Buy 2 Get 1 Free PS3 Greatest Hits - Bestbuy.com

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
link

Heavy Rain is not listed but GoW3 and Uncharted 2 GOTY are. Hopefully Amazon will match and show Best Buy how these things are done.

Edit: And Uncharted 2 GOTY is currently backordered. Deal is also in store as posted here

Edit 2: Heavy Rain should work along with the others in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope Amazon PM's and includes Heavy Rain. But I've already got most of the ones I'd want off that list already, unfortunately.

Would love to pick up Heavy Rain, inFamous, and one free game..

Too bad HR isn't included in the deal. :(

i'll probably get uncharted2 & gow3 + modnation, i already have heavy rain
how long does the deal last?

[quote name='Lei']i'll probably get uncharted2 & gow3 + modnation, i already have heavy rain
how long does the deal last?[/QUOTE]
I imagine through March 5th since its in the weekly ad.

man. i dont have god of war 3, uncharted 2, heavy rain, demons souls, infamous or the ratchet games. been trying to cut back on my game purchases because of a huge backlog, but these are mostly all must have games. ugh

No Resistance 2 online that sucks.

Online I already have the ones I would want to own already and just got Killzone 2 f/ the recent Newegg deal. I'll keep my eye on this to see if they add any additional titles though the week. Thanks for posting all the info in one spot OP.

[quote name='JeriKu']Would love to pick up Heavy Rain, inFamous, and one free game..

Too bad HR isn't included in the deal. :([/QUOTE]
are you saying that because heavy rain doesnt show up on the BBY website? or did you actualy go to a B&M location and they denied you?

[quote name='Fan_of_a_G-Man']Why doesn't Best Buy sell Heavy Rain online? Does anybody know if they sell it in stores and whether it's 29.99 there?[/QUOTE]

I want to know the same! I have $10 in reward certs and a 10% off coupon that expires today!

someone that lives in the east coast call best buy! they are open there! Best Buy isn't open in California, 2 more hours. So I know or not to go. do it folks.
Edit: The Best Buy ads *Plus more store, heavy rain has to count! what's not listed online

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donutkid2222']someone that lives in the east coast call best buy! they are open there! Best Buy isn't open in California, 2 more hours. So I know or not to go. do it folks.
Edit: The Best Buy ads *Plus more store, heavy rain has to count! what's not listed online[/QUOTE]

I work at best buy on the east coast. We definitely sell heavy rain, but I couldn't tell you if its something we get in regularly or just some copies we still have left.

I just got back from Best Buy with Heavy Rain, God of War, and Uncharted 2. Heavy Rain was included in the deal with no fuss.

[quote name='akijikan']I just got back from Best Buy with Heavy Rain, God of War, and Uncharted 2. Heavy Rain was included in the deal with no fuss.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for letting people know updated OP

[quote name='typical guy']Decent prices but a lot of those games were $10 on black Friday. I'd just wait till next black Friday.[/QUOTE]

You'd save $30 + tax if you wait nine months. You also have to hope the games YOU wanted will be on sale and fight the crowds/ wait in line. Not worth it IMO.

[quote name='texasnightowl']Now i have a dilemma....choosing 3 out of these 4:

Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Uncharted 2
Modnation Racers[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Uncharted 2

[quote name='radioactivez0r']This is one of those sales where I look at the list and think, crap, I have a lot of those. Maybe I should start playing them.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's what I was thinking when I was looking at the list. The only one that I'm even vaguely interested in that I don't already have is ModNation Racers. Oh well.

[quote name='vanlandw']No Resistance 2 online that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Resistance 2 does suck. I played a bit of it and didn't really enjoy it at all -- I just found it flat and uninteresting. I finally traded in my copy recently because I realized that I had too many better games in my backlog and I was never going to get around to playing it again.

[quote name='texasnightowl']Now i have a dilemma....choosing 3 out of these 4:

Heavy Rain
LittleBigPlanet
Uncharted 2
Modnation Racers[/QUOTE]

Avoid LBP GOTY! That game has been dropping like crazy recently! Buy.com had it for 10.99 and Amazon is always messing with it's price (as low as 13.99).

