* * * * * 2 votes

2014 Yardsale thread

Yardsale thread 2014

#451 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:45 AM

He rides "goofy foot". Most people who are left handed ride that way (facing to the left). The bindings would face the other way typically for a right handed rider, but it is all how you feel most comfortable. The bindings can be rotated, and there should be multiple hole patterns for you to adjust the placement of the bindings. I hope that helps!

#452 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

Masa, I don't know the model number, out of town tonight. A model 2 Sega CD uses the same power supply as a model 1 Genesis though.

#453 equistina  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

He rides "goofy foot". Most people who are left handed ride that way (facing to the left). The bindings would face the other way typically for a right handed rider, but it is all how you feel most comfortable.!

I sort of got excited when reading this thinking "this is why I'm so clumsy! I'm goofy footed!". Then I realized you were referring to snowboarding only. :(

#454 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Sounds good, I will keep my eye out for ya online!

And coming from a guy, I will say that guys say stupid stuff all the time. Don't listen to him this time :D/

Ha, I don't plan on it; at least for the time being. With me moving so far away anyway I'm leaving 90% of my collection behind at my parents...including this :( 

I say keep them if you like video games.  Stuff like that doesn't come your way too often.  They are only going to increase in value as video games have become part of mainstream culture now.  Video game collecting is still a fairly new thing.  Sometimes it's good to sit on something like that for awhile until you find the right avenue or the right price for it.  No need to rush unless you need to buy groceries right away or you are an EBay wizard.

That's the mentality that I currently have about them. I don't have anything that unique yet in my collection but money is pretty tight right now so it's tempting me. I need to resist >_< 

Never trust a PC gamer. That is my rule.

Step 1: Dump the boyfriend, because everyone in the Yard sale thread is going to stop reading your posts after you type 'boyfriend'.

Step 2: Keep the cards sealed and put them on a shelf.

Step 3: Set up an ebay alert for them to see if any sealed boxes come up to get an idea what they sell for.

Step 4: ????

Step 5: PROFIT!!!

Personally I would keep them. I bought a case (24 boxes) of Vintage Topps Nintendo packs when bing cashback was still active and they have tripled in value in the 6 years I've had them. I used to get 2.95 per pack and $1 per wrapper when I sold on ebay. I was the first person to sell the wrappers, but then everyone copied me. Right now the market is flooded, but they will get back to their glory again. I just checked ebay and I see people are still using my titles and pictures (from 3 years ago). Fucking thieves.

I'm offended by Step 1!  :-(  :razz:

But I agree with the rest xD

I can't speak for everyone but a little female influence around here couldn't hurt.  Plus all of us enjoy "insider" tips.  There are quite a few CAGs who could use tips on how to get a woman. 

LOL. I can try to help anyone out but I don't know if I'll be very useful  :lol:

I've only seen/met (that I for sure know of) 3 girls on here. I'm sure there's more, but they're hiding or something?

I don't know how much help I would be, but I'd be more than happy to help if anyone needs :)

@slowdive: :lol:

Us girls need to stick together  ;)

#455 mdmrn   PokeDad CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Today I spent $2.10 and picked up a brand new Orioles ball cap, a Knuckles plushie, & Donkey Konga bongos. The bongos were $1.00. Now I need to find a copy of Donkey Konga.

#456 killercane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

killercane

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Just an ok day on the videogame front (Mario kart wii for $10, a bunch of gamecube games for $60 including Smash, Mario Party 7, and Mario Kart double dash)  but here is the big find for $20 apiece:

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

The Republic cruiser goes for over $300 new (this one has an open flap and a few bags open but everything else SEEMS to be there) on amazon and the podracers is new and sealed and goes for $100.  Probably sell the podracers and work on the cruiser for the next few months with the kiddos.

Funny thing is the woman wanted $23 and $21 respectively for the two which I thought was odd.  I would have gladly paid that but only had 20s. 

