* * * * - 12 votes

The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Backlog

#1621 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12557 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

Haven't been around much. I had a bit of time, so I finished deadpool. I don't think I am going for platinum for a while.

• Acd likes this

#1622 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:43 AM

I started playing Transformers: Devastation. It's a really good game, but I'm going to have to stop playing it. I still have the urge to keep playing Nier: Automata, and it's keeping me from fully enjoying Devastation.

It's like when I tried to play a game in between Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite. In the back of my mind I kept thinking about Infinite, so Tomb Raider was feeling like a chore. Back then I decided to just play the game that was on my mind.

I'll start playing Devastation again after I'm completely done with Nier: Automata.

#1623 1mhot3K   DealHunter CAGiversary!   323 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:10 PM

Finally beat Assassin's Creed Syndicate & Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Started Okami HD and realized its a RPG/Zelda gig. so looks like i'm in for a long ride.

#1624 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:40 AM

180 hours of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. *whew* That was a long ride.

So I started Yakuza Kiwami and enjoying it very much. Makes me want to visit Japan.

Also playing Ratchet & Clank remake with my daughter. Never played the original so it's not bad for a free PS plus game.

#1625 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2551 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:06 AM

Been playing a ton of Switch. 

• Doom: Great campaign but it's getting a bit repetitive towards the end.
  • Picross S: Play this everyday, can't get enough of Picross. I love it.
  • Thumper: Excellent and challenging rhythm game. Still trying to finish Doom so I can go through this one.

Also got Mario + Rabbids and Has Been Heroes on the Switch backlog. 

Hope everybody is enjoying their games!

#1626 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3012 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

Finally beat Yakuza Zero story. There's still a ton of content left to explore in that game. It was an awesome story, tho. The only other Yakuza game I've beaten was Yakuza 3, and I played a little bit of 4, but Zero is better than both of them. Highly recommended.

I've picked up a PSVR Skyrim bundle because of the price drop. I have only played a little bit of Skyrim VR. I've never played Skyrim, and its ok in VR, but it made me a bit nauseous after about an hour every time I've played so far. Not sure if its the game, since I don't have any other VR games yet except for the short demos. I'm gonna pick up a few other VR titles in the weeks to come, so maybe its just something I need to get used to.

#1627 Acd  

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

Beat Detective Pikachu. I stayed up all last night and beat it 7:38AM right now. I already knew the culprit sometimes but had to do mundane tasks to get there. The QTEs weren't hard but I dislike them. The new God Of War might have removed them so I might buy it. I have not played Pokemon since Fire Red but Purugly is a odd name for a Pokemon.

Did not care for Far Cry 5's story. Will be returning it and getting a Switch.

Beaten 3

Backlog

Future April 24  May 25 Detroit Become Human June 12 Super Bomberman R September 21 Spyro Reignited Trilogy Q2 Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion

#1628 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

currently play Fallout 4 in 4k after getting to the end game of dark souls 2 and stopped playing. 

#1629 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:49 PM

Playing God of War. It's such an incredible game. 

#1630 Acd  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

As suspected Zelda on the Switch is exactly the same as it is on the Wii U. I will be trading it in later. I bought another Switch and loved the demo for Detroit Become Human. I disliked using the trackpad but I got use to it after my 13th play through. I still don't know how to get some paths and I did not think there would be a ending where he did that. I am playing Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. I remember watching a friend play it and regret not getting it myself despite beating 2 and 3. Would have been nice if they ported 3 else wise I wouldn't have had to do the thing to play it. On Chapter 3 and might beat it fairly quickly.

Beaten 3

Backlog

Future May 25 Detroit Become Human June 12 Super Bomberman R September 21 Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Kirby Star Allies Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Super Mario Odyssey Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Arms 1-2 Switch

#1631 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12557 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:58 AM

Went back and finished borderlands 2 (vanilla). I jumped right into the pre sequel and I am really enjoying it.

#1632 Acd  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered was different I remember playing the second and third one and being able to call reinforcements and use them on the same turn. Enemies did respawn more often and did more damage then in the the sequels. It was a good game overall. Getting the A rankings for the most part was me running a scout in and if that failed trying to move in slowly wiping out the enemy and accepting a lower tank. The story was ruined for me by watching my friend play it. I knew some story elements beforehand. Here is to either expanding my Switch collection or waiting for Detroit Become Human. Did not care for the Kirby Star Allies demo I easily lost track of Kirby when fighting and the allies part to me made the easy and hard stage to easy. I beat the true arena mode of almost every title but the 3DS ones due to them taking 30 minutes+ to beat and losing at the final boss sucked. I don't have the patient I use to. Still going to buy it though.

