* * * * - 10 votes

Best Buy Video Games Clearance Thread

BestbuyBest Buy Video games Clearance Xbox Ps4 Wii Vita 3ds

#31 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:54 PM

This is now the official "BlackRockWaifu likes your comment" thread

Post for free likes from your favorite CAGers such as: BlackRockWaifu

I just liked all of your posts from my second page just to read the comments afterwards...

#32 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

there are alot of rumors zombie u is coming to ps4 n xbox one

#33 ghost1914  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:00 PM

Ain't played the game.

But, you should know that Amazon has had SimCity: Complete Edition for $15 before:
http://isthereanydea...completeedition

Hmmm I do have a $5 bday cert I need to use before the end of the month. Would make it at its lowest price.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:04 PM

ZombiU is a fun, and different game. Grab it.

There's no denying it feels different, and I think a sequel, given the proper development time and budget, could be one of the WiiU's best games.  But polish has to count for something and in that regard ZombiU fails miserably.  It's sooooo blatantly obvious the game was pushed out well before it was ready solely to have it available at launch, and assuming you can even finish the game it does bring down the experience drastically.

#35 iBranflakes  

iBranflakes

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:33 PM

Decent deal for a retail-boxed, non-bundle deal.

Dead Space 3 was in the $1 Tier in EA Origin 1 Humble Bundle:

http://isthereanydea...croll:#gamelist

Yeah, I remember that Humble Bundle and I meant to get it but forgot to actually do it haha. With GCU + shipping its $7.77, I don't have an issue with that at all.

#36 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

ZombiU was an interesting proof of concept, and with a LOT more work could've been a great game, but as it stands now it's utter shit.

As a lover of zombie & horror games think I'll get my $7 worth  8-[

It's sooooo blatantly obvious the game was pushed out well before it was ready solely to have it available at launch, and assuming you can even finish the game it does bring down the experience drastically.

I think half of the fun will be seeing if I can finish it then xD I've played a number of early access games and know that feeling, but the best part of this will be going into it with lower expectations than those that praise it.

#37 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24382 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, I remember that Humble Bundle and I meant to get it but forgot to actually do it haha. With GCU + shipping its $7.77, I don't have an issue with that at all.

IMHO, it's certainly worth that amount of $.

DS3 is good - though, I do prefer both DS1+2.

You can just hope that EA doesn't do another Humble Bundle w/ DS3 in the 1st Tier - and you'll be okay. :)

#38 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:25 PM

Dead Space 3 is the closest thing to an HP Lovecraft game we will ever get. The influence is clearly there. The last half of the game is just mind-meltingly awesome if you understand where the devs were going with the story. And the ending to the DLC....wow.

#39 Nine Lives   Making Kawaii Lolis sweat CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Nine Lives

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Dead Space 3 also had an obsession with ladders and elevators.

#40 brian_fin   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

Dead Space 3 is the closest thing to an HP Lovecraft game we will ever get. The influence is clearly there. The last half of the game is just mind-meltingly awesome if you understand where the devs were going with the story. And the ending to the DLC....wow.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I mean it IS a fantastic series that I love, but if we're talking games in general I'd say Arkham Horror takes the cake. And if that's too much of an investment, the abridged version (Elder Sign) is fantastic.

Never looked into that Call of Cthulhu 360 game though..

I'll have to check out that DLC sometime, didn't even know about it.

#41 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:33 PM

I feel like gripping my crotch as I browse this sale

#42 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

IMHO, it's certainly worth that amount of $.
DS3 is good - though, I do prefer both DS1+2.

You can just hope that EA doesn't do another Humble Bundle w/ DS3 in the 1st Tier - and you'll be okay. :)

Is dead space 1,2,and 3 retail copies activate on steam? Sorry for the dumb question,but just got a 2012 macbook pro from cowboom and started buying cheap games from best buy to activate on steam. Also, a pc user ally life, anyone got tips about learning the os Mac? Is it easy to transfers my old windows files to Mac? Wonder how to get Windows licence to transfer possible? Got vista and window 7 on old laptop.
Can I just install a new hafddrive and download the OS? Sorry about the post and I know this is video game deal forum.

