* * * * - 12 votes

The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Backlog

#121 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

currently working on:

:360:

Lego LOTR

Mass Effect 3 Insanity playthrough

:wii: 

Super Mario Galaxy (havent played it in like 5 years)

:Wii U:

New Super Mario Bros U

:xb1:

Forza 5

Titanfall

#122 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

Just beat Star Wars Force Unleashed

Shorter than I expected

Not going to jump into the second one, I feel a little burnt out from this genre so going to play Little Big Planet. Never played it, but am excited to see how it goes :)

Star Wars The Force Unleashed was fun but I can never see myself playing it again.  I would like to try out part 2 one of these days even though a lot of reviews say that it's more of the same.

Little Big Planet was, for me, a very comfortable, charming game.  It's about the only game  that my wife actually sat down to watch me play, lol.  I never finished it though.

Hope it goes well for you.

I have just dug deeper into the hole because of this site!  This past week I have purchased about 9 games from Best Buy's buy 2 get 1 free sale.  I also purchased Dark Souls 2 and I haven't even beaten one yet.

#123 equistina  

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

Star Wars The Force Unleashed was fun but I can never see myself playing it again. I would like to try out part 2 one of these days even though a lot of reviews say that it's more of the same.

Little Big Planet was, for me, a very comfortable, charming game. It's about the only game that my wife actually sat down to watch me play, lol. I never finished it though.

Hope it goes well for you.

I have just dug deeper into the hole because of this site! This past week I have purchased about 9 games from Best Buy's buy 2 get 1 free sale. I also purchased Dark Souls 2 and I haven't even beaten one yet.

I had bought Unleashed 1 and 2 in an attempt to see if I could get my hubby into gaming, but it worked for all of two seconds. Luckily I did buy it though as I did enjoy it, but I know if I jump straight into 2 I will not enjoy it.

So far I like little big planet, it's cute and it's not cute in a bad way. The only thing I am worried about so far though is that one level had a two player quest thing, and I have no second player so hoping that this doesn't prevent me from finishing the game later on.

I've bought so many games thanks to this site, I've been hiding them from the hubby as he doesn't understand my backlog :shh:

#124 SierraNight   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

SierraNight

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

I have just dug deeper into the hole because of this site!  This past week I have purchased about 9 games from Best Buy's buy 2 get 1 free sale.  I also purchased Dark Souls 2 and I haven't even beaten one yet.

Eh, it happens. I'm also deeper in the hole. This week alone Conception II, Alan Wake, Zoo Tycoon XBox One edition, Demon Gaze Limited Edition, and A Witch's Tale (game I've been looking for forever) arrived. Conception II for the limited CD, Alan Wake and Zoo Tycoon from Expert Zone so they were super cheap, and the other two just because.

I have made a good dent in FFX, and I also downloaded Deadlight from Games with Gold and probably have an hour or so left in that. Deadlight started out very good IMO, but about the time of the sewers it started to become more annoying than fun. Trial and error death is not my idea of a good time, but it's a short enough game I may as well finish it.

#125 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

I finished up Tearaway, got caught up on the Wolf Among Us and started up P4G.

So still making a good dent in my backlog. I now have no unplayed physical games (and just P4G in progress). I'll probably buy MLB The Show 2014 for PS4 when it's out though. Otherwise, just chipping away at PS+ games on PS3 primarily until the big PS4 release start hitting this fall.

#126 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

I had bought Unleashed 1 and 2 in an attempt to see if I could get my hubby into gaming, but it worked for all of two seconds. Luckily I did buy it though as I did enjoy it, but I know if I jump straight into 2 I will not enjoy it.

So far I like little big planet, it's cute and it's not cute in a bad way. The only thing I am worried about so far though is that one level had a two player quest thing, and I have no second player so hoping that this doesn't prevent me from finishing the game later on.

I've bought so many games thanks to this site, I've been hiding them from the hubby as he doesn't understand my backlog :shh:

YES!  Haha!  I've been blending them in with the dvds and blurays.  I might have to throw away some cases and blend some in the CD case although I would hate to do so.

My only defense is-

"Yeah these games are like $59.99 each!  You're not going to believe how much I got them for?"

add

"10 buck!"

