* * * - - 7 votes

MGS Legacy Collection IN-STOCK $49.99 Amazon - Deadpool $19.99 - AC Ezio Trilogy $16.99 - RE Revelations $19.70

Deadpool Assassins Resident Evil Metal Gear

#31 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

For MGS my Walmart says online "Free store pickup in ____ as soon as today with site to store" but when I went yesterday they told me they didn't have it? :/

#32 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36527 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

For MGS my Walmart says online "Free store pickup in ____ as soon as today with site to store" but when I went yesterday they told me they didn't have it? :/

Did you place an order online for pickup? It's possible it was in the back of the store somewhere and they might have found it had you placed an order for in-store pickup.

#33 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

Did you place an order online for pickup? It's possible it was in the back of the store somewhere and they might have found it had you placed an order for in-store pickup.

The guy searched the backroom and couldn't find it :/ I guess it couldn't hurt to try in store pickup...worst case scenario I just get my money back if they can't find it lol

#34 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

I kick myself for not buying the MGS Legacy Collection. But if you're just interested in playing the games get the following on PSN and then buy a physical copy of MGS 4 Guns of the Patriots and you'll have all the games that would have been included in the collection.

https://store.sonyen...000000000000001

https://store.sonyen...S3MGSHDCOLLECTI

The Legacy Collection also includes two digital graphic novels. For MGS fans, buying the above just can't compare to the true Legacy Collection.

#35 airblade   MexiCAG CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

I bought a couple online with in store pickup, already got the email that says that my order is ready for pick-up. So I'm assuming they actually had in stock.

#36 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Well I ordered one for store pickup. I'll let u know what happens :pray:

#37 NINJA V   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Well, looks like a gamestop 50 miles away along with a walmart close to it "show" they have the mgs legacy collection. Might have to reserve and make a road trip this weekend after work, cause honestly it's better than paying $110+ on ebay - jeez

#38 darksurtur   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

Sigh, wasn't expected MG Legacy to go OOP and nothing around me has stock. Here's hoping it get a reprint, I guess, EDIT: PM me if you end up with an extra copy during your hunts, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

#39 cficare   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Well, looks like a gamestop 50 miles away along with a walmart close to it "show" they have the mgs legacy collection. Might have to reserve and make a road trip this weekend after work, cause honestly it's better than paying $110+ on ebay - jeez

Call and make sure it isn't Gamestop "New" - i.e. open and beat to shit.  A few gamestops in my area still have "low stock", but they are all  display copies that look like they moonlighted as doorstops. 

#40 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

In store order was cancelled :(

#41 outkastx   Deals R Us CAGiversary!   542 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

I know my Best Buy had around 3 of these when I went to pick up Dark Souls II, but stopped in today and they are all gone.  Damn.

#42 airblade   MexiCAG CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

In store order was cancelled :(

Mine hasnt been canceled yet. Should I be worried?

#43 1teaney  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

The Legacy Collection also includes two digital graphic novels. For MGS fans, buying the above just can't compare to the true Legacy Collection.

minus the mini artbook

I completely agree which is why I said "if you're just interested in playing the games"

#44 kouleefoh   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3269 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Damn I gave my sealed copy of Metal Gear Solid Legacy to my cousin.  T.T

#45 scblueeyedguy   Future Gadget Laboratory Technician CAGiversary!   2739 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

scblueeyedguy

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Just bought a MGS Legacy at Walmart with my trade in gift card. Last one there too. :D/

#46 NINJA V   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

OH BOY - HOPE NONE OF YALL IN WISCONSIN!

#47 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6377 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

None in my town either, but there was one showing at the Wal-Mart where my parents live 40 miles over.  Called my mom and asked her to check, and she snagged it for me.  Gotta get her an extra cool mother's day present this year.  ;)  

#48 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9854 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

Well this thread got derailed, I'll think about getting Deadpool. Thanks OP

Funny how it takes a game to go OOP for everybody to want it now.

