* * * * - 36 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 9/1: Atlus Sale, PS+ Specials, & 6 New PS+ Games! PWYW Foul Play on PS4!

#3091 Bombarded  

Bombarded

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:52 AM

I thought that theme code's supposed to work only on or after the order's release date. I still haven't tried to redeem mine

#3092 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10672 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:55 AM

This Order 1886 theme is immediately the best one I have because of the music. Poor "Beautiful Rainforest Waterfall", its reign at the top only lasted a few hours.

rsz_11351009_1606865476227093_1240183299764128.pngrsz_1download.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Gears 4, Madden 17, & NBA 2K17   :ps4: TR RotTR   :wiiu: TBD   :360: TBD    :ps3: TBD   :vita: TBD

#3093 AFRO insomniac   Old School Validating   4737 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

AFRO insomniac

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

Is Child of Light cross-buy?

Unfortunately no. I'm debating getting the PS4 version since I can stream it to my Vita (only play it at home anyways) and because the price for Vita memory is ludicrous.

I was thinking of getting the PS4 version and

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#3094 RyuKamiKage   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

RyuKamiKage

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:47 AM

Unfortunately no. I'm debating getting the PS4 version since I can stream it to my Vita (only play it at home anyways) and because the price for Vita memory is ludicrous.

I was thinking of getting the PS4 version and

Thanks for the clarification.

ryukamikage.pngClaudeSpeed20.png

#3095 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1664 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:03 AM

CAGs- think the spend $100 get $15 back is good on preorders? Thinking of going digital on BF hardline and maybe Bloodbourne.

#3096 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66878 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:06 AM

CAGs- think the spend $100 get $15 back is good on preorders? Thinking of going digital on BF hardline and maybe Bloodbourne.

It works on anything that's on the PS Store. PS+ subs, pre-orders, and anything else on there.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#3097 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:13 AM

Oh man why did you have to point SoM TiV out. I am very tempted to go digital too. There is just something about being able to go into and out of games without having to swap discs that makes me just want to switch completely =|

I am at the point where I will buy Diablo 3 digital in this sale... JUST for that reason.

SoM is a great game, I picked it up for $32 at Walmart. Tempted to do that as well.

So many times I have a disc game I think about playing.. but go for the digital ones I have installed just cause I would have to get up and displace my Boston from my lap and tick her off.. and go through the whole process of her getting back in my lap and comfortable, then toss her blanket over her again.. 

Damn needy dog..  :-P

#3098 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

Shows ps tv was a dud mine wasnt worth 40 for me to many vita games do not work.  This ps tv sure wasted sonys money like other stuff besides ps4. Oh well

Every Vita game I own works on it.

And Remote play of my PS4 is worth the price. I picked up a DS4 just for the PSTV, now I can relax and play anything.

Which BTW.. is another reason I will be buying a few digital copies of games I already have on Disc with this sale..

#3099 QuickKill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

Ugh, Telltale Collection is tempting, but I already bought GoT and I already have both TWD seasons and Wolf on PC...

#3100 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4440 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:48 AM

Shows ps tv was a dud mine wasnt worth 40 for me to many vita games do not work.  This ps tv sure wasted sonys money like other stuff besides ps4. Oh well

Most vita games work, plus it's a kickass psp/ps1 machine.   And remote play is ridiculously awesome.

Besides, it was cheap as hell for Sony to make it -- it's a vita in a different casing, it didn't exactly take an army of engineers to get it into production.   Sony's a hardware company that has a history of churning out tech - some wildly successful, some not, which is how most businesses of that size operate.

It's a shame it wasn't more successful, but bundling with the ps4 is a smart play either way.

#3101 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

The Order 1886 Dev Denies "Five Hour" Claim!!!

http://www.gamespot....m/1100-6425343/

Sounds to me like a PR stunt trying to do some damage control over the whole early YouTube video release! 

Kinda funny how first on the weekend He didn't wanted to comment but now was made to after seeing all the bad press :bs:

#3102 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

You seem to care about this way to much.

Deader2818.png

#3103 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

You seem to care about this way to much.

