* * * * - 31 votes

The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Backlog on my backlog Pokemanz Spoder sense 2deep4me Summer Seal Trading Cardz

#10021 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Thank you, I will get FO3, if you get me New Vegas, within the week I'll pay you back. Thank you once again for your help!

Alright, it's in my inventory. Add me on Steam and I can trade it over later, I'm headed out to the doctor's office now.

bZ2g3eF.png

#10022 Shifty Effect   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Shifty Effect

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

I highly recommend grabbing Battlefront 2. The PC version is NOT a port and it's unbelievably well done and better than the console version. Not only that, the modding community is awesome, and there's some incredible content out there, like...

Battlefront Conversion Pack
-25 new maps
-New era (KotOR)
-Five new clone legions
-Three new unit classes added to the original classes.
-Over 40 new heroes for CW and GCW, and over 30 heroes for KotOR alone
-Six new game modes
-Nearly 30 new vehicles
-UnOfficial 1.3 patch (includes visual upgrades of 1.2 with shell upgrades)

The "25 new maps" are all the maps from Battlefront one converted to work in BF2. So, uh, yeah. Buy it. Multiplayer is still alive and well, too.

Hmm... who to believe.  :-k

I thought nothing of it before, looks interesting now. How many play this mod, I'd hate to get on this and find out not alot play it.

3okoxn.jpg

Haha, I meant that there really wasn't a big difference in graphic quality overall. FPS...pshh

Join Swagbucks  referral link

Join Bing Rewards referral link

Plus refer your friends and family and increase your points, cash out bucks/points for gift cards

#10023 celegus   Kupo for Kupo Nuts! CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Is there still a separate thread for buying and sharing group packs? I'm interested in Castle Crashers if anyone is getting a group set up.

#10024 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Hrm, just found via Kotaku: THE PSYCHOLOGY BEHIND STEAM’S SUMMER SALE

• Random Reward Schedules

Fresh card-sets need staggered reese's for a multitude of raisins. Where is Rayman Origins for $5? Ain't nobody got time to wait it out for a week. And Stealth Bastard likely won't be part of a flash sale and that cements its DLC at 50%. Those are my only targets. Zimmerman blows.

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#10025 fuze9   piddle patrol, assemble! CAGiversary!   817 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

I'm headed out to the doctor's office now.

Good. We've been hoping you'd get those eyes checked out.

#10026 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5329 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Is there still a separate thread for buying and sharing group packs? I'm interested in Castle Crashers if anyone is getting a group set up.

Yes.

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#10027 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5534 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'm not talking about the lack of features (which I can understand being currently absent), but referring to the fact that earlier today I was having server errors practically every time I refreshed a page (happened multiple times while trying to update the OP, which wound up breaking and having to be partly redone). A few other glitches on top of that and I hope you can understand my frustration :cry:

Yeah, we don't really have any idea what John is doing, but we don't really need to know either. However if you're having serious issues make sure to try and post a reply to the CAG 3.0 so he at least knows about it (Though for the most part it's usually reported).

#10028 awestover89   So Much Backlog CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

awestover89

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

So, not related to Steam (other than as an excuse why I am spending time here instead of actually doing work)

I really hate days I have to cover customer support. Had somebody send an e-mail asking to no longer be contacted. Our support system sends an automatic reply telling people their request was received and their problem should be resolved within 24 hours. She then sends another e-mail complaining that she got another e-mail after requesting to be removed from our list. I responded personally explaining about the automated reply and assuring her that her e-mail was placed on our do-not contact list.

She then complained that I shouldn't have sent her a response if we really had blacklisted her e-mail...

But now the day is done and...

there were no new games I wanted to buy...

Now the question becomes, do I start into one of the Fallouts I bought yesterday, continue playing Two Worlds 2, or just dick around until the new flash sales.

I don't really want to get too invested in a game right now because if Skyrim has a good sale I want to jump right into playing it, but there are some games in my backlog that are itching to be played.

