* * * * * 10 votes

Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

#751 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

https://corporate.ta...gt_adv_xasd0002 Exclusions to price matching includes any deal offered between 11/28-11/30

This is true. I just went to Target to ask customer service and they said they will NOT do any retro active price matches on Friday or Saturday.

Maybe a return rebuy though?

#752 omnicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

omnicious

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

This is true. I just went to Target to ask customer service and they said they will NOT do any retro active price matches on Friday or Saturday.

Maybe a return rebuy though?

That would have been a good question to ask too.  I'm worried they would insist on having to restock it first.

#753 Azul_KoolAid   ..Making up for lost time CAGiversary!   572 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Azul_KoolAid

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

That would have been a good question to ask too.  I'm worried they would insist on having to restock it first.

That sounds extremely YMMV, still it wouldn't hurt for some of our fellow CAGs to ask and find out.

#754 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

SD says its gonna be $150 at target on black Friday. If I ordered online & picked up in store, do I just call customer service to price match?

#755 omnicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

omnicious

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

SD says its gonna be $150 at target on black Friday. If I ordered online & picked up in store, do I just call customer service to price match?

Target will not price match their prices between 11/28-11/30

#756 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Target will not price match their prices between 11/28-11/30

sorry. I meant to include I got it from BESTBUY. Will BESTBUY Pm?

#757 Link127   Dad gamer CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

So if I bought this at launch, from Target, I'm just screwed out of $70?  I already opened mine.  Or can I buy one and return with the old receipt?

#758 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

DX please somebody tell me BB will PM.. I just picked it up Sunday and opened it this morning. #.# oh man I'm gonna have some serious IBS if I can't.

#759 YellowGameboyColor   Banned Banned   3239 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

Holy shit I'm so getting another one! I hope there's some ad about it so I can pick it up from Walmart, but I guess I'll have to see my luck at Target!

#760 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just called Best Buy customer service and they said they wouldn't price match. That sucks.

#761 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

:( just got off the phone with bb cs too. That sucks. I'm not gonna even waste my time to get on line at target. They always have a low stock and people will cut you for this crap. You'd have to camp out around Thanksgiving afternoon or something to even have a shot.

#762 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   974 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

You could do what it seems like most people are doing.

Buy it today, return it on Black Friday, and re-buy it.

#763 hobbie8046   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   645 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

hobbie8046

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

You could do what it seems like most people are doing.

Buy it today, return it on Black Friday, and re-buy it.

Going to be extremely YMMV on that. I've seen stores completely disallow returns on Black Friday before, and if they think you're trying to circumvent one of their policies the manager has the right to refuse a re-buy. That said, good luck to anyone that tries it.

#764 CAGJUice  

CAGJUice

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

I don't think the 150$ price tag is worth the risk:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YOVD-m8urJU

#765 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

ebates, coupons, and retailmenot all claim this bundle comes with a $10 gift card this week.. 11/23-28.. on the phone now trying to see if its true and if I can at least get that.

#766 omnicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

omnicious

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Jesus, I'm pretty sure people in third world countries waiting in line for clean water are more civil than this.

#767 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3559 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Target always has low stock on games. I think this sale is a big ploy like this whole "black Friday week" to get people to go there. You show up, the XLs are sold out but you decide to wander around and pick up other crap. :/ its those unanticipated buys that they're hoping for to help boost business.

#768 Dapper Bulldawg   go dawgs CAGiversary!   461 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Dapper Bulldawg

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Well, that sucks. But oh well. The price I paid for ensuring I got it and missing the Black Friday hassle. I will pretend I made up for it by getting all the 3DS games I wanted from best buys b2g1 sale - Mario 3d land, Mario kart 7, luigis mansion, new super Mario bros 1 & 2, Mario 64 ds, and Zelda ocarina of time 3d for under 100 bucks.

#769 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10032 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

I was just about to post asking how long before a CAG whored him/herself out for rep points on SD.

Oh well.

I think the OP that posted on SD is a member here. Sucks this would have been the perfect cag deal on the down low :/

#770 hotpocket   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Watching any of the black friday youtube videos just makes me die a little inside. 

#771 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3768 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

Watching any of the black friday youtube videos just makes me die a little inside. 

It's entertaining to see what people will do to save a buck. If people actually researched, they'd see how mediocre most BF deals actually are.

