GGT 232 Gets Drunk All Weekend and Doesn't Bother to Post in Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yes, there is a PS3 demo, it's the full game, just needs an unlock key. Not sure what the demo covers, but the game is worth the $12 I paid.

And I still think RCR was garbage.
I got it for free and I still can't be bothered to play it.
[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I'll give it a try sometime here, I enjoy Metroidvania games and the Luchador theme seems interesting. And we can't all like every game, but at least you gave it a shot.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
you guys are insane. i have read comics for the last 14 years or so, and i can tell you that superman is literally unbeatable. he is a god, in every sense of the word. i truly love batman (he is honestly probably my favorite comic book character, which means a lot considering i have multiple comic book tattoos) but kal-el cannot be beaten. his resolve is so strong, his desire to do what he does best so impervious. people that don't actually read that many comics love to cite the dark knight returns, in which he was already being misled by the american government, and had been nuclearly destroyed stopping world war 3. he "lost" to batman, having warned him multiple times about beating him, watching bruce "die" of a heart attack, and showing up at his funeral completely fine. dark knight strikes again shows an old ass bruce once again stopping clark (with the assistance of other heroes) but that book is garbage and no one cares about it.

batman is the better character, but superman is fucking superman. show him some respect.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd say unbeatable, but definitely close. I have no problem agreeing that Supes could easily take Bats in reality though. It's just that when it comes to characters in animes (such as DBZ) they get so crazily overpowered and there's so many different types of storylines and plot holes/twists that they basically become godlike as well, that a fight between Superman and Goku (or quite a few other anime characters) could probably be a standstill in the long run, since even when either of them "die", they always come back anyway.

I would just like to state...
you guys are insane. i have read comics for the last 14 years or so, and i can tell you that superman is literally unbeatable. he is a god, in every sense of the word. i truly love batman (he is honestly probably my favorite comic book character, which means a lot considering i have multiple comic book tattoos) but kal-el cannot be beaten. his resolve is so strong, his desire to do what he does best so impervious. people that don't actually read that many comics love to cite the dark knight returns, in which he was already being misled by the american government, and had been nuclearly destroyed stopping world war 3. he "lost" to batman, having warned him multiple times about beating him, watching bruce "die" of a heart attack, and showing up at his funeral completely fine. dark knight strikes again shows an old ass bruce once again stopping clark (with the assistance of other heroes) but that book is garbage and no one cares about it.

batman is the better character, but superman is fucking superman. show him some respect.[/QUOTE]
Ahaha what the everloving fuck?

7284e0.jpg

pretty sure this guy is the most ridiculous bsg guest star evar

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Guacamelee! is fucking ridiculously awesome. Best $12 I spent on a full game in I don't even know how long.
Also, thus far, it's the best downloadable brawler (2D) and the best downloadable metroidvania type game :)cough:shadowcomplexwho?:cough:) I think I've ever played.
Drinkbox has their spot-on (for me) humor again, and the pop-culture references have been well done, unlike say... Retro City Rampage.
At first I was put off by the luchador theme, but it's grown on me, and this game is just fucking fabulous.
Not sure what the demo on PS3 offers, but try it out.

Whenever the exclusivity on Sony platforms is up (if ever), should it appear on Steam, I will buy it again instantly. Day fucking one. Drinkbox deserves the support.[/QUOTE]

Well after that review, it's worth at least checking out the demo.

batman is the better character, but superman is fucking superman. show him some respect.

a lot of good.[/QUOTE]

Everyone likes to show Batman beating superman after frank miller and later jim lee did it. The trope has gotten kinda stale at this point.

Played a ton of Rayman Origins last night and I actually enjoyed it more this time than last. Not sure why I couldn't get into it last time, but I'm totally loving it now. I don't think I'm terribly far from the end, so I'll probably wrap it up before Injustice drops next week.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Played a ton of Rayman Origins last night and I actually enjoyed it more this time than last. Not sure why I couldn't get into it last time, but I'm totally loving it now. I don't think I'm terribly far from the end, so I'll probably wrap it up before Injustice drops next week.[/QUOTE]

Love that game so fucking much. It's wonderful.
Where are you at?

