Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 Free Preowned (Pro members only, NOT THE RENEWAL COUPON!) 8/30-9-2

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
This looks to be a coupon all Power up rewards *PRO* members will receive some time in the next few days. It will be valid from 8-30 to 9-2. To be clear you WILL nee to be a PRO member to receive this, this is not the coupon for renewing, merely a coupon going out to ALL pro members, and will be good for the small time period.

It is mentioned in the "Xtra Points" section of the poweruprewards.com website, and a survey can be done regarding your interest in it, although it is not mandatory from what I can tell.

Whats some good games to get? I know one of my GS stores have SR4 and the Last of Us, so I will think about those. Would prefer the games be on the 360

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!  Thanks, OP.  Hopefully I can have great luck like last time I used one, but they'd have to run their 50% bonus trade-in again simultaneously for that to happen.

Had some discussion on this in the Gamestop trade thread earlier.  Here's the shot I uploaded of the details:

30svxbm.jpg

Trade and sale prices are going to fluctuate so probably won't know until Monday what the best options are going to be for maximizing value.  My fall back plan is to get two copies of Pokemon Black V2 and a copy of White V2 (to go with the copy of White V2 I already have) working out to about $20 a game.  Then will use them towards the trade two offer since there's not a lot of other good GS to GS trades at the moment and that one probably won't change by the time the coupon's good.

This looks to be a coupon all Power up rewards *PRO* members will receive some time in the next few days. It will be valid from 8-30 to 9-2. To be clear you WILL nee to be a PRO member to receive this, this is not the coupon for renewing, merely a coupon going out to ALL pro members, and will be good for the small time period.

It is mentioned in the "Xtra Points" section of the poweruprewards.com website, and a survey can be done regarding your interest in it, although it is not mandatory from what I can tell.

How are you seeing this? I am pro and I only see this listed there-

PUR_xp_comingsoon.jpg

Am I missing something?

Had some discussion on this in the Gamestop trade thread earlier. Here's the shot I uploaded of the details:

Trade and sale prices are going to fluctuate so probably won't know until Monday what the best options are going to be for maximizing value. My fall back plan is to get two copies of Pokemon Black V2 and a copy of White V2 (to go with the copy of White V2 I already have) working out to about $20 a game. Then will use them towards the trade two offer since there's not a lot of other good GS to GS trades at the moment and that one probably won't change by the time the coupon's good.
Yeah but I mean that pretty much just cashes out the coupon at $10 or so. If you plan it right, it comes out to 43% (before the 10% from PRO, which also stacks) off three games, and if you can't figure out some games to pickup on the cheap, you are nuts.

Had some discussion on this in the Gamestop trade thread earlier. Here's the shot I uploaded of the details:

30svxbm.jpg

Trade and sale prices are going to fluctuate so probably won't know until Monday what the best options are going to be for maximizing value. My fall back plan is to get two copies of Pokemon Black V2 and a copy of White V2 (to go with the copy of White V2 I already have) working out to about $20 a game. Then will use them towards the trade two offer since there's not a lot of other good GS to GS trades at the moment and that one probably won't change by the time the coupon's good.
How many times are you going to do that trade 2 promo? Your relentless. Im scared to even do it a second time and return the game. I get these ugly looks on returns.

How are you seeing this?
It's targeted advertising/market research so not everyone gets Xtra Point offers or even the same ones.

Yeah but I mean that pretty much just cashes out the coupon at $10 or so. If you plan it right, it comes out to 43% (before the 10% from PRO, which also stacks) off three games, and if you can't figure out some games to pickup on the cheap, you are nuts.
Well $15 on three games. Hoping something else comes up that's better but that's my backup plan. There's really nothing that I want and don't have right now that would be worth using it on. My backlog's grown from out of control to just plain stupid with the 3 for $10 sale. With the PS4 coming up and about to drop $400 of credit on it I would rather build more credit than buy games that I won't play until they're $10.

How many times are you going to do that trade 2 promo? Your relentless. Im scared to even do it a second time and return the game. I get these ugly looks on returns.

Already done it four times this week and other than today with someone I don't usually deal with haven't had any issues. These would probably be the last times though since that pretty much exhausts the games currently on the list that I haven't traded and are easier to get a hold of at a reasonable price.

