- - - - -

Official NHL 16 Discussion/CAG Team Thread - EASHL Is Back! Join The Hershey Nuggets!

NHL 16 EASHL CAG Hockey Were Really Doing This Again

#1 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:13 AM

A Little Sweet, A Little Shitty: EA NHL

Club History

I mean, really. I think we're a common law gay marriage at this point (let that blow your mind, Kim Davis). The CAG Hockey team is about to start its 8th year of play together! 8 YEARS!

Naturally, we have a set group of people who have played together for a long time, but we always welcome people who are dedicated to the game and want to learn how to play right. The truth is, we don't always have 5 people online. So, there is often at least one spot open for people who want to play within a team unit. And with as pathetic as the AI can often play, we would definitely welcome people who want to play the game the right way.

Webpage

I'd say "Coming Soon", but who knows if EA even does these anymore.

Roster
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position | Hockey Card
#2 | Vulcan2422 | Vulcan7905 | Gary Russell | Right D |
#21 | moojuice | moojuiced | The Fajita Incident | Left Field (more like left out, m i rite) |
#24 | DarkTower80 | DarkTower80 | Corkey Buchek | Right Wing/Right Defenseman |

#37 l Matt Young l X Matt Young X l Matt Young l LD, but I'll try any spot
#39 | n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | Phallic Food | Center/Left Defenseman/Left Wing |
#71 | jza1218 | statnut28 | Amatuer Banner | LW |

How We Play
This is a team for people who wish to compete at a high level and learn the correct way to play their position and hockey in general. Your play will be critiqued, and your contributions to the team will be evaluated. This is not to deride anyone for the way they play, but to improve the team and to give us a better chance of winning games and competing for a championship.

If you become a detriment to the team, there is a possiblity you could be cut. Not saying this to scare anybody off...but we're looking for smart, skilled, and committed players.

There are playoffs each month for the three divisions (Amateur, Pro, Elite), and the top five players at their preferred positions (six if we can ever find a reliable/consistent goalie) will be selected for the playoff roster based on statistics compiled during that month. Yes, there is sort of an "established" playoff roster from last year, but no one is untouchable or unwilling to step aside if they are outplayed in a given month. The spots are open for the taking. But it's up to each individual to earn them.

***IMPORTANT***
One thing that we strongly recommend is that you do not use the "Be a Pro" or "Action" camera types. While these angles can be exciting for single player modes, they do a poor job of showing you the ice and which teammates may be open (especially players behind you). Since we strive to play strong team hockey and get everyone involved, it makes sense to be able to see the entire zone as you play. The CAG team advises that you use the "Ice", "Classic", or even "Overhead" cameras.

When We Play
Our official CAG Hockey Nights have fluctuated a bit the past couple years, but you can almost always find us on Friday nights (occasionally Saturday too). We usually start around 10 PM EST and end in the wee hours of the morning. These hockey nights can be filled with ranked games against other EASHL clubs, team practices to improve on basic skills and fundamentals, or even intrasquad games to compete against each other. There are also other random times throughout the week that we play, but Friday night is when you'll always find the team. If you'd like to play, please feel free to join us! If you'd like your information posted on the team roster, please see the "How to Sign Up" section below. See you on the ice!

How To Sign Up
Keep in mind, we have official weekly Hockey Nights on Fridays from 10PM EST - UNTIL (usually 1-2AM EST), and do play other random times as well. The more time you put into the team, the better we'll be and the more you'll get out of it.

If you're interested in taking part in these fun and awesome community gatherings, just find the team in the game (search..."Nuggets"), and send a join request. And be sure to post in the thread and include the following information:
Number | CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Skater Name | Preferred Position

Coach Alan's Corner

Getting The Most Out of Your Player
The following guide will show you how to best distribute your points and which boosts you should apply based on the cost of raising each attribute. Setting your player up wisely will give you an edge over the competition!

http://www.operation...81&postcount=10

Custom Soundpack
As you may or may not know, NHL 12 allows people to set their own custom playlists for in game events (team intros, goals, penalties, etc.). The great thing about this is you can stream the music from your computer and have the playlists pre-set. All you have to do is assign them to the specific events in game. You can find the pack here, along with full instructions on how to install it.

NHL 12 Soundpack
http://forum.ea.com/...st/5743466.page

Older Soundpack
http://www.thebreaka...ead.php?t=21508

#2 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:14 AM

Reserved...don't ask me why.

#3 Panoramic15   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Panoramic15

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:35 AM

I'll join.

#14 / Panoramic15 / RevCottonMarcus / Jesper Stepan / Center but I'll play anything.

#4 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2577 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

New thread sme... Nah kind of smells like nuggets.

I sent a request earlier.

#5 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

Man, I will need you guys to keep me stimulated tonight. Woke up a bunch of times throughout the night and got out of bed for good shortly before 4 A.M. Gonna be a long day.

#6 Magicking610   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Magicking610

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:41 PM

Why not, I'll make it official again.

#61 | Magicking610 | Magicking619 | Amish Buggymaker | RW/D |

I'm surprised they managed to get drop-ins into the game in time.

#7 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

Sick highlight video, we're so getting sponsored now.

Were we going to play 16 tonight? I don't have EA access, put I would plop down the 5 bucks for one month (unless I'm wrong on the cost) and download it when I'm back from work if everyone already is in on it.