[quote name='GUNNM']I changed my PSN 4x I'm gonna stick with this one[/QUOTE]

When you finally pick something and stick with it... then add me. :rofl:

[/QUOTE]

No -- the "character", and I use that term loosely, doesn't deserve my respect. He's basically the result of taking a group of 8 year old boys, throwing them in a room with a pile of sugar and then asking them "if you had super hero powers, what would they be?" and getting about every result imaginable. (I know he wasn't created like this, but he might have well as been).

[/QUOTE]

I like you.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']No -- the "character", and I use that term loosely, doesn't deserve my respect. He's basically the result of taking a group of 8 year old boys, throwing them in a room with a pile of sugar and then asking them "if you had super hero powers, what would they be?" and getting about every result imaginable. (I know he wasn't created like this, but he might have well as been).[/QUOTE]
I highly suggest you go read some good Superman stories like Kingdom Come and Red Son.

Also, Guacamelee is awesome. Still having fun with Defiance as well.

I don't know if anyone plays Minecraft, but if you do, I have a story to tell. I've come back to Minecraft after a very long absence.

I saw my first spider jockey. I shit my pants, and though I didn't believe my eyes (I didn't know they existed prior to the introduction), I didn't hesitate to run in the other direction. Even with its arrows pushing me away even faster, I still couldn't get away. The last shot pushed me down into a ravine, whereupon there was splatter and spider jockey shared a hearty laugh with its trusted arachnid steed.

The end.

513px-Spider_Jockey.png

YES, IT'S REAL AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

if comic book heroes dressed less ridiculously and if the ideas behind their powers weren't so tacky and uninspired, maybe i'd join the superhero bandwagon. of course, i guess that's the appeal, isn't it? i don't know. i'm really out of touch with that sort of stuff.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Played a ton of Rayman Origins last night and I actually enjoyed it more this time than last. Not sure why I couldn't get into it last time, but I'm totally loving it now. I don't think I'm terribly far from the end, so I'll probably wrap it up before Injustice drops next week.[/QUOTE]

Dat art. Game's totally gorgeous.

[quote name='panzerfaust']if comic book heroes dressed less ridiculously and if the ideas behind their powers weren't so tacky and uninspired, maybe i'd join the superhero bandwagon. of course, i guess that's the appeal, isn't it? i don't know. i'm really out of touch with that sort of stuff.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on now. Power Girl is just using the assets she was given to help her in her battle against crime and injustice. The boob window is not ridiculous, it's resourceful. :rofl:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I highly suggest you go read some good Superman stories like Kingdom Come and Red Son.
[/QUOTE]

That's like a whole different league when talking about who you like and/or don't and also the character battles like the one with him vs Goku, with comics, there's so many different versions of one character you could be a fan, yet hate the exact same hero, and at the same time that one character could both win and lose a fight against someone else, all depending on what universe they come from. In saying that, a lot of people only know superman for his more cookie cutter character from the cartoons/movies, so it makes sense why some people see him differently.

[quote name='MoCiWe']That's like a whole different league when talking about who you like and/or don't and also the character battles like the one with him vs Goku, with comics, there's so many different versions of one character you could be a fan, yet hate the exact same hero, and at the same time that one character could both win and lose a fight against someone else, all depending on what universe they come from. In saying that, a lot of people only know superman for his more cookie cutter character from the cartoons/movies, so it makes sense why some people see him differently.[/QUOTE]

Gotta ask, which publisher is worse with the alternates? DC or Marvel? Which one has more drastic differences between the alternate realities/timelines?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Gotta ask, which publisher is worse with the alternates? DC or Marvel? Which one has more drastic differences between the alternate realities/timelines?[/QUOTE]
They're about equal in the amount, but I think DC does a far better job of it. To be fair that's because DC has always dealt with a multiverse since the silver age (it went away for a little while, but it came back).

