Medal of Honor: Out NOW!

matto1233

CAGiversary!
medal_of_honor_logo_large.jpg

For the first time in the franchise’s 10-year history, Medal of Honor is leaving the WWII theatre and putting players in war-torn Afghanistan. The all new Medal of Honor will introduce the Tier 1 Operator: a relatively unknown entity directly under the National Command Authority who takes on missions no one else can handle.

The development team has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the U.S. Special Operations Community since the earliest stages of development to create the most authentic modern war experience.

To compliment the single-player experience, EALA has enlisted the multiplayer expertise at EA DICE. This team will develop the multiplayer experience of Medal of Honor. These two studios are coming together to deliver a world-class Medal of Honor that is poised to re-set the franchise for a new generation.
screenshot_226988.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

Single Player Trailer
Multiplayer Trailer
E3 Stage Demo
BETA Hands On

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm already in the PS3 beta. In a nutshell, the multiplayer is a slightly modified Battlefield game. I didn't care for BF, and I didn't care for this either. I'll stick to CoD. I'll try out the 360 version and see if that is any better.

Yeah what the hell. Why isn't the beta for the 360 out yet? It's the biggest market, and the lack of info is annoying. Doesn't help Modern Warfare 2 has been pissing me off lately and I could use the break.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Is this fucking beta out yet for 360? Holy shit I just want to try it and say it sucks already.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I was so pumped for it when it was SUPPOSED to come out, but it's kinda fallen off my radar now, due to lots of other games coming up this fall like Halo: Reach, TFU 2, Black Ops, and I always like to get a sports game every season, and it will likely be NBA 2K11 or NCAA Basketball 11. That's four games. Sorry EA. I'm not actually sorry, but I'll say it anyway.

I've been playing the PC beta for a few days. Don't be sad that its being delayed on 360. Imagine if MW2 and Bad Company 2 had a baby, you'd get Medal of Honor.

I don't really have high hopes for Medal of Honour. I agree with the above post of it being a fusion of Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2, and I believe that the game is supposed to come out within a month of black ops. Poor move by the publishers? We'll see..personally I may just switch over entirely to Halo Reach

[quote name='matto1233']Agreed. I was so pumped for it when it was SUPPOSED to come out, but it's kinda fallen off my radar now, due to lots of other games coming up this fall like Halo: Reach, TFU 2, Black Ops, and I always like to get a sports game every season, and it will likely be NBA 2K11 or NCAA Basketball 11. That's four games. Sorry EA. I'm not actually sorry, but I'll say it anyway.[/QUOTE]

FYI there are no more NCAA Basketball games. EA decided to stop publishing an NCAA hoops game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI there are no more NCAA Basketball games. EA decided to stop publishing an NCAA hoops game.[/QUOTE]
2K's not picking it up? :(

[quote name='Thorgouge']Is this fucking beta out yet for 360? Holy shit I just want to try it and say it sucks already.[/QUOTE]
lol havent seen a shaq-fu in quiet some time

i want a single player demo myself. the series was known for that and im hoping that is better than their last attempts.

I have a redeem key, still waiting on this demo...er, beta. I hated my time with it on PS3, but I don't usually enjoy shooters with the DualShock 3 so I'm hoping I'll like it somewhat more on the 360.

A buddy of mine called EA asking/nagging about the beta not working and he got a $20 off coupon for the EA.com store. He had to give his beta key to confirm. No idea if this will work for everyone who tries it though.

[quote name='matto1233']2K's not picking it up? :([/QUOTE]

2K was pushed out of the college hoops game after 2K8 in 2007. Either the NCAA upped the costs (as they did with EA this year) and they thought it wasn't worth it anymore, or the NCAA went with EA for exclusive license. A 2K spokesman when it happened claimed it was NCAA going exclusive to EA but both sides denied it.

[quote name='matto1233']I snagged a BETA key from Curse, now I'm not so patiently awaiting the release of it...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for providing link. Got me a beta key just incase. :)

Title says it all... I am currently downloading the Medal of Honor beta for Xbox 360. I hope it runs better than the PS3 beta did.

It's pretty cool. I don't know if it's worth $60 for me but I like it better than that awful Bad Company 2 demo considering I really enjoyed the first one.

Anyone try it yet? I was waiting for it, but just got off my 360...

Edit: Nevermind, EA are being asses and not taking my key(s). Was barely interested to begin with, but that solidifies any disinterest I had. :p

Game looks like crap. I can barely tell if I'm shooting an enemy or a friendly if the person is more than 10ft away. And this is on a 57'' dlp. Characters have no weight to them. I hate that in games. There's still a lag before the death screen. Gernades don't kill people after you die. This games a mess.

I tried it and that lag before dying is really annoying. Not having an alternate controller set up to melee with B means I won't be getting it. Gotta have my melee on B and my crouch when I click the thumbstick.

[quote name='slickkill77']Game looks like crap. I can barely tell if I'm shooting an enemy or a friendly if the person is more than 10ft away. And this is on a 57'' dlp. Characters have no weight to them. I hate that in games. There's still a lag before the death screen. Gernades don't kill people after you die. This games a mess.[/QUOTE]

Go post this somewhere useful. I mean, that's the whole point of a beta, right? Give the developer some feedback.