How are you seeing this? I am pro and I only see this listed there-

Am I missing something?
For the longest time I only saw the exact same thing, but it has since changed for me within the last month around two weeks ago. So you mostly are just missing little 10 point surveys, but this seemed to have popped up recently (today?). It is essentially a survery asking if you are planning to take advantage of it, what your favorite perk of PUR Pro is, ETC. But it seems to be a PRO exclusive offer, and I would ASSUME go out to everyone.

I saw it too, but I figured it might just be a fake ad to see how we would react to it in regards to the survey.
No, it's real. The employee at the store I was at today knew it was upcoming and said he thinks they're getting signage in for it.

For the longest time I only saw the exact same thing, but it has since changed for me within the last month around two weeks ago. So you mostly are just missing little 10 point surveys, but this seemed to have popped up recently (today?). It is essentially a survery asking if you are planning to take advantage of it, what your favorite perk of PUR Pro is, ETC. But it seems to be a PRO exclusive offer, and I would ASSUME go out to everyone.
It should. Probably will go out right before the sale starts.

No, it's real. The employee at the store I was at today knew it was upcoming and said he thinks they're getting signage in for it.

It should. Probably will go out right before the sale starts.
Cool. I'm impressed that they are doing signage to promote a coupon that shows up in the poweruprewards account. I guess it's a good reason to get people to subscribe.

Do you guys think the coupons will be unique barcodes like that Playstation collection coupon a while back that only certain people got? Or do you think it will be a generic barcode like the infamous b-day coupon?

Cool. I'm impressed that they are doing signage to promote a coupon that shows up in the poweruprewards account. I guess it's a good reason to get people to subscribe.

Do you guys think the coupons will be unique barcodes like that Playstation collection coupon a while back that only certain people got? Or do you think it will be a generic barcode like the infamous b-day coupon?
i highly doubt these will be generic. these will for sure be one time use coupon as its going to specific rewards members! PRO MEMBERS UNITE!

There might not be signage, he was just saying that he believed that they were.

They will be unique barcodes since it's going to go out to your PUR account and be one use. This would be a cray cray sale otherwise.

I can buy games now to secure them, and then return/buy with this promo, right?

Also, how would we stack the birthday coupon with this? Does it have to be a different price for the most expensive or can they all be the same or?

I can buy games now to secure them, and then return/buy with this promo, right?

Also, how would we stack the birthday coupon with this? Does it have to be a different price for the most expensive or can they all be the same or?

Pretty much this. I need place holders for Saints Row 4 (2 copies), can i buy 3 copies of TLOU, and then just exchange them later on for SR 4. I need tonite the bday coupon and my PUR points.,

Pretty much this. I need place holders for Saints Row 4 (2 copies), can i buy 3 copies of TLOU, and then just exchange them later on for SR 4. I need tonite the bday coupon and my PUR points.,
Want to snag 2 copies of Payday 2, one for a run, and then have to see the third game to get.

"Xtra Points" still coming soon.  not sure why some people have had access to it for weeks.

for what it's worth I didn't officially receive an email about the birthday coupon during my birthday month.

One thing to remember is on these coupons usually you can only get 3 games with them. It won't discount multiples of 3 like the storewide B2G1F deals generally will.

But I was planning to buy ALL THE GAMES.
We'll have to wait until Friday for sure but since the renewal coupons don't work on more than 3 games I doubt these will either.

Reason I was told why GS hasn't had B2G1 across systems since Thanksgiving was GS corporate thought their preowned inventory was too low last holiday season. That's the reason why trade promos have been so heavy and the stores have been graded heavily on their trade volume is GS is expecting to sell a ton of preowned stuff this holiday.

While we will be salivating on next-gen hardware and games, those still on PS2's and Wii's for whatever reason will feast on current gen preowned systems and games.

We'll have to wait until Friday for sure but since the renewal coupons don't work on more than 3 games I doubt these will either.
Says one coupon per customer and it can't be combined with any offer so yeah it's very likely one per person. It's for the best with the way I've been shopping at GS lately. Been there the last three days now.

I assume this isn't just games?

I just purchased a pre owned memory card for my Vita, and noticed a used Wii U Pro controller I'd like to grab.

Thanks OP, I would have totally missed this.

I just purchased a pre owned memory card for my Vita, and noticed a used Wii U Pro controller I'd like to grab.
you just had to read back on the previous page that the screenshot (from the PUR xtra points) indicate that it's preowned products with some fine print exceptions. See post #4.

Yeah I posted a shot on the first page, should work fine on accessories since it's worded the same as the PUR renewal coupon.

bread's done
Back