Marvel vs. Capcom 3 discussion thread

[quote name='rocky435']Wow!!! Chris Redfield in the game!! :applause: Amazing even more pumped for it.

I wonder if they will add phoenix wright since they(video game press) talked to capcom developers about it on numerous occasions. Granted that was for tatsunko vs. capcom but still if servbot can be playable phoenix wright maybe could be a great fit for this game instead.

All well only 7 hours/8ish more hours till the floodgates open :cool:[/QUOTE]

Phoenix's main issue is localization-ish. Seems the Japanese for "Objection!" is only four characters long, as opposed to ten in the American version. The move would be downright OP in the American version.

... FINALLY! I'm so glad EA dropped the ball on the Marvel fighting franchise so Capcom could pick it back up again.

I want Deadpool in this game.

Just give me Cammy and I'll day-1 it... maybe. Okay, Cammy and some offline/solo modes worth playing and I'll day-1 it. No maybe that time.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Not to happy with the SF IV art style honestly. I guess I will just have to demo it first honestly.[/QUOTE]

It's not the same character designer, so it won't be the same art. Also Deadpool's likely to be in it, so you should cheer up! :p

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Not to happy with the SF IV art style honestly. I guess I will just have to demo it first honestly.[/QUOTE]

Really!? I think the cell shading fits perfectly...after all they are comic book characters.

I'm just not happy that all the girls in Street Fighter IV have man hands and Chun Li has some kind of African parasite that gives her those fat person legs. The outlines and stuff are all cool.

Those are probably heavily modified like the Super Street Fighter IV models. You know, the ones on the SSFIV boxart that look terrible?

So wait, the producer of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is working on this?? :)

500x_mvc3announcementart-1000.jpg

The artwork def looks like it was from the same artist.

But the game models like street fighter 4ish. So, the game engine is based off of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's mixed with MT framework and this gets to become Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Or am i totally off on this??

I also have a feeling there is going to be more then just 30 characters. Mega Man is missing which just feels odd he's not in the opening announcement, maybe proto man or bass could be alternatives to tron bonne??

Overall I'm glad Marvel worked with Capcom to make this happen. It also seems to tie in nicely with the upcoming Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, and Avenger movies too.

[quote name='eastx']It's not the same character designer, so it won't be the same art. Also Deadpool's likely to be in it, so you should cheer up! :p[/QUOTE]

Yah, make me a little bit happier!! :D :D

[quote name='eastx']I'm just not happy that all the girls in Street Fighter IV have man hands and Chun Li has some kind of African parasite that gives her those fat person legs. The outlines and stuff are all cool.[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha, I thought Chun Li needed those fat legs :p :p

I'm praying it doesn't have a three-button control scheme like Tatsunoko. As great as that game is, it just wouldn't be MvC without more inputs.

I totally had to change my pants after reading about MvC3! So excited about it. I'm guessing they had this in the works for a while and MvC2 on live sales did pretty good to warrant a new game. With SF4 doing so well they can see the fighting community is still as large as ever. Very VERY happy about this announcement.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea... 30 characters has me worried.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Cutting the roster basically in half (I believe there were just under 30 on each "side" in MvsC2) is really disappointing.

While I'm reasonably sure Capcom will jump at the opportunity to charge us for another 4 to 10 "bonus" characters that are probably already on the disc...I dunno. The main appeal of MvsC2 for me was the insane amount of characters. ~30 doesn't impress me at all.

If there are less characters than Marvel vs. Capcom 2, everyone will have to understand it. MvC2 reused sprites from MvC 1 and just added some new characters. Part 3 has to start from scratch since the characters are now 3D models. They'll likely have different moves, timing, etc. too.
The developers said there will be more than 30, which could be 38, 42, who knows? It's not set in stone yet.

[quote name='eastx']If there are less characters than Marvel vs. Capcom 2, everyone will have to understand it. MvC2 reused sprites from MvC 1 and just added some new characters. Part 3 has to start from scratch since the characters are now 3D models. They'll likely have different moves, timing, etc. too.
The developers said there will be more than 30, which could be 38, 42, who knows? It's not set in stone yet.[/QUOTE]

This. How could you possibly expect more characters than MvC2. It used sprites from Darkstalkers, Street Fighter Alpha, X-Men Children of the Atom etc... The only "new" characters in MvC2 were Cable, Marrow, Ruby Heart, Tron Bonne, Jill, Amingo and Son-Son (I'm sure there are 1 or 2 I am forgetting) but the point is, they have to start from scratch for this. I'd be happy with 25+.