Yes cause I'm really tired of these dev's making movie games and think they can charge people $60 for it. If you're making a game like this then you need to be charging the price of a blu ray movie, $20.  The statement of "normal game length between eight and ten hours" from the studio executive is terrible. Why should any of us pay $60-$80 for a 10 hour game which probably has little replay quality to it? What has happened to games these past years? Full of micro-transactions and DLC crap, and all games that seem to come out are not even finished they are all buggy. The only way Developers Like EA, Ubisoft will learn from there mistakes is by us talking with our wallets and not buying games!!!

#3104 Chief Keef   GBE 3hunna CAGiversary!   1365 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Chief Keef

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

The Order 1886 Dev Denies "Five Hour" Claim!!!

http://www.gamespot....m/1100-6425343/

Sounds to me like a PR stunt trying to do some damage control over the whole early YouTube video release! 

Kinda funny how first on the weekend He didn't wanted to comment but now was made to after seeing all the bad press :bs:

There's a 0% chance I buy this game now. Thanks!

I pour a 6 in a 24 ounce now I'm leanin

Okay now let me Fuck now now I'm leavin

Baby I just smoked a whole pound now I'm dreamin

It got me buying shit like I need it

I'm high as Fuck johnny dang brighten up my jewelry then I light you up

#3105 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

Yes cause I'm really tired of these dev's making movie games and think they can charge people $60 for it. If you're making a game like this then you need to be charging the price of a blu ray movie, $20.  The statement of "normal game length between eight and ten hours" from the studio executive is terrible. Why should any of us pay $60-$80 for a 10 hour game which probably has little replay quality to it? What has happened to games these past years? Full of micro-transactions and DLC crap, and all games that seem to come out are not even finished they are all buggy. The only way Developers Like EA, Ubisoft will learn from there mistakes is by us talking with our wallets and not buying games!!!

If you don't enjoy these types of games then don't play them. It's pretty simple. If you don't want to pay $60 then you don't. What is an acceptable amount of length a game should be to charge $60? Its all subjective honestly. Ive put a shit ton of hours into Binding of Isaac and that is only $14.99 for it. Using this logic then does this mean we should be paying more then $60 for games like Dragon Age?

Also, this "5 hours long" stuff is total BS. The dude speed ran it and he played in the easiest setting. An average gamer is going to take 8-10 hours to play through it.

Deader2818.png

#3106 mastaspy007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

mastaspy007

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

I'm pretty sold on Child of Light at $7.50. What's the word on Never Alone? Seems interesting but not sure if it's gonna be worth $10. Think it'll go on sale for cheaper?

#3107 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

In what alternate universe are you paying $80 for your games, particularly as a member of this website?

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

#3108 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

I'm pretty sold on Child of Light at $7.50. What's the word on Never Alone? Seems interesting but not sure if it's gonna be worth $10. Think it'll go on sale for cheaper?

Never Alone is a good game if you play games for the stories.  There's a lot of interesting things in it about the culture and the collectables are actually worth collecting because they unlock "Cultural Insights" videos that are quick 3-5 minute documentaries.  Those documentaries also help break up game play.  The game is fairly short but it's more than long enough because it's so frustrating at times.  There are parts of the game that are absolutely awful to play with poor design and/or bugs.  I ran into one game breaking bug and had to look up how to solve several frustrating puzzles. 

If you're interested in learning about Alaskan Inuit culture and some of their myths then it's worth it at $10 but the game is deeply flawed.  I like story driven games and it was worth it for me when I bought it for $12 a while back.  If you aren't into narrative driven games or you are only a little interested in learning about their culture then I'd say wait for 5 bucks because this is a platformer and the platforming is frustrating.

The game has 2 player cooperative play.  One person plays the girl, the other plays the fox.  If you play by yourself you control both.  I played this with my wife (who doesn't play a lot of video games) and she got frustrated several times, unable to make certain jumps and I had to do those parts.  We ended up switching characters a bunch of times.

#3109 shiftymcneely   I love my Lions! CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

shiftymcneely

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

After saying I'll never go digital, I found myself going mostly digital this gen. It really is handy to just select the game and go. My thoughts is that I only buy the games I know I will want to play for the "long haul"

#3110 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

In what alternate universe are you paying $80 for your games, particularly as a member of this website?

He's probably lumping special editions for dramatic effect, which is of course a moot point.