#772 gldoorii  

gldoorii

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

b192d976ccc02478e7f6fb534b519d97.jpg

#773 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4940 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

sorry. I meant to include I got it from BESTBUY. Will BESTBUY Pm?

I just got a PM from Best Buy ... I really had to work for it and it was from an exceptionally good CR who was based in the U.S.

I basically explained that I had purchased the system on Friday, and that Target had announced it would be $150 on BF. I told her I was Elite Plus and that I really wanted Best Buy to keep my $150 dollars rather than having me return a $200 product and give Target my money. She was hesitant at first, but I told her how much I valued shopping at Best Buy and how difficult it was to find good customer service reps on their phone system. So she went ahead and PMed today for the BF price ... she had also been working in their post purchase department for several years, so that probably also helped.

Good luck fellow CAGs ;-)

#774 iam8bit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   73 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

I don't think you're actually charged until you pick it up. The authorization will eventually drop off your payment method.

Actually I used PayPal to pay and they did charge my balance. I'm guessing they'll just refund if I don't pick it up?

#775 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3768 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

I just got a PM from Best Buy ... I really had to work for it and it was from an exceptionally good CR who was based in the U.S.

I basically explained that I had purchased the system on Friday, and that Target had announced it would be $150 on BF. I told her I was Elite Plus and that I really wanted Best Buy to keep my $150 dollars rather than having me return a $200 product and give Target my money. She was hesitant at first, but I told her how much I valued shopping at Best Buy and how difficult it was to find good customer service reps on their phone system. So she went ahead and PMed today for the BF price ... she had also been working in their post purchase department for several years, so that probably also helped.

Daaaaang! Can you do that for me? I'll give you my account info. LOL

Can I call if I didn't order online and bought in store?

#776 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4940 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

Daaaaang! Can you do that for me? I'll give you my account info. LOL

Can I call if I didn't order online and bought in store?

Pretty sure I got lucky and I would imagine that if you bought it in store, you're forced to deal with store management. If you're willing to play hardball, go in and ask for a manager, bring the system with you and diplomatically explain that you enjoy shopping at Best Buy, would rather give them the sale than Target, but simply won't be able to keep the system if you can get it for $50 less at Target. In a perfect world, every Best Buy manager would understand that losing $50 is better than losing $150 and potential future sales revenue.

#777 Explicit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Wow propz to you. Debating on doing the same, but I have a feeling it may be more of a pain then it might be worth. Especially considering the sale doesn't start for another couple of days. What if they already price matched the Walmart price by saying they will send me a $20 gift card. Think I'm SOL?

#778 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Did anyone keep a preorder from Newegg? I made a preorder on their website and forgot to cancel it. I just got billed and a notification that it'd ship tonight/tomorrow morning.

I paid for upgraded shipping since they don't have two day free shoprunner available on preorders. I started a chat to ask why it is shipping on Tuesday/Wednesday when it released on Friday of the previous week and they are trying to stonewall me saying that the item wasn't delayed and it was shipped in a timely fashion.

#779 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4940 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Wow propz to you. Debating on doing the same, but I have a felling it may be more of a pain then it might be worth. Especially considering the sale doesn't start for another couple of days. What if they already price matched the Walmart price by saying they will send me a $20 gift card. Think I'm SOL?

Well, I can tell you that I PMed Walmart at the time of pickup, so my order was at $199 and I explained that I had already PMed Walmart but that Target undercut both Best Buy and Walmart with their price. So the credit I got back was $50+tax (I paid with GCs, so I received credit back immediately on the gc I used ... which luckily I still had). So if they were able to give me $50 back via gc, you could probably still try to get the match even with a $20 gc in the mail. Again this is like YMMVVVV though, so anyone reading this should realize it's not going to be an easy "oh hey, my buddy got this PMed" sort of thing with the phone reps.

#780 Explicit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

Well, I can tell you that I PMed Walmart at the time of pickup, so my order was at $199 and I explained that I had already PMed Walmart but that Target undercut both Best Buy and Walmart with their price. So the credit I got back was $50+tax (I paid with GCs, so I received credit back immediately on the gc I used ... which luckily I still had). So if they were able to give me $50 back via gc, you could probably still try to get the match even with a $20 gc in the mail. Again this is like YMMVVVV though, so anyone reading this should realize it's not going to be an easy "oh hey, my buddy got this PMed" sort of thing with the phone reps.

I might try my luck, but I'll be going into the call knowing it might not work.