The "Oil of Olay! All Day and Every Day!" Disco Inferno Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
He's so cocky! He's so cool! He's just a disco dancing fool! He is the Disco Inferno! It's time to pay tribute to the only man capable of out-dancing John Travolta. But don't let his dancing fool you, though, the Disco Inferno is a force to be reckoned with in the ring. The master of the "Chartbuster", this nWo Wolfpac member and WCW Television champion is no one-hit wonder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaY2QYVcYkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4EPbNWxtXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjNBnnoxVUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDRGUjS7iQ

.....Okay, so maybe he is a bell-bottomed bitch. So what? THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

Also, Glen Gilbertti in TNA never happened.

Anybody else remember Disco Inferno's angle where he went on a losing streak because his opponents would schoolboy him as he would flail around trying to apply a standing figure four? Then he finally won a match with it and proceeded to never use the move again. Top to bottom continuity is why WCW is #1 to this very day.

I think Disco is jail for having underground poker ring in Buckhead part of Atlanta, and having tons of cocaine there.

I was seriously considering paying for Wrestlemania. After the EC yesterday I just don't care. I know the WWE has no other option than to make Cena vs Miz but now all my interest has waned. Screw Cena being the champ again.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I think Disco is jail for having underground poker ring in Buckhead part of Atlanta, and having tons of cocaine there.[/QUOTE]So *THAT'S* why the nWo kept Disco around.:lol::lol::lol:

There was already a The Cat thread? There goes my "Accompanied By Zombie James Brown, It's Ernest "The Cat" Miller Wrestling Thread" idea.

[quote name='Chronis']:cold: Nobody remembers my Disco Infern thread from a while back?[/QUOTE]

I think I do, vaguely, but Disco is enough win for more than one thread.

[quote name='LoveLost']I was seriously considering paying for Wrestlemania. After the EC yesterday I just don't care. I know the WWE has no other option than to make Cena vs Miz but now all my interest has waned. Screw Cena being the champ again.[/QUOTE]

That really is the inevitable outcome at this point I'm thinking. Miz doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of retaining against Cena at Wrestlemania. He'll end up with a little over 4 month title reign and the sad thing is that these days that's considered a long title reign. The question now is how long will we have to suffer through a Cena title run before he drops it?

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']On TV? Yes, there was.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks.

I haven't been able to find the episode from last week and was wondering.

[quote name='JJSP']I demand a Prince Iaukea thread.[/QUOTE]

I think a Rocky Maivia thread would be better. Pics like this
1212354417_2.jpg

of a guy that now acts all tough and looks like this:
dwayne_johnson.jpg

Have a much better potential for lulz.

As completely tired of Cena as I am, I can't complain too much about him walking out of WM as champion. Miz got a 4 month reign, which is way longer than I would've expected in the first place. Also, Miz keeps squeaking out victories, so the 'top guy' taking him out isn't a terrible thing... the problem will be how the match and storyline is booked. If they do this properly, it can work, but I am worried about possibly adding The Rock to it. Just like in the other thread where I talked about Edge/Del Rio possibly including Ziggler and Christian in some way, I'm worried that Rock/Cena interaction has the potential to squeeze Miz out of the spotlight that he deserves.

Really, though... I'm just too realistic about where WWE is right now. If the Smackdown title match is some combination of Edge/Del Rio/Christian/Ziggler, there needs to be starpower in the other one. Whether I like it or not, that's Cena. While Rock's promo was hugely over on Monday, it was definitely apparent that Cena still has the 'kiddie contigent', as it were, in his pocket. The match does, at least, mean that The Miz should be walking into the actual main event of WM27 as champion, which is good enough for me... no matter who leaves with the belt. Seriously, it's got to be the last match on the card, unless some of those rumored Taker opponents pan out.

Plus, let's be fair... it could be Cena/Orton. I mean, really, this could be way worse, and way more boring.

TNA spoiler for the taping this week

Karen and Jeff are going to renew their vows. My presence was requested at such an event with a cheesy invitation.

It's just gonna be more of the same, with someone less popular. Atleast Miz is making it to WM though. Edge didn't make it past Rumble with the belt on his first time.

I hope there is gonna me a Money in the Bank match at WM. I know they have a PPV for it, but still, I want to see one. Morrison, Kofi, Bourne, and Sheamus would have to be in it. Sheamus should be the big man that every MITB match has. Not sure of who should be in the other 2 spots. Perhaps Justin Gabriel and Mike McGillicutty, for Corre/Nexus presence?

