Bing GOLD RUSH EVENT - DEC 4 - EBAY CURRENTLY AT 15% GO GO GO!

gomikeoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
http://www.bing.com/community/blogs...ark-your-calendars-a-gold-rush-is-coming.aspx

MARK YO CALENDARS.

From cnet blog about event:

Bing Gold Rush Many people really like Microsoft's Bing cashback program, and with good reason: After buying stuff you were going to buy anyway, you get money back. Three percent here, 10 percent there--it adds up. Starting Black Friday, retailers like AT&T, eBay, Gap, Sears, and Walmart will be raising their cashback rates as high as 35 percent. Microsoft didn't give me any specific details, but if you're planning to shop online, Bing is probably a smart place to start.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-10402387-58.html

Hmm. 35% cashback and Forza 3 for $39.99 at sears.com. Paying $25.99 for Forza 3 would be a deal maker. But... who knows if sears.com will have 35% cashback. In any case I'll keep an eye on this Bing cashback deal. Thanks OP!

This would be great. If this is real, I would pick up a 32GB iPod Touch for only $180 at Walmart. If this is real, fuck leaving my house on Friday.

they had 40% bing cashback last year from hp.com, I hope they would have something similar this year but I heard its going to be 20%

ebay would be nice. Loved it when it was 30% last year

Tag, interesting, but honestly, I doubt ebay will have the 35%. Still, a boost in cashback may push me to get a few extra things extra cheap..

[quote name='Xfactor19990']:) I remember the 35% ebay, it was so great haha[/QUOTE]

Yes it was...

New tires and rims for the wifes car...

[quote name='rickshankshaw']How do you you get Bing cashback?[/QUOTE]

have a paypal account?

Go to bing.com and search for said product...

A little gold coin should pop up that bing offers cashback and a certain percentage... last few times cheap wii worked and would trigger the top search result to equal... get a cheap wii on ebay and get __% cashback.

there are some underlying rules, as in you have to check out within a certain time of doing the searc, certain things are excluded, etc.

Also you can just go to bing and hit the cashback option and search stores that offer some discount that way as well... keep in mind these run in spurts and for short periods. I have see the bing ebay one jump up to 18% for a few hours and then go back down.

it only works on BIN auctions as well, no bidding for the ebay.

Also, I am not sure if anyone noticed, but they upped the limit from 20 purchases to 40 purchases on Ebay. So if you ran out of opportunities, you now have 20 more!

Man 35% off at eBay would make:

PS3 Slim - $195

Typical 360/PS3 Game at $60 - $39 if not less

PSP Assasins Creed/Gran Turismo Packs - $130

These would be some crazy deals. I just got a Assasins Creed PSP Pack from Amazon, if I knew about this I would have waited, ah well!

This all assuming it is eBay with th 35% off, and you do have to wait 60 days to see those savings.

Does anyone know off hand if their is a limit to the amount of cashback from Bing.com on a single purchase? I now know its $2500 total in a calendar year, but I wonder if their is a limit on a single purchase. I mean say you bought a $2000 television from eBay at 35% cashback, are they really going to give you $700 cash back in one transaction? I couldn't find this answer at FAQ on Bing.com.

[quote name='Despacio']Does anyone know off hand if their is a limit to the amount of cashback from Bing.com on a single purchase? I now know its $2500 total in a calendar year, but I wonder if their is a limit on a single purchase. I mean say you bought a $2000 television from eBay at 35% cashback, are they really going to give you $700 cash back in one transaction? I couldn't find this answer at FAQ on Bing.com.[/QUOTE]

I believe that the limit is retailer based; ebay limits you to $200 per item.

so i get seeing the coin to know its a cash back bing thing---but once you get into a web store--how do you know that item will give you cash back. does it have a coin as well or does it say something like special..

i was trying to search to get an idea....searched to ps3 and saw you get
%10back but from walmart clicked on it but once i saw the ps3 i saw no coin or how to tell im getting cash back??

Does anyone know if Bing will work with Gamestop.com? I tried but it doesnt seem to be there. I wanna get Valkyria Chronicles & Demon's Soul w/ Bing cashback.

Im a little confused about this.

So if I understand correctly, will there be a high % cashback on ALL BuyItNow auctions? There has to be a catch, is it certain eBay stores or something or all auctions that have BuyItNow going on on Black Friday?

Other people are telling me it won't go any higher than 10% on Ebay, this true?

I'd love for 35% off of eBay but I doubt it'll happen. But even 25% would be good... I doubt that will happen either.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']:) I remember the 35% ebay, it was so great haha[/QUOTE]

I kicked myself for missing that... especially since back then, sellers didn't knowingly inflate their price knowing about the discount.:bomb:

[quote name='youenvy']so i get seeing the coin to know its a cash back bing thing---but once you get into a web store--how do you know that item will give you cash back. does it have a coin as well or does it say something like special..

i was trying to search to get an idea....searched to ps3 and saw you get
%10back but from walmart clicked on it but once i saw the ps3 i saw no coin or how to tell im getting cash back??[/QUOTE]

once you login and transfer through to the retailer you have to take it on faith. I've never had a problem. Just make sure you purchase from the site that you launched through Bing. On ebay it will tell you your savings before making the purchase. Also things like coupons/discount codes will void the cashback so dont use them. Just do a straight purchase.