Edit: Going to make a trip and buy all the Switch games I want. I am playing Mario Rabbids on world 3 and still have the challenges in World 2. Is there any reason why I must have a Rabbids team member for example I cannot pick Mario Luigi and Peach?

Edit: On World 4 almost done.

Beaten 4
Backlog Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Kirby Star Allies
Future May 25 Detroit Become Human September 21 Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1-2 Switch

#1633 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12557 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

I finished the pre sequel, but I have a general question about PSN.

Did one of you guys message me on psn about playing the co-op? I didn't recognize the PSN id and it says it was sent from something other than a Ps3. My follow up is how do people know what game I am playing (assuming they didn't see it here)? Do they go to psn profiles and look for people that played it recently or something?

#1634 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

I've been playing Prey. Like Nier: Automata it's a game that is filled with mechanics that I find fun. It's a shame I overlooked it for so long. When I finally tried the demo I stopped playing it some time into it because I was sold on the game.

#1635 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

Still playing God of War. Such a good game. Great challenge on hard, too. 

#1636 Acd  

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:00 AM

Beat Mario Rabbids. I found the game to be enjoyable. Enemies can move first turn as in the start of the battle they attack you on some challenges. Not being able to remove skills individually lead to tons of resets. Not being able to go in with peach Mario Luigi and yoshi without rabbids was a odd choice then again they shoehorn Mario in every battle. Having Mario every battle and being forced to have certain setups to complete challenges was odd. The puzzles were easy though. Yes there are puzzles. Was going to buy the DLC but I am done. On to Kirby then detroit. Going to try Splatoon 2 soon enough.

Edit: Already on World 4 on Kirby. These Nintendo Switch games are short then again Mario Rabbids took me 3-5 days and Kirby has always been short but sweet.
Beaten 5
Backlog Kirby Star Allies
Future May 25 Detroit Become Human Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1-2 Switch

#1637 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:47 PM

Haven't posted in a bit, but just finished Yakuza 0 and imo it has the best story in video games I've ever played.

Also finished Dead Rising 4 and Monster Hunter World recently.

Ended up giving up on Shadow of the Colossus, and Ghost Recon Wildlands.

For my next game, I am thinking CoD WW2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remastered, or Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Any suggestions?

#1638 Acd  

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:03 AM

Haven't posted in a bit, but just finished Yakuza 0 and imo it has the best story in video games I've ever played.

Also finished Dead Rising 4 and Monster Hunter World recently.

Ended up giving up on Shadow of the Colossus, and Ghost Recon Wildlands.

For my next game, I am thinking CoD WW2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 remastered, or Tomb Raider Definitive Edition. Any suggestions?

Cod ww2 is short if only doing campaign then tomb raider is 15 hours decent game and kingdom hearts can take a while if 100% 3 is on the way. Personally I start with the short games first then the longer ones. I would probably do Call of Duty WW2 first regardless.

Beat Kirby Star Allies. As suspected it has unlockable modes after beating the game. It might be kind of annoying grinding for puzzle pieces though. I have no Amiibo. It is a good game I found being painter makes surviving to easy combined with having 3 chefs I doubt the Ultimate Challenge will be difficult. I usually prefer using the hammer due to the OP damage but painter and jambara the staff were better in most situations. The hammer might have been nerfed though.

I was wrong the unlockable modes are much more difficult then expected. The difficulty choices in the Ultimate Choice reminds me of Kid Icarus 3DS somewhat minus the cost to play it or was it Smash Bros. Not sure at any rate Soul Burner difficulty is well difficult to say the least. New attack patterns for the final boss Rock seems to be the safest way to win. My god 2 hours playing as a Partner should not of chosen Sword and another 2 hours getting to Soul Burner. Puzzle piece farming not happening.

Beaten 6
Backlog
Future May 24 Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon May 25 Detroit Become Human Splatoon 2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1-2 Switch

#1639 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:20 PM

Cod ww2 is short if only doing campaign then tomb raider is 15 hours decent game and kingdom hearts can take a while if 100% 3 is on the way. Personally I start with the short games first then the longer ones. I would probably do Call of Duty WW2 first regardless.

Thanks, decided to do CoD WW2 first! The campaign is a little boring but I like how the guns shoot way better than the modern CoDs. I also played a little bit of MP, and that was fun too. 

• Acd likes this

#1640 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8692 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:57 AM

I feel like a horrible human being for never playing the series but I just started the Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 remix (never really watched Disney movies as a child).