My main hope is that the characters that were in 2 that are also going to be in 3 won't have the same move-set as they did in 2. Since Capcom has to make them from scratch anyway, might as well get a little creative right? Show us what Spidey would be like as a charge character, or Hulk as a grappler.

[quote name='eastx']If there are less characters than Marvel vs. Capcom 2, everyone will have to understand it. MvC2 reused sprites from MvC 1 and just added some new characters. Part 3 has to start from scratch since the characters are now 3D models. They'll likely have different moves, timing, etc. too.
The developers said there will be more than 30, which could be 38, 42, who knows? It's not set in stone yet.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']This. How could you possibly expect more characters than MvC2. It used sprites from Darkstalkers, Street Fighter Alpha, X-Men Children of the Atom etc...[/QUOTE]

I wasn't "expecting" as many charaters - that's the point though, I don't like the 3D move to begin with, because I knew as soon as I heard that it would be switched, the roster would be cut wayyyy down.

I'd think if there were going to be, for instance, 42 characters, they would have said there will be more than 40. I'm expecting 32-36 at most. Not including the ones they are going to charge us for later.

[quote name='rocky435']So wait, the producer of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is working on this?? :)

500x_mvc3announcementart-1000.jpg

The artwork def looks like it was from the same artist.

But the game models like street fighter 4ish. So, the game engine is based off of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom's mixed with MT framework and this gets to become Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Or am i totally off on this??

I also have a feeling there is going to be more then just 30 characters. Mega Man is missing which just feels odd he's not in the opening announcement, maybe proto man or bass could be alternatives to tron bonne??

Overall I'm glad Marvel worked with Capcom to make this happen. It also seems to tie in nicely with the upcoming Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, and Avenger movies too.[/QUOTE]

Same artists that have been working with Capcom for years now. Not just Tatsunoko

Actually 3D will mean more characters. BlazBlue and KoF12 got a very limited cast because it takes a long time to create 2D sprite. If they are going 2D you would be lucky to get 20 characters. I think 30 characters is fine. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom only had 26 and that was a good cast. MvC2 had over 50 characters but many were not worth using.

So long as I get Jill back and Frank West (MAKE HIM A MOTION CHARACTER THIS TIME PLZ KTHX) to complete the Zombie Massacre team I plan to main when this comes out I'm happy. Now back to my scrubby ass relearning MvC2 all over again. ;'(

If they won't give me Jill or Frank at least either make Super Skull and Deadpool ridiculously good or hold on to Juggs for me.

I defiantly needs a large cast, larger than Tatsunoko vs Capcom at least. But I don't expect it to be bigger than MvC2.

the more i think about this game the more i feel and think its going to be "comprised of a straight forward cast of characters" which i don't like at all.. i didnt know half the damn characters on capcoms side in mvc2 and that was cool and fun

i think marvel needs to push more of its others. you cant ride spider-man/C.American and x-men for 60 years. and capcom needs to stop using "street fighter in crossovers"

there's more to fighting than street fighter

[quote name='timesplitt']

i think marvel needs to push more of its others. you cant ride spider-man/C.American and x-men for 60 years. and capcom needs to stop using "street fighter in crossovers"

there's more to fighting than street fighter[/QUOTE]

Well, rumor has it that they can't use spider-man because activision has the rights, but we'll see. I think there are tons of characters on both sides that could get make appearances to really spruce up things. I'd love to see Wesker, zero, bionic commando or the human torch in a game like this.

It's very likely that all the Avengers who are appearing in movies latey/soon will make it into the game:

Hulk and Iron Man are already in.
Thor, Captain America, and mayyybe Giant Man/Ant Man
Nick Fury/Black Widow/Hawkeye are possibilities, though not super likely.

Non-Avengers, but still getting movies:
Deadpool is almost certainly in.

Marvel's also looking to develop movies for Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, and Daredevil, so any of them could show up though I think a sequel would be more likely.

