overall same level as gears? No, but I did like this better than about 75% of the "next gen" crap I play.

Here is a trailer on the voice acting:
http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/6196/Dark-Sector-Voice-Talent-Trailer/

[media]http://movies.teamxbox.com/xbox360/darksector/darksector_voice_featurette_360p.wmv [/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back