The "Oil of Olay! All Day and Every Day!" Disco Inferno Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the roster a great deal. I can't see myself dropping $60 on it but if they ever do a "GOTY" version with all the dlc included for like $40, I'll bite as long as the reviews aren't terrible.

PS Freebird Hayes is going to be my weapon of choice for playing online. :)

Ok thats a lie. More likely than not I will want to play as Macho Man at all times.

[quote name='benjamouth']Why do all the wrestlers look like Tanks from L4D ?

That clip they had on Raw with Cena looked terrible.[/QUOTE]

It's more of an arcade fighting game along the lines of Wrestlefest. Just something fun they put together, like Legends of Wrestlemania.

I saw a Wrestlemania 27 magazine on the newsstands today. It featured the usual suspects on the cover that have all been confirmed to have some sort of involvement in WM27 - Trips, Undertaker, HBK (mid-90s HBK pictured), Rock, Orton, Miz, etc .. but it also had a picture of
The Iron Sheik
.. so .. maybe he'll have some sort of involvement at the HoF ceremony or something? Who knows.

And it wasn't like a "history of Wrestlemania" magazine.. or at least, it didn't seem to be. I don't know, it was wrapped up, but it did have the WM27 logo on it. I guess it could've been a history of WM magazine.. but it's odd that they pictured current people.. aaaaand then
the iron sheik

STAMFORD, Conn.-( Business Wire )-

WWE® (NYSE: WWE) today unveiled their latest Superstar signing, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico. The announcement took place today during a press conference in his hometown Mexico City, where passionate fans of all ages turned out to see their favorite performer become the newest addition to the WWE roster.

Having already forged a strong international fan following, Sin Cara, known for his high flying style and awe inspiring acrobatics, is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Sin Cara is a tremendous performer who brings the crowd to its feet every time he steps into the ring,” said Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, WWE. “With us, his stardom will only get bigger and brighter.”

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world.”

Additional information on WWE Inc (NYSE: WWE) can be found at www.wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.
For those who want to see his look:
2akephk.jpg

As for TNA...well...
Former "Jersey Shore" castmate Angelina Pivarnick is officially returning to TV next month....but there's also good news - she'll be in a wrestling ring! So.....she could catch a beating and stuff.

Sources close to Angelina tells us after a month of negotiations she finally signed a contract with TNA Wrestling earlier this week.

We're told the "Staten Island Dump" will make her debut in a tag team match involving TNA's Snooki-a-like ... "Cookie."

The Dump hits the mat on next week's episode of iMPACT on Spike TV. We're told Angelina only has a short term contract -- for now -- but long-term ... she'd like to settle her beef with Jwoww with a Pay-Per-View match.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/24/jerse...obbie-e-mtv-spike-tv-pay-per-view-match-ring/

I'm not particularly impressed with the roster. Too many people you'd expect to see in any current WWE game lumped into the "Legends" category.

It's anemic. WWE doesn't really wade too far out into the waters of classic talent for video games.

Also, :lol: at Ted DiBiase being pre-order content. Million Dollar Man, yeah. But his son is vanilla ice cream served on white bread.

EDIT: New to WWE video games: Big Bossman (hasn't been in since WWF No Mercy, I think)
Ultimate Warrior
Macho Man
Michael Hayes
Legion of Doom
...and that's it. Everyone else has been in one or more iterations. Big, giant, mehhhhhh to this roster.

Also, Sin Cara? Without a face? Double bleh on bread.

[quote name='davo1224']Legion of Doom were in one of the first SvR games if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

They were in the first SvR, yes.

Myke, Ultimate Warrior, Big Bossman, Michael Hayes and LoD were all in Legends of Wrestlemania.

A lot of luchador's name sound really bland when translated into English. Mystery King and Young Warrior don't sound nearly as good as Rey Mysterio and Juventud Guerrera. So yeah, im not to crazy about the name myself but it could be worse. Loving the Averno and Mistico mask combo though.

[quote name='motorkill']A lot of luchador's name sound really bland when translated into English. Mystery King and Young Warrior don't sound nearly as good as Rey Mysterio and Juventud Guerrera. So yeah, im not to crazy about the name myself but it could be worse. Loving the Averno and Mistico mask combo though.[/QUOTE]

What about Fuerza Guerrera/Power Warrior? That's like...kinda cool....kinda.

