- - - - -

Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VI

#9091 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   1966 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

It sucks when the Greatest Hits version has the dlc on disc. That is typically the only exception I make for them.

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games -   :ps4: Until Dawn   :xbox: Fatal Frame (Blind ghost killing us a bunch of times)   :wiiu: Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water  :ps2: Obscure: The Aftermath Also selling Summon Night 5 PSN Code - $15

#9092 theytookourjobz   We Gotta Go Back CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

theytookourjobz

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Sorry to bring down the mood but I just read that the Senate is going to vote on an internet sales tax bill next week. ;(

#9093 E-104 Epsilon   Weeb Dreamin' CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

E-104 Epsilon

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Sorry to bring down the mood but I just read that the Senate is going to vote on an internet sales tax bill next week. ;(

Us cali-folks already pay sales tax on everything Amazon. There are still loopholes around it though. For example you are charged sales tax after giftcard/promo code discounts. So I buy everything with Amazon gift cards now.

Caskett-V03.png

:360: / :xb1: E104 Epsil |  :ps3: Caskett-V03 | Steam e104_epsilon

#9094 DudeImGodly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2864 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

DudeImGodly

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Us cali-folks already pay sales tax on everything Amazon. There are still loopholes around it though. For example you are charged sales tax after giftcard/promo code discounts. So I buy everything with Amazon gift cards now.

Yup.

#9095 Jack_Frost   Banned Banned   1192 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Jack_Frost

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

same with Texas

#9096 Gumshoe   CAG in Training CAG Veteran   73 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

Cosmo Black 3DS: (A) $109.79; (LN) $113.98.

Can't post links.

#9097 TimesTicking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

TimesTicking

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Cosmo Black 3DS: (A) $109.79; (LN) $113.98.

Can't post links.

http://www.amazon.co...merchant&sr=1-8

#9098 DieGo2SHAE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   856 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

DieGo2SHAE

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Thanks so much for posting this, I had no idea! Back to day-one delivery from Amazon for me!

#9099 TimesTicking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

TimesTicking

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

I pay most of my things with gift card and I still get charged tax...

#9100 edson13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

yea, you still get charged tax even when paying with gift cards.

Promo credit/coupons you do not.

#9101 sittinghawk3   Damn... Kobe CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

sittinghawk3

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

Yea, that works with gamestop and a lot of other places too. The subtotal is what they use to calculate taxes I guess, so after coupons and other discounts what ever remains gets taxed. Also I believe most types of giftcards aren't taxed because the vendor you buy them for is where the tax occurs, unless they provide a service like a visa prepaid or something.

#9102 vwk   Lost Planet Fan CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

Have you ever brought a girl back to your place only to be embarrassed by your greatest hits and platinum hits versions if videogames on the shelves?

Totally cock blocked by box art

so to recap this little discussion is about wanting to pay top dollar for your games...lulz???

vwkiller1412.jpg

#9103 edson13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Yea, that works with gamestop and a lot of other places too. The subtotal is what they use to calculate taxes I guess, so after coupons and other discounts what ever remains gets taxed. Also I believe most types of giftcards aren't taxed because the vendor you buy them for is where the tax occurs, unless they provide a service like a visa prepaid or something.

I think its because gamestop treats it as store credit. Same way you dont get charged tax on reward zone certificates but you do get charged tax on any amount paid with a best buy gift card. Same goes with amazon. Even if you pay an item in full with a gift card, amazon is still going to charge you tax on the full price.

#9104 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:24 AM

It's understandable. Gift cards pay for the item. The promotion only removes part of the cost; it does not pay for part of the item.

I got excited over nothing when I read that the gift card doesn't get taxed.

#9105 Quagmilion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Quagmilion

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Just got my acceptable God of War Ascension.... this thing is brand new, just the wrap was taken off. All codes worked, statue wasn't touched, disc is clean... I sometimes wonder how they judge condition o.O

#9106 Kovorkian   Judoka CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Just got my acceptable God of War Ascension.... this thing is brand new, just the wrap was taken off. All codes worked, statue wasn't touched, disc is clean... I sometimes wonder how they judge condition o.O

was the outer box beat to hell?