#10029 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

My steam cash disappeared thanks to purchasing SMT 4 for 3DS for my Bday (since the game comes out on my birthday) on the upside. Best buy gave me $40 in reward zone certificates for purchasing Bioshock Infinite instead of $20. Now they charged me $5 instead of when I ordered it.

#10030 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10330 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

...or just dick around until the new flash sales.

That would be my vote. :whee:

Sleed neep.

#10031 SilverPrince   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

SilverPrince

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

Got a copy of Organ Trail for myself and one for my friend. Considering getting Mirror's Edge and I'll probably end up getting the Terraria 4-pack.

#10032 sandman8288   DealMaster CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

sandman8288

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Anyone think To The Moon will go lower than $2.99 during the sale? It's already at 70% off there.

#10033 Miranda   about.me/adnarim CAGiversary!   1654 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

I still haven't really bothered with cards so far. I just play what I want and if it happens to have cards, then I'll get them. But I just noticed I got my first foil after 9 drops from Dust: An Elysian Tail. It's the SmoBop, Fidget, & Bopo card. There weren't any on the market when I first checked, but now there's one at $8.05.

#10034 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5329 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

She then complained that I shouldn't have sent her a response if we really had blacklisted her e-mail...

:rofl:

Now the question becomes, do I start into one of the Fallouts I bought yesterday, continue playing Two Worlds 2, or just dick around until the new flash sales.

I don't really want to get too invested in a game right now because if Skyrim has a good sale I want to jump right into playing it, but there are some games in my backlog that are itching to be played.

I'd say either continue playing TWII or pick up a short game (or 3) which only lasts a few hours long to tide you over until the inevitable Skyrim sale. (Unless you are only interested at 75% off... 'cause that's not going to happen.)

Selling Indie Gala bundles.
Do you buy most IG bundles? PM me or add me on Steam to ask about an IG subscription today! :D

#10035 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1724 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Mirror's Edge is awesome. The gun parts of it aren't that great, but the feel of running around and playing parkour princess is awesome.

Is there xbox controller support for this?

Regardless of blocks, feints, and the three different swing types, the combat is still shallow. I am, however, comparing the game to War of the Roses, which is a completely valid comparison as WotR is the closest "rival" of Chivalry. I came across some melee fighters that weren't idiots about LMB spamming, but across multiple servers, you come across that a LOT. If I'm getting MVP multiple times in my first handful of games, there are a lot of fucktards playing this game. It's just not a complex combat system at all, and many times it feels like rock paper scissors with who's gonna block, who's gonna feint, who's gonna attack. Again, comparing it to WotR, which I honestly believe did a vastly better job at this.

It's hilarious to me every time I see people say "I've never had lag" in a game. Congratulations, but the other 90% of people playing this game have.

And my preconceptions of the game are being misunderstood by you. I bought Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for $40. I enjoy "dumb fun" games, so when you're seeing my "preconception" as a negative thing, you're completely off base. I've already recommended Chivalry to people before playing it because of what I've heard about it, so I never had negative preconceptions about this game. Why do you think I bought it? :\

Being in Hawaii only sucks (badly) for lag/ping when I can't find servers nearby (I have a hard time finding close WotR servers, for instance). There are loads of west coast servers for Chivalry, so every game I played was between 50 and 100 ping, which is great. The rubberbanding issues are not on my end. That said, I'm gonna see if there are any official servers on the west coast and give those a shot too.

I didn't read all of idiot's posts TLDR, but I agree with his take after having played both. WotR is very close the M&B Warband which I love. But chivalry is good too. Definitely pick them up if on the fence when they go on sale again.

So any recommendations for Sanctum or Oregon Trail?

Also is there a way for the outline of quoted posts to show better? Other than the indented paragraph, I can barely tell what I wrote and what I quoted.

#10036 awestover89   So Much Backlog CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

awestover89

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

:rofl:

I'd say either continue playing TWII or pick up a short game (or 3) which only lasts a few hours long to tide you over until the inevitable Skyrim sale. (Unless you are only interested at 75% off... 'cause that's not going to happen.)

