* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

#4351 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2885 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'm not a huge Steam fanatic [mostly cause of my specs] but what are the five games getting these cards and how do you actually attain them? It has my interest.

#4352 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

I'm not a huge Steam fanatic [mostly cause of my specs] but what are the five games getting these cards and how do you actually attain them? It has my interest.

Tomorrow everyone will have access to the "Steam Trading Cards" which has been in Beta for about 2 weeks now.  There are currently about 25 games using this feature, but tomorrow more will be added.  

You purchase the games like normal on Steam, and while playing them you'll be granted a random "Trading Card" for your Steam profile.  A set of these cards can be turned in for a profile background, a Steam badge for your profile, a custom chat emoticon, and a coupon for a random game.

The trading cards can also be sold on the marketplace, which many CAGs do to subsidize the cost of said games.

#4353 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:52 PM

we don't know, but the cards drop in game into your inventory. You have to be in the beta currently, but of course that all changes tomorrow ;)

EDIT: Ninja'd by shackles

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#4354 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8704 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

I predict in the next 24 hours those prices are gonna drop like a rock.

They probably won't... Out of all the games in the trading card beta, Ugly Baby and Zombie Driver HD are among the games with the smallest userbase. Ugly Baby because it's not even finished (it technically is the very first Steam Early Access game)... and Zombie Driver HD because many folks who bought the original whined about how this remake was not "DLC" and stuff so it didn't sell particularly well. Hell, the Ugly Baby devs have already said they don't plan on lowering the price during the Summer Sale.

Almost every other game has a huge install base due to them being Valve games, being in various indie bundles or having ridiculously frequent sales (hi there Magicka).

#4355 travathian   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

So language packs were randomly added.... I see.

Check the very bottom of the page of the Official HL2 group . . .

http://steamcommunity.com/games/70

#4356 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20254 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Well if they add 30 more games x 3 cards x .10 cents...I'm still game...

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#4357 pepsiguy_2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

pepsiguy_2

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

http://www.gamersgat.../DD-DRT3/dirt-3

Friends been bugging me to buy this for ages. Will it go any lower?

TheOnlyAlexLynch.png

#4358 Motiv   A Deuterium persona CAGiversary!   2357 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

I hope they don't release 20+ games with card drops tomorrow, that just seems like overkill and a way to devalue cards even quicker. All of the potential new adopters of card trading will already start with the 25 games released in beta and whatever is planned for tomorrow. I'm guessing 10 games will be announced for the public release.

If Steam wants to prolong the attention and interest of Steam Trading Cards they're best served following a similar schedule with the beta. A set of five games being released every Tuesday and Thursday (or Friday instead to spread things out).

PSN: Deuterium

#4359 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8704 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

To anyone who starts to get the random 1 GB / 3 GB update - stop the download, and restart Steam. This glitch happens once in a while to me, I just restart the client and it goes away.

I got the 3 GB update but then I just restarted Steam and poof, it's gone.

#4360 Komentra   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   2885 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

Tomorrow everyone will have access to the "Steam Trading Cards" which has been in Beta for about 2 weeks now.  There are currently about 25 games using this feature, but tomorrow more will be added.  

You purchase the games like normal on Steam, and while playing them you'll be granted a random "Trading Card" for your Steam profile.  A set of these cards can be turned in for a profile background, a Steam badge for your profile, a custom chat emoticon, and a coupon for a random game.

The trading cards can also be sold on the marketplace, which many CAGs do to subsidize the cost of said games.

That actually sounds very cool. Thanks for the explanation.

#4361 Meowlo   Steam Addict CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

Check the very bottom of the page of the Official HL2 group . . .

http://steamcommunity.com/games/70

I don't see anything contextually.

I just bolded the "3" as a tongue and cheek HL3 conspiracy indicator...

76561197967716198.png

#4362 pepsiguy_2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

pepsiguy_2

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

I don't see anything contextually.

I just bolded the "3" as a tongue and cheek HL3 conspiracy indicator...

"1 event in the next 2 weeks "

1+2=3

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

TheOnlyAlexLynch.png

#4363 Psydero   Today you, tomorrow me. CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

http://www.gamersgat.../DD-DRT3/dirt-3

Friends been bugging me to buy this for ages. Will it go any lower?

Game keys for Dirt 3 were easily gotten for free a year or two ago through AMD's site. Potentially try Ebay for a cheaper code.

My Trade List
Come watch me play video games on Twitch!

#4364 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23559 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

I'll believe Half-Life 3 is coming when DNF finally gets released....

{scratches my head}

Oh, wait a minute...

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4365 NvaderJim   Game Ninja CAGiversary!   603 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

Sucks that tomorrows the only day this week that I wont be home all day.

Posted Image

#4366 Psydero   Today you, tomorrow me. CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

Quick, go buy a tablet!

My Trade List
Come watch me play video games on Twitch!

#4367 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8704 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

Steam Android Client + Remote Downloading = Ready for Card Idling as soon as you get back.

#4368 Pheace   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

A new release game for the 2nd of July added, guess the Summer sale might be around the 12th again after all.

#4369 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:33 AM

A new release game for the 2nd of July added, guess the Summer sale might be around the 12th again after all.

As I pointed out a few days ago, game releases during major sales is a pretty common occurrence and shouldn't be taken as proof of anything.  Mortal Kombat is also scheduled to be released on the 3rd.

#4370 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

Still kinda regretting skipping out on the Rogue Legacy preorder - I am sure it will be bundled but it probably has a few months.

