* * * - - 4 votes

Preorder Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for $59.99 (GS/Amazon/BB); Collector's Edition $79.99 (GS exclusive)

Destiny complete edition Taken King Expansion GameStop

#61 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:45 PM

Lol @ Destiny being rare. While it is a great price, there are far too many shooters coming out around the same time. This would have been better if you could get access to the base game, along with the 2 expansions now and then get the other when it is released.

But how is Bungie is suppose to make the Super Duper Guardian Complete Edition if they give us access to all dlc now?

Yes but TTK doesn't get you either of those.

I never said that it did :)

#62 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3159 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:49 PM

Shit. I forgot about that! I am definitely in for 5 when that gets announced. Hurry up Bungie!!

#63 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44248 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:19 PM

Lol @ Destiny being rare. 

Guess you forgot about the CE with the Ghost replica, that one turned out to be quite rare.

#64 ghost1914  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:27 PM

I still have my Ghost. He is sitting on one of my entertainment stand shelves.

#65 NINJA V   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

doesn't really make sense to limit the collector's edition since the original collector's edition seems to still be pretty widely available for just a little bit over the original retail price - however this is a GS exclusive so... I would jump on it if it for those who haven't already if it becomes available again.

#66 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

I still have my Ghost. He is sitting on one of my entertainment stand shelves.

That ghost was nice...

#67 iduncurr   McNubbin CAGiversary!   2796 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

I still have my Ghost Edition new in box...so I can't even enjoy the smooth voice of Tyrion Lannister speaking to me.

I'm replaying Destiny right now. I stopped after the new DLC dropped and made all my old equipment crap.

I figure if I'm doing to buy the Taken King DLC I'd do it directly from the PSN store to get the bonus credits for spending $100 

#68 DoctorZ  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

I've never played the copy I bought but once or twice.

I'll wait for a price drop or something since it seems like many people won't be picking this up right away.

#69 lectersvictim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

lectersvictim

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:59 PM

Are you still able to pre-order Destiny: The Taken King CE in-store for PS4 at Gamestop?

#70 dxology   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   167 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:53 PM

Are you still able to pre-order Destiny: The Taken King CE in-store for PS4 at Gamestop?

I was able to today at my GameStop around 4:00 eastern

#71 sladeums   fnord CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:59 PM

I was able to today at my GameStop around 6:00 Central

#72 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:25 AM

Sure why not? I went ahead and ordered a CE...And yeah I did get a Ghost Edition (a lot of tears behind that one). I pulled out the ghost model today before my fubared CE of Tales of Xillia came in...then I noticed that he was saying something relevant to Milla...

Spoiler

Freely mock me with Spaceballs memes/gifs.

#73 alextastic   keepin' it real. CAGiversary!   1094 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

alextastic

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

This is the main game AND the new expansion, right? Can I just buy the expansion buy itself online?

#74 Draknight   Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:46 AM

This is the main game AND the new expansion, right? Can I just buy the expansion buy itself online?

Yeah you can for $40. I believe the new taken king compilation comes with the destiny disc, the season pass code, and the taken king code.

#75 Moxieman  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

Plot twist- Taken King, House of Wolves, and Dark Below are on disc and Destiny is a code

#76 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:40 PM

i wonder if the legendary edition comes with vouchers or if it's on disc. If it's on disc i may purchase if it's a voucher then probably not

I'm wondering the same. I already have everything digital.

#77 lowonthetrack  

lowonthetrack

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:37 PM

Anybody able to preorder the Collector's at GameStop today?

#78 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

And now we wait for this at $19.99 at bestbuy.

giphy.gif
I like gifs

Problem is the more you wait the more people playing are just going to be high level.

Then we join a n00b clan and work from the bottom to the top!

#79 Moxieman  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:57 PM

Okay, I have a tricky question:

Collector's Edition is PS4, XBO only, so I preordered a PS4 one.

Now, I know the DLC won't work on the PS3 I have, but since characters transfer between previous gen and new gen games, If i redeemed the collectors edition bonuses like the shaders and armor on a PS4, would I have access to those things on my character on my PS3?

#80 ghost1914  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:19 PM

Now, I know the DLC won't work on the PS3 I have, but since characters transfer between previous gen and new gen games, If i redeemed the collectors edition bonuses like the shaders and armor on a PS4, would I have access to those things on my character on my PS3?

I would say no but I could be wrong. Since they are limited to the CE as we know so far it is possible the code for them was only made for next gen titles.

#81 DWulf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:16 PM

Anybody able to preorder the Collector's at GameStop today?

Yep, my local Gamestop had both available for in-store pre-order at about 5 PM CST today.

#82 Moxieman  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:59 PM

I would say no but I could be wrong. Since they are limited to the CE as we know so far it is possible the code for them was only made for next gen titles.

Well they have the digital collector's edition on PS3, so the items will exist on last gen.

I know I will have to buy the PS3 expansion separately, but this way it would be $120 to have completely up to date games on both systems, vs 140 for a collectors and a legendary.

#83 Khanibal   Banned Banned   28 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Khanibal

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:20 PM

Fool me once...

#84 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:12 AM

Yep, my local Gamestop had both available for in-store pre-order at about 5 PM CST today.

Also good around 6:30PM CT.

#85 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:48 AM

Most likely not. I redeemed the GS exclusive Red Sparrow, Blacksmith shader, and LE emblem + ship + red ghost on PS4, and when you play on PS3, they are blacked out and show up as generic colors.

#86 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44248 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:23 AM

For those of you looking to get the whole set digitally, you can get it now and have access to the full game and its 2 DLCs right now:

Digital Collector’s Edition includes: Destiny, The Dark Below (Expansion I), House of Wolves (Expansion II) and The Taken King (estimated release date is 9/15/15). It also includes other content including commemorative digital items and VIP rewards – please read the full description found at the Destiny product page.

Pre-purchase to immediately begin playing Destiny and both Expansions (I & II) today!

http://majornelson.c...e-for-xbox-one/

#87 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

Most likely not. I redeemed the GS exclusive Red Sparrow, Blacksmith shader, and LE emblem + ship + red ghost on PS4, and when you play on PS3, they are blacked out and show up as generic colors.

That sucks! All my stuff carried over from ps3 to ps4

#88 Ham Salad 360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Ham Salad 360

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:14 AM

That sucks! All my stuff carried over from ps3 to ps4

Destiny's add-ons only carried over from last gen to current gen. So f you still have on your PS3, it might work again.

#89 dc_fortythree   This was a triumph CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

dc_fortythree

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

thanks OP!

#90 MetalSlugger   :P CAGiversary!   2741 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

MetalSlugger

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:35 AM

Grabbed a PS4 CE preorder from GameStop since I want to move on from the 360 version.  $80 for stuff to add to my Ghost Edition plus the entire experience on the best platform for the game?  Sold.