As for the Power Girl bashing, go read the Conner/Palmiotti run on her series. Great run that played off a lot of Peej's perception with people who only know her by her costume. Also Conner's art is fantastic.

[quote name='whoknows']Also

DC > Marvel.

Another life fact.[/QUOTE]
This is true.

Funny thing is I got into comics because my dad read them since he was a kid. He was always a Marvel guy. Thor, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men being his favorite. So I got into comics reading his Marvel stuff. During the 90s when comics turned to shit for the most part I dropped most Marvel stuff and switched to DC. Never looked back except for X-Men which has really become a love/hate relationship with me. So my dad and I always argue over which is better.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Gotcha, I'll give it a try sometime here, I enjoy Metroidvania games and the Luchador theme seems interesting. And we can't all like every game, but at least you gave it a shot.

I don't know if I'd say unbeatable, but definitely close. I have no problem agreeing that Supes could easily take Bats in reality though. It's just that when it comes to characters in animes (such as DBZ) they get so crazily overpowered and there's so many different types of storylines and plot holes/twists that they basically become godlike as well, that a fight between Superman and Goku (or quite a few other anime characters) could probably be a standstill in the long run, since even when either of them "die", they always come back anyway.[/QUOTE]

That's true.

[quote name='The Crotch']I would just like to state...

Ahaha what the everloving fuck?[/QUOTE]

You don't like my drunken rant about Superman?

[quote name='BlueScrote']Everyone likes to show Batman beating superman after frank miller and later jim lee did it. The trope has gotten kinda stale at this point.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
No -- the "character", and I use that term loosely, doesn't deserve my respect. He's basically the result of taking a group of 8 year old boys, throwing them in a room with a pile of sugar and then asking them "if you had super hero powers, what would they be?" and getting about every result imaginable. (I know he wasn't created like this, but he might have well as been).[/QUOTE]

Right, but his creation was before almost every other superhero existed, so it was actually really fresh and novel at the time. The only reason he's perceived that way now is because so many other characters have come out that are rip-offs of him.

[quote name='whoknows']I like you.[/QUOTE]

I like you too :grouphug:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I highly suggest you go read some good Superman stories like Kingdom Come and Red Son.

Also, Guacamelee is awesome. Still having fun with Defiance as well.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, gonna throw in Up Up and Away as another great Superman story.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Gotta ask, which publisher is worse with the alternates? DC or Marvel? Which one has more drastic differences between the alternate realities/timelines?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']They're about equal in the amount, but I think DC does a far better job of it. To be fair that's because DC has always dealt with a multiverse since the silver age (it went away for a little while, but it came back).[/QUOTE]

This. DC has been designed with a multiverse in mind.

[quote name='GUNNM']Marvel has better fighting games.[/QUOTE]

Truth, although it looks like DC is finally going to get a decent one come Tuesday.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Funny thing is I got into comics because my dad read them since he was a kid. He was always a Marvel guy. Thor, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men being his favorite. So I got into comics reading his Marvel stuff. During the 90s when comics turned to shit for the most part I dropped most Marvel stuff and switched to DC. Never looked back except for X-Men which has really become a love/hate relationship with me. So my dad and I always argue over which is better.[/QUOTE]

Your dad sounds like a cool dude.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']They're about equal in the amount, but I think DC does a far better job of it. To be fair that's because DC has always dealt with a multiverse since the silver age (it went away for a little while, but it came back).

As for the Power Girl bashing, go read the Conner/Palmiotti run on her series. Great run that played off a lot of Peej's perception with people who only know her by her costume. Also Conner's art is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, I personally wasn't bashing Power Girl -- I just know that her costume with the "boob window" is considered to be ridiculous among a lot of people, especially those not really into comics, so I was using that to play off Panzer's statement about ridiculous costumes is all.

