• Tron Bonne
  • Wesker
  • Arthur
  • Nathan Spencer
  • Zero (Mega Man X)
  • C. Viper (Street Fighter IV)
  • Mike Haggar
  • Akuma
  • Hsien-Ko (AKA Lei Lei from Darkstalkers)

Marvel:
  • Iron Man
  • Hulk
  • Wolverine
  • Captain America
  • Deadpool
  • Dr. Doom
  • Super Skrull
  • Thor
  • Dormammu
  • X-23
  • Spider-Man
  • Magneto
  • Modok
  • She Hulk
  • Storm
  • Phoenix
  • Taskmaster
  • Sentinel

Downloadable characters:
Currently two downloadable characters have been announced. They are included with the Special Edition and will be available one month after the game comes out.

• Jill Valentine (Capcom)
  • Shuma Gorath (Marvel)

Achievements
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/marvel-vs-capcom-3/achievements/

Reviews

Last edited by a moderator:
it will be interesting to see if they break the 56 charcter limit or go under 56 and have a better balance.

Whoops! I guess there is going to be more then 56 charcters... any guesses 75, 90 maybe?

I have serious doubts that this is real.

Also, while MvC2 was really good on the Dreamcast, single player on the 360 version sucked ass. Multiplayer was good, though.

this could be a lot of fun if they dont switch up the combat all that much. i dont need an ex cancel, focus, etc that sf4 put into the game.

Hope there is a little better balance since mvc2's god tier is hella small w/ sent, storm, mag, cable at the top. As long as there is 15+ or so out of the 'large number' of characters that are worth playing, im game.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have serious doubts that this is real.

Also, while MvC2 was really good on the Dreamcast, single player on the 360 version sucked ass. Multiplayer was good, though.[/QUOTE]

I thought the single player was the exact same thing on the 360 minus the unlocks.

Unlocks are a bad idea. There was a reason they did it for the XBLA release and Tekken 6, and there was a reason why they're doing it in Super Street Fighter 4. That reason being people hate unlocking stuff in fighting games. Especially characters they can use.

[quote name='ubernes']People hate unlocks? Seems a bit of a false generalization. I personally loved the unlocks in the Dreamcast version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was almost disappointed when I found the XBLA version came fully unlocked. But it was understandable.

Tekken 2 and 3, half the fun was unlocking all the characters and modes. It's not like you have to pay for characters, you just have to play. Single player is completely pointless without character unlocks IMO (Not in all cases though.) Replayability = more bang for your buck and a better experience.

[quote name='TheCapn010']Tekken 2 and 3, half the fun was unlocking all the characters and modes. It's not like you have to pay for characters, you just have to play. Single player is completely pointless without character unlocks IMO (Not in all cases though.) Replayability = more bang for your buck and a better experience whether your playing alone or with friends.[/QUOTE]

Fighting games really aren't meant to be played single player (especially now with online gaming.)

That is why I think that having a bunch of unlockable stuff besides characters is the best and most obvious solution.

[quote name='eastx']
[*]This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.[/QUOTE]

Lets hope they don't use the SF4 art style :puke:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Fighting games really aren't meant to be played single player (especially now with online gaming.)

That is why I think that having a bunch of unlockable stuff besides characters is the best and most obvious solution.[/QUOTE]

I' agree that in this day and age of online competitive multiplayer your point is valid for certain titles. But should every game be designed the same way? If the roster is balanced correctly, I don't think it should matter whether someone has every character compared to a newbie who has GenericMan-X (skill being the deciding factor.) Now, I'm not saying EVERY game should have character unlocks, but I don't think it should be the other extreme either. It depends upon the individual game itself. Lastly IMHO singleplayer, when utilized correctly, just adds another level of depth to a fighter. If it can't be done well however, multiplayer-centric fighter is the solution yes.

Still wating for the SSF4 PC confirmation.

And any news on MVC3 on PC would be cool, too. Still wish they released MVC2 and SSF2THDR on PC.

[quote name='TheCapn010']I' agree that in this day and age of online competitive multiplayer your point is valid for certain titles. But should every game be designed the same way? If the roster is balanced correctly, I don't think it should matter whether someone has every character compared to a newbie who has GenericMan-X (skill being the deciding factor.) Now, I'm not saying EVERY game should have character unlocks, but I don't think it should be the other extreme either. It depends upon the individual game itself. Lastly IMHO singleplayer, when utilized correctly, just adds another level of depth to a fighter. If it can't be done well however, multiplayer-centric fighter is the solution yes.[/QUOTE]

No roster is balanced. It is not about certain characters being the deciding factor, it is about not having to trudge through a single-player campaign instead of being able to hop right into online multi-player, where you truly learn how to play the game.

Why does it depend on the game? Offer unlocks besides characters.

