* * * * * 3 votes

Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End

#31 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   7600 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:27 AM

I was about to start up Uncharted 1 the other day but I think I'm gonna wait it out a little and see if they decide to do an Uncharted Remastered Collection or something.

Honestly I'm just gonna be broke starting October first its insane.

Only three for me so far.

AC Unity, Shadows of mordor, and Evolve

Throw in some drive club but only the free version.

#32 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:37 AM

saw this on neogaf!

#33 Veridis_Quo   VAIR-RID-DIS CAGiversary!   2435 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:32 AM

As far as deals go, is the Digital Deluxe Edition the best way to go since it contains the Triple Pack? The physical edition doesn't include it, yet it's the same price.

#34 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24092 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

Holy shit, the reviews for this game have been excellent. I was thinking this would be more like Uncharted 3 wherein it simply doesn't live up to the hype but figures, ND delivers. Hopefully I have time to actually play it... 

And if ND can give us a solid Uncharted 4, I think I might actually be excited for a Last of Us 2. 

As far as deals go, is the Digital Deluxe Edition the best way to go since it contains the Triple Pack? The physical edition doesn't include it, yet it's the same price.

If you want all the best game content, then yeah, it's the best option. The other editions are really if you want the collectibles. 

#35 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, the hype machine is strong for this one now; I'm stoked. Even though the last one fell a little flat for me, I feel like this one will surpass the first game for some reason. It's nice when there's enough time between games that they feel fresh and that's what I'm expecting from this one. :D

#36 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11660 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

Holy shit, the reviews for this game have been excellent.

Hype level at maximum. I don't know how I will survive the next five days!

#37 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

You could spend them playing the mobile game for MP unlocks. ;)

#38 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5475 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:37 AM

You could spend them playing the mobile game for MP unlocks. ;)

That's what I've been doing, it's actually not a half bad mobile game too.  So freaking excited for this game. 

I see that Last of Us is one sale at BB this week.  I'm tempted to pick that up, too. 

#39 Brendan_Frye   all five senses CAGiversary!   1311 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:59 AM

Anyone else having trouble preloading Uncharted 4? I thought we suppose to be able to preload this yesterday, but I just keep getting the same "game is not yet available" error. WTF!!!

#40 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:42 PM

HOLY SHIT THESE GRAPHICS!

#41 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11660 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

Son of a bitch. My Amazon package was damaged in transit.  :wall:  :twoguns:  :shipfree:  :censored:  :error:  :bomb:  :cry:

#42 hacktek   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:00 PM

I'm eagerly awaiting a rent spot, definitely hyped to play this. I loved the previous 3 and played through them multiple times.

#43 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24092 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

Best game ever confirmed. 

https://gfycat.com/E...rilliantAdouri 

#44 8bitArtist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2292 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

8bitArtist

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:17 AM

Best game ever confirmed. 

https://gfycat.com/E...rilliantAdouri 

broken link

#45 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

Played this to chapter 5 last night and did some MP. So far this has been an amazing game; hands down GOTY material. I do hope the story lightens up a bit because it seems a little heavy this time around when I just wanna see Nate have some fun with Sully again. Too much drama leftover from Last of Us, Naughty Dog?

The MP I feel has become overly complex though with tighter maps and loadouts that scream CoD. They're also mixing PvE in with PvP which is a huge no-no by way of summonable NPC guards. I much preferred U2 MP in that it was simple run n' gun fun without these new AOE totems or AOE revive items. The loadouts mean in team DM there is literally no hot spots in competing for a gun spawn and you mindlessly roam the map until encountering resistance.

That said, the graphics in this game are amazing and I've been playing around with the photo mode for some incredible shots. Can't wait to see more of what's in store!

#46 Offthecrossbar   Takes One Step Forward CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Offthecrossbar

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

Some review site mentioned how good the photo mode was, and wow, I have to agree. Never thought I'd be taking/manipulating screenshots for almost as long as I actually played the game.

#47 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 12 May 2016 - 11:40 PM

I finished it last night...a really good game.  I think it and 2 are by far the best of the series.

#48 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:18 AM

On Chapter 18 right now.  Really enjoying the game!  Have absolutely no interest in the PvP though.

Can't wait to finish it up tomorrow.

I tried to search for trade in value on Best Buy and couldn't find it.  Does Best Buy not accept trade ins on release week?

#49 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:03 AM

I just started playing the game's multiplayer. I held off until I finished the story because I didn't want the multiplayer to show me any possible new characters or locations from the story. The last preview I watched for the game was the one at Geoff Keighley's award show.

It's kind of a drag having to unlock all the options for custom loadouts. It feels like the game won't really get started until I do. It'll eventually get done, but right now is not a good time for the matches to feel like a chore. Overwatch is right around the corner.

