* * * * * 1 votes

Dark Souls 3 - Only Embers Remain - The Ringed City DLC: March 28th

#151 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, that boss was easily the hardest I fought and agreed best boss arena. Just getting onto the arena took me a few minutes of "uh, where do I go lol? Oh. . .you just drop onto it." Sad thing is, he's an optional boss so unless you knew what to do, you'd skip it entirely playing through.

To counter your point on RNG, gaming the system is one thing to bait bosses into a pattern that's easy to beat but I'd rather just master the combat system and be able to count on a static set of moves to dodge and counterattack. Point being, I want to feel like I mastered a fight, not "I got lucky".

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#152 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7628 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:47 AM

Sooooo, with 60 INT and a solid staff, Magic is a completely viable option it seems. I am really enjoying it. Running with a Fire Scimitar to swap to for melee combat outside of the Farron Flashsword and am looking to hopefully main this build with a Painting Guardian's Curved Sword. (This is build three for me now haha oh how Souls games consume my life...)

#153 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:26 PM

What makes no sense to me is they put a stat cap on weapons, or at least the MLGS, at 40 so pumping any more INT is just for spells and that feels wasteful to me. I'm assuming the patch did nothing to balance anything but I've moved on anyway to Alienation (addicting once you start to master the flow of combat).

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#154 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:55 PM

Does From maybe wanna tell us something? Because I'm not laughing. If what people have discovered is true, then I've lost all respect for From as a company given the complete silence in over a month since it released. If this is a bug, which it clearly is, then why ignore player feedback when they've clearly addressed notable issues already? Are they embarrassed? Did they think we wouldn't notice? Are they clueless? I doubt it.

I'm not even upset about poise being broken, it's the fact they would sit there and say nothing on the matter all while players wonder. I'm disappointed because they're better than that.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#155 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7628 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2016 - 09:37 PM

Yeah I have been keeping a keen eye on all the poise discussions and testing and it is really bizarre. I agree that they [From Software] are better than that and they should communicate to us SOMETHING. I for one never liked bulking up with heavy armor anyway myself and so I have not really been too bothered by the skewed stat but it still is pretty ridiculous. 

#156 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4532 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:23 PM

I knew there was something wrong with poise when I could poke people wearing Havels into stun lock submission.  :lol:

OT: I just completed the Nioh alpha demo and I loved it! It's a proper Souls game with a samurai setting. Give it a try if your on PS4 and it's available until May 5th. After that it becomes deactivated and no longer accessible. 

Dark Souls 3 Latest Update Gets In-Depth Analysis Of Longsword, Twinswords And Pyromancy Changes

#157 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7628 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:15 AM

I was just coming here to say how amazing Nioh is! haha I freaking love it. Feels like a beautiful love child of Ninja Gaiden/Onimusha + Souls + a hint of Diablo with the constant loot.

I want to play Nioh through to the end and really farm the crap out of it and level up but at the same time hate the idea of it just being a demo!

#158 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6891 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:32 AM

I'm really enjoying Nioh as well.  A nice breath of fresh air after I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get a single (let alone 30) Watchdogs/Darkmoon summon. 

I'm curious to see what Nioh was like back in 2004 when it was first announced.  Might have to look up some stuff when I wake up in the AM.

538822.png

#159 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7628 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

I'm really enjoying Nioh as well.  A nice breath of fresh air after I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get a single (let alone 30) Watchdogs/Darkmoon summon. 

I'm curious to see what Nioh was like back in 2004 when it was first announced.  Might have to look up some stuff when I wake up in the AM.

I was curious too. I wonder if it was nearly as Souls inspired as it is today.

Regardless after putting in way too many hours into the Alpha I can honestly say that Nioh has skyrocketed to one of, if not THE most anticipated game for me for the rest of the year.

#160 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4532 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:46 AM

Dark Souls 3 hackers are gifting modded items to unsuspecting players

"“Invalid Gave Data” notification explained; workaround suggested."

