The CAG Backlog Support Group.

If you want fun gameplay play The Last of Us on the highest difficulty. I think its Survival. That makes you play differently. Other than that it is simple but I absolutely loved it. Im a hardcore Bioshock fan and I loved it more than Infinite. Those two and Tomb Raider are in my top 3 for 2013. I may be different from all other gamers in that I NEVER play on normal difficulty or below. I usually start on the highest difficulty. And if you unlock yet a higher difficulty after beating it the first time then I play it again on the highest difficulty. Thats what makes games fun to me. Way to many games are a joke on normal or below including The Last Of Us.
Thanks for the tip. I want to go through it again on Survival+ to get the trophies, but as you can tell by this thread, I am trying to chip away at my backlog and I have already submitted it for trade to amazon for the $20 bonus credit at amazon. I will probably try to go through it again before that time comes.

Thanks for the tip. I want to go through it again on Survival+ to get the trophies, but as you can tell by this thread, I am trying to chip away at my backlog and I have already submitted it for trade to amazon for the $20 bonus credit at amazon. I will probably try to go through it again before that time comes.
Yea I wasn't trying to down you but Survival forces you to "think" about what you do. That last shiv or few shotgun bullets you have require smart decisions to use if you want to save up and get past hard parts. Also you have no sneaking ability where you here nearby enemies. It really does make a difference. I'm not saying its impossible it just changes the way you play and think while making it more survival realistic. It is fun in my opinion. Whenever you get a chance to try it do so. I think you may like it. It may not change your #1 contender for GOTY but maybe you will enjoy the "survival aspect" more. Because ammo is scarce. I still would not rate it a hard game but definitely fun. :)

Yea I wasn't trying to down you but Survival forces you to "think" about what you do. That last shiv or few shotgun bullets you have require smart decisions to use if you want to save up and get past hard parts. Also you have no sneaking ability where you here nearby enemies. It really does make a difference. I'm not saying its impossible it just changes the way you play and think while making it more survival realistic. It is fun in my opinion. Whenever you get a chance to try it do so. I think you may like it. It may not change your #1 contender for GOTY but maybe you will enjoy the "survival aspect" more. Because ammo is scarce. I still would not rate it a hard game but definitely fun. :)
Well I loved RE4's professional mode and the more I played through Last of Us the more I felt like it was similiar to Re4. I just was put off by the overwhelming critical response. It bugs me that my opinion was probably affected by the hype, but there has only been a couple games that have ever lived up to it for me like Limbo and Bastion. Anyway, I would also like to welcome you to this topic. I can't speak for everyone else, but I have a great time discussing the games I have been finishing and it has actually been motivating me to finish the games I have.

Since Amalur hasnt been holding my attention well, I decided to add another game from 360 backlog to the currently playing  list.  I started Dishonored tonight.  Only did the first two levels but it seems fun so far, I like the stealth mode so far.  Definitely not gonna play the wholle game without killing some enemies but I hope it plays like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory which I had a lot of fun stealthing enemies during.

Since Amalur hasnt been holding my attention well, I decided to add another game from 360 backlog to the currently playing list. I started Dishonored tonight. Only did the first two levels but it seems fun so far, I like the stealth mode so far. Definitely not gonna play the wholle game without killing some enemies but I hope it plays like Splinter Cell Chaos Theory which I had a lot of fun stealthing enemies during.
I really enjoyed Dishonored. It has a similar art style as Bioshock and you really can't go wrong with that.

I've never went plat on a game and thought I would give it a shot on Ghosts. I need to accomplish this before the first DLC content. I finished the game on veteran and have one trophy left on single player.

Unfortunately the rest of the trophies are for survival mode which requires others to be on the same page. I used to play COD with co-workers but they've moved on to the PS4 already. Random matchups don't really play out too well.
I did the reverse and finished all the multiplayer/alien extinction trophies first, and now need to finish up veteran. Anywho, you can add me and msg me if you want any help with alien runs, if you see me online on weekends. Just thought I'd offer help.

Self-less plug: anyone have playstation all stars? I need to play a versus match and that game is off the backlog. Kudos to thread creator too, cool idea and hope to read some more tips/advice. My backlog honestly gives me a small amount of anxiety and I think this might help. Cheers all.

I did the reverse and finished all the multiplayer/alien extinction trophies first, and now need to finish up veteran. Anywho, you can add me and msg me if you want any help with alien runs, if you see me online on weekends. Just thought I'd offer help.