I have been looking forward to play the multiplayer again ever since the beta ended. I still think I'm going to enjoy it, but Overwatch will probably be my main game.

#50 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24092 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:17 AM

I started playing and am only like 2 hours in and holy shit, it's such an amazing looking game. 

#51 texasnightowl  

texasnightowl

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:08 AM

Just finished the single player. It was really good. Gorgeous. I think 2 still wins for me as best game in the series though. I'd probably rank them 2, 4, 1, 3. I'm not great at gun battles and there were one or two that were a little frustrating. Now just have to decide whether to play it more for now or go ahead and trade/sell it in and pick it up later. I think Mirror's Edge Catalyst is my next new game purchase unless it gets delayed again.

#52 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15677 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:12 PM

It's kind of a drag having to unlock all the options for custom loadouts. It feels like the game won't really get started until I do. It'll eventually get done, but right now is not a good time for the matches to feel like a chore. Overwatch is right around the corner.

Totally agree the gun unlocks are stupid and limit true variety in the game because anyone who doesn't invest a large chunk of time into the MP will all be stuck with the same loadouts. Who the hell is going to honestly run around using a pistol just to unlock more pistols when you can be busy mowing people down with ARs? The whole system needs revising or better yet, don't fix what wasn't broken. :bomb:

#53 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:06 PM

Who the hell is going to honestly run around using a pistol just to unlock more pistols when you can be busy mowing people down with ARs? The whole system needs revising or better yet, don't fix what wasn't broken. :bomb:

I have gotten all the LPs unlocked. I really enjoyed it since I got to try different weapons I normally wouldn't have. As for pistols, I've consistently gotten 22+ kills a match when soloing with just the Para only. Its range, power, blind-fire accuracy, and fire-rate outclass a lot of primaries.

#54 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:10 AM

What an amazing game.  Story length was excellent!  Credits are playing right now.  So many feels during the epilogue.

Makes me want to go back to the other Uncharted games.  First though, Dark Souls 3.  What a conclusion to the story.  When Uncharted 4 was announced I had just completed 3 and thought another game would be milking it.  Naughty Dog is amazing and I trust them wholeheartedly for what's next.  Sony has a powerhouse dev for sure.

The Naughty Dog stickers go great on my kibble keeper.

#55 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:26 AM

As I unlock more things the multiplayer gets more fun. I don't think I would have as much of an issue with how things unlock if this was the only multiplayer game I would be focusing on for the next few months. It's actually kind of interesting. I'm just worried it will be a while before I can be fully hyped playing the game, and I want it to put it's best foot forward while it competes with Overwatch for my time.

Street Fighter V is going to get less love, and it's probably time I just stop playing raid mode in Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

#56 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

I have gotten all the LPs unlocked. I really enjoyed it since I got to try different weapons I normally wouldn't have. As for pistols, I've consistently gotten 22+ kills a match when soloing with just the Para only. Its range, power, blind-fire accuracy, and fire-rate outclass a lot of primaries.

Is unlocking LPs somehow tied to using different weapons? Is there anything special I should be doing to make unlocking LP go faster? I think in the beta saving your in-match money helped.

Last night when I wasn't playing the mutliplayer I kind of missed playing it, so it is starting to hook me.

The next time I play I need to see if I can swap the melee and reload buttons. If I can't I guess I can use the PS4's remapping to change them. The visual button queues will probably screw me up for a while, but after a while the actions will become second nature.

#57 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:28 AM

Is unlocking LPs somehow tied to using different weapons? Is there anything special I should be doing to make unlocking LP go faster? I think in the beta saving your in-match money helped.

Each of the "categories" have 1 LP slot that have an "X" use requirement. For example: To unlock 1LP in the heavy guns category, it requires you to down 200 players with any heavy gun. Another one being side kicks, which requires you to summon any of them 200 times.

There is no shortcut to unlock LPs any faster, just have to grind it out. For side kicks,  I recommend the medic since he's the cheapest to summon. Everything else would be whatever your comfortable with using.

#58 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:40 AM

Thanks. I had been sticking to a decent loadout, and I seemed to top off at 22 LP. Now I'll concentrate on unlocking all the LP.

#59 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:21 AM

I'm past halfway through the game.  The game is great just as I'd hoped.  The graphics look spectacular.  When you get to ride your jeep and traverse the terrain, the power of the system just really pops out to you.  It's a really nice to take in.  

I've held off on MP as I just want to finish SP first since I'll have plenty of time to play MP after I'm finished with campaign.  I notice there any save/load points of the game.  It just autosaves frequently which is nice to not have to worry about making it to a certain point before stopping yourself.

#60 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   7066 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:51 AM

Just finished and can't wait for The Last of Us 2.