GameStop: Trade 2 select games for $50 credit towards LA Noire

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/la-noire

Just saw this in my email box. Trade in 2 select games at GameStop for $50 credit towards an LA Noire preorder. Offer valid 4/18/11 - 5/8/11.

Some of the qualifying games to look out for between now and 5/8 might be:
Rock Band 3 (game only) PS3 - currently $17.99 preowned at GS
Borderlands GotY Edition (PS3) $19.99 new at GS
Monopoly Streets (PS3) - currently on clearance at Target B&M, $19.98 when I price checked it yesterday

FYI, Gohastings.com has a 20% off deal on used games going now, enter promo code PALADIN at checkout. I used that to snag a pair of games that were on the trade list for $28 shipped.

Spent $28 for a $50 credit on a game I've known for months I'd be getting release day. Excellent. Happiest I've been with Gamestop in ages.

Some of those you could get 30 at Best Buy.

I could trade my copy of Shattered Dimensions on PS3. Im hating myself now for trading in Move Heroes but I still got like 21.

I might try to flip a top spin 4.

Sweet! Now I know what to do with the buy 2 used games for $19.99 get $10 off coupon gamestop sent me!

Top Spin 4 is also $17.99 used and on the list.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']I got 3 of the $10 off pre owned games coupon....I think ill be using 2 of them on RB3 then those go toward L.A Noire![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can't trade 2 of the same game in at the same time. I just reread the email. It looks like you have to have the GS associate scan the email coupon to do the trade, assuming the trade offer isn't in GameStop's system. The coupon is universal though, it's not a unique code or anything like that.

This is the actual coupon pics from the email from gamestop.com.

noire_snip.jpg

noire_offer.jpg
noire_coupon.jpg

I'm sure someone can come up with an actual screenshot of the coupon if that's allowed here.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']I'm pretty sure you can't trade 2 of the same game in at the same time. [/QUOTE]

That was my first thought too, as I had a line on a pair of items at gohastings that would have been even cheaper than the two I got using the promo if I'd been able to use identical items for the deal. Called Gamestop, no dice. They'll only take the same title if one is PS3 and the other is 360.

I grabbed up The Sly Collection and their only copy of Crash: Mind Over Mutant. I just looked again and Crash is still sold out and they raised the price on Sly, but this is still available:

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 . Should come to $16 bucks after the PALADIN promo code is entered at checkout. You'll have to find another game to go with it, but that's the one I had in my cart on reserve until just before checking out, just in case.

Cheers.

Edit: Naruto out of stock now. Happy hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nintendofan9999']If I get the credit but don't want the game can I just use it towards something else?[/QUOTE]
No it only works towards the LA Noire pre-order.

You can just do the trade in, wait 1 month for the release and buy then return it and get you credit back. That's what I may end up doing.

Man vs Wild might be a good one for those that want to buy it for $29.99 new, get the achievements/trophies and then turn it right back in.

I was able to go to gamestop, buy two copies of borderlands GOTY, which were around 16$ and change each after PUR discount. Then traded them right back in for the LA noire pre-order.

Well I did get Halo Reach for joining the Beta so I could trade in my real copy but I need a second game for that. Or I could trade Reach for $20 to amazon and HOPE Noire goes on sale for like $40 within a month of release....hmmm.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I did get Halo Reach for joining the Beta so I could trade in my real copy but I need a second game for that. Or I could trade Reach for $20 to amazon and HOPE Noire goes on sale for like $40 within a month of release....hmmm.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, you can get $30 for reach at best buy, unless you don't a best buy nearby.

[quote name='coolrust']As far as I know, you can get $30 for reach at best buy, unless you don't a best buy nearby.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just checked and they are still giving $30. I think I might drive over and take them up on that. I can always buy some printer ink if I don't get a game.

Additional: If you have Dead Rising 2 and Halo Reach you can get $60 for both which would get you LA Noire or any other game for free.

[quote name='Tourista']FYI, Gohastings.com has a 20% off deal on used games going now, enter promo code PALADIN at checkout. I used that to snag a pair of games that were on the trade list for $28 shipped.

Spent $28 for a $50 credit on a game I've known for months I'd be getting release day. Excellent. Happiest I've been with Gamestop in ages.[/QUOTE]

Which two games?

[quote name='poopants']I was able to go to gamestop, buy two copies of borderlands GOTY, which were around 16$ and change each after PUR discount. Then traded them right back in for the LA noire pre-order.[/QUOTE]

You must have a good Gamestop. Most people would have been banned for doing that. I wouldn't suggest this for everyone.

Is it still $17.99? Website has it listed for $35 used. Nm, I'll just call :)

Edit: He told me it was $35 at first so idk wtf was going on and then he tried to ring it up and he said it was $17.99? lol

The store has that and RB3 so looks like I'm using my $10 off birthday coupon on this.