Self-less plug: anyone have playstation all stars? I need to play a versus match and that game is off the backlog. Kudos to thread creator too, cool idea and hope to read some more tips/advice. My backlog honestly gives me a small amount of anxiety and I think this might help. Cheers all.
So happens that I have All-Stars, just haven't played it yet.

One of the toughest challenges on single player COD for me was "They look like ants". There always seem to be a few units missed on the outskirts that you can't get to before the story progresses.

Haven't posted in awhile and for good reason, I have been attacking my backlog. I recently finished Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken on the Vita and Metro Last Light on the PS3. 

Rocketbirds was a pretty fun title once I got through the first 30 minutes (which were confusing as hell) The game is crazy political, but it has some unique animations and a song that sounds like Beck. Overall it was a weird game, but a lot of fun.

I never played Metro 2033 so I didn't know what to expect with Metro Last Light. It was a nice change from a war shooter and it seemed like it they threw the resistance series in with the Fallout series and this is what came out. I have to admit because my only goal was to finish the game, I threw it on easy (no difficulty trophies) and didn't pay attention to the story in the slightest. The gameplay was good enough to keep me engaged and there were a lot of crazy things going on in the story that I wasn't paying attention to, to really give the user a great experience. To me Metro Last Light was just business. 

I have also been working on Silent Hill: Book of Memories and holy shit this game can be difficult. There isn't a ton of penalties for dying, but at times you just feel under-leveled or under-geared. Now that I have started to get my act together, I am making a good amount of progress and I hope to be done with it tonight. 

I have also been working on Silent Hill: Book of Memories and holy shit this game can be difficult.
That game is in my backlog as well, and I just haven't gotten around to it. How is Book of Memories so far? Could be a good selection for me to throw in my bag for the next trip I take.

For my part, I am now steadily working my way through Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies. Getting an hour or two in every night. I'm near the end of the third case.

That game is in my backlog as well, and I just haven't gotten around to it. How is Book of Memories so far? Could be a good selection for me to throw in my bag for the next trip I take.

For my part, I am now steadily working my way through Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies. Getting an hour or two in every night. I'm near the end of the third case.
I literally just finished Silent Hill and came here to update my previous post, but I will take this opportunity instead. SH: BoM is overall a pretty good game. I think a 6.5-7.5 review is an adequate judgment of the game. This was either a launch game or launch window game so it deserves a little bit of wiggle room for overall quality. This game was an absolute grind to get through. I recommend having a lot of patience. It could be the character I selected that was overall weak, because in the beginning you make some choices that will determine what sort of character you end up with and you also select a charm that increases some stat. Unfortunately for me the stat the charmed increased was speed and I really don't see much of a point of that. I would almost anything else. I will include some tips that I wish I would have known before starting the game. These are copied and pasted from other sources and if you are interested, please take a look. I don't think any of them are real spoilers, because nothing is story related, but if you want to go into the game blind, feel free to ignore these tips.

Starting tips
This site is invaluable to the process and it has a lot of good information on Book of Memories. http://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh_book_of_memories/info_en.htm

Personally I think strength is the most valuable stat. I also think that the durability charm will go a long way, because I spent thousands of MR on tool kits to repair my items. The charms I wouldn't recommend would be Charm 4 and 8.

Classes
The only differences that you have are the starting Artifact Slots and possibly further artifact slot stat bonuses.

Preppy: AGI+; INT+
Goth: VIT+; MND+
Rocker: VIT+; STR+
Jock: STR+; DEX+
Bookworm: INT+; MND+

From the starting stat bonuses to artifacts, you can assume that:
Preppy: Focused on long range combat, Agi supports long range attacks and Int supports wildcards which can at times be short range (see Robbie Doll)
Goth: Focuses on tanking. Vit increases your defense and how much you heal yourself, Mind affects non-direct attacks and also increaes the duration of your Karma abilities, pair that with Light and you basically maintain yourself as a healing tank.
Rocker: Reliable close range combat, think a soldier class or something. Vit increases defense and healing, Str increases your melee attack power.
Jock: Seems to be the close range glass cannon. Dex does increase your blocking capabilities but you need to actively block, it also increases your critical chances. So Jock seems initially aimed towards doing as much melee dam.
Bookworm: Indirect combat much like the Prep but relying on the non-physical it seems. So Wildcard weapons and Karmic abilities.

