Project X Zone, the Namco/Capcom/SEGA RPG, comes to NA, EU and AU

PimpLimp

CAGiversary!
IGN reports that the mashup will get localization treatments for all the regions mentioned and is currently set for a summer 2013 release.

I honestly thought this game would never come to the states. Yet another reason why my will is going to break and make me get a 3DS.

[quote name='Josef']So how did this game review? Was it any good?[/QUOTE]I couldn't find much, but Famitsu gave it a 8/9/9/8 or 34 out of 40 possible points. It also sold 85k copies in it's first week in Japan.

I personally haven't heard anything negative about the game, but with the sheer amount of franchises present, I'll probably get it either way.

The negative parts is that the battles can get rather repetitive, especially with the animations. Still, going to buy one day, unless they can sweeten the pot with the preorders.

*does the WOOOOOOO dance* WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
(can you tell I'm excited?)

[quote name='Josef']So how did this game review? Was it any good?[/QUOTE]
It was made partially by Monolift Soft who made Xenoblade so there is a good chance it's going to be at least decent, if not very good.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It was made partially by Monolift Soft who made Xenoblade so there is a good chance it's going to be at least decent, if not very good.[/QUOTE]

But not the people that worked on Xenoblade. It is the same people that made Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.

I really wish they would change the voice acting.. I've seen a few videos and characters like Ken/Ryu sound pretty lame, some sound ok though. Oh well. I'm interested in this game, but sketchy. It looks like it will be really easy and if that's the case I probably won't get it.. what's the point of a strategy game if it doesn't take any strategy to win? A big mash of familiar characters is cool and all, but that alone won't do it for me.

A demo would be nice. I'm just glad to see that games like this are being brought to NA in the first place.. now we just need a Bravely Default announcement.

[quote name='Spuratis']I really wish they would change the voice acting.. I've seen a few videos and characters like Ken/Ryu sound pretty lame, some sound ok though. Oh well. I'm interested in this game, but sketchy. It looks like it will be really easy and if that's the case I probably won't get it.. what's the point of a strategy game if it doesn't take any strategy to win? A big mash of familiar characters is cool and all, but that alone won't do it for me.

A demo would be nice. I'm just glad to see that games like this are being brought to NA in the first place.. now we just need a Bravely Default announcement.[/QUOTE]

There's a New Game+ mode with harder difficulty to challenge players afterward. Anyway, I'm a huge fan of nostalgia so this game will definitely be worth picking up this summer.

Only bad thing is this is coming out the same day as Muramasa Rebirth. I have PXZ preordered & paid off, but I want Muramasa too...may end up getting both. 8-[

Has anyone yet mentioned that all copies of this game are automatically upgraded to Limited Edition?

As if the myriad of IPs that I love weren't enough, even John McClane is making an appearance. Insta-buy.

Am I the only person that would probably scoop up some DLC character packs for this game, if they were available?

According to Joystiq there should be a demo up this Thursday. Here's hoping it makes me keep my pre-order.

"Once I have a solid date for the North American release, I’ll be happy to share that with you.” WTF? I thought June 25th WAS the solid date.

[quote name='Gden']"Once I have a solid date for the North American release, I’ll be happy to share that with you.” WTF? I thought June 25th WAS the solid date.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure that's in reference to the demo, not the actual game itself.

I think that's basically what you do. Near the end of the battle I got a little more familiar with skills and such. I had fun, I'm keeping my pre-order if for no other reason I'm probably skipping Animal Crossing(that ate up enough of my life back on theGamecube) and Mario & Luigi Dream doesn't hit til August.

I tried it, didn't like it as expected.

It's pretty sad that my husband to had to explain to me who Ayame is and what she does in the Sakura Taisen series.

Yeah I recognized Ryu, Ken, and the guy from Dawn of Sorrow.

Actually I've been meaning to play Sakura wars; it kept popping up on best of Wii lists.

I recognized the Sakura Wars characters, mainly because I played the Wii game and watched the anime.

I enjoyed it well enough. Gets crazy with five good guys at once.

However, why only 5 uses? What the F, Capcom?

I played the demo, enjoyed it for what it was.  The Sakura wars characters make me now want to rewatch the OVAs (the only good series, IMO), mostly because of the song playing during ogami and sakura's parts.

Second Project X Zone demo will be released in North America, but no date yet
June 6th, 2013 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Brian | 1 Comment »

Project X Zone has two demos. The first was released in Europe on May 23 and in North America this past Tuesday.

A couple of weeks ago, news popped up indicating that the second Project X Zone demo will be heading to the European 3DS eShop on June 27. We reached out to Namco Bandai in hopes of getting a North American date, but didn’t have much luck. Although Namco Bandai was able to confirm that the second demo will be made available in the states, the company didn’t have a date to share at this time.

Was interested in the game when i saw some gameplay videos. graphics was really great and eye catching. but when i tried the demo last night... All my interest went away. I Just felt like it was too much button pushing and combo making for a strategy game. Deleted the demo right afterwards.

The demo looked interesting but I don't know about 80-90% of the characters and the fighting system is a little too actiony? I don't know how to describe it. 

I played the demo today. It seems interesting but it was mostly button mashing for me. I hope the game is deeper than the demo lets on because I like the core of it.

bread's done
Back