The "Oil of Olay! All Day and Every Day!" Disco Inferno Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']Hacksaw?

Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick.[/QUOTE]

Isn't Koko B. Ware in there though? The bar is pretty low.

Please don't tell me they're actually going forward with the Cole vs. Lawler plan for Wrestlemania.

I mean, rumors are rumors, but I really didn't think this would happen..

okay, they wrote his deceased mother into the storyline. I'm done.

[quote name='mykevermin']Hacksaw?

Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick.[/QUOTE]

Dude was huge over. Granted, it was in a pretty corny way but as a kid I liked him well enough. His absolute mauling (did this happen more than once?) at the hands of Yokozuna prior to Lugar turning face was well done.

I'm not expecting any surprises, but this main event is starting real early. Wonder if they're actually giving us a real match, or whether USA balked at the 20 minute overrun last week so they want to bring it in on time tonight.

I like how everyone is joking that it's not Sting but a few weeks ago most fans were almost shitting their pants and positive that 2/21/11 was for him.

I don't know why people get excited for Taker when he's gone away and come back about 100 times. I think the HHH/Taker match will be good, but I wonder if they're going to do the career/streak idea.

Cena/Miz are tag champs? What the fuck?

There's still like fifteen minutes left.

Wait, what!?

THE SAME MATCH TWICE!?

This is the worst episode of Raw ever. EVER.

At this point, I'd take a 60 minute Iron Man match between a face Kurrgan and a newly-turned-heel Savio Vega.

[quote name='Scorch']Cena/Miz are tag champs? What the fuck?

Wait, what!?

THE SAME MATCH TWICE!?

This is the worst episode of Raw ever. EVER.[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad.

Son of a bitch. Cena and Miz will get into it this time around. fuck. Oh well. Was hoping for a longer double-champ reign.

Wait, what!?

THE SAME MATCH TWICE!?

At this point, I'd take a 60 minute Iron Man match between a face Kurrgan and a newly-turned-heel Savio Vega.[/QUOTE]

Oh come ooooooooooon

Just looked up. Has Cena been in the match at all?

Also, since when did Justin Gabriel change his tights and boots to a design that looks like it was done by Keith Haring?

Wait, what!?

THE SAME MATCH TWICE!?

At this point, I'd take a 60 minute Iron Man match between a face Kurrgan and a newly-turned-heel Savio Vega.[/QUOTE]

feel free to stop watching and commenting

[quote name='diddy310']Those most intriguing thing about this match is that sign with a giant drawing of a hot dog on it.[/QUOTE]

i thought that was a drawing of Beaker (the muppet) as Sheamus.

I'd be more of an apologist about this episode if we weren't on the run up to WrestleMania. These shows are, and should be, held to a higher standard. If this was June, this would've been fine. Now? Not so much.

Also, I'm almost sort of disgusted by how much they're devaluing the belts recently. Between Ziggler and this tag title stuff, they're beating us over the head with it. I know they don't mean anything and haven't for a while, but just like this episode, this is the time of year where these things should matter. That they don't is really disheartening, and a sheer sign that they're running into this Mania completely blind.

[quote name='mykevermin']i thought that was a drawing of Beaker (the muppet) as Sheamus.[/QUOTE]

Same guy had it...switched back to the Sheamus one mid-match.

[quote name='Halo05']Dude was huge over. Granted, it was in a pretty corny way but as a kid I liked him well enough. His absolute mauling (did this happen more than once?) at the hands of Yokozuna prior to Lugar turning face was well done.[/QUOTE]

I still marked out for him when he was teaming with Eugene. I loves me some Hacksaw.

I don't mind Hacksaw...everyone knows it's HBK and some other guys anyway. They'll probably only air Michaels and one other induction.

[quote name='diddy310']I liked it up until the throat slice/crotch chop. Taker's smirk was right out of his short haired heel era.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the mimed taunts is where the angle sort of dropped for me.

What else could they have done? Does UT even talk? (Honest Q, haven't seen Smackdown in 2+ years)

Wait, NM. Watching the segment now. This is stupid.

But again, does UT even talk? I'm wondering how this segment could have gone better. And by better, I mean not having HHH step all over it.

I'm just posting and not reading the thread yet because I've yet to see raw and I don't know what happened at the Elimination Chamber ppv. I dvr and watch raw on tuesday, so I check my email and what do I see?

fuck You WWE, Thanks for the spoilers. Couldn't you wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to sell me the damn shirt that will be featured on every damn raw for the next 4-10 weeks?

Yeah, I know he was supposed to be back before WM anyway. It's the principle. I'd be more pissed if they did this crap when the Rock came back, that was kind of a surprise. Still.....fuck You WWE.

/end rant

:bomb:

Raw ended a few minutes early tonight because the Triple H-Undertaker segment ran so late. The call to do two tag team matches was a last-second call to fill time when they realized the main event was starting only 45 minutes into the final hour.