[quote name='darkness12']Im a little confused about this.

So if I understand correctly, will there be a high % cashback on ALL BuyItNow auctions? There has to be a catch, is it certain eBay stores or something or all auctions that have BuyItNow going on on Black Friday?

Other people are telling me it won't go any higher than 10% on Ebay, this true?[/QUOTE]

No catch. There are a few limitations but nothing you need to be worried about. When you go to complete the purchase it will show you your Cashback savings prior to confirming the BIN so you wont have a problem. As far as what it will go up to, im extremely dubious about 35% as well and im not sure if that writer was informed correctly. I've seen some retailers go up that high but they're usually retailers you never heard of before or some random junk jewelry site. Sears/walmart etc.. probably will be somewhere between 15-20% realistically. Ebay maybe 20% but more probably something like 15% [its been at 8% for the last few months]. Fingers crossed though.

So what time will this officially start CST? I might hold off on picking up that 40" Samsung HDTV for $598 at Walmart until friday if there is any chance of more than 10% off.

People are asking questions, but we won't know the percentages probably until thursday night at the earliest. Also be prepared to wait 60 days to actually get the cash back on most of these deals. Some sites might do instant cash back, but Ebay doesn't. Somewhere I shopped did.

I'm planning on snatching used Dragon Age, Arkham Asylum, and Marvel UA2 at GS on Wednesday in the B2G1. Hmm...I'll hold onto my receipt in case I can get better deals through this bing CB.

There will be blood deals.

[quote name='qwerty1']
No catch. There are a few limitations but nothing you need to be worried about. When you go to complete the purchase it will show you your Cashback savings prior to confirming the BIN so you wont have a problem. As far as what it will go up to, im extremely dubious about 35% as well and im not sure if that writer was informed correctly. I've seen some retailers go up that high but they're usually retailers you never heard of before or some random junk jewelry site. Sears/walmart etc.. probably will be somewhere between 15-20% realistically. Ebay maybe 20% but more probably something like 15% [its been at 8% for the last few months]. Fingers crossed though.[/QUOTE]

Damn I think the best bet is to just hope for the best then. A deal is a deal, especially considering I wasn't expecting any sort of deal for a used/discontinued product (ps3 60gb)

Hopefully I can catch some auctions off guard, I'm gonna be all over those unaware eBayers with this deal! haha

[quote name='qwerty1']No catch. There are a few limitations but nothing you need to be worried about. When you go to complete the purchase it will show you your Cashback savings prior to confirming the BIN so you wont have a problem. As far as what it will go up to, im extremely dubious about 35% as well and im not sure if that writer was informed correctly. I've seen some retailers go up that high but they're usually retailers you never heard of before or some random junk jewelry site. Sears/walmart etc.. probably will be somewhere between 15-20% realistically. Ebay maybe 20% but more probably something like 15% [its been at 8% for the last few months]. Fingers crossed though.[/QUOTE]

Were you around last year? eBay has been at 35% before.

But its not cashback, its more of a mail in rebate that takes 60+ days to get. I mean its there to use, but I dont think people should advertise or use bing cashback as if they are paying X-X(cashback) = Z for something. As you gotta pay the full price upfront.

but if i want to get anything from ebay I always make sure to use it, its like a mail in rebate thats always available. Plus the ebay bucks thing adds a little for your next purchase even if it is tiny.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']But its not cashback, its more of a mail in rebate that takes 60+ days to get. I mean its there to use, but I dont think people should advertise or use bing cashback as if they are paying X-X(cashback) = Z for something. As you gotta pay the full price upfront.

but if i want to get anything from ebay I always make sure to use it, its like a mail in rebate thats always available. Plus the ebay bucks thing adds a little for your next purchase even if it is tiny.[/QUOTE]

This isnt exactly true. Many of my Ebay purchases lately, I've received the cash back immediately. Even for higher priced merchandise. If you have the money now, spend it as you will not see these prices when you finally decide you have enough cash to purchase whatever it is you desire.

This kind of thinking wastes a ton of money for people every year, probably in the billions. Sure, you may have to wait 60 days, but when you get your check... what is the difference in the end? You are still saving a ton of money! Especially for someone like me who has a recording studio/ entertainment company and spends tens of thousands of dollars a year on it. Last year alone I saved $2000 because of the Live cashback. That was on top of the low prices you find on Ebay, which in turn saved me more.

Pay the money up front... And you will save in the end. Or save the money now and get no discounts and waste that much more. I save tons of money every year because of deals like this and especially Amazon Prime, which must rape Amazon as far as I am concerned because I imagine just one of my sets of touring speakers cost double to 3x of what I paid for that year of Prime to ship.

Save money where you can. I cut every corner in the book to do so.

so basically if I go to dell through bing I'll get a 20% refund on my CC in a bit (on black friday of course). I'm planning to buy a new laptop, so this may be very useful.

Hmm, I'll have to look and see if there is anything I want from Dell. Do keep in mind that Dell takes ~60 days for the bing cash back to be available.

Just a stupid question I need to get out of the way, do you have to have your ebay account under the same email as your bing account, or can they be different emails?

bread's done
Back