* * * - - 31 votes

The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

#481 pROvIs   Clash With Reality CAGiversary!   2899 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

Anyone know if it's safe to sell it on eBay and then change the Amazon shipping address to the buyers? I see a lot of eBay listings posting this so that the buyer gets it on launch day but I'm not so sure if it's safe or right do so.

Anyone know if this is okay? Thinking of putting up the XOne on eBay and offer that method of shipping so that I don't need to have it shipped out again when it gets to me.

It's been discussed before. You can ship this way but you will not be covered by Paypal Seller Protection because you will not have signature confirmation.

#482 TrippinGamer  

TrippinGamer

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

It's been discussed before. You can ship this way but you will not be covered by Paypal Seller Protection because you will not have signature confirmation.

Think it's worth it? I see XOnes that offer this shipping method go up to $750 compared to the other listings with regular shipping at $680.

#483 pROvIs   Clash With Reality CAGiversary!   2899 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

Think it's worth it? I see XOnes that offer this shipping method go up to $750 compared to the other listings with regular shipping at $680.

Your call but if you ship that way all the buyer needs to do is open a dispute and you lose. You haven't met the qualifications for protection and wont be able to prove shipment.

#484 John Wayne  

John Wayne

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

One more question about Amazon orders. I will not have the buyer's money in my CC for them to charge when they start shipping, which is either tomorrow or thursday. Will they immediately cancel my pre-orders when there are insufficient funds in the next 2 days or will they try for a week, like usually? If so, will I lose my spot in the line?

#485 ps4hypo  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

One more question about Amazon orders. I will not have the buyer's money in my CC for them to charge when they start shipping, which is either tomorrow or thursday. Will they immediately cancel my pre-orders when there are insufficient funds in the next 2 days or will they try for a week, like usually? If so, will I lose my spot in the line?

I think you are playing with fire bro, if you are a new seller on Ebay PayPal is going to hold the funds until the buyer receives the item and up to 3 days afterward unless buyer leaves positive feedback, then you will get it in 2 days after delivery. If you do not have the funds when your card is attempted authorization you could very well lose your spot in line if not the pre-order all together. Plus changing delivery address this close to launch is a bad idea. Also as stated above if you have a swindler for a buyer and you do not get signature confirmation you automatically lose a dispute no questions asked and the buyer doesn't have to ship back if they claim the item wasn't received or that you sent a box full of magazines(SNAD claim). i am willing to bet there are buyers on Ebay targeting amazon sellers for a free system or two because they will only be out of their funds for a few days and Paypal will give it back. If I were you i would pay off you system with gift cards and wait until you have it in hand before selling/shipping or give up the thought of selling on EBay and try craigslist(wisely), it could save you a lot of headache and a lot of money. Just my $.02

#486 unbredelephant  

unbredelephant

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Anyone know if it's safe to sell it on eBay and then change the Amazon shipping address to the buyers? I see a lot of eBay listings posting this so that the buyer gets it on launch day but I'm not so sure if it's safe or right do so.

Anyone know if this is okay? Thinking of putting up the XOne on eBay and offer that method of shipping so that I don't need to have it shipped out again when it gets to me. 

This is an excellent question.  I heard its fine, but i've also heard people say that changing the address screws up their queue in line to get a console

#487 ps4hypo  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

This is an excellent question.  I heard its fine, but i've also heard people say that changing the address screws up their queue in line to get a console

A week or two ago that may have been fine but, now orders are starting to get packaged for shipment, I wouldn't want to take a chance on disrupting that process so close to launch. :-|

#488 InfernoCage  

InfernoCage

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

So is it easy for a buyer to scam a seller because of this? I sold my PS4 bundle like a week or two ago but the buyer is someone with 279 votes of 100% postive feedback so should I feel safe or nah? is it still possible for a high rated buyer to scam someone ? or should I only be worried if it was a buyer with no feedback

#489 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

If I can average $2,000 per unit I'll net $41,331.30 after fees, surcharges and free shipping. :pray:

How's this working out?

It seems like a lot of the big talkers disappeared from this thread.

#490 247   . CAGiversary!   1519 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

:rofl:

#491 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

that's one guy we have not seen in long time mr focus i guess he is now crying he is not making bank on these things like we said would happen or he never had all those systems to start with.

#492 Soc27cer   CAG footsoldier CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Soc27cer

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:09 AM

if sony can pump out 3 million units by year end, along with however many microsoft manages, stores will be in surplus this christmas season, could you imagine even 4 million systems selling by christmas, that would be some kind of record.  either way its dangerous on ebay, the customer is always right.

#493 daring  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

the supply/demand for ps4 definitely did not play out like alot of people anticipated.  However, i'm still thinking we can pull in atlease $150 on CL/ebay from those uninformed/ignorant buyer that must have it right away.  I'm sure there will be a gap of 2-3 days of zero supply right after launch and near christmas, and that's when we can cash in for a quick hunnit fiddy. $300 profit would be a excellent subsidize for my own PS4.  Hope i'm right, i don't want to ship back my extra PS4 to amazon.  

#494 Soc27cer   CAG footsoldier CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Soc27cer

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

im worried if i list it before i have it in hand, something will go wrong.

#495 daring  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:34 AM

I have a few too. i'm not going to list until i have it in-hand. i wont take anything less than $100 profit after fees or i rather not bother with the transaction at all.  I say list it on launch day with reserve at 650 and if it doesn't quickly sell. hold off and relist on the weekend on mon/tues.  by that time, supply would be exhausted and probably will likely not be replenish until mid to late next week. 