Over $9 for shipping kind of kills this for me. Not sure if I'll order or not. Especially since Uncharted is back ordered and I'll have to wait anyway.

[quote name='NSYNC']Avoid LBP GOTY! That game has been dropping like crazy recently! Buy.com had it for 10.99 and Amazon is always messing with it's price (as low as 13.99).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot about the buy.com deal that I missed. :wall:

I haven't been following it too long on Amazon, so have mostly seen it around 22 or 23.

Placed an order for instore pickup for GOW 3, Uncharted 2 GOTY (lucky to have 1 store near me that shows it instock) and Modnation Racers. Didn't want to lose this deal and pay shipping once these games run out completely in stores.

Debating whether to keep Modnation Racers or try to swap it out for Heavy Rain since some people report not having problems getting them to honor it for this deal.

Would have liked Killzone 2 or Rachet&Clank:Crack in Time but there's been deals in the past where they have been less than $20 so hopefully they will show up again.

The problem with the "greatest hits only" sales, is that I already have most of them. Unfortunately, it doesn't cover every $29.99 game, just the GH. At least on the site. Cause I'd take Ratchet & Clank CIT, Mafia 2, and You Don't Know Jack for $60 all day long.

My store confirmed no Heavy Rain in my area either. I had Uncharted 2, LittleBigPlanet, and Modnation Racers in my hand but walked out without any of them. As pointed out above, I should be able to score LBP cheap if I watch and I'm only kinda interested in Modnation, so I just walked out empty handed. Infamous is the other game I was considering but I'll have to think about it.

I went to 3 best buys in my area before coming across the last Heavy Rain. The Gulfgate (Houston) location had 1 left behind a row of other games and on the bottom shelf. I'm not sure if someone placed it there hoping to come back and get it. I got Heavy Rain, inFAMOUS (purchased it for the 2nd time...want to play it to finish before 2 comes out), and Uncharted 2 (as a Birthday gift).

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Wanted to take advantage of this but none of the Houston stores have Dead Space in stock. :([/QUOTE]

They will be restocking the GH at least once this week. Of the seven BB's(PA/NJ) I've been in the 4 days most of their ps3 game section were empty. Dead space is $20 isn't it?

If I can find Uncharted 2, Resistance 2, and Heavy Rain B&M I might have to cave on this.

Good luck to everybody finding what they want!

Has anybody been checking B&M's and what kind of stock has BB been having recently on PS3 GH?

The only one I really want but I don't already have is Heavy Rain. Guess I'll just wait and see if a good deal comes along for that one only.

I think that they would, but I am guessing that there might be a stock issue. All the new Greatest hits games are very solid games, and its hard to keep them in stock. So, I am not sure if amazon will match this.

My buddy just called me from a Best Buy. He went there to pick up LBP2 and asked what other PS3 games he should get since he recently got a PS3. I reminded him of this sale. He was going to get MNR, inFamous and Batman:AA under my suggestions. He called me after he left saying that MNR wouldn't ring up as part of the sale because it wasn't in the Greatest Hits packaging. So he didn't get any of them. What a joke.

He's a push over. I on the other hand would've just grabbed the weekly ad from the front and walked right up to the CS desk.

gamestop has this sale but the used versions are around 2 dollars cheaper and theres the PUR 10% and free shipping. Its too bad, I have credit at both but want to burn my BB on something good. Maybe next time.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']He's a push over. I on the other hand would've just grabbed the weekly ad from the front and walked right up to the CS desk.[/QUOTE]
Buy those games and be like, "Look what I got?"

[quote name='ravens52bears54']My buddy just called me from a Best Buy. He went there to pick up LBP2 and asked what other PS3 games he should get since he recently got a PS3. I reminded him of this sale. He was going to get MNR, inFamous and Batman:AA under my suggestions. He called me after he left saying that MNR wouldn't ring up as part of the sale because it wasn't in the Greatest Hits packaging. So he didn't get any of them. What a joke.

He's a push over. I on the other hand would've just grabbed the weekly ad from the front and walked right up to the CS desk.[/QUOTE]
GOW3, Uncharted 2, MNR and all in original packaging, worked for me. He needs to wait for the cashier to hit total and the register will take off one of the games.

bread's done
Back