target kindle fire clearance ymmv

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
on my cellphone typing this excuse the grammar. was at target and was told kindle fire being clearanced out starting tomorrow.

Edit:
Not all Targets are notified of the clearance yet. I been to 2 and only 1 of them confirmed the clearance. They will drop like the video game clearances (30%, 50%, 70%-75%). I highly doubt it will go to 50% since its all over the news right now that Target will no longer be carrying amazon's e-reader products (I did not ask about the other kindles but I assume they will be clearing out too).

img20120502163946.jpg

My store still has a ton of them but I had a manager nice enough to reserve one for me for 24 hours.

Edit:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9596650&postcount=167

Last edited by a moderator:
doubtful.. + i didnt think targets even carried fires its not even listed on targets webpage

love to see 49 bucks

but how it would work if it did happen

then few weeks later 149
then few weeks later 129
then few weeek later 99

but they will be all gone before they hit 150

No this is true. It was reported that there will be a 30%, 50%, 75% price drop over the next three weeks.

If I had to guess I would say they will all sell out the first week at 30% off ($140 total). All you weirdos that try hiding stuff won't have any luck with that as these are kept behind the glass.

Target will be hectic tomorrow with soccer moms.

Unlike the TouchPad firesale from what I read this clearance is exclusive to Target as they are trying to rid themselves of amazon products

[quote name='slidecage']doubtful.. + i didnt think targets even carried fires its not even listed on targets webpage

love to see 49 bucks

but how it would work if it did happen

then few weeks later 149
then few weeks later 129
then few weeek later 99

but they will be all gone before they hit 150[/QUOTE]

they just took it off their web page today.

To be honest I'm surprised they don't just sell them to a company like overstock at likke $160 a piece rather then pushing them through the clearance cycle...

but maybe they did it to get publicity in an attempt to tell amazon off in the media

[quote name='GBAstar']No this is true. It was reported that there will be a 30%, 50%, 75% price drop over the next three weeks.

If I had to guess I would say they will all sell out the first week at 30% off ($140 total). All you weirdos that try hiding stuff won't have any luck with that as these are kept behind the glass.

Target will be hectic tomorrow with soccer moms.

Unlike the TouchPad firesale from what I read this clearance is exclusive to Target as they are trying to rid themselves of amazon products[/QUOTE]

wonder if you could buy one tomorrow at 140 keep it sealed wait till they fall to 75% off take it back and rebuy it :)

even at 140 they be tempting to buy

[quote name='slidecage']wonder if you could buy one tomorrow at 140 keep it sealed wait till they fall to 75% off take it back and rebuy it :)

even at 140 they be tempting to buy[/QUOTE]

No I'm pretty sure there was clear language in the terms and conditions that state no returns no price guarantees on these items.

I wouldn't do a fire. I bet $1000 you see a new version of that before Christmas. I would however interest myself in a kindle reader.

Quote from kingofdeal over at SD:

"As per the store manager it will be in 3 phases. 30 % off , 50% off and 75 % off over Next 3 week period."

Good luck getting one in 3 weeks at 75% off...unless you can manage to hide one in the diapers section, and pick it up later, as suggested by the users over at SD, lol :lol:

[quote name='thebert']Quote from kingofdeal over at SD:

"As per the store manager it will be in 3 phases. 30 % off , 50% off and 75 % off over Next 3 week period."

Good luck getting one in 3 weeks at 75% off...unless you can manage to hide one in the diapers section, and pick it up later, as suggested by the users over at SD, lol :lol:[/QUOTE]

As someone said, they're on lockdown. No hiding.

I've been interested in one for a real long time now. I guess now, this is my chance to pick one up. Though I do have one question, can you upload books bought from the B&N Nook store to the Fire? I see they have some books cheaper than Amazon right now that I would love to pick up.

140 still expensive for me since I got a touchpad for 150, but 75% off would be sweet to buy for my daughter and presents for other.

[quote name='tepro']140 still expensive for me since I got a touchpad for 150, but 75% off would be sweet to buy for my daughter and presents for other.[/QUOTE]
No doubt, but Im sure it won't survive past 50 off.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']I've been interested in one for a real long time now. I guess now, this is my chance to pick one up. Though I do have one question, can you upload books bought from the B&N Nook store to the Fire? I see they have some books cheaper than Amazon right now that I would love to pick up.[/QUOTE]

Fire can read epub and mobi, not sure about other format

Hmmm maybe this is a sign. Just sold my Fire two weeks ago for 150. If I could find one for 50% off (or more) that's almost an instant buy.