"5 bucks!"

"Free from the BestBuy reward points!"

"Free by trading in old games!"

"Free!  I sold some old games!"

then

"That's a good deal, amirite!?"

Eh, it happens. I'm also deeper in the hole. This week alone Conception II, Alan Wake, Zoo Tycoon XBox One edition, Demon Gaze Limited Edition, and A Witch's Tale (game I've been looking for forever) arrived. Conception II for the limited CD, Alan Wake and Zoo Tycoon from Expert Zone so they were super cheap, and the other two just because.

I have made a good dent in FFX, and I also downloaded Deadlight from Games with Gold and probably have an hour or so left in that. Deadlight started out very good IMO, but about the time of the sewers it started to become more annoying than fun. Trial and error death is not my idea of a good time, but it's a short enough game I may as well finish it.

I'll be jumping into Final Fantasy with Final Fantasy XIII.  It's one of the games I've purchased this week.

Not good for Deadlight.  I actually paid for it when it was on sale in December.

#127 equistina  

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

YES! Haha! I've been blending them in with the dvds and blurays. I might have to throw away some cases and blend some in the CD case although I would hate to do so.

My only defense is-

"Yeah these games are like $59.99 each! You're not going to believe how much I got them for?"

add

"10 buck!"
"5 bucks!"
"Free from the BestBuy reward points!"
"Free by trading in old games!"
"Free! I sold some old games!"

then

"That's a good deal, amirite!?"

I'll be jumping into Final Fantasy with Final Fantasy XIII. It's one of the games I've purchased this week.

Not good for Deadlight. I actually paid for it when it was on sale in December.

I get most of mine for free now, but he just sees it as I should have got other things with my free giftcards :(

I've been hiding games behind games and throwing away cases isn't an option as my games are my legacy to my children when I'm dead (only when I'm dead can they take my games! lol)

Btw, FF13 installment (incl. ff13-2 and lightening returns) is the worst of the final fantasy series, please do not give up on the franchise because of it. My personal ff favorites are 9 and 10

#128 Beatles   Cartoon Character CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

I get most of mine for free now, but he just sees it as I should have got other things with my free giftcards :(

I've been hiding games behind games and throwing away cases isn't an option as my games are my legacy to my children when I'm dead (only when I'm dead can they take my games! lol)

Btw, FF13 installment (incl. ff13-2 and lightening returns) is the worst of the final fantasy series, please do not give up on the franchise because of it. My personal ff favorites are 9 and 10

I liked FFXIII and FFXIII-2 I havent played lightning returns waiting for a good sale :)

#129 SJD  

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

I finished Madden NFL 11, but that was indulging the trophy hunter in me. Also did a marathon session of The Wolf Among Us with the girlfriend, episodes 2 and 3. Very enjoyable and they got to the point where you truly see the struggle Bigby has between being good and being his old self. 

I believe that the narrative of The Wolf Among Us is the strongest (for now) between that and both seasons of The Walking Dead(which may change). Playing some Mercenary Kings on PS4 and Final Fantasy X HD on PS3. Mercenary Kings is a game which I've grown to like, but in short sessions. Still haven't hit the stride in FF X HD, but I know it's a slow starter. 

#130 SquallX41269   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

SquallX41269

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

I can cross Fallout New Vegas off my list. Really enjoyed it, sad thing is instead of going through the rest of my backlog, I Feel like playing this, and fallout 3 again; as evil as possible...and in the case of New Vegas, different faction

#131 SJD  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

I replayed Skyrim 3 times and New Vegas 2 times. I know the feels.

#132 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2124 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Looking to knock some quick games off the PS3 backlog, anyone have some suggestions?

Right now eyeballing:

Warhammer 40K Space Marine

Apache

Dead Island Riptide

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Splatterhouse

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Fight Night Round 4

Any other suggestions would be welcome, I'm sure I have most games for the system dating back 2012.

#133 SJD  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Looking to knock some quick games off the PS3 backlog, anyone have some suggestions?

Right now eyeballing:

Warhammer 40K Space Marine

Apache

Dead Island Riptide

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Splatterhouse

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Fight Night Round 4

Any other suggestions would be welcome, I'm sure I have most games for the system dating back 2012.