[quote name='HydroX']Oh fucking hell. Brett Ratner is going to shit on another comic book franchise. :wall:[/QUOTE]
If you shit on shit, it really isn't that big of a tragedy.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']What about Fuerza Guerrera/Power Warrior? That's like...kinda cool....kinda.[/QUOTE]
Wonder if that's where Kensuke Sasaki got his Hellraisers name.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']What about Fuerza Guerrera/Power Warrior? That's like...kinda cool....kinda.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if that's where Kensuke Sasaki got his Hellraisers name.

Thanks for the reminders about the LoW and SvR rosters. Shit, I may go pick up LoW again instead of All-Stars. $50 cheaper by now.

Good call on the Rey Mysterio name. Kinda funny that Del Rio gets repackaged and Mistico picks up half of the luchador name he left on the cutting room floor.

By the way, am I the only one who sees (1) WWE going to Mexico to hype the signing of a star Mexican wrestler, (2) just *prior* to Wrestlemania, and (3) allowing him to retain his mask and emphasize his Lucha background as writing on the wall that WWE is going to shitcan Mysterio any minute now? I think they'll keep him until WrestleMania, but come on. This is WWE, where new talent can't even have the same first name as another WWE Superstar™ without getting repackaged by Creative. There's no room for two masked luchadors on their roster.

[quote name='mykevermin']Thanks for the reminders about the LoW and SvR rosters. Shit, I may go pick up LoW again instead of All-Stars. $50 cheaper by now.

Good call on the Rey Mysterio name. Kinda funny that Del Rio gets repackaged and Mistico picks up half of the luchador name he left on the cutting room floor.

By the way, am I the only one who sees (1) WWE going to Mexico to hype the signing of a star Mexican wrestler, (2) just *prior* to Wrestlemania, and (3) allowing him to retain his mask and emphasize his Lucha background as writing on the wall that WWE is going to shitcan Mysterio any minute now? I think they'll keep him until WrestleMania, but come on. This is WWE, where new talent can't even have the same first name as another WWE Superstar™ without getting repackaged by Creative. There's no room for two masked luchadors on their roster.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think they'll toss Mysterio. He's still a big draw to the Latin audience, and to the kids. He's got constant knee problems, and he's no youngster anymore so if anything, I see him walking away on his own volition. I could even see him 'passing the torch' to Mistico in some kind of way. Perhaps a retirement type of match, or a Mask vs. Mask match. Everyone knows what Mysterio looks like, so him taking a loss, and taking off the mask is no big deal anymore. He gets unmasked, and retires while Mistico becomes the new masked man on SD. Hell, Mysterio himself said he wanted to retire in 2012 or 13, so a long program with Mysterio, some time in July or August, going all the way up to Wrestlemania could be where the final match takes place.

Hehe, yeah I was actually gonna use Fuerza as an example but wasn't sure if any body here would know who I was talking about;).

mykevermin, I think Del Rio dropping the mask was the best thing to happen to his career. As Dos Cara jr he was a hell of a wrestler, but lacked any type of personalty what so ever. He wouldn't have made it this far with the mask.

Mystico is one of the most exciting wrestler's to come out of Mexico in awhile, and is too fun to watch just to fade away into nowhere'sville, but in order for him to make it in the WWE he has to learn English and build some sort of personality. I think the WWE should have Mysterio debut him as his protege and have him rival with Del Rio after Mysterio and Del Rio end there feud in a career vs career match.

For those who care, here are the spoilers for the 3/3 edition of Impact.

Dixie Carter came out and was interrupted by Immortal. Eric Bischoff got some mic time. He handed the mic over to Ric Flair, who brought out Hulk Hogan. Hogan said he won the court case and now has 100 percent control of the company. Fortune ran out, but security stepped in. It was pretty weak.

1. Beer Money defeated Gunner and Murphy to retain the TNA Tag Titles. Gunner and Murphy were in control of the match until Robert Roode tagged in James Storm. It was all Beer Money after that and they won clean. Ink Inc. came out afterward and challenged them to a match for the Victory Road pay-per-view. Beer Money was really over.

