XBox 360 120gb Hard Drive $99.99 at Circuit City

[quote name='lolmister']Not bad, so it's like $85 for a 120gb hard drive. I'd buy it if I didn't already have one[/QUOTE]

$4.99 less than Target if you can find it, wonder if CC will try to puch their extended warranty on it? God, their sales of those things must have tanked.

With all these price drops, do you think it may be universal soon? If so, maybe we might be seeing a 160GB or bigger version with game installs hitting.

[quote name='Wario64']what is this $15 off $100 thing? i don't really have much trust in circuit city and i never seen them before[/quote]

I'd like to know this as well. Still, I have a hard time justifying $85 for an overpriced accessory.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']I'd like to know this as well. Still, I have a hard time justifying $85 for an overpriced accessory.[/quote]

Well its either that or $60 and a couple of hours of modding/replacing the HD (with the small risk of not working). Some people just dont wanna hassle with that, I can do it myself as well but I dont wanna bother wasting my time lol (im lazy :D)

apparantly this $15 thing expired on the 1st, so i dont think it matters.

how risky is the hdd mod? like, would it ban you from xbl or reset your gamerscore?

Woah, I have a $15/$100 that expires 11/23 (got it from a Ninja Gaiden II order) and a $20 GC from CC, so I'm getting this. I got a used 20gb HD and I'm not too confident on it's integrity.

That is, if anyone else can confirm this price.

I went to Circuit City last week and they had stacks of these $15 off $100 coupons by all the registers, so I doubt that they are expired.

Thanks, OP. I will check out my local CC today.

Definitely need some confirmation about this. Hell, with the new dashboard coming tomorrow I'll need the extra space, so I'd pick it up at $100 without the coupon.

If someone could post this soon, I might just head to CC to get myself a new HD after work, damn Rock Band songs are filling up my 20GB drive.

I would love to know if anyone has seen this also. I got into the NXE last night and want to do some game installs to quite the system down.

[quote name='Wario64']apparantly this $15 thing expired on the 1st, so i dont think it matters.

how risky is the hdd mod? like, would it ban you from xbl or reset your gamerscore?[/quote]

naw i doubt they will ban you for that, you're changing out the harddrive and not the console itself... heres a link from XS http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=599533 if you wanna check it out... so far those who got it to work havent had any problem... but you gotta have the exact brand/model for it to work and theres always the question of 'will microsoft be banning for this and that' so theres always that risk alo you have to be a little tech savvy to get it to work right :) but if you manage to do it then its a lol at M$ for their overpriced shit

Thanks OP. I just bought the last one at my Target last night for $125.xx, but am keeping it sealed for a week or so in hopes of getting it cheaper.:D

[quote name='neudog']Thanks OP. I just bought the last one at my Target last night for $125.xx, but am keeping it sealed for a week or so in hopes of getting it cheaper.:D[/quote]
ditto.

i always get hung up on when i call CC asking for inventory checks, so confirmation here is better than an attempt there. i'll check after work, but that's like 6 hours away.

DEAL CONFIRMED!

I just went to my local one in Westbury, NY. I asked for them to price-check the (normally $179.99) 120gb hard drives behind customer service and they rang up as $99.99!

Hooray for unadvertised clearance! Thanks OP!

(The clerk said that the $15 off coupons had expired 11/17. They had a stack of new coupons that don't take effect until Dec 6th)

EDIT: To clarify, the new coupons I saw for 12/6 were $10 off $75, I don't think they had a $15 off $100 anymore, but I could be mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JazzFlight']DEAL CONFIRMED!

I just went to my local one in Westbury, NY. I asked for them to price-check the (normally $179.99) 120gb hard drives behind customer service and they rang up as $99.99!

Hooray for unadvertised clearance! Thanks OP!

(The clerk said that the $15 off coupons had expired 11/17. They had a stack of new coupons that don't take effect until Dec 6th)[/QUOTE]

Bummer...I wonder if we can keep it sealed until the 6th, return it and use the coupon

[quote name='Wario64']Bummer...I wonder if we can keep it sealed until the 6th, return it and use the coupon[/quote]
Yeah, you could. Question is, could you wait that long for $10? (the new coupon that I saw was a $10 off $75)
Me personally, I want to try out the new NXE disc-ripping feature tomorrow, which would be impossible with my 20gb (with 2 gigs currently free).

Well, I guess this dilemma is always the case with CAGs. 'Tis the nature of the beast.

The real question is do I return the 60GB kit I purchased two days ago and try to trade for a 120GB drive. Decisions decisions....

Hmm.. I just saw that I have a $15 off coupon that expires today. I believe this one was mailed out to me sometime ago.

Great find OP! I have a question though:

Will this have an extra 10% off at the stores that are closing down?

If so, I just found my anniversary present!

I'm still gonna wait. $85 for only a 120GB HDD is still kind of a ripoff. I DO want to rip most of my games to the HDD for my 360 when the NXE comes out, though.

Thanks OP,

I just picked one up in Cincinnati, Ohio (Norwood location) and it rang up at $99, no problem. This was great timing for me, I was almost ready to get a used one a GS for the same price but the lack of a transfer cable kept me from pulling the trigger. Now I can continue supplying my Rock Band DLC habit since I filled my 20gig with mostly RB songs.

[quote name='Wario64']i picked up the last one at my circuit city. if the coupon is just $10, screw it...not worth waiting.[/QUOTE]

So can you tell me, is it not worth it to drive over to the sunnyvale CC now? #-o

[quote name='bzchanboy']So can you tell me, is not worth it to drive over to the sunnyvale CC now? #-o[/QUOTE]

Nah, i got it from almaden in san jose.

Thanks ops

In stock in my backyard....
and have a $15 coupon....

Probably heading to BB for a PM (should be $78.60 plus tx)

Yes, my BB always pms coupons....

[quote name='Danil ACE']If I didn't have an elite already for the past year, I'd jump on this.[/quote]

Is there no use for this if you have an Elite?

I guess you can only have one HDD connected at a time, and you can only have your profile (and associated games) on one drive at a time...

bread's done
Back