* * * * - 37 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/24: Holiday Sale Wk 4 (Proteus, DuckTales, Hotline Miami, Castle of Illusion)! Walking Dead S2 Season Pass $15!

PS3 Vita PSP PlayStation Store PSN PlayStation Plus Deals PS1 PS2 PS+

#9841 stillshadow   Arcade Nostalgiac CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

stillshadow

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

Developers could and should start looking at platform agnostic cloud saves so people can move between consoles and PC. I think a lot of people would even pay a little bit for that. A dollar to unlock cloud saving for a title would be enough to cover storage costs, easily.

Sign me up. The fact that it's never been tried before makes me wonder if the console makers have some rule against it? I don't know why they would, though. Seems like good business for everyone.

I don't see a whole lot of talk about the $50 PayPal thing for $10 back. I think it's a great deal. I don't have to buy $50 worth of games I might not want in some arbitrary time period. I never do those. This lets me have funds sit in my wallet that I will eventually use. Going to do it right now.

#9842 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:01 AM

I don't see a whole lot of talk about the $50 PayPal thing for $10 back. I think it's a great deal. I don't have to buy $50 worth of games I might not want in some arbitrary time period. I never do those. This lets me have funds sit in my wallet that I will eventually use. Going to do it right now.

I figured people would be jonesed for the $50 + $10 thing because they can leave it sitting in their wallets until the next Spend $50, get $10 and effectively get 40% back.

#9843 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7566 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

Am I missing out if I've haven't played any Pixeljunk Shooter games? I'm thinking about buying 1 and 2 for $5.

#9844 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

I figured people would be jonesed for the $50 + $10 thing because they can leave it sitting in their wallets until the next Spend $50, get $10 and effectively get 40% back.

If I could use a $50 card and get $10 I would be all over it, having to pay from non-Amy supporting PayPal kills it for me when all my PSN funds come from store credit.

#9845 TheCro   wot CAGiversary!   4609 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:11 AM

Sign me up. The fact that it's never been tried before makes me wonder if the console makers have some rule against it? I don't know why they would, though. Seems like good business for everyone.

Pretty tempted to do it, especially considering you can stack it later with a  buy 50 get 10 promo. 

#9846 stillshadow   Arcade Nostalgiac CAGiversary!   967 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

stillshadow

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

Nothing gets by you guys. I didn't even think of the double stacking capabilities. Although, like I said, I'm usually hard up to find $50 worth of good deals in the promo periods.

Pixeljunk Shooters are great if you've never tried them. Kind of old-school r-type kind of space shooting but with some Metroidvania mixed in.

#9847 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   70343 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:27 AM

Am I missing out if I've haven't played any Pixeljunk Shooter games? I'm thinking about buying 1 and 2 for $5.

You are definitely missing out by not having played Shooter 2, though the first game isn't on sale. It's just 2 and the shmup spin-off Sidescroller.

#9848 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2488 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

Until someone spends your $60 on FIFA cards.

#9849 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

Until someone spends your $60 on FIFA cards.

No EA account. I'm safe :-)

#9850 rocko562   Xero CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

Does anyone know what DLC came with Borderlands 2 on ps+..i want to buy the season pass but i have the 2 additional character classes, Gaige the Mechromancer and Krieg the Psycho, for free. Were they just free?

#9851 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

first of all, you can look at my post history. I don't feel the need to whine on here. second of all, you already posted in this same thread numerous times about your apparent belief that the PS4 is not being supported properly because it is not getting free games a month after it has released. so yes, i think that is a whine because you are simply repeating the same thing over again and no one wants to hear it.

stopped reading after the first couple lines because you again implied that "whine" is synonymous with "displeasure."

My beef isn't with you, random dude I never cared to speak with; it's with Sony. Take up boxing, if you want to keep starting fights. It'll get you away from the keyboard to boot.

#9852 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1814 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

Does anyone know what DLC came with Borderlands 2 on ps+..i want to buy the season pass but i have the 2 additional character classes, Gaige the Mechromancer and Krieg the Psycho, for free. Were they just free?

