2014 Yardsale thread

It's gonna be a while....

qrQodDRl.jpg

Only things I would like to find at a yard sale so far this year are a cheap Xbox One or a cheap iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:
my find from sunday of last week

Snes, av cable, power cord, 1 controller, home alone $5

sold th snes for 40 on amazon kept the game

the monitor pictured behind the snes was $3, love the built in speakers

845FF973-F4A0-6C2C-201B33F0D7C51C4E.png

an arai helmet, bought this for $1,

Guy sold it to me cuz it didnt have a visor, looks like there is damage to one side of the helmet anyone know how much this goes for as is?

84604385-AAED-673D-7A3039463A55183C.png

84607C95-04C9-8ECC-E81EE8F570B21D26.png

8460BAC3-C61D-09AC-6A559ADD2F87F3B2.png

Have a couple of sales from 2013 to put up still (yes I'm lazy and a slacker), guess I'll put them up on here if thats cool with everyone

CIMG1944.jpg

Ok let me start this out with saying that being a mailman I work just about every Friday and Saturday so I miss out on most of the good sales in my area unless their are those occasional Sunday only sales. Anyways, I'm checking craigslist when I get home a Saturday in August(at like 3pm) and I see a post about "sale going on now" that was posted at almost noon with a picture of this huge chest full of games and dvds. Figure most will be gone by the time I get there, but to my surprise this sale is barely touched. Pick up the 2 ds systems, and a bunch of games for them and then see a few snes games sticking out of a bag buried in some empty boxes, the games were Final Fantasy 3, Super Mario All-Stars and Mortal Kombat 3.

Then going back to that big chest of games and dvd's i see super smash bros melee but it's empty, but I do find luigi's mansion and pokemon colosseum. Pick up all that and  the ps2, xbox(including battlefront 2)

and xbox 360 games for 85 bucks.

After that guy tells me that he has even more stuff to pull out and to stop by tomorrow. As what time, he says maybe 11 or 12 since he doesn't like to get up early(then realize all the pot paraphernalia and say ooohhhhh) so I say ok I'll see him tomorrow. Head back there and pick up the genesis stuff, ps3 games, and 5 full bins of thomas the train stuff(for flipping purposes) for another 85 bucks. So $170 for everything.

Can make that and more on just the thomas stuff. Hope you guys enjoyed the long story

CIMG1944.jpg

Ok let me start this out with saying that being a mailman I work just about every Friday and Saturday so I miss out on most of the good sales in my area unless their are those occasional Sunday only sales. Anyways, I'm checking craigslist when I get home a Saturday in August(at like 3pm) and I see a post about "sale going on now" that was posted at almost noon with a picture of this huge chest full of games and dvds. Figure most will be gone by the time I get there, but to my surprise this sale is barely touched. Pick up the 2 ds systems, and a bunch of games for them and then see a few snes games sticking out of a bag buried in some empty boxes, the games were Final Fantasy 3, Super Mario All-Stars and Mortal Kombat 3.

Then going back to that big chest of games and dvd's i see super smash bros melee but it's empty, but I do find luigi's mansion and pokemon colosseum. Pick up all that and the ps2, xbox(including battlefront 2)

and xbox 360 games for 85 bucks.

After that guy tells me that he has even more stuff to pull out and to stop by tomorrow. As what time, he says maybe 11 or 12 since he doesn't like to get up early(then realize all the pot paraphernalia and say ooohhhhh) so I say ok I'll see him tomorrow. Head back there and pick up the genesis stuff, ps3 games, and 5 full bins of thomas the train stuff(for flipping purposes) for another 85 bucks. So $170 for everything.

Can make that and more on just the thomas stuff. Hope you guys enjoyed the long story
Damn dude that's awesome! Would you be interested in trading that Dragonball and Final Fantasy?

Damn dude that's awesome! Would you be interested in trading that Dragonball and Final Fantasy?
Final Fantasy 3 is probably in my top 5 games of all time, so I would have to get the deal of a lifetime to get that game out of my

collection. Dragonball is definitely something I would trade though

So I was going through my photos and I came across some of my "lost finds". These are things that I haven't posted yet and YES, the dates are correct...

