B2 G1 @ Gamestop (YMMV)

dlg3rd

CAG Veteran
I talked to a gamestop employee tonight and they said to expect a B2G1 free sale to go into effect next week. Not sure if it's just for this location (Hampton, VA | Peninsula Town Center) since it's a new location, but I doubt it because normally that would be a grand opening type of deal if only for one store, right?

I guess we'll have to see.

YMMV - Confirmed today !

Last edited by a moderator:
In my experience most new stores have different B2G1 sales.

The last one to open in the Kansas City area had a B2G1 sale while none of the others did.

but it also definitely could be one. Hopefully so.

[quote name='chickenbutt']I hope it's for all places :)
I need to get a copy of Blazblue[/QUOTE]
Yes you do. :p

In all seriousness, though, I REALLY hope it's true. I've been itching to spend some of my $100+ in GS credit from the 50% Bonus promo. :p

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Yes you do. :p

In all seriousness, though, I REALLY hope it's true. I've been itching to spend some of my $100+ in GS credit from the 50% Bonus promo. :p[/QUOTE]

It better be true. Combine no B2G1 with absolute s--t coupons and there hasn't been a reason to step in to Gamestop in a LONG time.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Yes you do. :p

In all seriousness, though, I REALLY hope it's true. I've been itching to spend some of my $100+ in GS credit from the 50% Bonus promo. :p[/QUOTE]

yeah same situation here too! although i was planning to use the 25% off coupon when u buy GOW3 so i can get FF13 used and get 25% + 10% Edge card discount on it!

now i dono if i should wait for B2G1 sale or use the coupon, cause the coupon dies out on thursday i think....

Normally I'd be glad but after all these sales I've gotten almost all the games I've wanted new at the same used prices. GS probably doesn't have anything to offer me unless I dig through the PS2 piles just for collections sake. They offer too little too late, sorry GS.

Holy shit, PLEASE be true! I've got $110 in GS credit. I'll most likely be ordering online - if anyone problems arise I'll just exchange my game in-store.

I've got a ton of $17.99 used games to buy on my GS wishlist. With B2G1 free, CAG16, and EDGE... I'll be a happy boy. :D

orly. well, I guess it'll depend on game availability then - I'm REALLY wanting MLB 10 or MLB 2K10.. so most likely I'll be headed to the store. I doubt GS.com will be receiving any of these by the time the sale starts... but I really like the -$5 off you get by ordering online.

[quote name='Jay']Question, are you guys going to purchase your games in store or online?[/QUOTE]

In store. I like to check the disks and package before I buy. Dont want ratty games or cases.

I hope this is true, there are quite a few games I want to pick up for PS3.

Adding to a backlog that is already huge....thats what she said!!!!

Hoping this isnt only a local thing because gamestop has to keep me interested in their stores because the manager at my local store is a major d-bag

It would be nice if this were true, but I just spent a large chunk of my GS points making use of the $10 off glitch. I've still got $12-ish left, plus I get paid on Friday, but do I really need a bigger backlog?

[quote name='hellhunde']It would be nice if this were true, but I just spent a large chunk of my GS points making use of the $10 off glitch. I've still got $12-ish left, plus I get paid on Friday, but do I really need a bigger backlog?[/QUOTE]

Hey a backlog means you'll never be bored!

I prefer the B2G1F to come up in a month's time from now, when more copies of Final Fantasy XIII and God of War III will be available.

arg! dang i just did the gohasting b2g1 for $1 but if my gamestop got tales of vesperia, folklore and lost oddyssey why not then :p

If it's like any of the other locations in Hampton, the employees are full of shit. The people that work at the location that was across from it (not sure if it's still there as I have moved out of the area) are dumb as can be. Hopefully the OP received good info, because it is about time for a B2G1 and I wouldn't mind getting some fighters to spice up my library. By the way OP, isn't the new location Peninsula Town Center? Hampton Town Center is the one with the AMC and the Books-a-Million, and that location has been there for years.

now, lets just hope they allow cag16 with this and edge... until CAGs destroy them by getting everything 50% off (assuming all three titles are same price)

in for ME2 , BF:BC2 , and .... MW2.... and throw 3-6 games that are 10-30

[quote name='hellhunde']It would be nice if this were true, but I just spent a large chunk of my GS points making use of the $10 off glitch. I've still got $12-ish left, plus I get paid on Friday, but do I really need a bigger backlog?[/QUOTE]

Are you over 50 games behind yet? While I may not get to playing the newest titles for a few months after release at least I find them for $40 or less, and can choose whatever genre I want for my next game rather than wait for the next release.