Mind you though, these are just the bonuses you get from the Artifacts you'll have, they don't set in stone how you'll build your character and for what purpose. You can just take these little bonuses as what they are, just little bonuses as opposed to guidelines as to how to build your character. That and, I have no idea what the other Artifact Slot bonuses will be for any of those classes, at least not yet.

Charms
Left to Right. Top to Bottom
Charm 1 - Lucky Clover: Durability++
Charm 2 - Yen: MR(Memory Residue/Cash)++
Charm 3 - Compass: Map++ (Save Point, Shop and Exit marked from the start)
Charm 4 - Cross: Karma++
Charm 5 - Heart: HP++
Charm 6 - Meatbun: Exp++
Charm 7 - Robbie's Head: Critical++ (Guessing critical chance here)
Charm 8 - Ninja Star: Speed++ (Guessing movement speed)

Tip for extra MR
This is really just common sense after a short play of a few minutes but.
Don't break your weapons. When they become red, just replace them with any other weapon on the battlefield. When the floor is cleared of threats, go through the floor again and pick up all used weapons you dropped. Sell them at the shop, then just make sure you have a fresh weapon before solving the floor's puzzle and going to the next floor.

Money tip
Once you are through the 3rd area, you could probably return to the Fire Guardian and kill him quickly. You could probably kill him 3 times in about 5 minutes and sell the sword he drops for 1500 MR. With this money I would upgrade your backpack as much as possible, because it allows you to carry more weapons and items. One goofy thing about this game is that when items are unlocked in the shop, you can buy them in the later levels but you can't return to area 1-1 and buy them there. So if something is new in the shop in area 4-2, and you are grinding money / weapons in a lower level, you will only be able to purchase it in 4-2 or later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished Battlefield 3. The campaign is buggy and generic. I'd go into details, but I don't think anyone would really care. At least that's 6 hours off the backlog. 

Edit: Finished Machinarium. How do people have patience for games like this? If I didn't use a walkthrough, I would be completely lost. Anyway, I may have cheated my way through the game, but when you finish it you get 100% of the trophies. Another 6 hours off the backlog.

In the interest of backlogging, and because I was curious, I threw Aliens: Colonial Marines in my PS3 last night. Gave the first hour or so a try. As reported, the gameplay is quite buggy. The environments weren't all that bad, but the Alien enemies are a pretty big disappointment. The shooting just doesn't work very well. A different approach to the basic gameplay would have been a good idea.

I don't think it's very long, so I'll probably work my way through it. I'll step the difficulty down to easy and just shoot through it for the story. The voice acting seems to be the high point at the moment.

In the fourth chapter of Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies. It's been pretty good so far.

I have it (from BB's $15 summer sale) but havent played much, if you still need to play just send me a PSN request. Garrus_Lannister

With school right around the corner, I have taken a step back from my backlog and just try to get my head straight. I hope everyone is doing well on theirs and next time I finish a game I'll be back for updates. 

I've been steadily playing Dishonored and uncharted the last week or so. I'm about halfway through Dishonored and two thirds through Uncharted. Hoping to finish one before the end of the month but I am going to Boston this weekend which is usually my prime time for gaming.

I finished playing Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies yesterday. It the same way most of my Phoenix Wright play-throughs end...at 1:30 in the morning. The final cases in those games always have a really strong momentum. The thought of putting it down mid-way is not to be considered. So I always end up finishing the games past my usual bedtime.

Next up, I'm thinking Journey.

I finished up Dishonored tonight. I'd say based on my playthrough it ranks somewhere between 7.5 and 8/10.  The story wasnt the best but I did appreciate the mission freedom in that there was a variety of ways to complete objectives and dispatch of enemies.  For some reason I decided to do the Clean Hands, Ghost, and Mostly Flesh and Steel achievements (even though I'm hardly an achievement person and wont get anywhere near all of the achievements for this game), which really restricted my ability to check out upgrades and runes. 

Otherwise, my biggest complaint was probably that the game felt really short.  I think it took less than 15 hours to get through the entire campaign, which is less than what I was expecting.  Stealth games in general are kind of a mixed bag for me, for example I loved Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (I still play it on my 360 from time to time) but when I tried the Hitman games last year I couldnt get into them at all.

I also wish I could have "taunted" enemies a bit more.  I spent many hours in Chaos Theory taunting enemies with the whistle and making them run around silly.  Dishonored would have benefitted from something similar.  Nonetheless, at $7.99 from BB just before Black Friday, I got my money's worth.

Next up is finishing Uncharted this weekend on my PS3, and maybe going back to Kingdoms of Amalur on my 360.  Or, I'll start Lego LOTR.