2. Velvet Sky defeated Sarita. Velvet won clean with a DDT. Robbie E, Cookie, and Angelina came out. Robbie E fell unintentionally while coming to the ring. Angelina said she wanted a piece of JWoww, and she took a shot at Velvet. It appears it will be Beautiful People and Winter vs. Sarita, Angelina, and Cookie in a six-Knockout tag on the second taping.

The Jeff and Karen Jarrett wedding ceremony started. Eric Young and Orlando Jordan are involved the wedding. Kurt Angle attacked Jeff Jarrett immediately. Karen Angle was supposed to go into the cake, but it appeared she messed up her spot. It was a very short segment. They are teasing that the wedding will still take place later in the show. Young was the ring bearer and wore a tuxedo t-shirt, and Orlando was the flower girl.

3. Scott Steiner beat Rob Terry. Steiner won the match with the Steiner Recliner.

4. Matt Morgan defeated Hernandez by disqualification.

The main event of the first taping is Jeff Hardy vs. a mystery opponent for the TNA Title.

They aired a 3-3-11 video. Yes, really.

5. Sting defeated Jeff Hardy to win the TNA Title. Sting wore a new outfit with red sequins and had an old school look. Sting hit the Scorpion Death Drop and scored the clean pin.

[quote name='Demolition Man']3/3/11... wow TNA so fucking original with that video at the end of Impact.[/QUOTE]
The sad thing is that they probably believed it was.

[quote name='mykevermin']Thanks for the reminders about the LoW and SvR rosters. Shit, I may go pick up LoW again instead of All-Stars. $50 cheaper by now.

By the way, am I the only one who sees (1) WWE going to Mexico to hype the signing of a star Mexican wrestler, (2) just *prior* to Wrestlemania, and (3) allowing him to retain his mask and emphasize his Lucha background as writing on the wall that WWE is going to shitcan Mysterio any minute now? I think they'll keep him until WrestleMania, but come on. This is WWE, where new talent can't even have the same first name as another WWE Superstar™ without getting repackaged by Creative. There's no room for two masked luchadors on their roster.[/QUOTE]

I don't see Rey going anywhere anytime soon. With him being second only to Cena in merch sales and the rapport he has with kids he's going to be around for a while. They should edit in a "ka-CHING!" sound effect every time he touches heads with a kid on his way to the ring.

The Jarretts skits were hilarious, the main event was great until the Jarretts came out and killed the fucking match. Flair went from looking dignified in his suit to looking like an out of shape, balding old man. AJ deserved to be attacked for being a dipshit and taking nine hours to setup ONE MOVE in a two-on-one beating. Devon's deal was good - it's a shame it's building up a Dreamer-Bubba Ray match though. Morgan's a raging asshole for attacking his ex-partner WHOSE SKULL HE KICKED INTO A RINGPOST from behind. Anderson's a bigger one for setting up Immortal's theme hitting, and using racist jokes in 2011. LEAD BABYFACE IN THE COMPANY, by the way. TNA's WWE envy continued by aping the 2-11-11 video DAYS AFTER WWE PAID OFF THEIR VERSION. The one that actually resulted in people being excited about Sting because it potentially built up something that had NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE AND WAS 20 YEARS IN THE MAKING. The excitement of 2-11-11 wasn't STING'S COMING BACK, it was HOLY SHIT, STING'S DEBUTING IN WWE AND HE'S COMING FOR THE UNDERTAKER'S STREAK! This is just a 50-something returning to TNA for the billionth time after his billionth fake retirement in TNA alone.