"We had to do something to fill time, and this was the best we could do," said a WWE creative team member. "We think we made the best of a bad situation. And now Cena and Miz have another title reign they can brag about, sort of like Dolph Ziggler is a former World champion.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the main event started at 10:45. Due to this "early" start, they chose to add an additional tag title match to fill the time.

Hey, here's an idea. Howzabout you have the wrestlers...WRESTLE! Ya know, that thing they've trained for years to learn how to do? Just have them stretch it out for a few minutes. Reason #277 that I'm glad I don't watch Raw anymore.

Watching RAW on the DVR now, and though I'm sure it's an old change (evident in the clips of Rock from last week), I really like the white posts/white ropes combo they've got going on.

[quote name='Halo05']So wait, there's a prowrestling news version of "The Onion"?

The internet has too much stuff on it.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more

I read that there might be a feud between Bryan Danielson and Sheamus for the US title leading into Wrestlemania. Sounds pretty good to me. What about you all?

[quote name='Iron Clad Burrito']What else could they have done? Does UT even talk? (Honest Q, haven't seen Smackdown in 2+ years)

Wait, NM. Watching the segment now. This is stupid.

But again, does UT even talk? I'm wondering how this segment could have gone better. And by better, I mean not having HHH step all over it.[/QUOTE]

It could have been better in having it adhere to a more "normal" segment. I get that they wanted to be different by having an entire segment where 2 wrestlers don't talk but their actions say it all... :)roll:) But really, it just plain didn't work.

What I thought would have been interesting is that they look up at the sign together then "you think I'm sexy" music hits, Shawn Michaels comes out (because this match has him as special guest referee painted all over it anyway, don't bother hiding it) and then pokes fun at both of them for not saying anything. Something, anything along the lines of poking fun at it near the end would have saved it but as it stands it just ended up too cheesy. You can start out by not saying anything but having an entire segment between 2 guys who are typically known to be quite verbose just felt weird.

[quote name='Scorch']Did some of you actually like that
see: HHH/Taker segment
? It was horrible.

No build up, horribly forced, etc.[/QUOTE]

Considering the mass of posters here thought Cena eating Fruity Pebbles was "hilarious" .... #-o

I mean, at least Ray Bradstone coming back gives us all hope, right? .... Right?!

[quote name='Scorch']Please don't tell me they're actually going forward with the Cole vs. Lawler plan for Wrestlemania.

I mean, rumors are rumors, but I really didn't think this would happen..

okay, they wrote his deceased mother into the storyline. I'm done.[/QUOTE]

Instantly makes me think of this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyJ3T5dwOOo

"My daddy! My daddy! Waahhh! My daddy!"

Granted it was well after Show's real dad had passed away and the fact that he was okay with it... still. Just... :rofl:

I still laugh at the 'Big Show's Daddy died' storyline. It's just so ridiculous that I love it.

There was a shockingly large amount of time devoted to it on Show's DVD, too, which spurred the memory on.

The Show documentary was... well, it was enlightening. This is a guy that's been wrestling for, generally speaking, a fairly long time, but I'll be damned if I can name a lot of 'moments' or matches that excite me. Most of them are either stupid (coffin riding, falling off an arena), or involve a screw-up (when Nash dumped the Giant right on his neck). For a guy with the kind of name recognition he has, Show's career hasn't been real spectacular, and I'm almost confident enough to assert that he's never really risen above 'big utility guy'. I like him and all, but again... I'll be damned if I can really name you any matches as to why. After coffin riding, we start hitting Showster territory, which really says it all.

who says HHH and taker has no build up... that is a match that doesn't need build up, unlike miz/cena and edge/del rio. as of right now i don't think anyone cares about the two title matches. i was hoping orton won the elimination chamber so we could maybe... maybe see rock/cena... but i guess we'll have to hope for a "special ref" again...

[quote name='007']I still laugh at the 'Big Show's Daddy died' storyline. It's just so ridiculous that I love it.

There was a shockingly large amount of time devoted to it on Show's DVD, too, which spurred the memory on.

The Show documentary was... well, it was enlightening. This is a guy that's been wrestling for, generally speaking, a fairly long time, but I'll be damned if I can name a lot of 'moments' or matches that excite me. Most of them are either stupid (coffin riding, falling off an arena), or involve a screw-up (when Nash dumped the Giant right on his neck). For a guy with the kind of name recognition he has, Show's career hasn't been real spectacular, and I'm almost confident enough to assert that he's never really risen above 'big utility guy'. I like him and all, but again... I'll be damned if I can really name you any matches as to why. After coffin riding, we start hitting Showster territory, which really says it all.[/QUOTE]

There's always this awesome little spot from years past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbCY1dgNIZs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back