So what's the best approach when you have a massive backlog?  I have over 200 360 and PS3 titles unplayed.  Even more sad, quite a handful of Xbox 1 games still in the shrink wrap.

I thought it would be fun to just randomly pull a game off the shelf without looking at the title, and then I have to play it until completion.   I picked Godfather 2.  I remember having a lot of fun with the demo, but good gosh, this game is now so butt ugly and glitchy.  Why am I wasting my time with this mediocre game when I have solid titles like GTA5 and even SKyrim to play.  Yet, I paid money for it,  Ifeel like I must play it.  

My problem is I suck at gaming, and can never breeze through titles.  Right now, I'm on Arkham Origins, and wasted an entire day trying to get past the Deathstroke boss.  Well I did play some Starcraft too. lol

So what's the best approach when you have a massive backlog? I have over 200 360 and PS3 titles unplayed. Even more sad, quite a handful of Xbox 1 games still in the shrink wrap.

I thought it would be fun to just randomly pull a game off the shelf without looking at the title, and then I have to play it until completion. I picked Godfather 2. I remember having a lot of fun with the demo, but good gosh, this game is now so butt ugly and glitchy. Why am I wasting my time with this mediocre game when I have solid titles like GTA5 and even SKyrim to play. Yet, I paid money for it, Ifeel like I must play it.

My problem is I suck at gaming, and can never breeze through titles. Right now, I'm on Arkham Origins, and wasted an entire day trying to get past the Deathstroke boss. Well I did play some Starcraft too. lol
honestly, with a backlog of that much? I would go through and see what you really, REALLY want to play and start there. Anything else. unload to GS/BB/eBay, etc. You wont get all your money back but the value will only continue to go down on 95% of your titles so might as well get back what you can right now, and focus on playing what you're actually interested in playing.

I wrapped up Uncharted:  Drake's Fortune today.  Pretty fun game, and really nice graphics even compared to later PS3 games.  It's also one of the best series with character development as I really enjoyed Drake and Sullivan's interactions.  I played Uncharted 3 last fall so it was nice to see how it all began.  

I started Lego LOTR on my 360 yesterday, so gonna rotate between that and Kingdoms of Amalur probably for a bit.  Not sure what I'll do next on my PS3...maybe Bioshock Infinite?

I finished Journey. It didn't take very long, but that's just the nature of that game. What a visual showpiece for the PS3! In every way a beautiful title.

I was ill late last week and over the weekend. Some manner of cold. I took advantage of my convalescence to start playing another backlog title that I've always felt guilty for putting off. I cracked open and started to dig into Zelda: Twilight Princess. I acquired a Wii only a few months after it launched, and bought Twilight Princess when I bought the system. So I've owned the game and the means to play it since around early 2007. But I never got more than about an hour into before.

To be fair, it is not the easiest of Zelda titles to jump into. I stuck with it this time, and now it has its hooks in me. I'll be finishing it this time around.

so after beating Dishonored and Uncharted:  Drake's Fortune last week,  I decided to go back to Kingdoms of Amalur and see if I could get more into it.  Well after a couple decent days, had my breaking moment with the game today.

I was doing one of the faction quests where you have a boss fight.  Was strategic throughout the fight and killed the boss with 80% health left.  Boss died, looted his body, started to walk out of the cave I was in.  Literally just walking along, all of a sudden I keel over and die.  Now I have to redo the entire boss fight because of a completely random death.  That solidifies that I need a long break from this game.

Hey I'm back (sort of) and just wanted to update that I finished Infamous 2. Pretty good game overall and I am happy I got it done before second son comes out.

I got to play a little of my backlog while on maternity leave, but now that baby is born my backlog is piling up again, understandably so (especially since I am one of those people that if I go awhile without playing a game, I just have to start over from the beginning 😰)

Hopefully she turns out to like games like her mama and she can help with my backlog. If she turns out like her non gaming dad I think I'll cry

Neat little thread you got going over here. I don't think i ever had an issue buying a bunch of stuff i wasn't into for the right price. When i had a steady income, i would get that neat collectors edition every once in a while. I think working retail had a big factor in that,/ It's like i work all day around games, why would i spend the little time i had on games. Now that part of my life is pretty much dead and buried, there is a whole other set of personal reasons that i am not gonna get into why i may have built up a small mountain of games.

Most of that stuff is pretty much on steam, humble bundles and what not. I didn't buy them for the sake if buying them. I could see myself enjoying all of it. Gaming is still a big part of my life and has starting giving me the feelings i used to have, which i had not for some time.