Single-player can be fun in fighters (modes like Weapon Master in Soul Cal 2 and even the Tekken 6 Campaign was fun for what it was). That doesn't mean that you should have character unlocks, though. Allow us to unlock different, cosmetic things (such as costume items in T6 and weapons in SC2). Extra stages to fight in would be cool too. Just give me all the characters so I don't have to keep on beating the single-player (I'm looking at you, Tat vs. Cap.)

Uhh shouldn't the title have rumor still in it somewhere until it's actually official? Anyways someone should post the mvc3 AF pic from a while back.

I don't hate character unlocks at all. One of the few things that keeps me coming back, since I really don't have any desire to learn characters inside and out and become an "elite" player or whatever. I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't really care about playing fighting games online. Local multiplayer I'm definitely down with. But playing online matches in fighting games against strangers does nothing for me.

Anyway, if this is legit, it'll be day 1 for me as long as they don't mess with the formula too much.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I thought the single player was the exact same thing on the 360 minus the unlocks.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version, even on the easiest setting, was exponentially harder.

if small low popular characters aren't in the game I'm not playing it. I mean please put in RED SKULL for example.. and please if you put in 20 street fighter guys put in 20 none street fighter guys in.

if i dont see ONE character from onimusha/devil may cry/ or breath of fire. I'll sue capcom for disappointment.

[quote name='whoknows']Lets hope they don't use the SF4 art style :puke:[/QUOTE]

Agreed! That guy doesn't understand the female anatomy at all.

[quote name='KingBroly']Unlocks are a bad idea. There was a reason they did it for the XBLA release and Tekken 6, and there was a reason why they're doing it in Super Street Fighter 4. That reason being people hate unlocking stuff in fighting games. Especially characters they can use.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the reason they did it for the re-releases was because that people already unlocked the extra features in prior versions. I personally enjoy unlocking the extras, gives you a reason to play through single player.

To be fair, a lot of the unlocks were overly time consuming, to a fault. It took something like 20 hours of play to unlock the Sentinel.

[quote name='Matt Young']The 360 version, even on the easiest setting, was exponentially harder.[/QUOTE]

I knew I wasn't imagining that.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Fighting games really aren't meant to be played single player (especially now with online gaming.)

That is why I think that having a bunch of unlockable stuff besides characters is the best and most obvious solution.[/QUOTE]
This. I don't mind playing through arcade mode, but to have to play through it a ton of times just to unlock a character I want to play is ridiculous. I'd rather spend a few hours learning a character in training/online play instead of having to spend that same amount of time unlocking him.

Unlocking colors, costumes, art, etc. makes much more sense.

considering the whole nonsense that happened with MUA2 and the disappearance of the extra DLC, Capcom may only have access/rights to a handful of previous characters which they've mentioned already and are still in other games. I'd imagine, no one new but just a vast collection of all the Marvel characters they had in the past + whatever they wanted to include from their own capcom universe. Kinda crazy though, since SSFIV is about to be released. I love the game, but you can only have so many fighting games.

i got so bored so so so damn bored with street fighter anniversary after like 30 minutes. not only was i getting my ass kicked by chunli in both sf2 and sf3, from what i played everything was already available. giving me no incentive to continue getting my ass kicked by chunli

[quote name='timesplitt']i got so bored so so so damn bored with street fighter anniversary after like 30 minutes. not only was i getting my ass kicked by chunli in both sf2 and sf3, from what i played everything was already available. giving me no incentive to continue getting my ass kicked by chunli[/QUOTE]

There is such a thing as trying to get better at the game so that you can win against other people. You might be surprised, but that's actually the main point of fighting games. :p

Wow!!! Chris Redfield in the game!! :applause: Amazing even more pumped for it.

I wonder if they will add phoenix wright since they(video game press) talked to capcom developers about it on numerous occasions. Granted that was for tatsunko vs. capcom but still if servbot can be playable phoenix wright maybe could be a great fit for this game instead.

All well only 7 hours/8ish more hours till the floodgates open :cool:

Hype!

[quote name='rocky435']Wow!!! Chris Redfield in the game!! :applause: Amazing even more pumped for it.

I wonder if they will add phoenix wright since they(video game press) talked to capcom developers about it on numerous occasions. Granted that was for tatsunko vs. capcom but still if servbot can be playable phoenix wright maybe could be a great fit for this game instead.

All well only 7 hours/8ish more hours till the floodgates open :cool:[/QUOTE]

If Phoenix Wright is in the game, I'm definitely maining him.

I hope Tron Bonne comes back. Capcom refuses to give me my Megaman Legends sequel, so at least give me this.

It seems only fair and right that after Resident Evil 5 that Chris Redfield should be fighting the Hulk. Jesus I want more...

bread's done
Back