Best Buy deals have really gone downhill ever since lowering GCU price to $30

XBL deals are absolutely shit compared to PSN, but even those have been sucking

DELL is absolutely the worst online retailer for video games. Avoid them at all costs.

Aw, what's wrong...does an internet opinion about video games disagree with yours? Cry more.

#3111 ritchardf  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

the same universe where he pays $20 for a blu ray. hell, even brand new blu rays are usually $15 somewhere on release day, unless he is just getting the 3D version of everything

#3112 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:39 PM

Do you live in Canada?  Exchange rate is bad these days.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#3113 MysticPain7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

MysticPain7

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

PS Vita Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair $23.99 $27.99 $39.99

i saw that danganronpa 2 on the OP was 19.99 for plus users. i went and checked and it was 23.99 :( 

#3114 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   66878 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

PS Vita Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair $23.99 $27.99 $39.99
i saw that danganronpa 2 on the OP was 19.99 for plus users. i went and checked and it was 23.99 :(

Thanks. Fixed it.

13th Annual CAG March Madness Tourney Signups Now Live Until 3/16!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Podcasts: Day 0 Update & Let's Weekend | Latest Videos: Personal & SmashPad

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki | My Super Mario Maker Profile

You read it. You can't unread it.

#3115 Seshka   Part-time Warrior CAGiversary!   234 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

Damn and I was just wondering when Child of Light would be on sale. 

Gotta remind myself I don't need to games I already have only because I want them on the ps3 or vita as well. 

#3116 kme06d   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   876 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:48 PM

Damn and I was just wondering when Child of Light would be on sale.

Gotta remind myself I don't need to games I already have only because I want them on the ps3 or vita as well.

Ugh, why did you have to bring that to my attention, now I'm going to need to buy it. I was waiting for a sale too. Lol.

#3117 Thebacklash   Not your Fathers Root Beer+Vanilla Frosty=Best RB Float! CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

If you don't enjoy these types of games then don't play them. It's pretty simple. If you don't want to pay $60 then you don't. What is an acceptable amount of length a game should be to charge $60? Its all subjective honestly. Ive put a shit ton of hours into Binding of Isaac and that is only $14.99 for it. Using this logic then does this mean we should be paying more then $60 for games like Dragon Age?

Also, this "5 hours long" stuff is total BS. The dude speed ran it and he played in the easiest setting. An average gamer is going to take 8-10 hours to play through it.

If I buy a game for $60 that takes 5 hours to complete, and has a fixed storyline.. that I spend half the time watching a movie... not happy.

$60 for a game like say GTA V where the story is one part, but the free roam to do whatever I want.. closer to being worth it.

Would you pay $60 for Binding of Isaac?

How about a Final Fantasy (or any RPG/JRPG) that has 5 hours total gameplay including the in game movies? Worth $60?

Cheap Ass Gamer. not Bend-me-over Gamer. 

I was never interested in The Order anyway.. so it doesn't bother me, except that this isn't the first time it's happened.. and it won't be the last.

#3118 Investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2003 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Investor9872

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

If the developers would add a multiplayer mode to The Order in the future, then paying $60 for the game, short or not, will probably make more sense.  Who knows?  That may still happen.  As it is now, there's no need to get upset over the actual length of the game yet.  If it's short, and with a lot of cut-scenes, then just rent the game and be content.  If it's around 10 hours long with the cut-scenes, then wait for a price drop like the brilliant Wolfenstein game.

Spoiler

#3119 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11126 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

If the developers would add a multiplayer mode to The Order in the future, then paying $60 for the game, short or not, will probably make more sense.  Who knows?  That may still happen.  As it is now, there's no need to get upset over the actual length of the game yet.  If it's short, and with a lot of cut-scenes, then just rent the game and be content.  If it's around 10 hours long with the cut-scenes, then wait for a price drop like the brilliant Wolfenstein game.

I'd much prefer the Devs put all their effort into crafting a good single player mode then being distracted with a tacked on competitive multiplayer mode (coop is always welcome though). Very few shooters in which single player is the primary focus have good competitive multiplayer modes.

Guardian_owl.png

#3120 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:03 PM

Frisky, can you give me the link again to that PS TV compatibility thread you made? Thanks in advance.

XBL: starsleep3 .... PSN / Switch: Champloo4

1035269.png