I have focused on the stuff that has trophies/achievements. Not that i am starving for being rewarded for something i normally do, it's just that stuff like that make it obvious that i have beaten or played the game. You used to have to convince someone you beat the game or did super secret thing, where as "Look at this list of digital certificates i have". That and you can compare and look at it without asking a bunch or the same questions over and over.

I had this giant list, i think i might of made a dent in it. PS+ sort of throws a monkey wrench in it some times. One moment you can be "That's one down" then someone throws one at you, its almost perpetual. I wish i didn't discover psnprofiles and that stupid little overall completion percentage. I don't want to get 100%, i just didn't like it being it the 30's.

Just having finished Modern Warfare 3 to my shame cause of said completion percentage, I'm trying to figure out what to jump into next.

Hi, my name is Squall and i'm a backlog-aholic.

My biggest problem; is "oh that's a good sale; i'll play it soon"........and soon never comes, especially when it comes to sales/steam sales.

I've reached a point where now; if i see something that's new; I"ll just leave the shrink wrap on, so if I don't get around to it, i can at least resell it in new condition on eBay or something.

I just slowly started going through some stuff i've had backlogged for a couple years and older. Currently i'm working on Fallout: New Vegas.

Assassins Creed 1-3,Brotherhood, Revelations

Alan Wake

Bioshock: Series

Bully

Dead Island: Riptide (was playing it with a friend till he stopped last year)

Deus Ex: Series

Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition

Fable: Anniversary edition

Far Cry Series

Final Fantasy XIII

L.A Noire

The Last of Us

Mirrors Edge
Metro 2033

Resident Evil 4, HD 

Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil Code Veronica, HD

Skyrim

Sonic Generations

Soon to add; Final Fantasy X/H2 HD edition (pre-ordered for bonus)

I've been slacking on my backlog big time after a strong January. In February/March i decided to replay 2 time intensive RPG's, Mass Effect 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Couple that with busy season at work and I made little progress. Last night I finally finished up Black Flag, but that's only so I can trade it in for $40 at BB this week.

After a week or two of effort, I've used an on-line database to catalog the vast majority of my video game collection.

Richard Kain's Video Game Collection

I would estimate that I have played through less than 7% of the games in this collection. That's the approximate size of my backlog.

On the plus side, I've been making decent progress in Zelda: Twilight Princess. I'll probably finish playing through it in the next week or so.

I've done a pretty good job whittling mine down this year.  I've made more time for games by watching less sports and TV, so I've gotten through a decent number in 2014 so far, by my usual standards anyway.

I also just did some trimming of stuff I just didn't really want to play like Infamous 1 (just jumped to the 2nd one so I can get to Second Sons sooner), GT5 etc.  I also sold off my Wii U today--Rayman Legends was only backlog game there.  I just realized I didn't have the time/interest to keep up with it.

So my backlog is pretty small currently, not counting PS+ freebies.

Retail games it's just Killzone Shadowfall on PS4 and Tearaway and P4G on Vita. In terms of paid digital games I think the Wolf Among Us, Puppeteer and The Last Swan on PS3, and Zelda Oracle of Seasons (almost done), Oracle of Ages, Links Awakening (that was free Club Nintendo Reward though) and the original NES Zelda on 3DS are it.

The rest are freebies from PS+ or Club Nintendo.  Some are ones I'll definitely play, others I'll likely ditch the PS3 before getting around too.  The Vita ones I've nab I'll at least check out, 3DS ones are more up in the air (I may sell it off if there's not more announced at E3 that appeals to me).  But I don't really consider these backlog games so much since there's not real money involved and they can't be beat and sold off anyway.

PS4 will be my main platform going forward, and I'm hoping from adopting relatively early I can mostly keep up with major retail releases and not end up with a backlog of AAA games I had with PS3 from not getting one until 2012.  I did a pretty good job of keeping up on 360 last gen when it was the only console I had from 2007-2011.  Now that the Wii U is gone, and PS3 will be by the time the Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us seasons wrap up, I should be able to mostly keep up on PS4.  Vita and 3DS are secondary platforms I won't buy a lot of games for going forward, so I should never have much backlog on those.

I had a problem all last gen where I would make massive game collections with deals I found here and on other sites, then sell them or trade them in for higher profit eventually and never beat any of them. Just over and over again, out of habit. Great collections down the drain.