OT: It's great that others here enjoyed it too so I made a Nioh Thread:D

#161 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

I read about that hacker this morning and just adds to the heap of shit DS3 is getting. I'm contemplating just getting Sins on PS4 to replay a real Souls game instead. Of course what we could really use is that Demon's Souls remaster to fill that empty feeling DS3 left. . .

I had heard Nioh was no good? Guess I'll have to check it out later.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#162 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:24 PM

Community Manager is going to ask the team about poise. Hopefully we get a solid answer what went wrong.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#163 evilw0n   Deals & Games CAGiversary!   1799 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:28 AM

Community Manager is going to ask the team about poise. Hopefully we get a solid answer what went wrong.

They need to address the hitbox crap as well not to mention basic sprite physics in

Spoiler

Hitbox is a joke in pvp.

#164 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:33 PM

Hitboxes in PvP for this game have always been narrow when slicing vertically because it treats your character like a stick figure. Most players strafe for this reason when coming in for an attack and tend to swing horizontal with their attacks to ensure it connects. Latency above all is the biggest problem when factoring hitboxes so in a P2P hosting game like this, it's dogshit. I have fun PvPing in games like these, but I don't consider it serious PvP without dedicated servers and proper balance.

Souls games have always been a joke for PvP.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#165 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

So I picked up Dark Souls 2 from the universal drop on PS4 and my god, now I understand just why everything felt so off. The controls and dodging in DS2 are SO MUCH BETTER than 3. After playing them back to back, I'm honestly scratching my head thinking wtf happened? Does poise affect things like iframe invincibility or something because DS2 seems far more clean in terms of what connects, but I'm also noticing enemies are less cleave heavy and it's easier to strafe dodge quite a lot versus DS3. I know I had plenty of frustration with fights in DS2, but they stemmed from my own screwups versus just how punishing 3 felt.

Maybe it's a matter of they slowly let Souls games become too easy and then just dialed it up hardcore. All I know is I'm having fun again just playing through 2 and I see plenty of other players running around so I can't wait for some PvP. :D

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#166 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   4119 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:48 PM

DS2 is the only soulsborne game that runs on 60 fps on ps4 right? 

ironman.gif

#167 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:50 PM

DS2 is the only soulsborne game that runs on 60 fps on ps4 right? 

Yes and my god it's glorious. Makes me wish more games ran at 60 FPS on PS4. :(

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#168 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   4119 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:56 PM

Yes and my god it's glorious. Makes me wish more games ran at 60 FPS on PS4. :(

Overwatch is running @ 60FPS and its glorious. 

ironman.gif

#169 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:09 AM

That's the Blizzard MOBA right? Two of my least favorite things in gaming right there haha.

I'm mainly just killing time until Uncharted to get my MP on. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#170 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7628 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:38 AM

That's the Blizzard MOBA right? Two of my least favorite things in gaming right there haha.

I'm mainly just killing time until Uncharted to get my MP on. ;)

Not sure why this game is always referred to as a MOBA. Definitely not. It is basically Team Fortress 2 x100 and with 21 classes instead of 9.

My initial reaction was it is basically Shadowrun + Team Fortress 2 + Pixar movie + Awesome hahah

#171 ChalupaBatman   Bruce Willy CAGiversary!   4119 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

ChalupaBatman

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:54 AM

Not sure why this game is always referred to as a MOBA. Definitely not. It is basically Team Fortress 2 x100 and with 21 classes instead of 9.

My initial reaction was it is basically Shadowrun + Team Fortress 2 + Pixar movie + Awesome hahah

Best FPS game in a long time, its so fun lol

Seems balanced also, most characters have 2-3 hard counters besides Pharah. 

ironman.gif

#172 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

Ah ok. I wasn't a fan of TF2; tried it and didn't like it.