Eh, same here. $10 is too pricey for that sort of game in my opinion, but it looks like something I'd play the heck out of. Castlevania it is not, but I've been craving a good roguelike.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4371 Izod   CheepLikeASpoder CAGiversary!   2294 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:38 AM

Yeah $10 was just out of my range, I'd do $5 in Steam play-money in a heart-beat since I know I'd get my money out of it.  It's just screaming to be a BTA in a bundle though (and it's already in the humblestore so...).  We'll just wait and see I guess.

#4372 Pheace   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:44 AM

As I pointed out a few days ago, game releases during major sales is a pretty common occurrence and shouldn't be taken as proof of anything.  Mortal Kombat is also scheduled to be released on the 3rd.

Not on it's own perhaps no. I still think developers would choose to avoid it if they can.

At this point we have week long sales running till the first of July. Although releases may happen during the Summer sale, I really don't think the new DLC of Civilization would be one of them (currently set on the 11th). Although granted, the Steam summer sale tends to last 10 days so it could fit in between those exactly.

#4373 jshackles   Enhanced Steam Guy CAGiversary!   1637 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

Not on it's own perhaps no. I still think developers would choose to avoid it if they can.

At this point we have week long sales running till the first of July. Although releases may happen during the Summer sale, I really don't think the new DLC of Civilization would be one of them (currently set on the 11th). Although granted, the Steam summer sale tends to last 10 days so it could fit in between those exactly.

Releasing something (especially DLC) during the Summer Sale is actually a pretty smart move for developers.  To my knowledge, nothing released during a sale has ever done so ON SALE unless it's the usual 10-20% off.  It makes sense for them to try to occupy the "New Releases" section on the home page while millions of people are viewing Steam daily.

Last year during the Summer Sale Capcom released a metric ton of Street Fighter X Tekken DLC (at full price) and as I recall the game (though discounted) sold very well that day even though it wasn't a daily deal.

#4374 Pheace   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:05 AM

and as I recall the game (though discounted) sold very well that day even though it wasn't a daily deal.

I have no doubt about that, it was like 80% (wrong probably, but it was a LOT) cheaper or something in Russia, they were probably being bought en masse for trading.

#4375 The Sifu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

Releasing something (especially DLC) during the Summer Sale is actually a pretty smart move for developers.  To my knowledge, nothing released during a sale has ever done so ON SALE unless it's the usual 10-20% off.  It makes sense for them to try to occupy the "New Releases" section on the home page while millions of people are viewing Steam daily.

Last year during the Summer Sale Capcom released a metric ton of Street Fighter X Tekken DLC (at full price) and as I recall the game (though discounted) sold very well that day even though it wasn't a daily deal.

Wasn't Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum released during the 2010 Winter Sale a few years ago at 50% off?  Also, I think Fable: The Lost Chapters came out the first day of the '11 Winter Sale at 75% off (although this might have been in a bundle with all the Fable 3 stuff).

I agree that releasing a product during a period when there are many more potential customers watching the site is a smart move, discount or not.

Posted Image

#4376 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Aaaaaand I finally caught up on the thread.

And there wasn't anything worth multiquoting.  How boring.

For those thanking people for buying Defender's Quest at 66% off now to ensure it will be bundled, I did that back in January.   ;)  Did really well on my card drops when it was added, as a result.  That, and I got to play the game months ago.   :D

Looking forward to seeing what happens to coincide with the card program going live tomorrow.  Expecting some bigger-name games to have been "saved" for this event.

#4377 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6151 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

It has been called to my attention that there is a deadline to claim your steam key for Unepic if you a previous buyer. I went to the website to do so, but I can't figure out how to create an account over there. Then I remembered that somebody posted a quick "how to" for the procedure here on this thread about a week ago. Unfortunately, the search function doesn't work to well on CAG 3.0, so I'm having a little trouble finding. I could manually go through the past 50 or so pages to find it, but who wants to do that?

Anybody remember the magic procedure?

#4378 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

Is anyone else downloading a 3.7 gig update to Half-Life 2?

I'm getting hit with it right now.

I'm getting it as well, at a horrible download speed.

I had the same update, time to play half life 2 in Korean. 

Spoiler

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

proof of half life 3
pepsiguy is actually an antianagram of gaben.

spoderman And tebow like this

midnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#4379 KaOTiK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

It has been called to my attention that there is a deadline to claim your steam key for Unepic if you a previous buyer. I went to the website to do so, but I can't figure out how to create an account over there. Then I remembered that somebody posted a quick "how to" for the procedure here on this thread about a week ago. Unfortunately, the search function doesn't work to well on CAG 3.0, so I'm having a little trouble finding. I could manually go through the past 50 or so pages to find it, but who wants to do that?

Anybody remember the magic procedure?

How to get an Unepic Steam Key if you bought the July Jubilee Indie Royal Bundle:

1) Download the game from your Indie Royale Page or on Desura using the Desura key.
2) Open the game, click the "sign up" button in the top right and input your email.
3) The game asks you to put in a password it has sent out theoretically. In reality, it wants your serial key.
4) Your serial key isn't the Desura key on your Indie Royale Page, use the "ingame items" key that starts with iroa from your Indie Royale page.
5) After putting in your key, go here and use the account you just registered to log in: http://www.unepicgam...m/en/myzone.php
6) Click the "request steam key" button. If it goes through, you've got your key. If not, you have to wait for another key dump. The developer gets them in limited quantities and has had to request more multiple times.

#4380 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10090 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

You do... but... sadly I think the sale still won't start until mid July.  Hope I'm wrong but that would be too nice.