7-30-12

This stuff was all from the same sale. I think I paid $26 total. The DVDs and games were $1 each, but discounted if you bought more. I think they ended up being 40-45 cents each or something after their bulk discount. A lot of the DVDS were still brand new/sealed

Got some good stuff today after a few weeks' dry spell.

ytq5.jpg

The DS games were $5 each and are complete (all except White had unused CN codes). Strategy guide was $2 and the DVDs and Medal of Honor were a buck each.

I'm getting 404'd on all the previous year thread links. Also, the 2013 thread is missing from the list!
I have trouble with links, maybe someone can fix them.

8-18-12

I paid $10 for everything

Original Furby SEALED

$1 each for the games/DVD

I'm going to stop posting most of my non gaming stuff. It has been slim pickings lately and I can't give away all my secrets. But at this same sale I bought 4 items that will net $110-$130 if sold. ;)

8-18-12

Original Furby SEALED

I'm going to stop posting most of my non gaming stuff. It has been slim pickings lately and I can't give away all my secrets. But at this same sale I bought 4 items that will net $110-$130 if sold. ;)
I actually picked up 2 of those furby's(black and white ones) in box for 10 bucks a pop of craigslist earlier this year. Lady said she had them in her closet for years. If I had something like that in my closet and I had multiple kids, those things would have been open in less then 5 minutes.

I would live some yard sales right now. Unfortunately I'm in michigan and its -25 with windchill right now. :(
Yeah being in NY, we also have to wait until late spring at the earliest usually, before we have any good sales. Love to see other peoples finds in the warmer states while I wait...

CIMG1945.jpg

Picked this up last summer, ps1 games were 1 dollar each, ps2, wii and xbox games were 2 each, and I think 360 and ps3 were 3 each but nothing of note from what I saw so didn't get any of those. Packaged everything for  40 or 45 bucks if I remember right. Not a great deal, but nice games to add to the collection.

9-1-12

Paid $2 for these junk games. (They wanted 25 cents each, but the disc ones were wrecked.)

Paid $10 total

I knew battlefront 2 had good value on xbox. I'm not sure what the cable is for though.

more to come

9-29-12

I'm skipping over some non gaming stuff.

I paid $8 for the guides as well as a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 (that was from my library) from a little kid. I know AC3 was "borrowed indefinitely", so I returned it to the library. AC3 not pictured

Paid $3 total. Silent Hill soundtrack is still sealed

Find of the week. Fawlty Towers on laser disc sealed $2

Man Slowdive, I don't care if your funds are nearly 1.5 years old... I could gawk at them all the time! Congrats!

Started working on my schedule for early spring, trying to be off as many Friday and Saturday mornings!

Spent $25 today on a white Wii with hookups and two controllers, as well as COD World at War, Pinball Hall of Fame, Star Wars the Force Unleashed, and Madden 08. Also got a disc-only copy of Wii Sports.

Other pickups for another $10 were Jak and Daxter Precursor Legacy, Yager, Destroy All Humans, and Halo Combat Evolved. Also got empty cases of Halo 2 and Wii Play for free.

8-18-12

Original Furby SEALED

I enjoy your non game posting. Keep it up

Thanks for worrying about me, the banning was a mistake from a compromised mod account.

To celebrate, here are some lost yard sale finds!

Hopefully I didn't post these in 2010, but they arent in the completed folder so...

I think I paid $7 or $8 total, but it is 4 years old, so I could be off. "The Game Plan" is still sealed.

I can't wait for garage sales to start up again around here.  I'm moving next Saturday, so a few new horizons might be nice.

Went to my first yard sales in awhile. My finds:

A bag of Pokemon/MTG cards for $2

The Magic cards were pretty worthless, mostly stuff from Ice Age block and some from the Invasion block. I stopped playing seriously after the Invasion block. Most of the Pokemon cards were from Base Set 1/Jungle/Fossil and there are quite a few good rares, but I don't know if they have any value today. Nice to have 3 Scythers though since I could never find these when I played competitively as a kid. 

