* * * * - 12 votes

The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Backlog

#1651 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   2962 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

Finally rushed my way to beating Mass Effect: Andromeda. I found the whole game to be kinda boring; nowhere near as good as the original trilogy. I only encountered a few bugs, so it seems most of the problems that plagued the game when it was released have been resolved. The story was boring, and the only character I liked was the krogran Dracks. I tried to play as evil, but wound up only feeling like I was just a paranoid asshole, so the dialog choices weren't anywhere as robust as the original games. The choices you make have less impact than in ME3, so its not like it mattered what I picked anyway. The writing was just plain bad. The gameplay was okay, but I never felt challenged enough to feel a sense of accomplishment. The crafting was entirely useless. After about half-way thru, I just settled on using the same weapons and armor and never changed. Glad I only spent $13 on it, as I feel that any more than that would have been a rip-off.

Next up, I'm going to give Kingdom Hearts one last try. I've tried a few times to get into the series, but its never grabbed me enough to continue into it for very long.

#1652 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:09 AM

Since it was announced I had been waiting for Plants vs Zombies 2 to be released on console. I bought the XBLA version when it was on sale, and I thought it was great. Watching the EA press conference I thought about PvZ 2 again, and wondered how much the mobile version costs. Well shit, it's free.

I've been enjoying it the past couple of days. An ad shows up after a match or two, but they're just a screen that you can close, and aren't bothersome. It has micro-transactions, but I haven't come across anything that made me feel the need to spend any money.

#1653 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

Just wasted $19.99 buying Prey Mooncrash. I started it for a bit you have one character to start as. I personally disliked the use of PSI attacks but I never got much of a chance since I went more mechanical and exploration and the first guy is all PSI. The starting inventory amount just pissed me off in the OG so that was another reason to avoid the PSI category for me. Finding all the enemies to progress can be a pain. I gave it a chance and put some time in but just couldn't stand it. I also don't like many Roguelite games so that did not help.

I plan on getting Mooncrash, but I'll wait until they add Typhon Hunter and the puzzle mode to the expansion. I liked Ethan Must Die in Resident Evil 7, so I'm guessing I'll like Prey's roguelite mode. But, $20 to get only the mode that I am least interested in? I'll pass for now.

Actually, the roguelite mode sounds a bit more interesting than Typhon Hunter. Unless Typhon Hunter gets PSVR support. It probably will, but for $20 I'll wait and see.