75% insta buy and do a dance. I'll even post it to YouTube

66% insta buy but no dance. You didn't earn it, GabeN

50% think about it for a moment, but it'll be a buy

40% like the flash sale... sorry GabeN, but you had your chance. Maybe GMG or GG will have Legendary for $30 or under eventually.

#10037 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23566 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

Mirror's Edge is awesome. The gun parts of it aren't that great, but the feel of running around and playing parkour princess is awesome.

THIS!

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10038 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

So, not related to Steam (other than as an excuse why I am spending time here instead of actually doing work)

I really hate days I have to cover customer support. Had somebody send an e-mail asking to no longer be contacted. Our support system sends an automatic reply telling people their request was received and their problem should be resolved within 24 hours. She then sends another e-mail complaining that she got another e-mail after requesting to be removed from our list. I responded personally explaining about the automated reply and assuring her that her e-mail was placed on our do-not contact list.

But now the day is done and...

there were no new games I wanted to buy...

Word? I didn't peg Mooby as a pseudo-ogre with an effeminate voice. Cool CAG connection though.

What's in my trunk?

white             girl

#10039 unreasonablepenguin   I wish to be furry CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

unreasonablepenguin

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

I have it on Origin and it works fine with an xbox controller.

Is Mirror's Edge actually $5.99 on the US store? For once in my life, I have seen the NZ store be cheaper on a game 

#10040 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5534 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

I know Xbox 360 controllers work natively with the game. I can't speak of other third party controllers.

#10041 Mr Unoriginal   Cheap Amish Gamer CAGiversary!   7456 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Mr Unoriginal

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Is the Killing Floor on sale the main game or an expansion?  Also, are people still playing it?

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#10042 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   3711 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Made my first summer sale purchase with Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for $5.

#10043 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3179 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

I just bought Organ Trail and it gave me three summer cards and I am not sure why it gave me three cards.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#10044 Recon116   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Is the Killing Floor on sale the main game or an expansion?  Also, are people still playing it?

Killing Floor doesn't have any "expansions." The developer of the game runs events during the seasonal steam sales like this one.

There are 11000+ people playing it right now.

steam_sig.png

#10045 DaiMonPaul   On the Fringe CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Anyone think To The Moon will go lower than $2.99 during the sale? It's already at 70% off there.

I doubt it, but anything is possible.  If you want to pick it up for the cheapest that you can, it's probably best to wait until the last day of the sale.

#10046 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23566 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

30% off voucher available at GMG right now: http://blog.playfire...i-and-more.html

Of note:

$21 Civ V: Brave New World

$21 Mortal Kombat Komplete

$14 Bioshock Infinite Season Pass

$8.40 Final Fantasy 7

All cheaper than current Steam sale prices and likely that we won't see Steam beat them this sale.

I wish MK Komplete would get even cheaper. ;)

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10047 imac2much   The Angry Baker CAGiversary!   787 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

Has anyone here played Resident Evil 6 yet?  I loved RE4 and never got past an hour in RE5.  I've read very mixed things about RE6.  It's $12 on GG UK site with 20% discount, and considering this is Capcom I'm tempted to bite.  Any opinions?

Posted Image

#10048 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23566 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'm in the same boat.  I'd love to play Dishonored, but I can't justify spending $10 for a game that will probably go on the backlog and could possibly see a GOTY edition with all the DLC included.

My rule of thumb = 75% off or better is the "okay" price for backlogging games.

Dishonored is just NOT a game that should go into the backlog.

If you are actually buying it this time around (below 75% off), play it ASAP.

I should note: Dishonored is my favorite game of 2012.

#10049 Zenaphobe Zerj   Deep Sea Lurker CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Zenaphobe Zerj

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

Since it's going to be a few slow hours for Flash sale, I would like to thank everyone here at the steam thread at CAG. You guys have helped me become a poster and less of a lurker. Also thanks for reading this sad excuse for a post XD

#10050 ninjaculate   Wat CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

ninjaculate

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

Finally bit on Organ Trail, Terraria and Castle Crashers. Still have 10 or so games I need to get that I'm hoping will get to a lower price.