#496 lootmidget  

lootmidget

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

It's still possible things will go nuts after Friday and all stock is sold out. Then again, a lot of hopeful PS4 buyers may just shrug and go for the easier to get XBOX ONE the very next week instead. Too much supply from two different consoles. There is no secondary market that makes any sense profit wise to invest your time in.

#497 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

I have a few too. i'm not going to list until i have it in-hand. i wont take anything less than $100 profit after fees or i rather not bother with the transaction at all.  I say list it on launch day with reserve at 650 and if it doesn't quickly sell. hold off and relist on the weekend on mon/tues.  by that time, supply would be exhausted and probably will likely not be replenish until mid to late next week. 

Some could say you're....daring. *takes off glasses*

WOHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#498 daring  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

lol...not the 1st time i've heard that line. not guts no glory.

#499 daring  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

It's still possible things will go nuts after Friday and all stock is sold out. Then again, a lot of hopeful PS4 buyers may just shrug and go for the easier to get XBOX ONE the very next week instead. Too much supply from two different consoles. There is no secondary market that makes any sense profit wise to invest your time in.

But xb1 will aslo be sold out too and no pre-order avail.

#500 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

There is money to be made but it's not the type of money that those who created this thread were hoping for.

Retailers have had their PS4 inventory for about a week now and I'm willing to bit there are more shipments on their way as we speak (maybe as early as the start of next week).

I also wouldn't be surprised if retailers start a "waitlist" program which guarantees a console within "X" days or during the next shipment. 

There always will be people that have the means to pay through the roof to have the latest and greatest NOW but you're not going to see this hit four figures.

And by the time Christmas rolls around.... please. There isn't going to be a shortage.

#501 daring  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

There is money to be made but it's not the type of money that those who created this thread were hoping for.

Retailers have had their PS4 inventory for about a week now and I'm willing to bit there are more shipments on their way as we speak (maybe as early as the start of next week).

I also wouldn't be surprised if retailers start a "waitlist" program which guarantees a console within "X" days or during the next shipment. 

There always will be people that have the means to pay through the roof to have the latest and greatest NOW but you're not going to see this hit four figures.

And by the time Christmas rolls around.... please. There isn't going to be a shortage.

As long as we keep expectations within reasons, we'll definitely make a few hundred dollars. and yea, i'm absolutely expecting retailers to restock but like i've said on my previous post, there will be a a 2-3 day gap with no inventory and thats when we can cash in.  i'm no looking to make enough money to pay my mortgage or to make my car payments, but just enough reduce my cost for this hobby of mine.  if all goes to hell, i'll return them and only be out 20 for return shipping and the 10 post that i made on this thread.

#502 daring  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

btw, why are you always hatin on your fellow cag that is only trying to make a few buckaroo. aren't we suppose to be a community here. 

#503 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:29 AM

btw, why are you always hatin on your fellow cag that is only trying to make a few buckaroo. aren't we suppose to be a community here. 

I resell as much as anyone but I don't create ridiculous "brag" threads with misleading information. I just can't stand posters who need attention.

#504 daring  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

If i remember correctly, the mods did tell mr.focus to pump his ego else where rather than on the official ps4 pre-order thread.  

#505 lootmidget  

lootmidget

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

What's funny is all the speculators/scalpers giving up too soon and canceling their pre-orders, or returning them the first weekend, will be the very thing that makes shelf stock available to customers. So the impatient scalpers are actually dousing their own fires. The more returns that happen, the more store supply will stay high for buyers demand, causing even more scalper returns. It's a perfect cycle for buyers this time out. Easy Amazon pre-orders have changed the game. RIP console flipping.

#506 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

that's one guy we have not seen in long time mr focus i guess he is now crying he is not making bank on these things like we said would happen or he never had all those systems to start with.

LOL... no I've been pretty busy with wealth preservation as 2013 is coming to a close. I never cry over opportunities that never materialize. I look at and create opportunities frequently in my line of work. I approach the "next-gen" launch in the same opportunistic fashion. If you followed my post closely, since you're referencing them now, you'd know that my interest in this site was to gather information, in-addition to my other sources, allowing me to complete my due diligence BEFORE making the investment. 

How's this working out?

It seems like a lot of the big talkers disappeared from this thread.

It's looking unlikely that I'll be able to average $2,000 per unit. Please don't mistake my "model" for "big talking". There's a huge difference between, "I'm going to make $$$ and everyone should be doing it" compared to, "IF I can average X... I have Y secured... I'll have inventory/distribution numbers first week of November"

#507 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

...or he never had all those systems to start with.

You weren't listening. Here's $17,300 I set aside for what could have been...

(pictures of CA$H money have been removed but TimboSliceGB can confirm my financial competence to accomplish the aforementioned) :wave:

#508 lootmidget  

lootmidget

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Only a douche bag of supreme levels takes time out of his day to post pictures of his cash on some Internet forum to try to derive some status amongst nerds. I shudder to think about how deep and hollow it is in the place where your soul should be located. Thank goodness you're good at calculating business opportunities, because if you didn't have money, no one would want to ever be in a room with you.

#509 tvu123  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Gamestop is taking preorder for launch day PS4s:

http://www.gamestop....28-xu0,131dc-c4

#510 MrFocus   Money never sleeps! CAG in Training   120 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Only a douche bag of supreme levels takes time out of his day to post pictures of his cash on some Internet forum to try to derive some status amongst nerds. I shudder to think about how deep and hollow it is in the place where your soul should be located. Thank goodness you're good at calculating business opportunities, because if you didn't have money, no one would want to ever be in a room with you.

I seek no stature... only validity. (the pics will be deleted soon enough)