TNA promised TWO THINGS for this show - Flair-AJ and Rob Terry-Steiner. They delivered neither of those things, and yet built up next week's newest, biggest Impact in the history of shows named Impact COMPLETELY on promises. Brilliant move - it's always good to shatter any faith a viewer has in you the week before you want them to have faith in you. If I can't trust them to deliver a simple posedown, how can I as a viewer believe that they'll deliver Sarita screwing Velvet so hard she won't be able to walk? It's an impossibility. Now, with that said, the stuff with Steiner and EY was hilarious, as was Steiner calling him "chair-nobyl". I'm not sure what that is exactly, but it sounds bad, and Rob Terry is it. The notion of Gunner and Murphy being named the number one contenders is bad enough, and it was made worse by it being announced DURING A MATCH. Not after it, no, wouldn't want to make winning a match seem important or anything. They LOST THE fuckING PAY PER VIEW MATCH and that somehow garnered them a title shot. Granted, beating the retard and OJ isn't exactly a great reason to become number one contenders, but it's at least something. Instead, they just became contenders...for I guess buying gear or something and that's that. Not even a "Bischoff made them contenders because he could" or "BEER MONEY IS TAKING ON ALL COMERS" thing. AJ and Flair's stuff peaked with the promo exchange and then went downhill as they tried to dovetail five billion storylines into it. I still give that segment a win for the Flair lines. In particular, replying to AJ's "HE WAS DRINKING" with "YEAH, BUT NOT WITH GOD!".

Screens -

DESMOND WOLFE RETURNS TO IMPACT! In action figure form.

WWE's got the Big Mic, TNA's got the Big Mick

Also - two Angelinas.

Dignity...

Going...

Gone.

Devon can't believe this company sometimes.

