* * * * * 4 votes

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Out May 19th!

Witcher 3 Playstation 4 Xbox One PC May 19th RPG Open World Amazing

#31 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

I am going to put this in the OP too but here it is http://www.gamespot....c/1100-6427400/

When you start the game on consoles you will be able to start with a default world state or you can bring over decisions made in the 2nd game. This Gamespot article outlines the questions asked as well as the details on the events/people involved.

Is there a time limit when we're presented with these choices? I'm going to read through and decide my answers now, just curious if in-game it's timed.

#32 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

double post. 

#33 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:05 PM

triple post, please delete. 

#34 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

Is there a time limit when we're presented with these choices? I'm going to read through and decide my answers now, just curious if in-game it's timed.

Hm I cannot imagine there is a time limit, likely just will sit on a blank screen for a long time haha.

I always let as many people live as possible in games my first playthrough is possible so I will be going with...

Letting Aryan live, siding with Iorveth, saving Saskia, Saving Sile and letting Letho walk. I honestly barely remember the story since it has been so long since Wticher 2 came out! I feel like at least that article gives a decent idea and then on top of that CDPR said that they are going to make it an easy transition for new people so likely strong background info will be provided early in game.

#35 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

Hm I cannot imagine there is a time limit, likely just will sit on a blank screen for a long time haha.

I always let as many people live as possible in games my first playthrough is possible so I will be going with...

Letting Aryan live, siding with Iorveth, saving Saskia, Saving Sile and letting Letho walk. I honestly barely remember the story since it has been so long since Wticher 2 came out! I feel like at least that article gives a decent idea and then on top of that CDPR said that they are going to make it an easy transition for new people so likely strong background info will be provided early in game.

This is what I'm thinking I'll do for my choices; SPOILERS!!!

Spoiler

#36 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

Havent read much about the game but i might pick this up. Any idea if ps4 remote play works for this game? I should have preordered. Now iiased out on steel books.

#37 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

Havent read much about the game but i might pick this up. Any idea if ps4 remote play works for this game? I should have preordered. Now iiased out on steel books.

They talked about it back in 2013 that they would have controls that would work well on Vita. I haven't heard/read anything since then though. 

And yeah all the steelbooks look awesome for this game. Unfortunately money is tight so I already found buyers for all of mine hah

#38 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

They talked about it back in 2013 that they would have controls that would work well on Vita. I haven't heard/read anything since then though.

And yeah all the steelbooks look awesome for this game. Unfortunately money is tight so I already found buyers for all of mine hah

Thanks for the info. Hehe! I will have to hold off then. I usually want a good remote play function when buying games now. It definielt gave my vita its 2nd life so to speak. Hehe!

Man, Definitely my fault for not checking up on this game. I actually thought it was xbox exclusive at first. Lol! Oh well.

#39 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:47 PM

Thanks for the info. Hehe! I will have to hold off then. I usually want a good remote play function when buying games now. It definielt gave my vita its 2nd life so to speak. Hehe! Man, Definitely my fault for not checking up on this game. I actually thought it was xbox exclusive at first. Lol! Oh well.

The way they have been marketing lately you would think it is. All the ads specify Xbox One and have no mention of other versions. Plus the CE has more content with X1.

My deciding factor though was that they blatantly said it was easier to program for the PS4. So it is funny probably after that Microsoft was like... shit we need to sway this back in our favor!

Regardless I am just sitting here impatiently waiting at work. For the last like 30 minutes I have not cared to do anything and am just sitting and waiting for it to turn 5 so I can rush to the train and stand there for another hour... waiting... AND THENNNN finally be home pretty much right when the digital version unlocks : D

#40 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:53 PM

Haha! I think the last video i saw about this game was the CE unboxing my Mjr Nelson and he mentioned it was exclusive or skmething so that was that. Haha! I can actually can still preorder and pick it up at 9pm tonight. The last time i had to do midnight release was destiny, and that was midnight. And i just recently found out that west coast do releases at 9 to coincide with the east time. Hehe

#41 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8709 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:15 AM

I am so excited for this game. I ended up really disliking Dragon Age Inquisition after about 25 hours in because it felt too much like a MMO. This feels like a proper WRPG and to top it off the world is massive.

I have not played it yet but it looks like this will be the best WRPG since Skyrim and while I love the freedom of Elder Scrolls games, this has a story and sidequests I will give a damn about.

#42 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:18 AM

Your wrong

#43 SynGamer   Daydreamer & Dilettante. Rated M for Mature. CAGiversary!   8804 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:26 AM

Your wrong

Care to elaborate? Wrong about what?

#44 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:06 AM

I am so excited for this game. I ended up really disliking Dragon Age Inquisition after about 25 hours in because it felt too much like a MMO. This feels like a proper WRPG and to top it off the world is massive.