Well this year I started gamesharing on ps3/ps4 so I can't be tempted to sell the games, as well as collecting a modest 360 collection and I hope to finally be able to even HAVE a backlog and beat some games instead of buying and selling and trading just to make even, barely a profit or even losing money down the line.

Who is this handsome fella back with an update. Spring break allowed some gaming time and I just wanted to post saying that I finished Tearaway for the Vita and Infamous: Second Son. Tearaway met and exceeded my expectations. I had a great time with it and am happy with it only being around 6 hours. It never felt like it was dragging on and they consistently work in fun and creative vita controls. Most of the time the back panel was responsive but I had trouble with one of the puzzles, which I had my girlfriend help me out with.
Second Son was great.  I bought it and flipped it instantly (because I need the money or else I would have platted it). Finished it in one day, with all the side missions and my only real gripe with it was I felt that the sound never hit me the way it was supposed to. I used the Sony 7.1 Wireless Stereo Headphones and my Tv speakers and I never felt like the sound had a lot of impact. I am going to add a spoiler tag to this, although there is no story spoilers, there are some game mechanics that I discuss and for anyone who wants to go into Infamous second son blind, don't read any further.
Second Son is also odd, because it is essentially a shooter. You have grenades and you fire lasers or fireballs at people, but it adds enough variety not feel like you are just firing a million shots. There is melee, but I felt that grenades and their incapacitating abilities, and flat out shooting people was a more effective way to play the game, unless I got into a tight spot, but of course that makes sense because what else would you use melee for?
Overall I enjoyed both games and I am super pleased to see this thread getting a post every once in awhile. I have to make a new list of all the games I have as I have purchased some and finished some, but I switched computers and didn't copy over my game times. Doh!

Tagged for when I can finally get access to all of my games (moving from state to state is a serious pain), get my PS3 repaired/buy a replacement PS3, actually open up my 3DS, and have more than one game on my new PS4.

Just beat Dishonored (one down on the backlog list), going to play through some.missions again for some trophies I missed, but not looking forward to it. Unfortunately, the game was not what I was expecting. Next on my list is FFX HD, looking forward to it :)

It has been a while since I replied to this thread, but I have beaten quite a few games in that time.

:vita:
Persona 4 - Awesome game if you haven't played it go do so now. This is literally the best game I have played in the last five years :) 10/10
Danganronpa - Really liked this game, it reminded me of Phoenix Wright, which was a good thing. The story was rather dark, yet it had many lighthearted moments. I highly recommend this game if you have a vita. 9.5/10

:x1:
Tomb Raider - Worth picking up if you didn't get the chance to play it last gen. 9/10
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes - It was way too short, but I had fun playing all the side ops and discovering the Easter eggs. I recommend you rent this, rather than buying it, since I beat it in less than two hours. 8/10

:pS3:
Tales of Xillia - My second favorite Tales game after Tales of Symphonia, I really had a fun time playing this one. I thought the characters were very well thought out and they mixed very well. My only gripe is the English voices are kind of annoying after awhile, but that aside it was a really fun game. 10/10

I am going to start FFX HD and Persona 3 later this week. I also hope to finish up Dark Souls by the end of the week.

I think I'm doing pretty good, especially for March. No. 104
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/325296-2014-completed-games-tab/page-4

My backlog still seems impossible to take completely down. I have titles like Mass Effect 1-3, Skyrim GOTY, Fallout 3 GOTY, Kingdom Hearts HD, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Tales of Xillia, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, and Fallout New Vegas GOTY in there.

Might tackle Yakuza 4, New Super Mario Bros., Assassin's Creed III, and/or Sonic Generation on 360.

I blame this site for my backlog. I never even had a backlog of anything until I discovered this site almost two years ago. Not only do I have a backlog of games but movies too. Off the top of my head these are games I have that I have never even opened to play yet:

Lego Hobbit

Dragon's Dogma (re release with all content)

Red Dead Redemption w/ Zombie DLC

Resident Evil 6 Archives

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Metal Gear Rising

Assassin's Creed 4

Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Defiance

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix

Blue Dragon

Lego Batman 2

Port Royale

Started, not finished:

Forza Horizon

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2

Fire Emblem Awakening

The Sims 3

Zoo Tycoon

Monopoly Streets

The Price Is Right
Dungeon Siege III

Arkham City (need to finish postgame DLC)

Mass Effect

Fable HD Remaster

Star Wars: Republic Heroes

Fallout 3

Lego Marvel

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

And I plan to get a One in six months for Arkham Knight ugh.