#49 Jasper & Harley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Jasper & Harley

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

I found out about the rarity of Metal Gear Legacy last week and began a desperate search to get a copy in my area. Found one nearby and it's case was disgusting and didn't have the manual. The only other one was 30 miles away. I took a chance and drove there to find a mint used copy and it even had the code for MGS/VR Missions that was never used.

Metal Gear is by far my favorite series and I own every game for every platform. I didn't feel the urge to pick up Legacy Collection sooner because the only part of it I didn't already have was the Graphic Novels. There are NINE total versions / editions of Snake Eater on my shelf, lol.

#50 airblade   MexiCAG CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:34 AM

Just scored 4 of them :D.

#51 27526343157187946075   Banned Banned   461 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:54 AM

-----

#52 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3574 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

Wow, how quickly people suddenly want this even though all the games are still readily available in multiple formats and platforms.  I never saw too many of these in stores so I figured it was a low print run, but didn't feel like double or triple dipping just for some graphic novels.

#53 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3186 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

MOTION comics on blu ray. It is a nice collection if you got it for 30-40.

#54 CMoney™  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is also technically oop, but can be found much easier. That + MGS & MGS: VR on PSN = The Legacy Collection, minus the art book, & digital graphic novels.

Once I figured this out, I stopped looking for The Legacy Collection, at a decent price. Those who are long time fans of MGS, would enjoy the collection more though.

#55 NuclearPorkchop   Herc Mondo's Cousin CAGiversary!   1230 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

NuclearPorkchop

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:28 AM

Both of the MGS graphic novels are included as "motion comics" in that release, like "Astonishing X-men: Gifted" is on Netflix (or the Watchmen motion comic that was released on dvd/blu). The PSP release of the first MGS Digital Graphic novel was interactive, but lacked voice acting, and the Sons of Liberty sequel was actually never released in NA.

The Legacy Collection versions of both include full voice acting (which is new to this release), but lack the interactive "game" portion. AFAIK, its the only way to legally obtain a copy of Sons of Liberty DGN in the US.

And now I'm finished droppin' some knowledge on y'all.

#56 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

I'd love to find the MGS Legacy, I was hoping to pick it up on a sale but I never saw it below the regular $49.99 anywhere.

It was available for $30 around the holidays. Used, the only drawback is you don't get the digital vouchers for MGS and VR Missions, I think. Otherwise, the rest are on disk.

#57 pizza_suplex   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

pizza_suplex

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

Was anyone else disappointed with the quality of the MGS Legacy packaging? I was expexting a nice boxset, sort of like the Essentials collection. Instead it's just a flimsy paper slipcase. Feels chintzy for an anniversary celebration.

#58 heroes159   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

I'd love to find the MGS Legacy, I was hoping to pick it up on a sale but I never saw it below the regular $49.99 anywhere.

It went on sale.. I got Brand new sealed pack Legacy Collection from newegg in December for 29.99. it was on sale for like 3 or 4 days. I am feeling really lucky now. lol. But still didnt play it. too much games.

#59 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1936 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

FYI - there is no expiration listed for the 2 dl for MGS and when I contacted Konami the only answer they gave was dl it asap just in case.

#60 heroes159   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

FYI - there is no expiration listed for the 2 dl for MGS and when I contacted Konami the only answer they gave was dl it asap just in case.

yeah. I just checked that after i saw your post. there's no expire date for the MGS & VR missions Voucher. they cant just block it .  but anyway i should redeem it. lol

I get a feeling that Konami slowly removing MGS legacy collection PS3 from market. Maybe they are porting it to PS4 & Xbox One , so they can release it as a collection before MGS V gets released. The only reason legacy collection never came to Xbox 360 coz 360 doesn't have bluray. Now that Xbox one got Bluray. There's a very good chance they will release this collection on PS4 & Xbox one