PSN Fall games sale. 50% off Flower, Last Guy, & More...

integrafied1

CAGiversary!
I have not seen a post for this so I thought I'd share;
It seems Sony is discounting select PSN titles for 50% off.
Fall sale will be ongoing between Nov. 24th through Dec. 2nd (Thanks J7.)
Found this info here

Flower
Regular price: $9.99
Sale price: $4.99

The Last Guy

Comet Crash

Prince of Persia Classic

Bomberman Ultra

Smash Cars
Regular price: $14.99
Sale price: $7.49

Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao
Regular price: $14.99
Sale price: $7.49

hmmm....i might bite on flower. i wish they would have a sale on super stardust again....i got my ps3 the week after it went on sale

=(

Nice find OP (and thansks J7. - hadn't gone there yet!)! In for Flower & The Last Guy! can't wait now. TLG demo was pretty cool (although hard to grasp wtf was going on), Flower just looks interesting and whimsical!

And wasn't Smash Cars just on sale for $4.99 per the developer? Some 'new' sale on it!!

Thanks. Anybody know if these games are any good? I've heard lots of hype/praise for Flower, and I have The Last Guy from last year, but what about the rest?

[quote name='DesertLeo']is the last guy any good? been tempted...[/QUOTE]

The Last Guy is.....different. Watch some gameplay footage on youtube first before buying it.
Flower on the other hand is great for unwinding from a hour or two of Killzone 2.
Either way, I think they are both definitely worth 5 bucks each.

Comet Crash: I know is an tower-defense game, but that's it.
Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao: This game has some sort of 3D effect.
Smash Cars: Demo is up on the PSN, check it out.
Bomberman Ultra: Old-school Bomerman with extra stuff, play the demo.
Prince of Persia Classic: Remake of the very first prince of persia.

Everyone should get Flower.
[quote name='DesertLeo']is the last guy any good? been tempted...[/QUOTE]You should bite. Better than the demo lets on.

I'm definitely in for Flower and Comet Crash, and maybe Smash Cars. Has PSN added the ability to order from a computer yet, I won't have access to my ps3 for about a week?

Is it just me, or is Flower trying to shove environmental issues down our throats? I was hoping for a relaxing game with no hidden agendas.

[quote name='msdmoney']I'm definitely in for Flower and Comet Crash, and maybe Smash Cars. Has PSN added the ability to order from a computer yet, I won't have access to my ps3 for about a week?[/QUOTE]

You can only do that for the PSP via Media Go.

[quote name='msdmoney']I'm definitely in for Flower and Comet Crash, and maybe Smash Cars. Has PSN added the ability to order from a computer yet, I won't have access to my ps3 for about a week?[/QUOTE]
Often times sales on PSN will also be on the Amazon PSN store.

[quote name='integrafied1']Whoops, hadn't checked there. Thanks for the dates.[/QUOTE]
No problem. Good to give these types of deals as much exposure as possible. I'm in for Flower & PoPC. I played the demo of PoPC & The Last Guy, both were fun but I prefer PoPC because I like those types of games. I'm tempted by The Last Guy & Comet Crash, but don't want to spend more.

[quote name='wongjp']Flower is such a great game. At that price I highly recommend.[/QUOTE]

yeah but is flower a game, or a 'tech' demo? what is the purpose? to make sure your petal flies around unharmed and see the surroundings??

[quote name='token2k6']yeah but is flower a game, or a 'tech' demo? what is the purpose? to make sure your petal flies around unharmed and see the surroundings??[/QUOTE]What's the purpose of any game?

There are levels with starts and ends. You actively play it.

It's not like detuned or Linger in Shadows if that's what you mean.

Comet Crash is well worth $5. I enjoyed it more than PixelJunk Monsters personally. Plus they have added content to the game for free via patches. The first patch increased the visuals, and the 2nd added more maps. It is fun coop too, though it is offline only.

[quote name='dallow']Sale starts when they update the store later today.[/QUOTE]

ooo thank you good sir

i was worried there for a moment

[quote name='jcr21']i only have 5.01 in my wallet from the purchase of fat princes
perfect prices[/QUOTE]

don't get too excited, there will (may?) be tax! :roll:

[quote name='token2k6']don't get too excited, there will (may?) be tax! :roll:[/QUOTE]

nooooooooooooo!!!!
wait there is no tax i had a $20 psn card bouth fat princes for 14.99 ended up with 5.01 which have been in my wallet for about 6 months now.

dont scare me man.