And I find that surprising, because it seems like there's a huge amount of different Batman and Superman universes or whatever but I don't know enough about Marvel to have encountered a lot outside of Earth-616.

Right, but his creation was before almost every other superhero existed, so it was actually really fresh and novel at the time. The only reason he's perceived that way now is because so many other characters have come out that are rip-offs of him.

Truth, although it looks like DC is finally going to get a decent one come Tuesday.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not following how Superman clones (Supergirl, Superboy, etc?) change the perception of Superman to be overpowered with almost no weaknesses?

And I'm definitely not so sure about Injustice...

Guys, GUYS, GUYS!!!

Set times!!!!!

friday-w1-2013-set-times.original.jpg

saturday-w1-2013-set-times.original.jpg

sunday-w1-2013-set-times.original.jpg

Friday Conflict: Metric, Japandroids and Alt-J.

Saturday Conflict: No real conflict of set times here for me.

Sunday Conflict: Tame Impala and Maya Jane Coles. MJC is a two hour set, so I can always go for half, but who gets the groove on for only an hour!?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Just to be clear, I personally wasn't bashing Power Girl -- I just know that her costume with the "boob window" is considered to be ridiculous among a lot of people, especially those not really into comics, so I was using that to play off Panzer's statement about ridiculous costumes is all.

And I find that surprising, because it seems like there's a huge amount of different Batman and Superman universes or whatever but I don't know enough about Marvel to have encountered a lot outside of Earth-616.

I'm not following how Superman clones (Supergirl, Superboy, etc?) change the perception of Superman to be overpowered with almost no weaknesses?

And I'm definitely not so sure about Injustice...[/QUOTE]
DC does have more universes, but they still handle it better. Granted after New 52 I'm still not sure how many survived.

I think Jimbo was referring more to your comment about respect. While it's easy to not consider Superman anything special today, without him there wouldn't be superheroes.

[quote name='GUNNM']I changed my PSN 4x I'm gonna stick with this one[/QUOTE]
Wow, why so many times?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Love that game so fucking much. It's wonderful.
Where are you at?[/QUOTE]
I'm about to save the Mountain Nymph.

Also, Guacamelee is awesome. Still having fun with Defiance as well.[/QUOTE]
This. Red Son is one of my most favorite stories of all time just because it really shows what Superman could accomplish if he set his will to it. I also think Frosty might like All-Star Superman if he could get past some of the little silly things.

[quote name='dothog']I don't know if anyone plays Minecraft, but if you do, I have a story to tell. I've come back to Minecraft after a very long absence.

I saw my first spider jockey. I shit my pants, and though I didn't believe my eyes (I didn't know they existed prior to the introduction), I didn't hesitate to run in the other direction. Even with its arrows pushing me away even faster, I still couldn't get away. The last shot pushed me down into a ravine, whereupon there was splatter and spider jockey shared a hearty laugh with its trusted arachnid steed.

The end.

513px-Spider_Jockey.png
YES, IT'S REAL AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played in quite some time, but damn. That makes me want to start it up again. :drool:

[quote name='panzerfaust']if comic book heroes dressed less ridiculously and if the ideas behind their powers weren't so tacky and uninspired, maybe i'd join the superhero bandwagon. of course, i guess that's the appeal, isn't it? i don't know. i'm really out of touch with that sort of stuff.[/QUOTE]
You sound like the reason that indie comics exist. After playing CAH against you, I can honestly say that superhero comics aren't for you and with the exceptions of maybe the magic heavy stuff in DC that they probably never will be.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Dat art. Game's totally gorgeous.[/QUOTE]
It really is. Can't fucking get over how beautiful it is.

As Rei said they're pretty equal, but Marvel has been shitting out tons of insane alternate realities over the last 5 years so that most of the DC ones get drowned. So far the favorite at my LCS has been the alternate universe where Cyclops is a black soldier in the Civil War.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']They're about equal in the amount, but I think DC does a far better job of it. To be fair that's because DC has always dealt with a multiverse since the silver age (it went away for a little while, but it came back).