Instead of sifting through GS's miserable piles and fighting to remove the price stickers I just wait for regular stores to offer sales then go clean up. And since I never trade away games I never have any credit. Amazon and TrU give you cards just for buying games.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Im new around here but not to video games. That being said, i've never heard the team cag16 before. Care to enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

Cag16 is a code that this site got with gamestop. It only works online but gets you 16% off any used game purchase. so if you have an edge card all used games are just under 25% off. which means new games for $38ish ($50 is standard used price online for $60 games). add that with the SAVER code for free value shipping and gamestop becomes awesome again.

[quote name='An J0e']Cag16 is a code that this site got with gamestop. It only works online but gets you 16% off any used game purchase. so if you have an edge card all used games are just under 25% off. which means new games for $38ish ($50 is standard used price online for $60 games). add that with the SAVER code for free value shipping and gamestop becomes awesome again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Yeah thats definitely nice. When they do b2g1, has it been combineable with this before?

has worked before, but they will probably make it unstackable. Im going to check online before they open, then going to go to store if it doesn't work (online prices are sometimes 5-10 cheaper then store, look for "online price only" before you go to store)

[quote name='An J0e']has worked before, but they will probably make it unstackable. Im going to check online before they open, then going to go to store if it doesn't work (online prices are sometimes 5-10 cheaper then store, look for "online price only" before you go to store)[/QUOTE]

Here's to hoping it's soon and stackable. Taking some willpower to not buy about 10 games right now, lol.

[quote name='An J0e']Cag16 is a code that this site got with gamestop. It only works online but gets you 16% off any used game purchase. so if you have an edge card all used games are just under 25% off. which means new games for $38ish ($50 is standard used price online for $60 games). add that with the SAVER code for free value shipping and gamestop becomes awesome again.[/QUOTE]

um cag16 and edge is 26 %off

B2G1 at gamestop is DEFINITLEY coming soon. I decided to put in B2G1 as a coupon code at gamestop.com, just on the very off chance it might work. It didnt give any discounts...but this did appear just like it was any other working gamestop.com promo:

clear.gif
Coupon B2G1 - TESTBuy2 Get 1 Free Used

If this is any indication, it'll be soon.

I was just thinking we need another one of these. I too am waiting to buy a few older games and gamestop texted me and said I had credit...could be goood times

[quote name='Drclaw411']B2G1 at gamestop is DEFINITLEY coming soon. I decided to put in B2G1 as a coupon code at gamestop.com, just on the very off chance it might work. It didnt give any discounts...but this did appear just like it was any other working gamestop.com promo:

clear.gif
Coupon B2G1 - TESTBuy2 Get 1 Free Used

If this is any indication, it'll be soon.[/QUOTE]

no thats always been there

I can finally buy back ME2. I traded it in at the beginning of the 50% promo, so I want it back. Along with a few other titles I haven't touched since I bought.

My backlog might be big, but i'll eventually run out of things to play.

[quote name='killer9']no thats always been there[/QUOTE]
Pretty much this. Some expired codes still exist and come up when entered, but don't apply discounts.

Gamestop tends to do their B2G1 at the end of quarters. And with the game day sale I would guess that this is true.

[quote name='DPsx7']Are you over 50 games behind yet? While I may not get to playing the newest titles for a few months after release at least I find them for $40 or less, and can choose whatever genre I want for my next game rather than wait for the next release.

Instead of sifting through GS's miserable piles and fighting to remove the price stickers I just wait for regular stores to offer sales then go clean up. And since I never trade away games I never have any credit. Amazon and TrU give you cards just for buying games.[/QUOTE]

I'm at about 17 games on PC, half a dozen on 360 and 7 on PS3. Of course, I don't own a PS3 (yet), have access to a 360 (anymore) and I need to upgrade my computer before I bother playing most of the games. Oh, and I've got a couple of Wii games left to play as well.

[quote name='killer9']um cag16 and edge is 26 %off[/QUOTE]

not really

it 10% off then 16% off that price.

comes out to 24.4% so it close, but not 26%

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm behind on picking up too many games. This would be a godsend.[/QUOTE]
LMAO! I am way behind as well. The backlog is actually shrinking so need to keep it growing...

[quote name='Denbo32']not really

it 10% off then 16% off that price.

comes out to 24.4% so it close, but not 26%[/QUOTE]

Yep. I found that out with my last order. The good news is it was still a good deal, and the game was in great shape. Actually the disc was a little bit scratched up, but perfectly playable. The case and manual were pristine and had only one lone little sticker on the back, instead of the 3 or 4 you get in-store.

B2G1 is great, but only if you can find 3 matched titles and without buying crap you don't actually want. It's doable, but takes real effort.

bread's done
Back