Anyways, I have yet to try it. Waiting like a whole month just so we could get it was pretty lame. :/

[quote name='reddjoey']I'm not impressed so far.... glad I got to try it first. Maybe in a couple days I will change my mind[/QUOTE]

I agree! It's nothing new and the lag is pissing me off. Glad I got to try it for free, but I'm gonna need more time with it if there is any hope for me to buy this.

The control is definitely better for me on the 360 controller than how I felt about it with the PS3 controller, but still not all that impressed.

[quote name='slickkill77']Game looks like crap. I can barely tell if I'm shooting an enemy or a friendly if the person is more than 10ft away. And this is on a 57'' dlp. Characters have no weight to them. I hate that in games. There's still a lag before the death screen. Gernades don't kill people after you die. This games a mess.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I personally think the controls are super weighty. Just like BC2, it's like you're waddling underwater. A lot of the animations are ripped straight outta BC2. That's kinda lazy, IMO. The lag before the death absolutely needs to be fixed, but I can't imagine that it won't be for retail. They also need to add additional control schemes.

Overall I like this game a hell of a lot more than BC2. Hopefully vehicles don't ruin it. Things definitely need to be fixed, but it's a beta.

I'll be "that guy" and ask... are beta keys still available? I ignored all the beta talk when it was PS3/PC only. Thanks.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have an extra for someone:

Follow these instructions to activate your key and download the Medal of Honor beta:

1. Go to www.medalofhonor.com/beta.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  3. Enter your unique redemption key when prompted.
  4. You will receive a live code on your selected platform.

CODE HAS BEEN USED! YOU SNOOZED SO YOU LOSED!!! :D
[/FONT]

After playing multiplayer for a good like two hours, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Being one who always plays CODMW2 and somewhat dabbed into BF:BC, the multiplayer reminds me a lot like Bad Company (no wonder, made by same company) without the destroying debris effect. Graphics aren't half bad and explosions with M203 leave a blackened dent mark along with some debris animation. As for kill streaks, I believe once you hit three or something you are able to either call in a Mortar Strike or a UAV, whichever one you prefer. Then the other extended kill streak is Rocket Strike or something along the likes. Either way, I liked the two options presented -- either help out your team by granting UAV, or being much more selfish for kills and calling shell support.

Kills themselves are easy to gain. I believe it takes about 10-15 bullets per kill out of your 30 bullet magazine. Reload time takes about 3 seconds which is okay. I like the ranking system a lot. Default snipers are required to use snipers with red dot sight until one is able to unlock better scopes.

As for weapons, different weapons are given depending on what team you are on. Terrorists, or Tier 1 or whatever. Enemies are easy to spot and I love how when you see enemies their names aren't red. In COD, especially when in corners enemies could always see my name in red (which is bullshit unless I had cold-blooded pro). There is at least some skill in this multiplayer to spot enemies, and it's not that hard to see friendlies and enemies after you've played for awhile. And melee slices your knife diagonally? Oh well, it was fun after ambushing enemy lines to knife three snipers consecutively on the roof.

Overall, multiplayer was quite nice. I wish there were more maps to play on instead of City Ruins for deathmatch (map was a good size). I can tell the gameplay could get quite old after awhile, but it definitely plays and feels a lot like bad company considering DICE made the multiplayer. The only real gripes I have is one can run forever and when running, you have to use the right stick (looking around) to move, your left run stick is practically useless when running. The second thing is sensitivity; which is customizable in options. The default sensitivity doesn't do the game justice, you'll feel like you're somewhat sluggish and if you raise the sensitivity game feels fine at least to my COD standards. :)

Oh and the spawn points are a disaster too. Is there a way to change where you spawn or is it auto? At least 5 times a game I spawn right in front of enemies.

Played just under an hour of team assault, really liking it so far. As Trak mentioned, controls feel like BFBC, which I don't mind so much. I think the only thing really that needs to be changed is the turn acceleration when not aiming down the sights. The combat pacing has the COD feel to it, while the scale of the map has a BFBC feel to it, making it seem like an actual battlefield rather than a random enclosed arena. IMO, the biggest issue is that almost every gun besides the sniper rifles so far seem to have no recoil and feel exactly the same. I kind of wish the weapons of each respective team sounded a bit m

After playing again I will retract my statement about the characters weight a little. I was probably pissed about the Rays loss last night. Team deathmatch is fun but the color pallet makes it difficult to see people. I did not enjoy team mission at all. I had no clue where I was getting shot from 90% of the time. It just felt like a big cluster f*ck.

I wish DICE would just make Battlefield 3. No more Bad Company, no more Medal of Honor. Just make a sequel to Battlefield 2

[quote name='slickkill77']Oh and the spawn points are a disaster too. Is there a way to change where you spawn or is it auto? At least 5 times a game I spawn right in front of enemies.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if there isn't enough info to be helpful, but where you respawn depends on where you choose. You can choose deploy at base or deploy at frontlines. Look at the bottom of the screen when you die to see which button corresponds with where.