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#9107 enigma   DJ Enigma CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

My guess is someone submitted it as "acceptable" and Amazon wasn't going to bump it up to "like new." However, if it was submitted as "like new," they'd certainly bump it down a grade if it warranted it.

This is just conjecture, mind you.

#9108 DealSeeker2U   Seize the deal! CAGiversary!   9124 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

DealSeeker2U

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

This jumped in price:

:psp: 32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card (LN) $86.40

Reposting this as it dropped in a price a bit:
:ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition (G) $34.95

Few other finds:

:360: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (LN) $21.75

:ps3: Tomb Raider (LN) $36.38
:ps3: Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (LN) $11.30 (DLC on disk)
:ps3: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition (LN) $8.59

:ds: Nintendo DS Lite - Metallic Rose (A) $43.80

#9109 Static Stranger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Static Stranger

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Didn't see this posted anywhere and it's not a warehouse deal but Persona 4 Golden on PS Vita is on sale for $29.96

http://www.amazon.co...2&pf_rd_i=typ01

Thanks for the MGS HD collection I just grabbed, been holding off on this since I have all the originals but couldn't pass up on like new condition, hopefully it is like new.

208657.png

#9110 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34903 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

^Thanks, I picked up the RE5: GE.

Didn't see this posted anywhere and it's not a warehouse deal but Persona 4 Golden on PS Vita is on sale for $29.96

http://www.amazon.co...2&pf_rd_i=typ01

There actually is a thread for this: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=341852

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :vita: Zero Time Dilemma (4.5/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#9111 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   1821 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

I always get excited whenever I see that Dealseeker submitted the latest post in this thread. Your efforts are appreciated!

#9112 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   38545 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

The one time I'm here when a 32gb vita card is posted and it costs $20 more than I want to pay :cry:

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#9113 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34903 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

I always get excited whenever I see that Dealseeker submitted the latest post in this thread. Your efforts are appreciated!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who behaves the same way:

*notices the AWD thread was updated*
*notices that DealSeeker2U posted most recently*
*freaks out in anticipation while clicking and waiting to see the new post of deals*

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :vita: Zero Time Dilemma (4.5/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#9114 DudeImGodly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2864 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

DudeImGodly

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

By the way if any of you were on the fence about Tomb Raider, buy it. I finished it in about 12 hours with a 70% overall completion rate.

It's absolutely awesome.

#9115 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4249 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who behaves the same way:

*notices the AWD thread was updated*
*notices that DealSeeker2U posted most recently*
*freaks out in anticipation while clicking and waiting to see the new post of deals*

Me too! :lol:

512847.png

#9116 CAGMoose   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

CAGMoose

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

I hope mine is like that. It comes tomorrow...

#9117 DudeImGodly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2864 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

DudeImGodly

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

I hope mine is like that. It comes tomorrow...

They look at the back on the tag and if it doesn't give a condition they'll use it to fulfill any order.

#9118 Pheria   I play some games. But mostly just buy them. CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

My guess is someone submitted it as "acceptable" and Amazon wasn't going to bump it up to "like new." However, if it was submitted as "like new," they'd certainly bump it down a grade if it warranted it.

This is just conjecture, mind you.

Fortunately Amazon is pretty reasonable with this, and they will bump things up.

I once submitted an old DVD in quite good shape, but since it was so old I couldn't select a condition better than "good" (the others were grayed out).

Once Amazon received it, they sent me an email that they had bumped it up to Very Good or Like New and increased the credit.
Posted Image

#9119 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   9586 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

My Acceptable GoW CE came in with the box smashed and the steelbook with a huge dent. Darn.

Now playing:

:ps4: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Overwatch

:vita: Zero Time Dilemma

#9120 Stellar Inertia   Completionist CAGiversary!   4249 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Stellar Inertia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

My Acceptable GoW CE came in with the box smashed and the steelbook with a huge dent. Darn.

That really sucks. Good luck to you getting a better one in the future though!

512847.png