* * * * * 1 votes

New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

#121 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:25 AM

Man, I'm totally broke now. I couldn't control myself and ordered all 3 handhelds. There goes all my GS credit haha. Pretty sure I'll have to have the LoZ, but I'm still thinking over the AC and the Blue Vita. At least I have some time to consider them.

Whew! Can I afford to go to sleep now? Actually, it's more like: can I afford to stay awake? XD

#122 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:28 AM

Fuck Nintendo, Fuck Sony.

#123 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:29 AM

Fuck all these motherfuckers.

#124 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6503 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:36 AM

The Fuck is happening today, so much shit going up for pre-order.

Either way, make a Red one of these and I'm sold

Looks like they also just put up three GS exclusive Wiimote Pluses including Yoshi, Bowser and Toad with two releasing a week from Friday.   I believe the Yoshi one was released in Japan and Europe previously and the other two were released in Japan.  

#125 thorbahn3   News Editor Super Moderators   4224 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:39 AM

It's a combination of Pax Prime and the Gamestop convention being held during the same weekend.

#126 thorbahn3   News Editor Super Moderators   4224 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:39 AM

GS Wiimotes

http://www.gamestop....Exclusive,28zu0

#127 Inque  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:48 AM

Still not interested until they confirm that all devices have an IPS screen, I'd rather not end up with the TN panel again.

#128 MayorMagikarp  

MayorMagikarp

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:50 AM

When I heard the announcement I immediately went to GS to get the Animal Crosing new3ds preordered for the SO. Apparently the Animal Crossing one was a placeholder though? It's SKU 800, so I hope it's the right one. I put $50 down on it.

#129 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:56 AM

I just want a standard white new 3ds with super famicom colored buttons, is this too much too ask?

For NoA, yes it is to much to ask, they suck a$$. I'm all for bundles, but at least release a "barebones" unit for those who don't want this game and bundle set. NoA does shit like this because they can.

The Fuck is happening today, so much shit going up for pre-order.

Either way, make a Red one of these and I'm sold

Today is the start of the GS managers conference here in Vegas, so everything GS is discussed and announced. That's why we are getting all this info at one time.

#130 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:00 AM

2598hmx.jpg

I love you, man! You're on a roll tonight!

FINALLY THE YOSHI WIIMOTE IS MIIINE!!!

#131 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   502 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:05 AM

NOOOO!! I imported the JP ones, assuming they'd never come to NA. Now I have... an incomplete set of NA Wii Remotes. :-(

#132 Fatal_   Dango Daikazoku! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:37 AM

Being a big fan of yoshi, I suppose I will have to pre-order one of those Wii-motes. I'll need to get another Hori battle pad to go with it for some MK8/Smash local co-op. 

That aqua blue ps vita looks very nice but $199.99? Eh I'll pass.

And those new 3ds XL's are nice too. If only they would have more games on it besides Xenoblade. (Already have the Pokemon Blue 3ds XL).

#133 elessar123  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

WHY IS THE ZELDA ONE UPSIDE DOWN?

GODDAMNIT, NINTENDO, YOU'RE APPARENTLY AWARE OF THE FACT PEOPLE OPEN THESE, WHY CAN'T YOU BE CONSISTENT ABOUT IT?

You can open them?

Edit: A vanilla Vita for $200? Am I missing something? It is at least a bundle with a Hannah Montana game or something?

#134 the_vahngo  

the_vahngo

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:06 AM

is GS convention held at PAX?

#135 HiiipoweredSwag  

HiiipoweredSwag

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:20 AM

Does anyone know if the triforce hero's is physical? I put a preorder on it anyway..

#136 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

Does anyone know if the triforce hero's is physical? I put a preorder on it anyway..

In the $240 bundle?  Almost certainly physical since GS is just selling you the game and system and forcing you to buy both.