[quote name='ijustw1n']As someone said, they're on lockdown. No hiding.[/QUOTE]
Not at my store. Hmmm...
Yeah, at first drop, they'll be gone.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']I wonder if the Amazon Kindle gift cards will go on sale if they are trying to get rid of Amazon everything.[/QUOTE]

That'd be great if it happened.

[quote name='DonDonRaiden']I wonder how this effects those (like myself) who purchased an extended warranty on Kindle devices purchased from Target? SOL?[/QUOTE]They won't fix it, so if it breaks, you'll get a Target GC for the value + tax like you would if they were still selling them.

Amazon just replaces them in-warranty, so it's not like you're getting yours fixed in that case. Yours ends up being a refurb unit they sell at a discount, like they did yesterday.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']I wonder if the Amazon Kindle gift cards will go on sale if they are trying to get rid of Amazon everything.[/QUOTE]That would be the best part of this clearance. We'll know more tomorrow.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']I wonder if the Amazon Kindle gift cards will go on sale if they are trying to get rid of Amazon everything.[/QUOTE]

Why would they clearance those out? They have no value until activated. They would lose virtually no money by tossing them in a dumpster but would lose a significant amount of money by selling them at less then they are authorized to

[quote name='GBAstar']Why would they clearance those out? They have no value until activated. They would lose virtually no money by tossing them in a dumpster but would lose a significant amount of money by selling them at less then they are authorized to[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that...Target has clearanced them in the past....so yeah...

I didn't know they even sold them....I noticed for the first time today when I was in the store.

They'll sell out at the first markdown they get. They are still a new technology for most people and really popular.

We have one and love it.

[quote name='derrtaysouth95']I didn't know they even sold them....I noticed for the first time today when I was in the store.

They'll sell out at the first markdown they get. They are still a new technology for most people and really popular.

We have one and love it.[/QUOTE]

Would this be good for a little kid? Mostly interest in kiddie games and interactive ebooks. Either Fire or dsi for my 4yo. She barely uses her leappad and my Touchpad doesn't have alot of games, apps.

would be shocked if the cards also get clearanced if target is dropping amazon as a vendor. Stores aren't gift card resellers, they simply operate as point of sale kiosks.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Wait... I thought Target used Amazon for their online sales or something?[/QUOTE]

Well some stories have said that Amazon's insistent of an app to check their prices against Target and other local stores during the Holidays ticked them off. And hey, Amazon won't carry the iPad anymore for various reasons. So why not.

I used a few of them at work, and the screen is extremely responsive. If it hit less than $100, I'd consider one. I have a ton of apps from Amazon that would work wonderfully on this tablet.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']I've been interested in one for a real long time now. I guess now, this is my chance to pick one up. Though I do have one question, can you upload books bought from the B&N Nook store to the Fire? I see they have some books cheaper than Amazon right now that I would love to pick up.[/QUOTE]

You can use ebook management software like the excellent Calibre to strip the DRM and convert nearly any format to nearly any format. I recently bought the Hunger Games trilogy on sale at Kobo's storefront and converted them for my Kindle, worked like a charm.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Wait... I thought Target used Amazon for their online sales or something?[/QUOTE]

Amazon used to host all of Target's online commerce. That partnership ended last year when Target decided to bring their online store under their own corporate umbrella, and Target launched a redesigned website hosted on their own servers. It made national news last fall for being such a terrible, buggy POS :)

I read an interview in Wired with Amazon's Jeff Bezos, swearing the divorce was perfectly amicable. I guess maybe Target feels differently?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']They are clearing them out as Amazon is a competitor and they are going to replace it with the Nook.[/QUOTE]And they already carry the Nook. I saw this over the weekend.

I updated the OP with a little more info. Anyways I have one reserved for me tomorrow, so good luck to the rest of you CAGs.:D

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Got a refurbished one for $140 at Amazon a few weeks ago. Its pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

That's the current Amazon deal of the day right now... refurbished for $140.

[quote name='tepro']Would this be good for a little kid? Mostly interest in kiddie games and interactive ebooks. Either Fire or dsi for my 4yo. She barely uses her leappad and my Touchpad doesn't have alot of games, apps.[/QUOTE]

I would think so.

You can install educational games onto it form the Marketplace....some you might have to pay for though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back