Quotes for the "Hot at Teacher" edition of Impact. Both the title and the show make no goddamn sense.
Anderson - I don’t care who’s calling the shots around here - whether it’s Bischoff, Hogan, Dixie Carter, OR THE NETWORK - I’M CALLING THE SHOTS RIGHT NOW! AND IT SAYS IN CONTRACT THAT I GET A REMATCH, AND I’LL STIT HERE ALL NIGHT LONG IF THAT’S WHAT IT TAKES. I don’t know why the network doesn’t LIKE ME. IS IT BECAUSE… BECAUSE…
Crowd - ASSHOLE! ASSHOLE!
Anderson - IS IT BECAUSE I’M AN ASSHOLE!? I hear they like that word - ASSHOLE, ASSHOLE, ASSHOLE, ASSHOLE! Let’s face it - if that’s the case, then RVD isn’t a law-abiding citizen…
RVD - You say that RVD isn’t a law-abiding citizen - I just wanna make sure my hearing’s not distorted, man? WHAT ABOUT THE LAWS OF MORALITY, KEN!? What about the law that should’ve told a man of honor and professionalism that if it’s his job to officiate a match, he shouldn’t stand in his way, right? I’m sure when you came to TNA with big plans, right? And those plans might’ve changed when RVD came in - and that’s because you know who is the better wrestler. As long as you have the mic in your hand, you’re a force to be reckoned with. But the whole F’N show you’re not. If I get a chance to screw you like you did me, THEN I WON’T HESITATE!
Anderson - I don’t care that you think you’re a better man than me or if you have some Chinese in ya, I JUST CARE ABOUT A REMATCH! BEFORE… WE BOTH DO SOMETHING WE’RE GONNA REGRET…
Bischoff - My my my, what do we have here? Looks to me like possibly a main event. I WAS GONNA GIVE YOUR REMATCH…hey, settle down gentlemen! Now I’m actually SURE of it… Ken Ken Ken, turn around, I need to talk to ya. I was gonna give you your rematch until I saw the sheer RATINGS DRAW of what I see in front of me, so tonight, we’re gonna see a main event with Ken Anderson and RVD. Doesn’t get any better than that, right!? (Jeff whispers) JEFF, YOU’RE AMAZING. YOU HAVE A MIND FOR THIS BUSINESS. Little bit of a rewrite here, TONIGHT, IN THAT VERY RING…WAIT FOR IT…. IT’S GONNA BE KEN ANDERSONA ND RVD WAIT FOR IT… WAIT FOR IT… VERSUS… KURT ANGLE IN A THERE WAY DANCE! Now it doesn’t get any better than that.
Steiner - ROB TERRY’S IDEA OF A POSEDOWN IS DIFFERENT THAN MINE. NOW I GOT THE JAMES STORM DIET - 8 OUNCE CURLS. BEER MUSCLES!
EY - How about me?
Steiner - You look terrible. GET OUT! GET OUT! DON’T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE ASS AND GO FIND YOUR BOYFRIEND!
(to Tad)Jeff - Do you know who’s in here today? THE JARRETTS! Tad, we’re short on time and now you’re a little short on wine.
Storm - When Bischoff came in, he told Robert and I to do a job.
Taz - Eric Young is hard to prepare for cuz he’s an odd man. He’s nuts.
(after EY’s team Canada trunks are shown)Roode - I think I’ve seen those tights before.
Angelina - Velvet, YOU CANNOT BE THINKING ABOUT PUTTING YOUR CAREER ON THE LINE NEXT WEEK AGAINST SARITA!? THINK OF ALL WE’VE DONE. And I lost a match like this a year ago.
Taz - Devon’s sons…one of them has a concussion and the other has whiplash.
Devon - I WANNA COME OUT HERE TONIGHT AND MAKE AN APOLOGY - MY BOYS, MY SONS TERRANCE AND TERRELL! A father’s worst dream is when he can’t protect his own kids, and I felt at AAO… I could not protect you. After what THAT MAN did to you - putting you threw a table, kicking you in the face. BUBBA, THOSE BOYS CALLED YOU UNCLE. THEY BELIEVED IN YOU. THEY WERE WITH US SINCE THE TIME THEY WERE BORN! THEY LOVED YOU AND YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON THEM… Terrance, Terrell…I wanna apologize to the family, but most importantly, I wanna apologize to you. I shoulda been there for ya, to protect ya, and I felt that I wasn’t. I promise you, this will not go unanswered.
Bully - DEVON! DEVON! UP HERE YA WEAK PIECE OF CRAP! LOOK AT ME DEVON!
Fan - KICK IS BUTT, DEVON!
Bully - STAY DOWN - HOW YA KIDS DOING!? How’s Terrance? Is that the one that I kicked in the head? How’s Terrell? THE ONE I JACKED UP INTO THE AIR AND PUT THROUGH A TABLE! HOW THEY DOING YOU SAD EXCUSE FOR A FATHER! TO SHOW YOU WHAT I DID TO YOU, I’M GONNA PUT ONE OF YOUR BROTHERS THROUGH A TABLE LIKE I DID TO ONE OF YOUR KIDS AND YOU’LL NEVER FORGET! OH MY BROTHER, MOTHEREFFIN TESTIFY!
AJ - I’M NOT STANDING IN ANYONE ELSE’S SHADOW FOR ONE MORE SECOND! TONIGHT, I’M GONNA TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS ONLY THE WAY AJ STYLES CAN! IN THE RING!
Magnus - You and I are a lot of like - we’re both ambitious. You’re not as ambitious as me. You’ve got a great physique - you’re no Mag-daddy, but you’re looking well.
RVD - I don’t even know what tonight’s match is about.
Taz - It’s a proven fact that Rob Terry picks things up and puts them down a lot. You ever do a posedown, Mike?
Tenay - My next would be me first.
Taz - Rob Terry looks like he’s worked out recently.
Terry - YOU’RE LOOKING AT THE FUTURE, OLD MAN. I’M GONNA PROVE THAT I’M THE BEST-BUILT MAN IN THE HISTORY OF THIS MAN AND THAT I’M THE REAL GENETIC FREAK OF TNA! Let’s get this posedown on!