#137 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

meeeehhhhhhh.... i buy all the zelda DS systems but not sure if i want this one. Looks ok, but the game is kinda crap. Not sure if i want to spend that much just to throw it on the shelf with my other zelda systems in their box. If i was going to use it maybe, but since Nintendo doesn't know how the internet or user accounts work, im stuck with using my fire emblem 3ds as my main system

I skimmed the first few pages, the zelda one is a GS exlusive right? If it was coming to Best Buy or something id use some rewards points on it.

That aqua blue vitas nice but i think $200 for just a vita is a bit much these days

#138 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

Preordered that 3DS with great justice today. I knew waiting it out would pay off.

#139 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:00 AM

Of course, right after I buy the XL, they bring the faceplate model to America.

That price is a bit steep, no? The standard XL is $200, but the smaller model with a game bundlesmtpout.secureserver.netd in is $220? Nintendo playing hardball.

Assuming the game is worth $40 and the cover plates are roughly $10 each, that makes the N3DS $160.

#140 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:05 AM

Assuming the game is worth $40 and the cover plates are roughly $10 each, that makes the N3DS $160.

It's just unfortunate that people are being made to buy stuff they may not want to get the system.  Hopefully NOA gives some clear information on how/if the system will be otherwise available.

#141 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4139 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:15 AM

It's just unfortunate that people are being made to buy stuff they may not want to get the system.  Hopefully NOA gives some clear information on how/if the system will be otherwise available.

I agree, it's not the most appealing package, but between that and not being able to buy the N3DS at all, this beggar won't be a chooser.

#142 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:31 AM

That aqua blue vitas nice but i think $200 for just a vita is a bit much these days

Understatement of the year. I love my "thick" Vita and want to get a slim but  as a back up but I'm not spending over $100 for one.

#143 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5243 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

In the morning, there is going to be a lot of bitching and whining about these, Juggernog and Phantom Pain. :)

#144 Beatles   Cartoon Character CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:48 AM

That Vita looks really Nice.... but I dont want it

WE NEED A BLUE 'NEW' 3DS XL!!!

#145 masterpdx  

masterpdx

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

Preordered all 3 wiimotes

#146 Roninalchemist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Roninalchemist

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:08 AM

Every damn time!  Every time I get a new hand held console, the special Zelda edition comes out and I won't have freaking money for it.  I swear, Nintendo looks at my buying activity and is like "Okay, Roninalchemist bought one, we can release the one he'd REALLY want instead!"  

Damnit, Nintendo.

#147 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

I agree, it's not the most appealing package, but between that and not being able to buy the N3DS at all, this beggar won't be a chooser.

Yeah, I just wanted the all white unit, but this will have to work, and dealing with NoA, we're lucky to have this. LOL

is GS convention held at PAX?

No, it's an annual event they hold once a year. Last year it was in Anaheim I believe, and two years ago it was in Vegas. Vegas seems to be their most used spot, as it ROCKS. I wish E3 would leave LA, as it sucks, and move to Vegas as well.

Anyway, yesterday was the managers conference, today is the trade show for managers ONLY, and tomorrow, it is the trade show again, but open to the public, for a fee of course. I went two years ago when it was here, and while it wasn't bad, it is way over crowded, and way over priced for one days worth of show. There was some decent swag and tournaments, and I paid for the cost by selling my swag, but this year the prices where up, and it didn't look worth my time.

I used to go to CES in the early 90's, and E3 when it started(95), so I've been to great shows that weren't overflowing with the dregs of humanity. LOL

#148 wlkfoo  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

No Pikachu Remote I'll pass on those and continue dreaming. Still thinking about grabbing that animal crossing new 3ds but just having trouble paying extra for a game that I don't want. 

#149 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1645 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

That blue vita is sweet but I have no reason to ditch my day 1 vita for a cosmetic upgrade.

#150 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:16 PM

just having trouble paying extra for a game that I don't want. 

This is NoA plan, making us buy a bundle, to sale a game most don't want. It's all good, when dealing with "N", especially NoA, you have to know BS is a part of their business model, and to pick and choose your battles. I wanted the all white standard N3DS, and this may be my best option. I've already got my decals to cover this, as I did the same to get my all white XL, by covering Pikachu. https://www.etsy.com...s?ref=related-4