[quote name='eastx']so any of them could show up though I think a sequel would be more likely.[/QUOTE]

I think a game like this could really benefit more from DLC...that is if it isn't overpriced and not already on disk...and the DLC being characters, not different costumes for characters already out.

But then again, being Capcom...

ok, i want you all to thiink hard and nmemorize what characters you know from the Marvel side and the Capcom side and just poor your thoughts here, you can do anything with your lists, you can make them as short as possible, you can make a list big enough to fill up the screen and beyond i don't care, i just want to see what you all can come up with, put inn all the characters you can think of if you want, put more Street Fighter characters than other Capcom characters, or put more Capcom characters than Marvel characters, whatever here are my lists

Marvel-
Captain America
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Hulk
Deadpool
Ghost Rider
Punisher
Blade
Miss Marvel
Super Skrull
Emma Frost
Storm
Cyclops
Gambit
Iceman
Colossus
Rogue
Beast
Nightcrawler
Shadowcat
She--Hulk
Vision
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Venom
Carnage
Hob Goblin
War Machine
Thor
The Thing
Blackheart
Sabretooth
Magneto
Juggernaut
Silver Samurai
Omega Red
Lady Deathstrike
Cable
Forge
Bishop
Dare Devil
Elektra
Moon Knight
Nick Fury
Hawkeye
Silver Surfer
Prowler
Mystique

Capcom-
Ryu
Morrigan
Chris
Jill
Dante
Felecia
Frank West
Viewtiful Joe
Silvia
Ken
Chun-Li
Akuma
Megaman
Megaman X
Megaman Vulnut
Captain Commando
Guy
Cody
Mike Haggar
Bison
Dhalsime
Spencer
Dan
Blanka
Vega
Zero
Protoman
Bass
Airman
Roll (Legends)
Sagat
Balrog
Strider
Ibuki
C. Viper
Gouken
Dudley
Adon
Charlie
Guile
Batsu
Shadowman
Quickman
Metalman
Crashman
Heatman
Snakeman
Cammy
DeeJay

[quote name='Rooster752']Well, rumor has it that they can't use spider-man because activision has the rights, but we'll see. I think there are tons of characters on both sides that could get make appearances to really spruce up things. I'd love to see Wesker, zero, bionic commando or the human torch in a game like this.[/QUOTE]

Considering that the latest screenshots show a background of the Daily Bugle with a giant float of Spider-man, I would hope there isn't a licensing issue here. Maybe there's something specifically about being unable to use the actual character, but it would seem odd for them to include a stage based around Spider-man, but not Spider-man himself.

Looks good, but I think I'll pass. I'm still looking at my new book ends. SFIV + DLC and SSFIV. I expect to see Hyper SSFIV Champion Edition before 2011's release of this game.

[quote name='lolwut?']wtf, 3D? Jesus Capcom, you better not fuck this up...[/QUOTE]

It plays on a 2-D plane but is made with 3-D models like Street Fighter 4. It's just a game built from the ground up so a lot of characters from the last roster will be missing.

Not sure what you are saying, 100xp. If you're complaining that Capcom does sequels, though, you need to go to the back of the line. More fighting games is a good thing.

[quote name='eastx']Not sure what you are saying, 100xp. If you're complaining that Capcom does sequels, though, you need to go to the back of the line. More fighting games is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

if they say MvsC3 is much like TvC, it seems like a very polished version of TvC except not exclusive to the Wii. I think my taste for capcom fighting games will still be sated come spring of next year w/SSFIV.

[quote name='uglyteradon']It plays on a 2-D plane but is made with 3-D models like Street Fighter 4. It's just a game built from the ground up so a lot of characters from the last roster will be missing.[/QUOTE]

I know what it will play like; I've played both TvC and Street Fighter IV.

But I think it would look a lot better if they had stuck to 2D and re-designed the characters in HD; I personally prefer the 2D look and when I think Capcom fighters, I think 2D. And like you said, a lot of the characters will be missing, and that's also something I don't want.

Add in the fact that it's going to play like TvC (which is fun, but no where near as fun as MvC2 back on the Dreamcast IMO), and more than likely all the characters being unlocked from the start, which seems to be the trend nowadays, and you've got something I won't buy for over $30.

So...you think if the game's characters were 2D there would be more.

I can pretty much guarantee there wouldn't, and I'm glad they stuck with 3D.

bread's done
Back