Go for Arkham Asylum. Rocksteady nailed the series with that game in their first try.

#134 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

I feel great about this one. Just completed Persona 4: The Golden and managed to watch all the endings except for the accomplice ending. Next up on the list is Killzone: Mercenary or Fire Emblem: Awakening.

#135 SJD  

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

I feel great about this one. Just completed Persona 4: The Golden and managed to watch all the endings except for the accomplice ending. Next up on the list is Killzone: Mercenary or Fire Emblem: Awakening.

I'd love to play Fire Emblem Awakening. That series was my crack on the GBA days. Pokemon and Fire Emblem.

#136 equistina  

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

If you're taking votes, I vote for Awakening.

#137 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

Started

If you're taking votes, I vote for Awakening.

Started Awakening but then noticed I already had a few Killzone levels completed on the Vita. The the sake of backlog completion I'm going to beat Killzone and then hump right back into Awakening. It's been a very intense year so far between work and school, portable gaming has really held me over to relax when I'm not reading to do so.

#138 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

Thanks for the advice!

From what I've heard and read most people who are familiar with Final Fantasy don't like XIII while most people who never tried it do.  I am still willing to try 9 and 10 though just to compare and contrast.  There's some more from the backlog.  :-P

#139 SJD  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

Right now I'm trudging away in Mercenary Kings and Final Fantasy X HD. Doing some trophy clean up on the side in Killzone Shadowfall.

Haven't been able to get a good session of FF X HD, but the heavy exposition in the first few hours of the game reminds me how much games have been streamlined for consumption these days. Mercenary Kings is an enjoyable romp, but gets tedious after a while. 

#140 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

I crossed a few things off my backlog due to trying and not liking some stuff--The Unfinished Swan, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and Rain. I also tired out Puppeteer and was pretty mixed on that and not sure I'll bother with it much more.

I'm mainly playing P4G on Vita right now, and a little Dead Nation on PS4 (not sure I'll finish it either). Will be getting The Show 2014 on PS4 in a couple weeks.

PS3 backlog is mostly stagnant, but really only a couple things like Deus Ex: HR that I still really want to give a chance on there. Otherwise I'm mostly keeping it to finish out the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us seasons. Kind of wish I'd just have waited for those to come to PS4 or Vita.

#141 SJD  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

I crossed a few things off my backlog due to trying and not liking some stuff--The Unfinished Swan, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and Rain. I also tired out Puppeteer and was pretty mixed on that and not sure I'll bother with it much more.

I'm mainly playing P4G on Vita right now, and a little Dead Nation on PS4 (not sure I'll finish it either). Will be getting The Show 2014 on PS4 in a couple weeks.

PS3 backlog is mostly stagnant, but really only a couple things like Deus Ex: HR that I still really want to give a chance on there. Otherwise I'm mostly keeping it to finish out the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us seasons. Kind of wish I'd just have waited for those to come to PS4 or Vita.

I have a sizable PS3 backlog, so I believe that'll I finish the PS4 games and the smash my PS3 backlog this summer. After that, I'll retire the consoles after The Wolf Among US and The Walking Dead S2 release their last episodes. 

#142 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

I have a sizable PS3 backlog, so I believe that'll I finish the PS4 games and the smash my PS3 backlog this summer. After that, I'll retire the consoles after The Wolf Among US and The Walking Dead S2 release their last episodes.

That's pretty much been my plan. Chip away at PS3 backlog while focusing on the PS4 games I want to play first--as I want to keep up with them and avoid having a big PS4 backlog.

I'm just further through my PS3 backlog (it wasn't huge to being with, probably 10-15 games this time last year). So it's just a 2-4 things to play/check out still, and otherwise just waiting for those seasons to wrap up to pass the PS3 on to a friend.

3DS backlog is pretty much done (just some VC games I'll probably never play) and it may get ditched if they don't have some major announcements at E3 that interest me. Vita is just P4G as far as purchased games go, and some PS+ stuff that's mostly smaller/shorter indie games I want to check out.

So I'm feeling pretty good to be mostly out from under a backlog.

#143 SJD  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

That's pretty much been my plan. Chip away at PS3 backlog while focusing on the PS4 games I want to play first--as I want to keep up with them and avoid having a big PS4 backlog.

