* * * * - 6 votes

The NEW Pre-Order Bonuses Thread

#31 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

I think I got everything fixed (for the most part). For some reason the spoiler tag for Saints Row IV in the PS3 section isn't working right, but oh well. I'll probably get the PS4 and XBONE sections added tomorrow. I really can't decide if I should add a PC section, so I started a poll. Vote yes if you want the PC section added or no if you don't care. I also added Target to the Madden 25 list (Thanks MSUHitman).

thanks for your hard work

#32 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Are there ever any pre-order bonuses for Nintendo games? Pokemon X/Y in particular. There doesn't seem to be anything now, but I'm wondering if such things will show up later. One of my kids is saving up to pre-order (one or the other) and he'd read that Gamestop was going to have a pre-order bonus pokemon or something, but I see no evidence of that at Gamestop.com.

#33 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4963 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

Maybe there should be a multiplatform section to save a lot of space as most games will be on 360/ps3, xbox1/ps4, or all and receive the bonuses

#34 cjenvy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Are there ever any pre-order bonuses for Nintendo games? Pokemon X/Y in particular. There doesn't seem to be anything now, but I'm wondering if such things will show up later. One of my kids is saving up to pre-order (one or the other) and he'd read that Gamestop was going to have a pre-order bonus pokemon or something, but I see no evidence of that at Gamestop.com.

it wouldnt suprise me one way or the other but what he did see was an announcement for new event pokemon at gamestop through october which also includes a preorder pitch(which is likely what got him confused)

#35 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3387 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

Hmmm....Definitely tempted to pre-order NHL 14 for those HUT Gold Packs

#36 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1675 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Target has reservation cards for these, you put $1 down, and get a $5 gift card when you pick it up.  I haven't seen any in-game bonuses and nothing for Gamestop in particular.  I remember them trying to use the Pokemon they give out free over Wi-Fi as pre-order incentives for other games, but in reality, you didn't have to pre-order to get them.

Also, the Vita listing for Dragon's Crown seems like it is still off.  It's showing some kind of machine gun, I think from the Killzone pre-order?

#37 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Some gamestops are just handing them out with preorders. It seems like many places got more than they have preorders, so this will be a VERY common artbook. With that said, I am disappointed with it. It seems to have that cheap ink we saw on the Demon Souls CE guidebook (but it has a gloss on it), since I've only had it for a few hours and it has a bunch of wear. The pages are also the same quality of the Demon Souls guidebook. Overall it feels pretty cheap, but it's a fair size / decent artwork. Would have been nice to at least have every enemy in the game. =\ 

It doesn't sound like it's worth getting the game Day 1 for that pre-order bonus artbook.

Guess I'll just wait for Dragon's Crown to get cheaper, and probably get that Killer is Dead LE instead.

#38 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

It doesn't sound like it's worth getting the game Day 1 for that pre-order bonus artbook.

Guess I'll just wait for Dragon's Crown to get cheaper, and probably get that Killer is Dead LE instead.

I seem to be in the minority, but the one thing I can assure you is that the art book will have a plentiful supply. 

#39 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:39 PM

I seem to be in the minority, but the one thing I can assure you is that the art book will have a plentiful supply. 

Hopefully Amazon will have some leftover for a sale on the game.

But if not, it's all good. I'll just wait for UDON to maybe bring over all the Vanillaware artbooks one day or import it myself if I end up loving the game that much.

#40 Ionotropic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1810 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F bonus theme + costume

http://www.gamestop....1#bonusFeatures

#41 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4963 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

what if you preorder this week :-?

#42 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

what if you preorder this week :-?

I went yesterday and they had a stack of at least 4, so I wouldn't worry. 

#43 gogomo  

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

GS is giving away posters for pre-orders of GTA5 (if your store still has them in stock, I guess).

#44 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2981 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Maybe there should be a multiplatform section to save a lot of space as most games will be on 360/ps3, xbox1/ps4, or all and receive the bonuses

that's what I said.. why repeat the game 4 times for 4 different platforms, just put everything under 1 game.

#45 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11134 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - :360: / :ps3: 9/3/2013

Amazon - "Schoolgirl" Costume DLC for Mila, Kokoro, Leifang, and Hitomi

Gamestop - "J-Pop" Costume DLC for Ayane and Kasumi; "Bad Girl" Costume DLC for Lisa, Rachel, Helena, Momiji, Tina, and Christie

#46 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3387 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - :360: / :ps3: 9/3/2013

Amazon - "Schoolgirl" Costume DLC for Mila, Kokoro, Leifang, and Hitomi

Gamestop - "J-Pop" Costume DLC for Ayane and Kasumi; "Bad Girl" Costume DLC for Lisa, Rachel, Helena, Momiji, Tina, and Christie

I feel dirty just reading this...

#47 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11134 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

I feel dirty just reading this...

:lol:

#48 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

To the OP I really like how you organized all the pre-orders for the games and its much easier to find. Hopefully you update the list soon by adding more games and the new consoles that come out this holiday :D

#49 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14163 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection gets an artbook for GS & Amazon preorders on Sept. 10.

#50 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14163 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Well my store only got 5 copies of the game with 2 preorders, one of which was canceled after reviews came out, and only 4 artbooks.

#51 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14163 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Gamestop also adds Steve Young and Jerry Rice to the franchise/ULT pack as a seperate code if you're a free/paid PUR member. If not PUR then all you get is Walsh, Debartolo, and Montana.

#52 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:39 PM

Well my store only got 5 copies of the game with 2 preorders, one of which was canceled after reviews came out, and only 4 artbooks.

You don't consider a nearly 1:1 ratio with first run copies plentiful? 

#53 Estbarul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

Fifa 14, with the compensation 20% discount, comes as a pre order in Gamersgate is 32$, with a 10$ credit in blue coins, Origin http://www.gamersgat...-FIFA14/fifa-14

#54 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Anybody know when the last day to preorder Disney Infinity at Toys R Us would be?

#55 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2086 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:34 PM

Not sure if we're counting these as pre-order bonuses, but technically they are bonuses:

- Gamestop - BF4: code for Air Shortcut DLC in BF3

- Gamestop - CoD Ghosts: code for personalization pack in BO2

#56 jos2h  

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

Pre-ordered pokemon X today at Gamestop, they gave me a doubled sided poster (one side is map of new land [KALOS] / other side has both X and Y mascots on it)

#57 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

I know this is for PC only but when you pre-order "The Elder Scrolls Anthology" at Amazon you Get $10 Amazon Credit back!!!‏

#58 PimpBot2000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   420 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

PimpBot2000

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

I just noticed that both Gamestop and Amazon are sold out of the bonus art book for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5. It looks like they're only taking orders for the standard edition now.

#59 willardhaven   Thief of Life CAGiversary!   7086 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

willardhaven

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Do you think they'll bump up standard orders to the limited at this point? I might have to order from Best Buy since I forgot about this one.

#60 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Do you think they'll bump up standard orders to the limited at this point? I might have to order from Best Buy since I forgot about this one.

all preorder copies of kingdom heart hd remix 1.5 will come with the artbook.