I have the 360 and PS3. I played the beta on the PS3 a few weeks back. The game isn't bad, but if you have Battlefield or MW2, there's really no reason to pay $60 for this game. And I keep hearing how this game is a mix of BF and MW2. That's a great sales pitch, but I'm not convinced that MOH takes the best of both BF and MW2. It plays like a mediocre version of MW2, in my opinion.

[quote name='$hady'][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have an extra for someone:

Follow these instructions to activate your key and download the Medal of Honor beta:

89CZ-B6GW-GRZV-F7LC
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

FYI, somebody redeemed the code and didn't post so.

Guys just preorder the game at Gamestop, get the code from the person at the store, redeem the code on EA's site, put in your XBox code on your XBox, cancel your Gamestop preorder.

Or do the same process except on Amazon.

Edit: Just checked Amazon and they no longer list the beta code on there and Gamestop's site says now limited to online preorders so YMMV if a store still has a code card available.

i got an extra one .. somebody can have it

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Follow these instructions to activate your key and download the Medal of Honor beta:

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]884V-6URW-4DE2-UZJN [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[quote name='kingtut313']i got an extra one .. somebody can have it

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Follow these instructions to activate your key and download the Medal of Honor beta:

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]884V-6URW-4DE2-UZJN [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thanks! Perfect timing.

After playing for about 4 hours today, all I can say is that if I wanted to play Call of Duty, I would have played Call of Duty, but I hate it. This game is so incredibly similar, it's not even funny. Way to stick to you guns DICE. I think it has potential to be better than Call of Duty (which isn't much in my book, and still doesn't warrant a purchase), however, needs major fixes. Here's my rundown.

The GOOD:

Killstreaks (or pointstreaks or whatever) are not too overpowering, and are distributed at the correct times. I've called about 12 airstrikes, and only gotten about 5 kills. That's how it should be. It shouldn't be an automatic 3 kills. *cough* Call of Duty *cough*

No ridiculous noob-tubing or grenading. Yes, that's you again Call of Duty.
Well, that's all the good. SUCH a GREAT BETA.

The Bad: (long attention spans only)

OVERPOWERING ASSAULT RIFLES! Just about every multiplayer games problem. Not really much to say here.

Spawning. It doesn't happen an incredible amount, but I have frequently spawned and got shot before I barely get a chance to move.

Inconsistency. I shoot someone 12 times in the chest, they shoot me twice, I die. The next time, they shoot me twelve times, I shoot them twice, they die. Enough said.

Lag. I die, there's an pause in action. You've all seen it.

More coming soon, I promise. They better fix some of this and put it into a demo to show off the final product, and if there IS no demo, no buy for me.

I don't get why there's still freezing and lag when getting shot. I thought I saw them talking about fixes for the beta? Or was that only for the PS3/PC versions? This feels just as buggy as when I played it day 1 on PS3.

The beta didn't start clicking for me until I unlocked the light machine gun with the first class. Besides the bugs and glitches, the thing I'm hoping is fixed before the launch is how they relay your stats and progress to the next level to you between matches, as there's pretty much nothing but a quick rundown of scores that are shown right now. I have to quit back to the main menu to see how close I am to the next level. I'm glad that they fixed the issue with the reversed map images on the mode select screen, so the last month of delays wasn't a complete waste.

It's definitely interesting to play with these more confined maps that go against the norm of what I expect from a DICE game. I like the mission mode that feels like a quicker version of rush mode from BC2, though it tends to devolve into more of a clusterfuck in each location due to the smaller map. I could see myself renting the game to check out the final build, though I hope that they will have a multiplayer demo to release just before the launch like they did for BC2.

I only had a chance to play one match so far, but I gotta say that I'm liking what I saw. Yeah it's got its got some bugs to work out, but that's what the beta is for, so as long as they polish it up by release, it seems like it will be a great game.

It'll be interesting to see who will win in terms of multilayer popularity, between this and Black Ops.

OVERPOWERING ASSAULT RIFLES! Just about every multiplayer games problem. Not really much to say here.

It's even worse here -- literally one shot and you're dead. Completely unforgiving and not a lot of fun. I'll be sticking to Black Ops unless they clean it up. If that's the way it's gonna play, no thanks.

I tried the beta today.

1st game. Went 4/4 in first 2 minutes then my 360 froze.

- got up, walked over to 360 and restarted.

2nd game - spawned 5 feet in front of a hoard of enemies 3 times in a row. Was 2/8 when 5 minutes in my 360 crashed again.

- Went to Amazon and cancelled my preorder.

I understand its a beta, but this game needs ALOT of work.

I didnt delete it off my hdd yet, but Im not getting up every 5 minutes to reset my 360 so no more 'playing' tonight.

I want a shooter, but I do not want to play another Call of Duty unreal fest. Bad Company 2 got old fast which is unfortunate because Battlefield 2 MC was the best online console shooter ever imo. So I guess I'm stick to this game.

bread's done
Back