Mechro was free with premire club, krieg was a paid pack.  Each 9.99

#9853 rocko562   Xero CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

So i just got them both for free??  :-k

Mechro was free with premire club, krieg was a paid pack.  Each 9.99

#9854 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

stopped reading after the first couple lines because you again implied that "whine" is synonymous with "displeasure."

My beef isn't with you, random dude I never cared to speak with; it's with Sony. Take up boxing, if you want to keep starting fights. It'll get you away from the keyboard to boot.

Whiny female dog.

#9855 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

You guys have inspired me to run through the quick platinums in my backlog.

#9856 TheCro   wot CAGiversary!   4609 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

Nothing gets by you guys. I didn't even think of the double stacking capabilities. Although, like I said, I'm usually hard up to find $50 worth of good deals in the promo periods.

Pixeljunk Shooters are great if you've never tried them. Kind of old-school r-type kind of space shooting but with some Metroidvania mixed in.

Yeah, I usually don't spend 50 at once, but I've been holding off on buying BF4 premium until one of these promos starts. Hopefully it comes out before the 2nd map pack.

#9857 scaryice   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

Did you try selecting them? I think they show up on the selection screen for everyone, but you still have to purchase them to use them.

#9858 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7670 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

Signed up just for the leaderboard. #49, not bad considering I haven't regularly played PS3 in about 2 years now.

#9859 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11549 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:22 AM

Do you remember what you did, maybe you stumbled upon some type of glitch.

#9860 diishen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

Good you should be! No I can not confirm or deny the cheapest it has been... but Limbo is one of those few games that live up to the hype. Bastion is one of the other games that absolutely lived up the hype. Obviously this is my opinion and some people may disagree, but I have only met one gamer that truly didn't like Limbo and I was honestly surprised. Also, I see you are playing Remember Me ( Not stalking you, but your sig is showing the trophies) What do you think of it?

Sweet thanks for the recommendation, I'll grab Limbo now. 

Remember Me is mediocre at best but I see so much potential for it throughout the game and wish they took more time to refine it. The story is bland and lackluster, gameplay is very linear and combat is inferior in depth compared to most third person action RPG (GoW, AC, and DMC especially, since it's also from Capcom). However, I really like the setting and environment of the world, and I dig the music.

I bought it from GF for cheap so I don't regret the ride but wouldn't pay over $15 for it. 

#9861 DietCokeJunkey   Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

Joined that leaderboard. #127, well at least I'm not last.

#9862 Zimm108   That reminds me of prom night CAGiversary!   10983 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Can't you sync saves in Portal 2 between PS3 & Steam? I know you can play co-op on PS3 with a dude on a PC, but I'm pretty sure your save syncs so you could continue your game on Steam if you wanted.

#9863 Thermopyle  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Joined that leaderboard. #127, well at least I'm not last.

I'd join, but I'd be last. I don't think I have a single gold or plat. :)

#9864 rioskenny   Senpai CAGiversary!   330 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

guacamelee is awesome. hopefully next week we get more vita games on sale!

#9865 Thermopyle  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

guacamelee is awesome. hopefully next week we get more vita games on sale!

I'm really hoping for a Square sale. They've got big sales going on iOS and Android right now, and a big physical media sale on their website. I'll be pissed if we get nothing.

#9866 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm really hoping for a Square sale. They've got big sales going on iOS and Android right now, and a big physical media sale on their website. I'll be pissed if we get nothing.

What do you want from them off of PSN?

#9867 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1528 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

whining is voicing displeasure incessantly, which is what you are doing. this site is about finding and sharing deals on video games, not about constantly "voicing displeasure." it would be one thing if you "voiced your displeasure" and left it at that, but you feel the need to do this all over and over again. i am not the only person that has pointed it out to you just in THIS thread alone. finally, if your "beef" is with sony, why don;t you do what i said in my first post and complain to them on the blog and stop doing it here?

#9868 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2494 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

How do I join that cag TT leaderboard because I'm interested in comparing stats?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. I'm number 27. Not as bad as I thought.

#9869 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

What do you want from them off of PSN?

They haven't had a Final Fantasy sale in a long time have they? That would be nice.

#9870 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13760 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

They haven't had a Final Fantasy sale in a long time have they? That would be nice.

Which games would you want? I heard most of the older ones aren't really good.