I bought a new SYSTEM!!! WTF?? :wall:

So, I sold my launch 3ds to co-worker that was going to pay me later. I bought the Zelda 3dsXL bundle from a CAG (reason I was selling launch 3ds), and transferred all my content. I gave the 3ds to my co-worker, but in the meantime, I bought a PSN code for FFX-2 (which is the only FF game I never finished, and wanted to replay). It never said it was anything but a PSN title (Sony nor the CAG). I paid, but after redemption, then downloading, I try to install, and it says it's for Vita. I went through all the channels to try & get money back to no avail. I guess recently, Sony said they did start referring to some Vita downloadable games as PSN titles (to be clear, that wasn't my issue. EVERY single game that I played/bought in the past, that was titled PSN, was playable on my ps3. Others were named Vita/PSP, etc). ANYWAY... I didn't want that to go to waste, as I was either going to rebuy for ps3, which wasted the money I just spent, or borrow a Vita. No one I knew had a Vita, as they play games they want to see on a "big screen" on their HDTV's. I found out my warehouse manager's 16 year old nephew was selling his Vita, so when my co-worker paid me for my 3ds, that money went toward that Vita (+ $60 more). It meant was to replace the money I spent on the 3dsXL, but I ended up buying both. SO, I'm broke.

NOW, I'm searching for a memory card that I can't afford so I can play all the PS+ Vita games (mine came with 4GB card). If I go to uninstall Uncharted, it deletes all my saves. SO, I have to pay INSANELY high prices to get a memory card, either to swap out smaller ones, or get one bigger one to fit all games. I have games that would take me a couple YEARS to play, and I'm buying handhelds. I hate handhelds, lol. What is wrong with me :cry:.

I bought a new SYSTEM!!! WTF?? :wall:

So, I sold my launch 3ds to co-worker that was going to pay me later. I bought the Zelda 3dsXL bundle from a CAG (reason I was selling launch 3ds), and transferred all my content. I gave the 3ds to my co-worker, but in the meantime, I bought a PSN code for FFX-2 (which is the only FF game I never finished, and wanted to replay). It never said it was anything but a PSN title (Sony nor the CAG). I paid, but after redemption, then downloading, I try to install, and it says it's for Vita. I went through all the channels to try & get money back to no avail. I guess recently, Sony said they did start referring to some Vita downloadable games as PSN titles (to be clear, that wasn't my issue. EVERY single game that I played/bought in the past, that was titled PSN, was playable on my ps3. Others were named Vita/PSP, etc). ANYWAY... I didn't want that to go to waste, as I was either going to rebuy for ps3, which wasted the money I just spent, or borrow a Vita. No one I knew had a Vita, as they play games they want to see on a "big screen" on their HDTV's. I found out my warehouse manager's 16 year old nephew was selling his Vita, so when my co-worker paid me for my 3ds, that money went toward that Vita (+ $60 more). It meant was to replace the money I spent on the 3dsXL, but I ended up buying both. SO, I'm broke.

NOW, I'm searching for a memory card that I can't afford so I can play all the PS+ Vita games (mine came with 4GB card). If I go to uninstall Uncharted, it deletes all my saves. SO, I have to pay INSANELY high prices to get a memory card, either to swap out smaller ones, or get one bigger one to fit all games. I have games that would take me a couple YEARS to play, and I'm buying handhelds. I hate handhelds, lol. What is wrong with me :cry:.
buying handhelds is whats wrong with you, lol

I know, I know, but the is no "stop", cuz there are awesome games that I can't play elsewhere.if I could control myself, I wouldn't have a backlog.

I know, I know, but the is no "stop", cuz there are awesome games that I can't play elsewhere.if I could control myself, I wouldn't have a backlog.
Well the first step (other than some self control :D) is accepting that you don't have time to play every great game out there and just have to write off some platforms as a result.

I've currently just got a PS4, PS3, Vita and 3DS. I sold off a Wii U I bought stupidly, will ditch the PS3 when I finish up some games, and may ditch the 3DS if I don't start using it (I don't really need two portables).

Will their be games on Wii U, Xbox 1 (and 3DS if I ditch it) that I'd like to play? Sure. But I won't even have time/interest to play all the games I'd like to on just the PS4 and Vita, so it's a moot point for me.