As for the Power Girl bashing, go read the Conner/Palmiotti run on her series. Great run that played off a lot of Peej's perception with people who only know her by her costume. Also Conner's art is fantastic.[/QUOTE]
I agree with all of this wholeheartedly and also throw in the Geoff Johns Power Girl stuff. Really heartbreaking shit.

[quote name='whoknows']Also

DC > Marvel.

Another life fact.[/QUOTE]
Pretty true. Even given that Marvel has been trying to step it up over the last couple of years. Beginning to think that Marvel will never get one up on DC.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']This is true.

Funny thing is I got into comics because my dad read them since he was a kid. He was always a Marvel guy. Thor, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men being his favorite. So I got into comics reading his Marvel stuff. During the 90s when comics turned to shit for the most part I dropped most Marvel stuff and switched to DC. Never looked back except for X-Men which has really become a love/hate relationship with me. So my dad and I always argue over which is better.[/QUOTE]
Change dad to uncle and this is how I got in. The only reason I actually changed over to DC was because of Batman, Superboy, and the Teen Titans. I read a lot of both nowadays though. The most fun I've had in a while is comparing how Marvel and DC does major events and crossovers. Most of the DC ones kick the absolute shit out of Marvel.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

And I'm definitely not so sure about Injustice...[/QUOTE]
Most of that stems from DC having better marketed their alternate universes with different costumes and better stories over the decades. Most of Marvel's alternate universes (outside of Age of Apocalypse) are relegated to pretty c-level books. Check out the Marvel list - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_(Marvel_Comics)

Just Superboy (Supergirl's his cousin). And it's because they aren't as strong as him, I'm guessing? At least that's what I think Jimbo is trying to get at. I think Superman's being overpowered stems from people actually using him to do what he really could if his powers were real. Same with the Flash. His comics really didn't get into what he could actually do with his powers until mid to late 90's. Superboy was almost up to Superman's level when they killed the last DCU, so he may get back up to being that powerful eventually.

Edit: Okay, totally misunderstood things in the beginning. I think Rei was right about it.

[quote name='j-cart']Guys, GUYS, GUYS!!!

Set times!!!!!

Friday Conflict: Metric. [/QUOTE]

k.

That's actually a great lineup for all three days. I'd go for RHCP and Tegan and Sara alone. Totally jelly!!

Did anyone get into the FF XIV: Reborn Beta? Just got my invite a few hours ago. Let me know!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You sound like the reason that indie comics exist. After playing CAH against you, I can honestly say that superhero comics aren't for you and with the exceptions of maybe the magic heavy stuff in DC that they probably never will be.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, Panzer. Superhero comics generally don't work for me, either. Like, I'll read Red Son and Long Halloween and enjoy them well enough, but that's about the extent of it.

You're still the worst Cards Against Humanity player ever, though.

[quote name='The Crotch']Don't worry, Panzer. Superhero comics generally don't work for me, either. Like, I'll read Red Son and Long Halloween and enjoy them well enough, but that's about the extent of it.

You're still the worst Cards Against Humanity player ever, though.[/QUOTE]
This is totally not a surprise to me.

Also, after our last game of CAH, Panzer is truly the worst. Can't wait till we play against Hank.

I missed the post explaining how you guys play online. If you ever need more people, I think it sounds like a blast. Never got to actually play CAH, but we always found a way to make Apples to Apples pretty damned close. Thanks, wildcards.

Join in, Kazimer. Game supports up to eight people. Get the Vassal engine here, and the most recent version of the module and the three main extensions here.[quote name='CaptainJoel']This is totally not a surprise to me.[/QUOTE]
And what's that supposed to mean, huh?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Oh come on now. Power Girl is just using the assets she was given to help her in her battle against crime and injustice. The boob window is not ridiculous, it's resourceful. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Boob window is gone from New 52 outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back