I'm still having fun playing through DS2 again but Uncharted drops tomorrow so it'll be time to shelve this series for a while. I hope they remaster DS and DS1 because those games deserve another day in the sun considering how badly they botched DS3. I want my two favorites on PS4 dammit! :bomb:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#173 BrolyB593   instagram.com/britton_draws CAGiversary!   7628 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:24 PM

Ah ok. I wasn't a fan of TF2; tried it and didn't like it.

I'm still having fun playing through DS2 again but Uncharted drops tomorrow so it'll be time to shelve this series for a while. I hope they remaster DS and DS1 because those games deserve another day in the sun considering how badly they botched DS3. I want my two favorites on PS4 dammit! :bomb:

One of my buddies, a fellow CAG, LinkinPrime, has always been so against the series. He said he just could never get into them and he would repeatedly try and hate it. He saw all my videos for 3 and said he wanted to try again and so he Redboxed it and then the next day went and bought it and has been playing hours every day haha he finally saw the light! : P

That being said though I feel like now that he has a better grasp and appreciate for Souls games that if he went back to revisit 1 and 2 that he would absolutely love them. The visuals however are what are putting him off from DS1 and so a remaster would definitely help that issue.. plus I would love to be playing that with updated graphics and 60fps myself! : P

#174 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:31 PM

Lol, he once temp banned me here for calling his 'precious' Halo, "Failo". Can't be sure but Cheapy may have revoked his moderator status over him being a typical ragey fanboi for that lol. Ah memories of good times. ;)

Speaking of streaming, my buddy Luz is doing his typical interactive stream for DS3 if anyone is curious. He's actually a really entertaining streamer by most accounts in that he gets heavy into the lore and roleplay of RPGs. I've gamed with him in the past; he joined our guild back in 2008 for Tabula Rasa and Age of Conan. Really nice guy with a hardcore edge. <3

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#175 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1224 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

I think I messed up not buying the collector's edition.

I was planning to wait until I was done with finals and hope it was overproduced like DS2.

827681.png827683.png

TRADE LIST : PS Vita, 3ds XL, and more!

REVIVE PHANTOM DUST / Now playing: Mario Odyssey, Zelda BOTW DLC

#176 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4532 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:17 AM

Dark Souls III tops three million shipments, Dark Souls series tops 13 million

The number includes 500,000 shipped in Japan and Asia, 1.5 million shipped in North America, and one million shipped in Europe.

#177 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:54 PM

3 million shipped isn't all that great anymore but still a success I'm sure. I'm wondering just how much sold on hype and promise of "final souls game" though.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#178 evilw0n   Deals & Games CAGiversary!   1799 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

Had to start a second play through, not NG+ but a second play through for things I forgot and with a different build.  Not sure how quickly I'll get through it with Uncharted waiting for me this weekend.  

I decided upon that after I accidentally hit Patches and had to put him down and got Greirat killed as I forgot about

Spoiler
 among other things.  That and I did not get to play enough with Watchdogs.

#179 Kerouac   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1891 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

I finally platted this game. It was such a struggle. I was only summoned 4 times through two play-throughs as a BotD. Luckily two of them netted me a Well Kept ear. I ended up farming the rest via the Silver Knights in Anor Londo. I started to unequip my Avarice helm before resting at the bonfire. I would then equip it after resting. I was running 497 discovery. After I started doing this I began to earn an ear every 7-8 runs. Before I started doing this I would get an ear every 25-30 runs. My nephew is the same SL as me and he was summoned close to 15 times over a three hour period last night. I just don't understand the mechanics of being summoned. 

Trade List Games & DLC

#180 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13306 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

Official word on poise is "working as intended". Sorry From, it isn't and your game is worse for it. Furthermore, brushing off fans with an explanation of "different" and "situational" is a huge Fuck you.

Luckily, the next souls game is in the form of a board game which closes funding in 3 days on kickstarter so jump on it if you guys want one! Poise works, pinky promise. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg