* * * * - 10 votes

Best Buy Video Games Clearance Thread

BestbuyBest Buy Video games Clearance Xbox Ps4 Wii Vita 3ds

#61 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3582 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

That title is in the GS 4 pre-owned for $20 bundle.

Incorrect.

#62 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

Whee!  Picked up a copy of Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution for about $19 w/in-store pickup.

Incorrect.

Jvang117, it's listed under PS3.  See for yourself.  https://www.cheapass...-1436744234.jpg

#63 cigaro   Constants and Variables CAGiversary!   926 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

Guys is zoo tycoon worth it at 19 bucks?

I heard great things about it at launch. Unfortunately my ps4 is broken right now and thats the only thing that looks interesting on xbox one 

#64 ritchardf  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:17 AM

Jvang117, it's listed under PS3.  See for yourself.  https://www.cheapass...-1436744234.jpg

ultimate ninja storm generations is on the list, he bought ultimate ninja storm revolution. im assuming that is 2 different games

#65 Nine Lives   Making Kawaii Lolis sweat CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Nine Lives

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:31 AM

Guys is zoo tycoon worth it at 19 bucks?

I heard great things about it at launch. Unfortunately my ps4 is broken right now and thats the only thing that looks interesting on xbox one

It was fun on PC hundreds of years ago and I imagine it's the same.

#66 pstash78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:11 AM

ultimate ninja storm generations is on the list, he bought ultimate ninja storm revolution. im assuming that is 2 different games

I stand corrected.

#67 Mr. Sasaki  

Mr. Sasaki

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

Is Ultra worth it at $20? Also, I've heard bad things about Lords of Shadows, but it comes with some good content to boot so should I also be interested in that bundle too?

#68 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2710 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

They don't seem to want to clear this stuff out. Most of these prices are horrible. 

#69 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5747 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:13 PM

Dont know if its been mentioned but was in store today and saw Lords of the Fallen (PS4) shelf tagged at $17.99. I know the site says $27.99 on clearance.

#70 GuitarMan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

GuitarMan

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:54 PM

Dont know if its been mentioned but was in store today and saw Lords of the Fallen (PS4) shelf tagged at $17.99. I know the site says $27.99 on clearance.

Thanks, Derrick1979.

Picked up Lords of the Fallen (XBO) scanned $15.99...$12.xx after GCU.  More titles to pile on to my new XBO backlog. :)

May have to see about the other titles listed for the XBO, that they have in-stock.

#71 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5747 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:57 AM

Thanks, Derrick1979.

Picked up Lords of the Fallen (XBO) scanned $15.99...$12.xx after GCU.  More titles to pile on to my new XBO backlog. :)

May have to see about the other titles listed for the XBO, that they have in-stock.

Hmm may be worth just going in and having a few prices checked myself... :)

#72 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5826 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:50 AM

The site has South Park: The Stick of Truth clearanced at $14.99 for the 360, but I picked it up tonight for GCU $5.59 (shelf tagged $6.99).

#73 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Lords of the Fallen is supposed to be getting a complete edition...that's probably why it's clearanced. Might already be out in Europe...

#74 ritchardf  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:46 PM

Thanks, Derrick1979.

Hmm may be worth just going in and having a few prices checked myself... :)

really wish best buy had a price scanner, employees get so irritated i dont even want to ask most of the time. and half of the time i do they just tell me the price is what is marked. maybe if they did their job it would be marked correctly, but they dont.

#75 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4962 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

really wish best buy had a price scanner, employees get so irritated i dont even want to ask most of the time. and half of the time i do they just tell me the price is what is marked. maybe if they did their job it would be marked correctly, but they dont.

This

#76 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

Its not the sales associates job to update the prices. To them what is shown should be accurate, not they're fault.

#77 ThisIsJackBauer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ThisIsJackBauer

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:09 AM

The site has South Park: The Stick of Truth clearanced at $14.99 for the 360, but I picked it up tonight for GCU $5.59 (shelf tagged $6.99).

got this yesterday at BB for that price. such a good game so cheap... hope it goes BC... otherwise i guess i lost 6 bucks.

#78 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:32 AM

Lords of the Fallen is supposed to be getting a complete edition...that's probably why it's clearanced. Might already be out in Europe...

I would just get it cheap if you want it.  Unless more DLC has come out recently all the DLC is super minimal and not worth it.

#79 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:51 AM

got this yesterday at BB for that price. such a good game so cheap... hope it goes BC... otherwise i guess i lost 6 bucks.

Son of a bitch, had I seen this before I left my house today I totally would have picked up. Oh well, hopefully it stays that way as I work one block away from my Best Buy.

#80 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4962 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:29 AM

Its not the sales associates job to update the prices. To them what is shown should be accurate, not they're fault.

If sales associates don't update the price tags who does?  The managers do it themselves?  Maybe I'm missing something here.

#81 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

If sales associates don't update the price tags who does?  The managers do it themselves?  Maybe I'm missing something here.

It's the merchandising team that's supposed to do it.

#82 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

#83 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13594 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:33 AM

Key word is "supposed" in that sentence.

When they had 10% off XBL cards for 2-3 days in March or April I saw tags from that sale still up 3 weeks later.

#84 Duke Joeseppi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Duke Joeseppi

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:56 AM

I've been periodically checking this thread for Lego Hobbit (XboxOne) but I think all I saw was the PS4 game clearanced. I just checked BB.com and they had it for $13.99/$11.19 w/GCU so went ahead and got it. Figured I'd post this in case anyone else has been looking for the One version.

#85 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4962 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:47 AM

So they have a merchandising team who changes price tags on racks and sales associates have nothing to do with it?  Is Best Buy still having financial woes?

#86 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:57 AM

So they have a merchandising team who changes price tags on racks and sales associates have nothing to do with it?  Is Best Buy still having financial woes?

Well (aside from anything that may have changed more recently) merchandising is responsible for all the tags, all the signage, setting and maintaining displays, whatever other merchandising tasks there are, and assisting with trucks and inventory duties.  Most of them really only work a few hours a week other than on truck days.

Sales associates have some minor upkeep responsibilities within their departments but unless it's absolutely dead during a shift they want you focused entirely on dealing with customers.

Of course that's all in theory and varies depending on how much each store actually does their jobs.

#87 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   2018 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

Cross train sales associates with minor merchandising associates job functions (updating prices) And the store could stay updated more often with more knowledgable sales associates being able to push sale products to foot traffic.

#88 Rohman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

Cross train sales associates with minor merchandising associates job functions (updating prices) And the store could stay updated more often with more knowledgable sales associates being able to push sale products to foot traffic.

As a BB employee I agree with this statement. Sales team does nothing on their downtime unless their supervisor or manager is watching.

#89 ritchardf  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:46 PM

this is amazing to me, i noticed today elder scrolls was still priced at last week's sale prices and none of this weeks prices were up. i guess this merchandising team must not work much.

i know for sure they are not trying to keep employee hours under control. i went in during the week right at opening and they were having a meeting, must have been 25-30 people. then i am shopping and there are like 3 people on the floor and one cashier. i guess it was break time or something.

#90 Carlanga   Fishing for deals CAGiversary!   1618 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:39 PM

Whenever I’m at BB and need a price check or to know where its an item it ALWAYS feels like I’m asking a favor of the employee to assist me.

IDK , but even Kmart employees assist you better (if you can find one).