You're probably better off reading/watching reviews on Flower to actually have it explained but I'll give it a try.

It's like snake game with super mario galaxy without powerups. You fly around, hit jump pads, get to places, almost like de Blob where you have to sprout certain things. It's in between a game and a tech demo.

Has anyone played this version of Bomberman? I have not been pleased with some of the more recent Bomberman releases (like Bomberman Land for Wii) so I'm wondering if this is like the Bomberman everyone loves or not.

[quote name='jcr21']nooooooooooooo!!!!
wait there is no tax i had a $20 psn card bouth fat princes for 14.99 ended up with 5.01 which have been in my wallet for about 6 months now.

dont scare me man.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah, that's why i put (may?). I guess you live somewhere they don't charge tax..i'm fairly certain I always have to pay tax when I buy stuff off the PSN as my purchases are never nice 'round' figures. I usually get the code cards from BB and know for sure I don't pay tax on them (but I do when I get XBL cards..) good luck!

So just to be certain, you can't purchase games via an internet browser and then download them later? I know the 360 has offered that feature for quite some time...

[quote name='dallow']Sale starts when they update the store later today.[/QUOTE]

Are they doing an early PSN store update this week? If I recall correctly they did a pre-Thanksgiving update last year, but it was on the Wednesday before, not the Tuesday.

This is why I purchase nothing on PSN unless I absolutely MUST have it THAT MINUTE-- these sales seem to hit pretty much anything I'd want. Glad to finally see Flower on sale, I've been hoping to pick it up.

Last Guy is a lot of fun, very old school feeling, totally worth it. (Wasn't it on sale in one of these recently?)

I may have to pick up Invincible Tiger just since I got the 3d glasses a while back when they were sending them out for free. ;)

Thanks for the heads up about this!

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Are they doing an early PSN store update this week? If I recall correctly they did a pre-Thanksgiving update last year, but it was on the Wednesday before, not the Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
It's today. Confirmed at a few places.

Plus, the letter from Sony says the sale starts the 24th so they have to update.

[quote name='token2k6']lol, yeah, that's why i put (may?). I guess you live somewhere they don't charge tax..i'm fairly certain I always have to pay tax when I buy stuff off the PSN as my purchases are never nice 'round' figures. I usually get the code cards from BB and know for sure I don't pay tax on them (but I do when I get XBL cards..) good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!

[quote name='wampa8jedi']So just to be certain, you can't purchase games via an internet browser and then download them later? I know the 360 has offered that feature for quite some time...[/QUOTE]

no you can't, you can really only view your entire download history on the web. Now, this doesn't apply here, but if you had a PSP and MediaGO, that's a different story. You can buy at anytime thru MediaGO on whatever PC its installed and then copy to your PSP later

[quote name='blackwaltz34']hmmm....i might bite on flower. i wish they would have a sale on super stardust again....i got my ps3 the week after it went on sale

=([/QUOTE]

When was Super Stardust on sale for the ps3? I bought it a few weeks ago when it was on sale for the psp. I would have preferred it on the ps3 though =(

[quote name='jubeininja69']games that are on sale are games that don't sell before.[/QUOTE]

sometimes but not always. I doubt Bomberman sold poorly , and Ratchet and Clank : Quest for Booty probably didn't sell poorly either.

In for Flower. Almost broke down and bought it multiple times in the past, but was holding out for the sale. If you want a co-op tower defense and offense game then Comet Crash should be a definite buy. Got it recently since wife loves tower defense games and didn't want to wait. It's worth the original $10, though I like PJM's style more.

[quote name='sabanoo']Has anyone played this version of Bomberman? I have not been pleased with some of the more recent Bomberman releases (like Bomberman Land for Wii) so I'm wondering if this is like the Bomberman everyone loves or not.[/QUOTE]

This is like the Bomberman everyone loves. Specifically, it's a port of Bomberman Live for the 360 which is like the old-school Bomberman multiplayer games (not to be confused with Bomberman: Act Zero which we will never speak of again). This also has the content that was DLC for the 360 like new maps and character costumes. If you loved the old Bomberman games and love playing it with friends, the only reason not to get this is because you have the 360 version.

Since I already have Flower and The Last Guy, I'd probably be in for Comet Crash. I have the others for my 360 and I wasn't too fond of Smash Cars. I'm starting to warm up to tower defense and once my sister and I finish South Park on the 360, this will scratch that tower defense co-op itch nicely.

bread's done
Back