I decided to get myself ready for 3 because it looks incredible. Yeah it's a lot of games, but I can blow through them fast enough I believe. Hopefully I can stick with it.

#1641 bhk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:57 AM

Just finished Life is Strange.

That was nuts.

#1642 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2906 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

Thought the end of Life is Strange was perhaps the weakest part. Kate's arc (and how it *can* end badly) and alternate Chloe were the best parts. That reminds me, I really need to bang out Before the Storm.

#1643 Acd  

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

Beat Curse of the Moon good game somewhat. I personally hated the fire golems and other situations where you needed a specific skill to pass. I never really carried the old man's ice spell long enough. Getting all the health increases and collectibles in one run might be possible and the scissor guys reminded me of Clock Tower and strangely enough I think they were kind of in a tower in the castle possibly just the innards though. Got Detroit Become Human and will be getting Splatoon 2 soon enough. Some of the skills seemed useless or unpractical the axe skill for the girl comes to example. I figure it is a instant kill for most enemies but the drawbacks are so high and turning into a bat with high enough weapon amount made it to easy. The platforming wasn't to difficult. 1-2 hours in length.

Going to play Detroit soon just haven't found the time to plug it in.

Beat Detroit Become Human. I personally cannot stand QTEs that much and there are a bunch. I disliked the timer in some of the situations you find yourself in since I kind of just rushed and missed options. It is also kind of odd when analyzing items the timer freezes. Not the R2 freeze. I liked Conner's story but disliked Marcus's and Kara's story because of the factors near the end. Especially Kara's made me question a lot of things.

Beaten 8
Backlog
Future 1-2 Switch

#1644 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

I beat Color Guardians. It's the first time I played a game mainly for the trophies. I looked at my PS+ games, and it seemed like an easy platinum. I beat the game and got the platinum in maybe eight hours.

It was a fun game. It's a runner game. A couple of the trophies are kind of challenging, but if you're used to rhythm games you should be able to handle them.

I have a $10 PSN code pending from Sony Rewards after getting my 10th platinum pass trophy with Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash a few days ago, so I'm really liking trophies right now. The Color Guardians trophies also puts me 10 gold trophies away from completing my second gold pass. That will give me 250 Sony Rewards points; enough to get another $10 PSN code with just points.

#1645 bhk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   848 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line and it was fascinating. I would recommend it.

Now playing Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.
  • Acd likes this

#1646 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

I'm playing Rime. For the first 30 minutes I wasn't feeling it, but once more puzzles started happening I got into it. I just with I could increase the sensitivity of the camera.

I plan on getting an Aim controller and Farpoint once they go on sale Friday, so I wanted to play a game that isn't very long. And I enjoyed The Invisible Hours, so I was interested in playing another Tequila Works game.

#1647 gr8asianman   ◕‿‿◕ CAGiversary!   1697 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

gr8asianman

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

I like this idea of a support group. I started streaming to maybe chat with some new people too twitch.tv/gr8asianman   I use backloggery for tracking though I haven't updated it in a bit. I used to use Raptr but when I logged in the the first time in years today I saw it shut down. Can anyone recommend some alternatives? Starting to play Vampyr today since I was good and bear State of Decay 2.

#1648 Acd  

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

Shaq Fu A Legend Reborn a decent beat em up but it is short. Regrets some of the bosses are suppose to be celebrities but besides Shaq I don't know any of them. Icy Hot and Gold Bond are some items are in the game. YOLO being said on death. If I wanted money I'd be a basketball player. Was hoping they do a Fresh Prince of Belair parody. The use of Gold Band by Ye Ye. Well onto Vampyr do yourself a favor and play on easy the bosses are damage sponges. 

Beaten 9
Backlog
Future 1-2 Switch

#1649 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:51 PM

Still playing God of War. There is so much content in that game. I'm pretty much at the part where I am about to fight last boss or whatever, but instead of doing end game stuff. Playing on hard was so worth it; got my butt kicked early on, but so worth it. 

It's amazing how well games can turn out when long term profit isn't the goal, but rather create something that sells systems. 

#1650 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   887 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:41 PM

I beat Rime. It was a good game. The platforming and puzzles weren't hard, but they were interesting enough to keep me playing. And it has a cool free dynamic theme that I started using.

Getting the platinum should be easy with a guide, but I like doing my first playthroughs without guides. I'll go for the platinum some other time. It has chapter select, but the collectibles I need a spread through each level. I'd pretty much be playing the game a second time, but it's not a long game.