* * * - - 4 votes

Preorder Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for $59.99 (GS/Amazon/BB); Collector's Edition $79.99 (GS exclusive)

Destiny complete edition Taken King Expansion GameStop

#31 Darthziggy   Friendly neighborhood lurker CAGiversary!   587 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Darthziggy

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

I'm not very happy that the collector edition is 1) GS exclusive and 2) comes with all the stuff I already have. May have to pass it up.

If this dlc is like the others, it's already on disc. The season pass is just a small download. I haven't heard about this dlc though. I'm sure there will be plenty of ways to chip away at the price tag. This is CAG and it ain't our first rodeo.

If you look at Bungie's site for the DLC, it says you need 40 GB free space for PS4/XB1 and 20 GB for 360/PS3, so as much as that may have been the case with DLC 1 and 2, I don't think it will be this time.

#32 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1250 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:03 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...s=960&keys=keys

Preorders on Best Buy for the standard edition.  It's still the game, + season pass plus the new DLC for $60-GCU right?

That's really not bad, even with the destiny hate I spewed.

I downloaded the Destiny demo today and it let me play crucible/earth with my level 30s haha.

I'm not going to preoder, but I could see myself playing.

#33 Asgardian   Crazy Ass Game Collector CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:17 PM

Wow.. I totally misread the title and thought this was about the next "tekken" getting a CE.

#34 j.t   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:21 PM

Awesome will pick up at BB. Quit playing after first expansion pack was release because I was still stuck on level 29.

#35 The1llusiveMan   The Once and Future Gamer CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

The1llusiveMan

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

I went in and preordered it yesterday. I bought the Ghost Edition and loved it despite my constant regret I have whenever I buy collector's editions. I didn't feel it with the GE, I was happy with what I got, especially since I'm still playing and loving the game to this day. So I figured I HAVE to get this one. I'm now a sucker for everything Destiny. Gotta figure out what to do with the extra game and expansions. Sucks there's no Year 1 collector's edition. That would've been awesome.

Yeah. They charge once it ships. If you don't have enough on the card, they should suspend your transaction around release date and ask for another method of payment.

Ha, see, I knew it! The gamestop guy was extremely confident that they charge immediately. I had heard about them charging when they ship on this site, so I was extremely hesitant because the card I was using expires in august. So I just bought a gift card and used that. He was like ooooooooooook, you don't have to do that but if you want to... I would've been pisssssssssed if I had to change payment and didn't have the funds come release day. 

#36 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:03 PM

Ha, see, I knew it! The gamestop guy was extremely confident that they charge immediately. I had heard about them charging when they ship on this site, so I was extremely hesitant because the card I was using expires in august. So I just bought a gift card and used that. He was like ooooooooooook, you don't have to do that but if you want to... I would've been pisssssssssed if I had to change payment and didn't have the funds come release day.

If it was an online order they won't charge until it ships. If it was an in store web order, they will charge in full upfront.

#37 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

The next 2 pieces of dlc that are coming out in Year 2 of Destiny are not included in the Taken King Legendary Edition right?

#38 ghost1914  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

Does anyone know if the dlc will be all on the disc or if they will be codes for each one?

#39 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:30 PM

Does anyone know if the dlc will be all on the disc or if they will be codes for each one?

The trend is base game + codes. The game disc would have a high value if it was all on the disc, but I doubt Bungie would go that route

#40 ghost1914  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

The trend is base game + codes. The game disc would have a high value if it was all on the disc, but I doubt Bungie would go that route

Separate codes works for me as I can sell the first 2 dlc since I don't need them.

#41 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

The next 2 pieces of dlc that are coming out in Year 2 of Destiny are not included in the Taken King Legendary Edition right?

This is what I am wondering. So if you buy the $80 version, you get the Taken King plus expansion 3 and 4?

#42 ghost1914  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

This is what I am wondering. So if you buy the $80 version, you get the Taken King plus expansion 3 and 4?

Taken king is expansion 3 and I don't think you get the fourth one after that.