I have not played it yet but it looks like this will be the best WRPG since Skyrim and while I love the freedom of Elder Scrolls games, this has a story and sidequests I will give a damn about.

I enjoyed Dragon Age a great deal but it grew old after a while. While I feel DA was a great RPG overall I am REALLY loving the set up of the Witcher 3. I have heard it compared to a medieval Red Dead RPG and I can totally see that... which is great.

Your wrong

Yeah care to explain?

I actually skipped past the part to make decisions apparently I think... it says 'simulate game save or something and I said yes but I guess that meant to simulate as if you already had one and just go from there. Oh well I guess I will be going with the basic game state which is what the devs probably consider the main route. I realized this a bit in and did not care to restart because I was having too much fun!

I will say Death March definitely is giving me a run for my money. Especially early on when EVERYTHING outlevels you, it is pretty much a hit or two and you are dead. Really have to quickly master the combat system or else you are toast hah

#45 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6520 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:12 AM

Should I just youtube the story of Witcher 1 & 2? Or should I at least play 2? I have all two games and the third one coming tomorrow.

#46 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

You don't really have to play the earlier ones to get into this one. I am sure yeah there are some youtube or text summaries somewhere that can get you acquainted enough if you really want though yeah. If you plan on beating one and two before you even touch three you are looking at 100 hours or so however so really that is your call. Seems silly to get the newest one just to have it sit but that is just me!

#47 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6520 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:23 AM

Yeah, I was at least planning to play the second one but never got around to it. I might just skip to 3.

#48 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:24 AM

Yeah, I was at least planning to play the second one but never got around to it. I might just skip to 3.

As usual SOMETHING has to get pushed further in the back log... haha : P

#49 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:08 AM

Looks like the decision making part from the previous game occurs after the lengthy prologue-type sequence with hunting the Griffin by the way! Just got there and am calling it a night. Absolutely amazing game so far!

#50 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

Care to elaborate? Wrong about what?

There's a time limit for the choices you make

#51 DurbanBrown   to the MOON CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

DurbanBrown

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

so far so good. only played a few hours but really enjoyed it.

#52 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7708 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:24 PM

There's a time limit for the choices you make

What happens if you wait too long? I know there are certain events where you need to make a decision quickly but the ones about the previous games don't have the same set up it seems.

#53 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12828 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:36 PM

Can't wait to play this tonight.

#54 BonedChaos   If you don't like John Candy you can GTFO CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

Nobody talks on the PC topic on this forum, so I'll come over here :) 

I've put about 6 hours into the game so far and I'm absolutely loving it! This will be a game that ranks as one of my all time favorites. The lighting, graphics, characters, story....whatever, are amazing. Well worth the the money, since their is so much to do. I don't know why, but I really like to swim around and try to find things.

#55 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4328 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

Can't wait to get off work and pick this up. I am getting my copy on the Xbox One after hearing that it runs a little better on the One and I have a ton more space on my drive compared to my PS4. If I could run it on PC though, that would the platform of choice for me for sure. So glad that I have quit playing Destiny and have no desire to play House of Wolves, especially with Witcher 3 coming out today as well. 

#56 bestkeeper14   Currently Playing Madden 16 CAGiversary!   4149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

bestkeeper14

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

Can't wait to get off work and pick this up. I am getting my copy on the Xbox One after hearing that it runs a little better on the One and I have a ton more space on my drive compared to my PS4. If I could run it on PC though, that would the platform of choice for me for sure. So glad that I have quit playing Destiny and have no desire to play House of Wolves, especially with Witcher 3 coming out today as well. 

So wait which system did you get it on?

Actually it runs best on PC, then PS4, and then 360... just an fyi, came from the developers themselves.

#57 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4328 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:39 PM

So wait which system did you get it on?

Actually it runs best on PC, then PS4, and then 360... just an fyi, came from the developers themselves.

I doubt it runs on 360 at all.  :lol:

I am getting it on Xbox One. I had read online that on the One it runs slightly better than PS4, either way it doesn't mater I would have gotten on the One regardless due to hard drive space limitations on my PS4. PC is the clear winner, but I unfortunately cannot run the PC version at all.  :-(

#58 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

What happens if you wait too long? I know there are certain events where you need to make a decision quickly but the ones about the previous games don't have the same set up it seems.

I made a mistake there no time choice I was playing a different game lol

#59 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Closed Account   13745 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

I'm not liking the game at all

Edited by starmask2k3, 19 May 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#60 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

Game is fucking GR8, last game I actually payed attention to all the dialog since Mass Effect 2.

Prob going for my 2nd plat(out of like 200 games lol)