Taz - Scott Steiner is definitely the complete total package.
Steiner - THE BEST THING YOU COULDA HOPED FOR IS ME COMING IN THE RING IN A GOOD MOOD, BUT WHEN YOU CALLED YOURSELF THE FREAK, YOU PISSED ME OFF. THERE’S ONLY ONE GENETIC FREAK, AND YOU’RE LOOKING AT HIM. SINCE YOU BEEN SUCKING ON YOUR MOTHER’S TITS, I’VE BEEN THE GENETIC FREAK. I gotta name for ya - CHAIRNOBYL - YOU LOOK LIKE YOU’RE A COUPLE VITAMINS A WAY FROM A CHEMICAL DISASTER. Over the past 20 years, I’ve earned my nickname. YOUR PUNK-ASS COMES FROM BODYBUILDING TRYING TO TAKE MY NAME. THAT’S NOT GONNA HAPPEN! You think I was gonna come out here in Speedos?!
Terry - Afraid?
Steiner - I’M GONNA GET MY WRESTLING STUFF ON, AND IF YOU’RE STILL OUT HERE, I’M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!
Terry - THAT’S SO TYPICAL FOR AN AMERICAN TO RUN WITH HIS TAIL BETWEEN HIS LEGS!
Winter - Velvet, people don’t think you can beat Sarita.
Velvet - WINTER, WHEN I’M DONE WITH SARITA’S ASS, I’M COMING FOR YOURS!
Jeff - Thanks for meeting us here, father, BUT WE DON’T HAVE A LOT OF TIME SO LET’S GET THIS GOING!
Karen - My ex-husband has to walk me down the aisle…
Pastor - GOOD LORD! You put the children up. THIS IS BLASPHEMY!
Jeff - NO IT’S NOT - IT’S NON-DENOMINATIONAL!
Flair - OH LORD HOW IT’S HARD TO BE HUMBLE! When you are the NAAAAATURE BOY RIC FLAIR! GOD! I REPEAT! GOD! And little girl, I might take you home and give you a ride on Space Mountain.
Fans - NATURE BOY! NATURE BOY!Save it - I know who I am. I don’t need you to tell me who Ric Flair is.
Flair - There is someone I want to explain him why, before I take off my custom Armani and put on my wrestling gear, AJ STYLES. YOU BEEN AVOIDING ME ALL DAY. GOD HERE, AND GOD THERE - THERE’S TWO OF US. IN THIS RING, I’M GOD. SO AJ, MY GOD, THE FRANCHISE, MISTER TNA, PLEASE, I’M GIVING YOU ONE MORE CHANCE TO GET DOWN ON YOUR HANDS AND KNEES AND SAY GOD, RIC FLAIR, I’M SORRY BROTHER. Beer Money, Kazarian, you’ll all get the chance, but tonight’s AJ’s night. GET YER ASS DOWN HERE NOW. OH LORD HOW IT’S HARD TO BE HUMBLE! Haven’t I taught you the right way to get a ring? GET UP HERE LITTLE GIRL! You know what you’re looking at, don’t ya? I’M TALKING TO A MAN, HE’S TALKING TO A GOD!
AJ - Know why I’ve been avoiding you? BECAUSE I WANNA PEAT THE PISS OUT OF YOU AND PEEL YOUR HEAD LIKE AN ONION, BUT I’M NOT GONNA DO THAT. I’M NOT GONNA LET YOU GET TO ME!
Flair - Since you’re the leader, or the spokesperson, the rest of Fortune won’t talk to me. I offered to buy James 100 beers.
AJ - He was drinking!
Flair - BUT NOT WITH GOD!
AJ - We didn’t talk to you because we thought you might try to talk us out of it!
Flair - See this path I’m walking? ANY PATH I WALK IS GREATNESS!
Taz - DOUBLE NUT SHOT!
Tenay - MORGAN ATTACKS HERNANDEZ FROM BEHIND!
Morgan - WE’RE NOT DONE, SON!
Taz - QUEEN BEE, QUEEN BEE, QUEEN BEE OF THE KNOCKOUTS DIVISION!
Rayne - AHEM! Every time TNA management has set an opponent up for me, I haven taken great pleasure in knocking them out. From Love, to Velvet Sky. And most recently, I took great pleasure knocking out hardcore country herself Mickie James. I’m getting a little bored, so last week, I issued an open challenge to any woman willing to step into the queen’s court. Honey, put your stage fright away and come out here so I can make you famous.
Taz - ODB - THEY’RE BIGGER! YOU CAN SHADE TWO MIDGETS AT HIGH NOON WITH THOSE THINGS!
Taz - We haven’t seen ODB - lord knows where she’s been. Probably under a rusted bus.
Taz - You ever get a whiff of ODB?
Tenay - Not by choice.
Taz - She smells like a dumpster. Or a farm animal. She’s gorgeous though - don’t get me wrong.
Taz - VINTAGE ODB! Slapping on the upper pectorial massive region.
(after agreeing to face Velvet next week)Sarita - I’M GONNA SCREW HER SO HARD SHE’S GONNA HAVE TROUBLE WALKING!
Morgan - Hernandez COST ME MY TITLE SHOT. IF ANYONE KNOWS THE POLITICAL MINEFIELD, AND THAT SON OF A BITCH TOOK IT FROM ME. MY WIFE, MY FATHER, AND MY MOTHER! AND MY FANS! SO THAT WAS CUMUPPANCE! MARCH THIRD, HE’S GONNA GET AN ASS KICKING! I’M GONNA TAKE A HUGE CHUNK OUT OF HIS ASS! PAYBACK’S A MOTHERfuckER AND SO AM I!
Jeff - You fit guys who give the bride away right? There’s gonna be some guy you’ve never heard of - name’s Kurt Angle, coming in.
Karen - We gotta make it classy - don’t want you looking like a colored Easter egg.
Jeff - Your Bridezilla thing’s bugging the shit out of me.
Jeff - Kurt’s gonna think “he took my bride and my pride!”
Anderson - Ladies and gentlemen, FROM TITLE TOWN USA, MISTER ANDERSON! ANDERSON!
Crowd - ASSHOLES! VD! ASSHOLES! VD!
Tenay - IMPACT IS LIVE ON THE ROAD NEXT THURSDAY!
Taz - Sometimes in a three way, you can just wait in the trees - that’s what Angle did.
Tenay - NEXT WEEK, IT’S ARGUABLY THE MOST IMPACTFUL IMPACT IN HISTORY!
Tenay - IT’S WHAT WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR! THE LEGAL ISSUES BETWEEN HOGAN AND DIXIE ARE RESOLVED!