[quote name='007']Really, though... I'm just too realistic about where WWE is right now. If the Smackdown title match is some combination of Edge/Del Rio/Christian/Ziggler, there needs to be starpower in the other one. Whether I like it or not, that's Cena.[/QUOTE]

I hate that you're right, but you couldn't be more right.

Who else in the EC should main event WM? McIntyre? Kane? Morrison? I know some of you think Morrison could, but WWE has stopped and started on his pushes with such frequency dude should just put tire prints on his tights (which would also be a nice ode to Repo Man).

WWE was put in a tight spot a year ago and failed to capitalize on it, leading to them rushing over the past 4-6 weeks or so to build credibility in some people. Let's face it: they're taking a big chance w/ Miz in a WM main event. Think about that match: Miz/Cena. Does that seem like a main event for the single biggest (by a country mile) wrestling event of the year, or does it seem like a 10:45PM Monday Night Raw super-Cena squash fest? You're out of your mind if you think it's the former.

WWE's top card is full of "been there, done that for 5 fucking years straight," and their mid-card is full of "you can't expect me to pay $50 for that." They fucked themselves, and they're making the best of the horrible spot they put themselves in.

Chicken shit into chicken salad, I believe is the phrase. Continue to see that tonight on Raw, wherein they neglect to point out that no more than eleven people paid to see "The Chaperone" last weekend (half of them thinking it was a skin flick with a babysitter theme, a third too drunk to know better, and the other two who thought that 'Knucklehead' was the high point of comedy in 2010). They'll promote the living fuck out of its imminent DVD and Blu-Ray release, and sell it like everybody and their mother is going to line up at Coney's DVD Hut waiting for a midnight release party. In 9 months, they'll have enough of a sense of humor to take a dump on it and other WWE films, like Santino did during his 3-week angle involving him shitting all over that Stone Cold flick.

Rambling aside, I'm looking forward to seeing the return of the Undertaker tonight.

pleasepleaseplease let him use Cash for his entrance music.

Rumor has it
Sting is sitting at home muching on a bag of 'Cool Ranch' Doritos.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Count me as one of the fools who believed Cena would lose the EC. Mark my words, John Morrison WILL be champion in 2011.[/QUOTE]
I am wishing the same Mr. Beef. I was really hoping Cena would lose.

I too was hoping Cena would lose, and the win would go to Punk, but, I am a huuuuge fan of Punker. The realist in me knew Cena would win, but the young kid, who didn't know wrestling was scripted was pulling for Punk to pull out the win. Guess this means he gets Orton at Mania...

Either Morrison hurt himself in the EC, or he is very good at selling injuries. But then again, we've been so accustomed to Dark Phoenix Cena and Super Rey literally springing up from injuries in matches, it could just be a nice surprise.

"I'VE CRUSHED ENTIRE CAREERS, WHAT CHANCE DO YOU HAVE?"

[quote name='neocisco']Does anyone know if there was an ROH show last week?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. There was a very good Homicide vs Mark Briscoe match. And several talking segments. Watching this week's show now which has Christopher Daniels defending the TV title against... Devon "Crowbar" Storm.

fakejr2.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']So, uh, where exactly did the PG rating go all of a sudden?[/QUOTE]

I dunno between last week and this week you gotta wonder if they're moving back away from it.

It's been a long time. I wish they would let him do that more often.

Between these two promos and Vince/Kevin Dunn having them zoom in on Punk's busted nose I'm hopeful...but not expecting it to continue.

Did anyone notice what the rating of this episode was? I mean, I was ex[ecting them to censor out Rock's promo... but they didn't. Then we got rappin Cena back. Of course he was trying to dance around his words a bit, but he was still the edgiest his been since he said ass, which made him promptly apologize on twitter.

[quote name='lombarvm']
Sting always struck me as more of a Funyun man.
[/QUOTE]

I happen to have it on good authority that he enjoys an occasional helping of honey BBQ Frito Twists.

Or that could just be me.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yeah. There was a very good Homicide vs Mark Briscoe match. And several talking segments. Watching this week's show now which has Christopher Daniels defending the TV title against... Devon "Crowbar" Storm.

fakejr2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Now I need to find it somewhere.

"One of the most unusual tag team match-ups in Raw's history"

Really? Really?

Pretty sure 2 guys in a feud have been forced into a tag team in the past AND on Raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back