Halo, Books 1-3 for $1

http://www.amazon.com/Books-Flood-First-Strike-Reach/dp/0345473043

Kid was offering 50 cents each for a book but since I bought the cards and some other books for my nephew, he accepted for $1. The sleeve for the books is kinda worn but I couldn't say no to this for $1. 

The downer for me is the sales that had video games were pretty much picked over. A couple sales had some video game cheat code books so I asked about games and they had already been sold or didn't have any to sell. One sale had a :360: Prince of Persia 2008 LE and :360: PoP Forgotten Sands for $5 each but I passed. 

I found a couple of moving sales in the area this weekend, so I decided to check them out and got pretty lucky! First sale had a couple zip-lock bags filled GBA and PSP stuff. I got 2 GBA SPs, a PSP 1001, and games for each including some older Pokemon stuff for $15. I actually haggled them up a little bit, since I would have felt bad for only taking it for $8 like they initially proposed.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23705]

At the next sale I got a load of Gamecube and and PS2 stuff for $40. The systems and some of the games will be going to MAGFest, while Twilight Princess and the strategy guides will be going into my collection. The rest I'll be using for tradebait.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23706]

Pretty good start to the season!

^I can't understand the logic is requesting to pay MORE for something than asking price.

They have access to the internet.  They could look up fair market prices.

If you were buying a car would you ask to pay above sticker price?  I'd think not.

Eh, it's still a steal for me at that price. And knowing what these things are worth I feel a little bad completely fleecing people, so a pay a little extra to avoid a guilty conscience. Besides, it looks like I'll already be able to sell junk games for at least what I paid for the lot.

I've reverse haggled before and told people flat out they can get more for stuff. 99% of the time I ask them their price, so if I counter lower it seems routine.

10-5-13

$1 each, just thought they looked cool and were in good shape

$1 RIP Egon

Music VHS tapes 25 cents each I'm a fan of these bands

80s Robocop Horizon model I think I paid $2, possibly $3 I bundled this with a M$ office home and student 2007 that still had an active key!! ($150 retail BB tag on it). I also bought some sealed boardgames not pictured, since they are not video game/fantasy related. ;)

Anf IDK if I posed these, but I paid $1 each

I've reverse haggled before and told people flat out they can get more for stuff. 99% of the time I ask them their price, so if I counter lower it seems routine.

10-5-13

$1 RIP Egon

80s Robocop Horizon model I think I paid $2, possibly $3 I bundled this with a M$ office home and student 2007 that still had an active key!! ($150 retail BB tag on it). I also bought some sealed boardgames not pictured, since they are not video game/fantasy related. ;)

U should post your other board games. Good pick up on that ghostbusters game

10-5-13

$1 RIP Egon

Nice ghostbusters game, and yeah I wouldn't mind seeing the board games as well

How do I put this delicately...My competition reads this thread and I want there to be something left for me if s/he beats me to a sale. ;)

How do I put this delicately...My competition reads this thread and I want there to be something left for me if s/he beats me to a sale. ;)
Gift is a fucked up movie, but it was quite a find! Whats the tape next to it (the duplicate ones)?

That GB game is suhweet, part of it glows in the dark if I remember correctly...

Gift is a fucked up movie, but it was quite a find! Whats the tape next to it (the duplicate ones)?

That GB game is suhweet, part of it glows in the dark if I remember correctly...
It's Jane's Addiction Soul Kiss...the one on the right is sealed, so I put in in a comic bag to keep the dust off. I have to bust out GB and check the pieces. I bought it on sight, so hopefully it is close to complete!

I still have about 10 posts til I catch up and to tide you all over until the season starts. :mrgreen:

I always enjoy your posts. Especially knowing how close it all is. I dont go too far your way though, takes too long and I work too early to spend that much time driving. 

Didn't get much today, but managed to grab Kingdom Hearts I & II, Ratchet & Clank, and Ratchet & Clank Going Commando, all black label. KH games were complete, R&C two were missing manual. I'll probably be keeping them as I want to beef up my PS2 collection.

Also got a few DVDs for flipping purposes.

Alright, Looks like I'll finally be hitting some yard sales this year. Have had garbage weather to account for not going but I'd just waiting for the city wide sales to start :)

bread's done
Back