#43 MysterD   38 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   24382 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:32 PM

Is dead space 1,2,and 3 retail copies activate on steam? Sorry for the dumb question,but just got a 2012 macbook pro from cowboom and started buying cheap games from best buy to activate on steam.

No. EA games for the PC from retail (or most digital online stores) activate on EA's own service Origin.

If you want EA games on Steam, you usually - 9.8 times out of 10 - have to buy those directly through Steam.

Only real time you might see EA throw out Steam-keys, is when they actually do a EA Humble Bundle.

Also, Dead Space 3 is not on Steam. Most PC games from EA that were released after Battlefield 3 are only found on Origin.

#44 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:47 AM

I see AC: Unity PC - $15.99

Doesn't top when Fry's had it for $10 - but still, not too bad.

The aholes at Fry's canceled my order for no apparent reason. This might be the next best thing, but maybe it'll hit $10 again later this year.

#45 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:59 AM

No. EA games for the PC from retail (or most digital online stores) activate on EA's own service Origin.

If you want EA games on Steam, you usually - 9.8 times out of 10 - have to buy those directly through Steam.
Only real time you might see EA throw out Steam-keys, is when they actually do a EA Humble Bundle.

Also, Dead Space 3 is not on Steam. Most PC games from EA that were released after Battlefield 3 are only found on Origin.

Thanks.

#46 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:02 AM

Lightning returns and gow saga. Better than amazon prime day! Holla!

/snores

#47 ~starlight~   CAG Veteran Silenced   1095 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

~starlight~

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:33 AM

I got DS3 Limited Edition for PS3 last year at TrU for $1 lolol and you forgot Call of Cthulhu, there was supposed to be sequel to it but it got cancelled =(

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I mean it IS a fantastic series that I love, but if we're talking games in general I'd say Arkham Horror takes the cake. And if that's too much of an investment, the abridged version (Elder Sign) is fantastic.

Never looked into that Call of Cthulhu 360 game though..

I'll have to check out that DLC sometime, didn't even know about it.

Been trying to get a new copy of Call of Cthulhu on Xbox but prices have been redonkulous lol

#48 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:08 PM

Whee!  Picked up a copy of Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution for about $19 w/in-store pickup.

#49 zombieking779   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

zombieking779

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:59 AM

No copies of trials fusion ps4 near me. I guess I'll get it off ebay.

#50 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

Whee!  Picked up a copy of Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution for about $19 w/in-store pickup.

That title is in the GS 4 pre-owned for $20 bundle.

#51 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:15 AM

*cough*

Call-of-Cthulhu-Dark-Corners-of-the-Eart

#52 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3383 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:21 AM

*cough*

snip

And the PC version goes on sale pretty often. You can run it on a toaster.

#53 zedarkness   CAGiversary! Silenced   365 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

zedarkness

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

Killzone, Dead rising, or Fusion worth it? 

#54 FinderKeeper   Eternal n00b CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

FinderKeeper

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:31 AM

:shock: 

ERMAGERD... DERK DERNISTER    :whee:

#55 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6667 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

Killzone, Dead rising, or Fusion worth it?

Kill zone no

Dead rising YES

Fusion...as in trials fusion? If so, yes

#56 Nine Lives   Making Kawaii Lolis sweat CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Nine Lives

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

Yea don't waste your time with Killzone SF.

#57 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:19 AM

Yea don't waste your time with Killzone SF.

KZ SF can be had for like $10 alot of places. Try not to pay more than that

#58 McCHitman   Reigning Champ CAGiversary!   302 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

McCHitman

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

Filled my cart with 3 games. Ended up only with Zombi U because everything else was Store Pickup only. Boooo

#59 charlie3000k   Banned Banned   340 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

charlie3000k

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:38 PM

Found a couple of these titles in store and they rang up even less , ymmv

#60 headphoneboy  

headphoneboy

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

I was able to get a price match @ Wal-Mart on Borderlands. Best Buy also had Bioshock Infinite PS3 for $10.99, but they removed it from their site a day prior when they ran out of stock.

I learned that when trying to price match Bioshock at Target,  they won't price match Best Buy's website (or any other retailer) if an item is marked as "clearance." That really pissed me off.