#43 mars009   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ CAGiversary!   1588 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

Mmm so unless you don't have the original + expansions the bundled version is not really worth it (imo). I might just wait until Destiny 2 comes out then

#44 ghost1914  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

Mmm so unless you don't have the original + expansions the bundled version is not really worth it (imo). I might just wait until Destiny 2 comes out then

Dlc is $40 by itself so if you have credit to use then it is worth it. I paid $41 out of pocket so I'm happy with my purchase. And if the codes are all separate then you can probably get $15-20 back by selling the first two dlc.

#45 walls99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the info OP. I have Destiny on the PS3 and haven't bought the DLCs yet. I have waited to get the game on the PS4. I didn't want to pay $80 at gamestop for the legendary edition. Now I can pay $48 at Best Buy with GCU for everything.

#46 The1llusiveMan   The Once and Future Gamer CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

The1llusiveMan

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:06 AM

If it was an online order they won't charge until it ships. If it was an in store web order, they will charge in full upfront.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I trusted he knew what he was talking about, but all I knew was it charges when shipped.

#47 daver16   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   622 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:11 AM

It's available for preorder in stores now with a $25 deposit

#48 fuze9   piddle patrol, assemble! CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:16 AM

Yeah, this is garbage. There needs to be a real discount for existing customers/expansion pass owners. Those jumping in now can twice the game for half the cost with this bundle. *more grumbles about being suckered into the hype*

#49 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13743 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:20 AM

If this dlc is like the others, it's already on disc. The season pass is just a small download. I haven't heard about this dlc though. I'm sure there will be plenty of ways to chip away at the price tag. This is CAG and it ain't our first rodeo.

I'm shocked no on actually addressed this dum dum yet. None of the DLC was already in disc for the first two expansions. Areas wee accessible if you glitched into them, but they were incomplete. And also, they're just recycled spots from original missions with one or two new sections added. Everything else, all assets and in game items were provided via patches. For example, House of Wolves, which just launched last month, had three patches prior to release. These patches loaded the DLC into the game world so that when HoW was unlocked, you could play right away. You preloaded 2-3 GB worth of patches before the release date of the DLC. Did you just think that was for the hell of it? Then on release date, they pushed one small update that unlocked everything.

Please stop spreading misinformation when you have no idea what you're talking about.

#50 Moxieman  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:32 AM

So if taken king is like the base game, they will sell digital deluxe edition download cards at best buy. Does GCU apply to those?

#51 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:45 AM

So if taken king is like the base game, they will sell digital deluxe edition download cards at best buy. Does GCU apply to those?

Nope. GCU does not work on digital copies unfortunately :(

#52 R_Fated_Circle   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

R_Fated_Circle

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:23 AM

i wonder if the legendary edition comes with vouchers or if it's on disc. If it's on disc i may purchase if it's a voucher then probably not

#53 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:37 PM

Taken King is not expansion 3. There was a leaked screenshot of the destiny schedule back in January. Taken King was called Comet, and it was going to be a physical release because it was supposed to be big. Ep. 3 & 4 are scheduled to be released afterwards

#54 ProfessorStotch   Banned CAGiversary!   13743 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

Taken King is not expansion 3. There was a leaked screenshot of the destiny schedule back in January. Taken King was called Comet, and it was going to be a physical release because it was supposed to be big. Ep. 3 & 4 are scheduled to be released afterwards

Yes but TTK doesn't get you either of those.

#55 ghost1914  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

So if it's not an expansion then what is it?

#56 S0DA POPINSKI   Cagasaurus CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

S0DA POPINSKI

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

lol read the topic as the "Tekken King Legendary Edition". Was like what the heck is that ?!?!

#57 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

So if it's not an expansion then what is it?

Well, idk lol it is actually going to be Destiny's first "expansion"...The Dark Below was pathetic and The House of Wolves was a better attempt. These 2 packs just re-used the world to add new missions. Taken King will hopefully be an actual expansion

#58 NINJA V   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

looks like the ps4 collector's edition is no longer available online for preorder.

#59 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44269 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:25 PM

Whoa,  wonder if this thing will actually be rare. Just preordered my X1 copy last night.

#60 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3612 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:40 PM

Lol @ Destiny being rare. While it is a great price, there are far too many shooters coming out around the same time. This would have been better if you could get access to the base game, along with the 2 expansions now and then get the other when it is released.