Also found a complete paintball setup, mask, vest, co2 tanks, gun, etc. for $5.  One woman said $5 and then another woman ran over and said no, $200 since they were $250 new!  $5 woman said no they were selling it for $5 since they "didnt know if it worked."  What a cockblocker that $200 lady was since it wasnt even her yardsale she was an aunt or something of the $5 lady.  Luckily $5 lady was in charge so gladly paid that even though I dont know the first thing about paintball stuff.

#457 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1210 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

Killing it today. Just sold a ziploc with 20 loose crappy PS2 games at my sale for $25. Best thing is I bought it this morning, took the good games and put it in my sale. I bought the lot for 50 cents. Found some okay stuff today including my first cheap Fender starter set. Pics when time allows.

#458 Sivarticus   Kentucky Fried Cheapass CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

Picked up this lot for $5

3421F5F5-8395-40E5-9861-8A95AC3BDB38.jpg

8E87B213-4021-4051-9D73-5F63671EAC26.jpg

The game boy works and Zelda has a good battery in it. Not pictured but part of the lot was a blue gameboy pocket. Not sure if that works or not. Same sale had a $200 N64 lot but they were very firm on it. I didn't even bother digging through the box.

#459 dasme313   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'm relieved to see people continuing to find game stuff. It's been a week since my last score and I start losing hope quickly. I did get:

$1 - Game Gear w/ Case & 4 Games (sonic spinball, sonic 2, jeopardy, ecco). Not exactly a score because this Game Gear, like so many others, doesn't have sound and has way too dark a screen. I'm not fixing capacitors.

$1 - Kingdom Hearts II

By far my best find of the day was again my first of the day.

$10 (lady told me $5, but that was too cheap) - Big wooden crate of rock records. I have a lot of them already, but about 95% of them look unplayed, really, they're stunning. The highlights are

Zeppelin 2

Zeppelin 3

2x Zeppelin 4

Physical Graffiti

& 4 Led Zeppelin Bootlegs; My Brain Hurts, Custard Pie, White Summer, and The Backstage Story

Another $1 - Muppet Movie Soundtrack Record... I buy this record every time I see it. It's my mission in life to make sure all my vinyl listening friends have a  copy.

#460 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

Today I spent $2.10 and picked up a brand new Orioles ball cap, a Knuckles plushie, & Donkey Konga bongos. The bongos were $1.00. Now I need to find a copy of Donkey Konga.

DK Jungle Beat is pretty fun, too.

#461 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2581 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

Found Super Smash Bros Melee for $8. The disc looked ok so I payed that. When I try to play it...

#462 ferant316   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   828 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

Found Super Smash Bros Melee for $8. The disc looked ok so I payed that. When I try to play it...

Look at the top, most likely there is some damage there causing the error. GameCube games are very sensitive to top scratches.

#463 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2581 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

Look at the top, most likely there is some damage there causing the error. GameCube games are very sensitive to top scratches.

it has a tiny scratch on the top. It shows the intro, sometimes I can play a few matches, but after that, the screens shows the message again.

#464 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

Img_2012.jpg

Random finds; 4gb micro sd w/ reader was $1. Paid $3 for the five games.  :ps2: War of the Monsters, PS1 - Resident Evil 2, Metal Gear Solid GH, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, and Blaster Master. None of 'em have manuals except Blaster Master.

Img_2014.jpg

Just some Guitar Hero guitars for Xbox 360. Paid $6 each for the red guitar (GH5, I think) and the white wired X-plorer (which needs a USB breakaway cable.) And $10 for the black Les Paul w/ GH Metallica. I've got seven of these things in my house now so it's time to dump some of 'em. Also ran into a ton of Rock Band guitars, but I tend not to bother with those since the neck doesn't detach and they're kinda crappy anyway.

And finally,

Img_2028.jpg

A semi-complete Miracle Piano Teaching System for Sega Genesis, which I picked up for $20 at the Salvation Army yesterday. The set includes: the outer box, styrofoam, keyboard, power adapter, foot pedal, earphones, the cable that connects to the Genesis, and the owner's manual. It does not, unfortunately, include the actual game cartridge, or the second manual which describes how to actually use the game.

The box is pretty worn, but it doesn't have any major damage, ie, tears or bends. The keyboard works great - you can use it as a regular keyboard, even without the game. Also the earphones are pretty damaged, but they're just a cheap pair of c. 1990 earbuds anyway.

This actually isn't the first of these I've seen. I saw a NES version at the same Salvation Army a couple years ago, but it was missing the box and most of the cables. Personally I didn't even know there was a Genesis version of this thing (there's also a SNES one too.) But since this one was more complete, and for one of my favorite systems, I actually decided to get it.

I'm kinda at a loss for what to do with this. I see a complete one on eBay that sold for $300 (!) but on the other hand, as a big Genesis fan, this is one of the rarest items for the system and pretty cool to have. The missing game cartridge is probably about $40 to replace. In any case this was a pretty cool find from a store that has gone way downhill lately.

#465 genesis49  

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:34 PM

Since nobody in my real life seems to appreciate what I found, I'll share it here.
N64 console and power cable with bomberman hero for $5. Didn't really want it, but the deal was really good
$1 broken ds lite for parts.

But the 3 amazing deals were
Hp 12c calculator for $. 75
Meade ds 2000 telescope for $20
And a giant bin of M.A.S.K vehicles and figures for $5.

It's the best find I've had in a really long time.

#466 mdmrn   PokeDad CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

DK Jungle Beat is pretty fun, too.

I'll have to check it out now that I've got the bongos. I found a used copy of Donkey Konga on Amazon for $5 through Prime, so if it's in awful shape I can return. I really only need the working disc - not as concerned about the original box.

#467 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10865 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

Sat was good!

$25 working N64 so that takes care of me needing to buy one someplace else
I went to another sale that advertised $.50 GBC/GBA games, $1 360 games, and a few other things.
Got quite a few cart only GBC games:

Pokemon Trading Card Game, Link's Awakening DX, Pokemon Blue, Crystal, Silver, Zelda Oracle of Seasons. Harvest Moon (GBA), Monster Rancher Explorer, Azure Dreams, and Dragon Warrior Monster

Also snagged a few ps2 games, Baroque, Forever Kingdom, Unlimited Saga, and Radiata Stories. Everything is in pretty good shape. She also gave me a cracked but working GBA and a nice FFVII guide.

I left behind a few common GBC games although I should have grabbed the other Link's Awakening DX, and possibly Super Mario Land. They had black label FFVIII and FFIX but I left those. Most of the 360 games were sports stuff

#468 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12577 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:52 AM

I've been dropping duckets all weekend. Garage sales, Thrifts, follow ups. A lot of stuff to clean and photograph and a lot of your guys/gals posts to read (I caught a few peeks and it looks like some of you got some great stuff!)

I passed on a $5 copy of mario kart wii, that I probably should have bought (but I think I already have a couple copies).

Missed an Atari from the person I bought my JVC X'eye/32x from last year (I wish they would have emailed me).

Got some good deals at HPB.

Picked up a couple lots from follow ups.

Got a unique comic book find and I bought some skylanders that I know nothing about. Watch out 10 year olds, there is a new king in town...wait no, I don't own a wii (mainly because I don't want to pay more than $20 for one).

Oh and somehow I ended up with 3 copies of rebel assault II on PS1 this weekend. Why you ask? I wish I had an answer...

#469 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1210 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:03 AM

Is it possibly to post a pic of this? I vaguely remember M.A.S.K. Flying car and a semi truck is all I remember. I think I still have M.A.S.K. #1 comic by Marvel around somewhere. Wasn' t there a short lived TV show/ cartoon?

#470 genesis49  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

Is it possibly to post a pic of this? I vaguely remember M.A.S.K. Flying car and a semi truck is all I remember. I think I still have M.A.S.K. #1 comic by Marvel around somewhere. Wasn' t there a short lived TV show/ cartoon?

I'll try. Yeah, it was a cartoon and the toys were my favorites until my friends either broke or stole them.
I literally got replacements of all the ones I had plus a handful more.
I'll try and get a pic up from my laptop.

#471 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1210 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:16 AM

I'll try. Yeah, it was a cartoon and the toys were my favorites until my friends either broke or stole them.
I literally got replacements of all the ones I had plus a handful more.
I'll try and get a pic up from my laptop.

Did you get the flying car or semi?

#472 donut   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3918 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

Wii Disney Universe, Rayman Origins, and a Balance Board - $5

GB Final Fantasy Adventure $2 (allowed to buy out of a $25 lot - GB + 5 games) still saves,  mint label

PS1 Final Fantasy IX (different sale) super mint/complete - $1

Last Sat - Target GBA (scratched cover and taped battery door) but works great, 3 GBA games, DSLite charger in a GHero case - $1

Bose Ipod Sound Dock with remote - $10 (asked $20)

Yamaha Flute - $20 (asked $40)

70/80's (need to research) skateboard trucks - $1

3 good quality old bikes to fix up - $9 ttl + one yesterday for $5 (lol lots to work on!)

misc bike repair tools - $3 (growing my collection)

#473 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7171 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

I didn't have THAT much money to spend at one yard sale yesterday and I would've bought this old lady's NES collection for about $60(?) It had a system with arcade stick, six games including three Konami Shooters, Baseball, Super Mario 2, Metroid . Most of the games came in boxes so I could've flipped them nicely. For $10, I just got the Super Mario 2 (box and manual) and Metroid (which had the original silver box, not the wicked cool yellow box). I'm not sure if I should keep the games or sell them, considering I already have them in other formats, especially a CIB Super Mario Advance.

#474 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1396 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

Got a unique comic book find and I bought some skylanders that I know nothing about. Watch out 10 year olds, there is a new king in town...wait no, I don't own a wii (mainly because I don't want to pay more than $20 for one).

What skylanders did you get? I would be interested in that depending. My son and I are very into the games and have some holes in out collection. If you want to PM me pics I'll identify them for you.

#475 genesis49  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

Did you get the flying car or semi?

Both. Thunderhawk and rhino

#476 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4073 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Sent!  :) (on PSN I don't play my 360 online)  I probably won't be online much for a few weeks because training for my job starts Monday though. And yea that would be really awesome if you end up being near me we can definitely give it a shot! 

I really want to keep the cards but my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy for even considering to keep them...he thinks my collecting is insane in general though :p He's mainly a PC gamer while I love physical media. 

You are not crazy. You both enjoy different things. If you a Sonic fan, then keep it. Its so cool and has tips for the game, which I think is pretty cool. I saw one complete set sell for $35 on ebay. Imthinking of getting a ps3 soon. What games do u recommend? Oh, congrats on the new job. What job u end up getting? 

#477 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4073 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:22 PM

Since nobody in my real life seems to appreciate what I found, I'll share it here.
N64 console and power cable with bomberman hero for $5. Didn't really want it, but the deal was really good
$1 broken ds lite for parts.

But the 3 amazing deals were
Hp 12c calculator for $. 75
Meade ds 2000 telescope for $20

I appreciate your find .The N64 is a great deal. I live in the Dc/MD/VA area and could never find deals like the ones everyone here been posting.

#478 pollmonster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

pollmonster

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Found this at a community sale for $50

B74D2C94-DDAF-4F07-9516-3702ECE83E56_zps

0A655250-7902-4627-B2A9-66810589F825_zps

FB82F7AD-5132-4A4E-9345-5691B90796B6_zps

B490BEAC-AFEF-4427-8C22-01963CF38A69_zps

Found these at another sale for $1 each

2AB09188-2E48-4EAF-BEFC-04B8E32DDB10_zps

#479 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1210 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

That's a funky controller. What's the digital display for?

#480 pollmonster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   272 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

pollmonster

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

That's a funky controller. What's the digital display for?

The SG ProgramPad,  has a built-in LCD display and the ability to "program" button combinations. This is especially useful in fighting games (for example in Street Fighter II: Special Champion EditionDownarrow.png Downrightarrow.png Rightarrow.png Abtn.png will make Ryu perform his trademark hadouken move, and by mapping this sequence to a button, this gives the player an advantage over the competition).