I haven't bought a vita because of this

There are some games I want that I'll miss, but it's just not feasible right now. My backlog doesn't need more food to the flame or however the saying goes

With my limited amount of gaming time, I think I am going to do something I never thought I would do before... I am going to start playing games on Normal or Easy just to get through them. I would love to play through games on higher difficulties, but right now for me it's more about being able to finish as many games as possible. There is a good chance that I will be away from my PS3 and PS4 for the entire summer, but at least that will allow me to tackle some of my PS Vita Backlog. Too many sales. Too many free games.

With my limited amount of gaming time, I think I am going to do something I never thought I would do before... I am going to start playing games on Normal or Easy just to get through them. I would love to play through games on higher difficulties, but right now for me it's more about being able to finish as many games as possible. There is a good chance that I will be away from my PS3 and PS4 for the entire summer, but at least that will allow me to tackle some of my PS Vita Backlog. Too many sales. Too many free games.
I dont consider the free games in my backlog, so many, I still play on harder difficulties since I like the challenge, for example played my first run of bioshock infinite on 1999 mode without using vending machines.I still really enjoyed the game.

I dont consider the free games in my backlog, so many, I still play on harder difficulties since I like the challenge, for example played my first run of bioshock infinite on 1999 mode without using vending machines.I still really enjoyed the game.
Yeah it is probably a good idea to not view the free games apart of the backlog, but there are so many that I have gotten from PS+ that I actually was interested in buying. I also try to finish my free ps+ games too, because if I don't, what the hell am I doing paying for PS+ and not taking advantage of the free games.

Hey guys, I'm also a backlog-holic. I tend to finish games, but then keep adding more and more. I also am a trophy hunter, which makes it easier to accumulate a backlog. I try to pick games that interest me, but sometimes, the new game that came out grabs my attention. From the start of 2014 I've beat about 20 games, which is nice, but my backlog, thanks to Plus too, is about 70+ strong. The more I dent it, the harder it gets. 

I'll keep updating you guys in my progress to be backlog free. 

Hey guys, I'm also a backlog-holic. I tend to finish games, but then keep adding more and more. I also am a trophy hunter, which makes it easier to accumulate a backlog. I try to pick games that interest me, but sometimes, the new game that came out grabs my attention. From the start of 2014 I've beat about 20 games, which is nice, but my backlog, thanks to Plus too, is about 70+ strong. The more I dent it, the harder it gets.

I'll keep updating you guys in my progress to be backlog free.
I used to hunt trophies too, but I found that it didn't allow me to finish games and really caused the backlog to pile up. What I did was went to PSN profiles and set a goal for myself to break 20k in the world and 5k in the United States. I think eventually I got to 4500 in the US and 18k-ish in the world and then called it a day. I knew I would never be able to make it to number 1. I am not suggesting that you have to do this, I am just telling you what helped me put aside trophy hunting and focus more on finishing games.

I used to hunt trophies too, but I found that it didn't allow me to finish games and really caused the backlog to pile up. What I did was went to PSN profiles and set a goal for myself to break 20k in the world and 5k in the United States. I think eventually I got to 4500 in the US and 18k-ish in the world and then called it a day. I knew I would never be able to make it to number 1. I am not suggesting that you have to do this, I am just telling you what helped me put aside trophy hunting and focus more on finishing games.
I like trophies, since they, in some measure, make me appreciate the game more if I liked the game in the first place. Although, I try not too sync too much time into each game. I ordered FF X/X-2 from Amazon, and that's arriving on the 22. I hope to finish what I'm currently playing, since I know that will consume my time. Also, sometimes, if I liked the game, I replay them.

To be more specific, I replayed Skyrim 3 times, Fallout 3 3 times and New Vegas 2 times. :bouncy: I plunked about 200 hours+ in each game. So yeah, that too is an obstacle, hahaha. :-({|=

Yeah it is probably a good idea to not view the free games apart of the backlog, but there are so many that I have gotten from PS+ that I actually was interested in buying. I also try to finish my free ps+ games too, because if I don't, what the hell am I doing paying for PS+ and not taking advantage of the free games.
I count the ones I would buy anyway in the backlog. Not the ones I was mixed on and wouldn't have every played anyway. I don't end up getting to many of those anyway.

With the PS4, PS+ is required for online play so you have that to pay for (if you game online anyway) rather than just the freebies. Some other stuff too like cloud saves, autodownloading of updates too. But those aren't worth the money if you play none of the free games and don't game online of course.

As for trophies/achievements--I never really cared about them much. I'll go after some if I loved a game AND there are some that are fun to get. But I couldn't careless about my gamerscore or trophy rank or 100% games etc. just for the sake of doing it.

bread's done
Back