[quote name='shoe478']You must have a good Gamestop. Most people would have been banned for doing that. I wouldn't suggest this for everyone.

Is it still $17.99? Website has it listed for $35 used. Nm, I'll just call :)

Edit: He told me it was $35 at first so idk wtf was going on and then he tried to ring it up and he said it was $17.99? lol

The store has that and RB3 so looks like I'm using my $10 off birthday coupon on this.[/QUOTE]

The one time in my life I even traded something IN to Gamestop is when they had a promotion that listed FAIRYTALE FIGHTS (right after it was free at Best Buy). Since I had several copies, I figured I'd trade them in (to be clear, I traded a total of 2 copies, 1 for each system and went back weeks later). I was told to not come back. Funny, I never really went there in the first place.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I just checked and they are still giving $30. I think I might drive over and take them up on that. I can always buy some printer ink if I don't get a game.

Additional: If you have Dead Rising 2 and Halo Reach you can get $60 for both which would get you LA Noire or any other game for free.[/QUOTE]

Like its been mentioned before, you can buy Amazon gift cards.

I've been waiting to get rid of WWE SVR 2011 and PS Move Heroes for a while, and this is probably a good a time as any. I wasn't planning on picking up LA Noire at launch, but this gives me an excuse to do it :D

[quote name='Abeja']Like its been mentioned before, you can buy Amazon gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I missed that thread/topic. This is perfect.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Thanks! I missed that thread/topic. This is perfect.[/QUOTE]

They come in 25 and 50 GC, so if you trade in a game for 30 you are gonna have left over. I had 103 the last time and used the last $3 on a $10 PSN card since those never go on sale.

Found one game, though, can't seem to find a 2nd game that will make this a worthwhile trade-in. The tax and shipping is making it difficult too.

I'm starting to agree with vaultdweller. Anyone know if hastings offers the same prices and deal in store or is that web Only?

[quote name='nintendofan9999']If I get the credit but don't want the game can I just use it towards something else?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you can. I did the same thing with the Portal 2 40% extra trade credit coupon. I took the credit off of Portal 2 because of the Toys R US deal with MK and had no problems at all.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I did get Halo Reach for joining the Beta so I could trade in my real copy but I need a second game for that. Or I could trade Reach for $20 to amazon and HOPE Noire goes on sale for like $40 within a month of release....hmmm.[/QUOTE]

amazon already has a $10 gift credit for LA noire, so you are effectively half way there already. But I don't think there will be massive discounting on this early on, like EA has been doing...Unlike EA, Take 2 doesn't have that many games in the pipeline, so they have to milk them a fair bit longer

[quote name='VaultDweller']too much hassle just to save $20 bucks tops[/QUOTE]

It's not a hassle if you already have the games and were planning on trading them in anyways.

Thanks OP for the heads up!

I wish i could do this, but I'm such a game hoarder, I can never part with my games even after I've beaten the crap out of them. Hence, I'll just wait to buy LA Noire until it's $20-$30 in a few months.

if i get the e-mail i might consider doing a buy and trade in...i was considering getting L.A. Noire at K-Mart with my $30 gift card but i might just get Duke Nukem their and get L.A. Noire at gamestop, or maybe buy and return L.A. Noire for the $50 credit and get Duke Nukem...

i just figured i can buy Top Spin 4 and Rock Band 3 for only $26 plus tax after using a $10 off pre-owned coupon...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to get in on this deal if only because I am interested in the pre order bonus case that Gamestop has along with the 20 badges and now I just saw that pre orders by PUR members before 4/30 get a piano gun. Sounds cool

Also, this doesnt seem to be an email only thing. I doubt you need the coupon as the deal comes up just by searching for LA Noire on their site. It also does not state you need a coupon in the disclaimers.

I was tempted by this for a few hours, wondering if it'd be worth the effort of finding a copy of RB3 or Borderlands to trade in with my RE5: Gold Edition when I'm already getting L.A. Noire from Gohastings for $29.99 on launch day, but then I realized that I'd be going to all that trouble to save maybe an additional $5 or so ($17.99 for RB3/Borderlands + $10 left for L.A. Noire after trading = ~$27.99 out of pocket without considering tax) vs. paying $29.99 without having to do anything (and I get to keep my RE5: GE). It's a pretty amazing deal for everyone else, though. :D

I find it strange that no one else has mentioned getting in on the Gohastings price error last year, not even in other threads with L.A. Noire deals or the like; was the error that isolated...?

Just bought a copy of RB3 from gamestop and did the trade in with a copy of Oblivion. Even after repurchasing the non GOTY edition of Oblivion I come out better than amazon and I get DLC for free. Thanks OP

I talked to a G$ employee. He said you can't trade in two of the same title because it's part of their policy to reduce shoplifting.

bread's done
Back