Regarding Rey and WWE - it's been well-known for a while that he's not happy in WWE. He asks for time off, and they give it to him, then order him to end it halfway through. His knees are also pretty shot and despite still looking 20, he's been around for a long-ass time working a high-flying style and was told over a decade ago to retire. He of course, did not do that. WWE's goal with Alberto was to make him the new Rey in the long haul, and they wanted to sign Mistico years ago as Rey's successor. Alberto's gone off on his own direction, but WWE can try to make a "new Rey" with Mistico provided they do it with the right angle and at the right time so it can go smoothly. They do a protege/teacher deal leading to a turn by one on the other, or make them a tag team without that, or just have them as rivals from the start. One big problem for Mistico that neither Rey or Alberto had to deal with is English. He doesn't know it and they did when they came to the States, so he's got that big strike against him right away. WWE seems to be pretty high on him though by putting out the press release and not even white-washing his past as Mistico, naming that character specifically, which they can't use because CMLL owns the rights.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']The sad thing is that they probably believed it was.[/QUOTE]

It was clearly meant as a joke.

You guys dog shit and you don't even know how it was framed. Both shows were good and the Russofied shit was kept to a minimum. fucking crowd was hot all night, but god damn there were some ugly mother fuckers there.

You wanna know what a segment with ZERO heat looks like? Watch Steiner and Terry. Big Rob came out in his skivvies and the crowd was absolutely thrilled to the point of narcolepsy. Just awful, awful television; I've seen indie crowds of 20 people make more noise for a guy getting choked out.

Tenryu did nothing but appear in two Royal Rumbles. TAKA Michinoku was the WWF's only credible lightweight until he got placed in the Kaientai comedy angle for around two years. I don't really have high hopes for this Mistico fellow. Especially since I could probably put money on the fact that Vince hasn't even seen one of his matches. Vince wanted to sign Ultimo Dragon and then wanted to fire him a couple of months later after he actually saw him.

The only hope I have for Mistico is that WWE has appeared to have lightened up their 'you'll work a WWE style, dammit!' directive recently. It's not completely gone, but we've seen guys be able to show more personality in their wrestling since Danielson showed up, so that's the only thing I can hold out hope for.

Mysterio isn't going anywhere. WWE will shower him with money and ride him until he literally just refuses to show up. He's the Smackdown cash cow. The Mexican John Cena, if you will. He bores me now because he's a bit broken down, which means he's not great on a regular basis but he can really still deliver a good match when he needs to. I've never found him to be real great at the personality side of things, but the crowd seems to love him, so hey.