I'm just further through my PS3 backlog (it wasn't huge to being with, probably 10-15 games this time last year). So it's just a 2-4 things to play/check out still, and otherwise just waiting for those seasons to wrap up to pass the PS3 on to a friend.

3DS backlog is pretty much done (just some VC games I'll probably never play) and it may get ditched if they don't have some major announcements at E3 that interest me. Vita is just P4G as far as purchased games go, and some PS+ stuff that's mostly smaller/shorter indie games I want to check out.

So I'm feeling pretty good to be mostly out from under a backlog.

I hope that I come out of summer without a backlog. The PS3 backlog is pretty high, and I just have there the games I want to play. On PS4, it basically winds down to very few games, but I think I'm picking up Watch Dogs, so yeah, another one. 

#144 equistina  

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for the advice!

From what I've heard and read most people who are familiar with Final Fantasy don't like XIII while most people who never tried it do. I am still willing to try 9 and 10 though just to compare and contrast. There's some more from the backlog. :-P

Ya, I didn't hate it per say, it was just so different from what I've grown up with that I didn't love it.

12 is one that not everyone likes either, starts off sort if slow, but it's good from what I've played. Haven't beaten it yet so wouldn't know about the whole game.

On another note, I picked up Magical World today. My daughter loves it, she's too small to play (3 months), but she's been talking to the disney characters so looks like I'll be playing this for awhile. This is a must if you have kids in my opinion, if anyone is looking for something to get their kids into gaming.

#145 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

I was just wondering out of curiosity, what does everyone do for a living on here? I am currently going to school and work full time. In the little time I get to play I usually relieve some of the. Overwhelming stress. Thus is partly why I mainly play on portable systems right now. Should be graduating this fall if all continues to go well.

#146 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

I was just wondering out of curiosity, what does everyone do for a living on here? I am currently going to school and work full time. In the little time I get to play I usually relieve some of the. Overwhelming stress. Thus is partly why I mainly play on portable systems right now. Should be graduating this fall if all continues to go well.

I'm on the other side of that--college professor at a research university. I'm around a year and a half from going up for tenure and promotion, so I'm at the most stressful time of the "publish or perish" game. Hence why I probably post on gaming forums more than I play games a lot of the time since I'm stuck to a computer analyzing data and writing up articles all the time (on top of the teaching and service/administrative work we have to do that doesn't help us get promoted/tenured) and need short breaks here and there. :D

#147 alumbrados87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

alumbrados87

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

I'm on the other side of that--college professor at a research university. I'm around a year and a half from going up for tenure and promotion, so I'm at the most stressful time of the "publish or perish" game. Hence why I probably post on gaming forums more than I play games a lot of the time since I'm stuck to a computer analyzing data and writing up articles all the time (on top of the teaching and service/administrative work we have to do that doesn't help us get promoted/tenured) and need short breaks here and there. :D

wow I've toyed with the idea of going into academia. I'm a sociology/geography double major who switched his major from computer engineering. Currently just trying to find my way and how to piece it all together. Like I mentioned I'm currently employed with a decent wage and I rank top 10% in my school, just need to develop a good strategy. I also come on here between breaks although it's mostly to browser.

#148 BigTime2Play   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   507 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

BigTime2Play

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

Going to school part time and work full time.  Married with little kids.  No man cave or get-a-way area in my home which means I only play games when the family is sleep or kids are asleep and wife is at work and that's only if I'm not too tired to play.  

To follow up/add to the question I'm wondering about how many hours do you all spend on average a week playing games?  I average about 8 hours of playtime a week for now.

#149 equistina  

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

Im a car salesperson for a Toyota dealership

Please don't hurt me I promise I'm not scum.

I'm on maternity leave right now though so I guess technically I'm stay at home mommy right now til I go back to work.
  • SJD likes this

#150 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

To follow up/add to the question I'm wondering about how many hours do you all spend on average a week playing games?  I average about 8 hours of playtime a week for now.

5-10 most weeks. Sometimes less or none depending in how much social stuff I've got going on or if work is extra busy. Sometimes more if I'm taking an easy week/weekend or the fiancé is out of town etc.