Onto All-Stars... one, I still think it looks like a lot of fun. I may actually pick it up on release day. Two... ok, I see the complaining but I just don't quite understand it. Who, exactly, did people want in the game? I'm genuinely curious.

The smoke at the end of the video spells Sting!! I saw it!!! :whee:

Really, I get that they were going for a "look, we can actually deliver!" vibe, but completely ripping off WWE with the hype video was incredibly lame.

[quote name='Scorch']
The smoke at the end of the video spells Sting!! I saw it!!! :whee:

Really, I get that they were going for a "look, we can actually deliver!" vibe, but completely ripping off WWE with the hype video was incredibly lame.[/QUOTE]

I agree. For full thoughts, I'll tag this:
It would've be a fun little jab at WWE... but then the Impact spoilers came out. My problem is that I truly don't believe TNA did it for the right reasons. With how he comes back, it seems obvious that they think people were really hyped for STING, and not the 'meaning' of Sting in WWE. He's 51. I don't think anyone really cares if Sting comes back for the 30th time in 4 years. To put the belt on him indicates to me that they think people were just hyped to see Sting... which, really, seems to be par for the 'TNA misses the point' course. That's my issue with it.

Even if you didn't like the segment, WWE delivered. The hype videos got people talking, then they made it obvious it was Taker, and then it was actually about HHH all along. To me, that delivered enough of a surprise to warrant a video. Now, let's take TNA's logic, and pretend that the videos aired, and Taker came back for an previously unannounced Raw match where he beat Miz for the WWE title. How pissed do you think people would've been?

It's just... I want to believe that TNA 'gets' it. But time and again they demonstrate that they simply don't.

[quote name='Scorch']It's more of an arcade fighting game along the lines of Wrestlefest. Just something fun they put together, like Legends of Wrestlemania.[/QUOTE]
Do NOT besmirch the good name of Wrestlefest like that. I LOVED that game when it was in the arcades. But all of the over the top cartoony stuff I saw in the videos for WWE Superstars(or whatever this abortion is being called) really left me wishing they'd release Wrestlefest for $5-10 on PSN.

I'd buy it and play the hell out of it.:D

I think I remember playing Wrestlemania back on the SNES. It had a bunch of cartoony stuff too, like Undertaker smacking someone in the head with an actual tombstone. That game was awesome.

I used to love playing the Genesis version of Royal Rumble, but my fingers would be killing me after a long play session cuz all it was was hammering buttons to do specials.

Thank God for turbo controllers.;)

The Genesis version of Royal Rumble. Did anyone notice that it had a bug where if you tried to have a 1 on 1 match with Bret Hart and Rick Martel, it would freeze? The music would continue on, but you'd just get a black screen. I even tried it on an emulator just to see if the ROM had the same bug, and indeed it did.

When I bought a SNES from a CAG last year, I also bought WWE RAW from eBay... God damn, I forgot how much that game made my fingers hurt from smashing all those buttons just to do an atomic drop.

[quote name='Clak']I think I remember playing Wrestlemania back on the SNES. It had a bunch of cartoony stuff too, like Undertaker smacking someone in the head with an actual tombstone. That game was awesome.[/QUOTE]

You're thinking about WWF Wrestlemania the Arcade Game and you're right, the game was pretty awesome. Someday I'll get ahold of the 32x version so I can play it with the awesome 6 button Genesis controllers and have at least slightly better graphics.

Yep that's it, probably my favorite wrestling game. I think Doink actually had an attack where he hit someone with an oversized hammer.

[quote name='Halo05']You're thinking about WWF Wrestlemania the Arcade Game and you're right, the game was pretty awesome. Someday I'll get ahold of the 32x version so I can play it with the awesome 6 button Genesis controllers and have at least slightly better graphics.[/QUOTE]

..And Kwang the Ninja!
gfs_51494_2_3_mid.jpg

[quote name='HydroX']Michael Hayes? Really?[/QUOTE]
I can still remember when Michael Hayes was on WWF Action Zone in '95 as Doc Hendrix. I distinctly remember there being a call in segment on the show and the one caller outing him as Michael Hayes. That shit was hilarious to watch. But I'm sure it was a work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back