#8 Magicking610   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Magicking610

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:52 PM

If you haven't bought NHL yet, you can throw $5 into Access (which gives you a 10% discount on all digital purchases) and preorder NHL for $54. You save a dollar, and you get it early.

#9 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

Sick highlight video, we're so getting sponsored now.

Were we going to play 16 tonight? I don't have EA access, put I would plop down the 5 bucks for one month (unless I'm wrong on the cost) and download it when I'm back from work if everyone already is in on it.

I'm in the same boat. I would be all "don't want to waste the bandwidth", but since Comcast is so stupid and needs to create a new account every time you "move your service", I actually got my three free "oopsies" for going over my limit back again. Guess I'll throw down the $5 and download it now.

Also, thanks for the the compliments on the video. ESPN is reporting that there were actual highlights, but the Ausfahrt Banditos refused to pay the electric bill. Those damn Ausfahrts...

#10 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

If you haven't bought NHL yet, you can throw $5 into Access (which gives you a 10% discount on all digital purchases) and preorder NHL for $54. You save a dollar, and you get it early.

I'm pretty sure that's what he said, lol.

#11 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5208 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

So, tonight?!

All I see is a black screen from the video. Did I get Rick Rolled?

#12 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:03 PM

So, tonight?!

All I see is a black screen from the video. Did I get Rick Rolled?

skip to the end.

#13 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

From the previous thread:

I had the same thing last night. I have a screenshot of it I was going to post.

As for the play-by-play team name. I don't think you could last year. Can you this year?

Yeah, it's in the team settings. You can choose PBP name and your goal song. Its kind of cool.

I might be down to play 16 tonight. Depends on a few things though.

#14 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   5208 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:34 PM

Ha. But technically there was EASHL in NHL15, just not the next gen version.

#15 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:44 PM

Ha. But technically there was EASHL in NHL15, just not the next gen version.

That wasn't NHL 15. That was NHL 14.2.

#16 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2577 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

From the previous thread:

Yeah, it's in the team settings. You can choose PBP name and your goal song. Its kind of cool.

I might be down to play 16 tonight. Depends on a few things though.

Thanks man! I'll have to adjust mine.

On some other notes. There was a gameplay update notification last night when I got on. However, I haven't been able to find anything about it. I'm not sure if it was the update or not but the first night I went 0-2 online on some typical WTF EA goals. Last night it seemed like I kept getting every person that tried to go cross crease, and ended up going 6-0.

#17 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:42 PM

The CPU has kicked my ass so far. Then my first attempt at an EASHL drop-in game froze after someone paused 3 seconds into the game. After I restarted, I ended up contributing to a 4-3 double overtime win.

What time do you guys plan to play tonight?

#18 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:00 PM

Well, 10PM ET is my official "kick off" time. But I could probably get a few games in before then if anybody is around. Basically between now and 9PM ET I could probably play a bit (assuming a GM is on to accept my join request).

#19 DarkTower80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

DarkTower80

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:25 PM

I am off work at 6:30 mst and will try to get all the invites accepted as soon as I hop on tonight.

#20 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:49 PM

I am off work at 6:30 mst and will try to get all the invites accepted as soon as I hop on tonight.

Ok, that's cool. I'll just run a few drop ins before the "official" start time then.

Just finished one now. I played LD...and we were up 4-1 in the 3rd, despite the center getting dominated on faceoffs 23-6. The other team pauses, the idiots on my team start talking shit "Yeah, quit bitches". Then they proceed to come back and take a 5-4 lead with 0:06 left in the game. Our goalie somewhat shit the bed, but the forwards were trying to break out way too early.

So, obviously when the other team is basically swinging for the fences, we didn't have enough to cover them. There were a couple shitty rebounds that they just happened to pick up, but meh...we didn't deserve to win losing so many faceoffs and the forwards not being able to pass for shit. The one guy was like "Damn...my passing must be at 22. I need to raise that up." What a tard, lol.

#21 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

Okay, thanks. I'll try to stay awake long enough to play a decent amount!

#22 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

Annnnd game 2 makes me over drop ins. Cherry picking idiots, who won't pass, force dekes through the slot, and can't even get their own shot, let alone one for their teammate because they keep getting the puck knocked away. Shocking that everybody quit by the beginning of the 2nd period. Ugh...cess pool.

The one thing I'm not really a fan of is seeing everybody's badge when choosing your side. Hmm...should I join the side with two level 5's and a level 10...or the side with all level 1's? That's a tough one, haha.

#23 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:19 PM

Although he ended up exiting without choosing a side, I saw a level 22 in my lobby earlier.

#24 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

Although he ended up exiting without choosing a side, I saw a level 22 in my lobby earlier.

That's insane! I thought the level 10 I saw was pretty crazy. But 22 in this little of time has to basically be this:

giphy.gif

#25 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:39 PM

I've played two drop in games. The first didn't register. The second netted me an achievement for four assists in a game.

#26 Panoramic15   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   209 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Panoramic15

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

I sent a join request. Let me know if you guys need an extra tonight.

#27 DarkTower80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

DarkTower80

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:06 AM

OK, all requests that were there are accepted.

#28 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:12 AM

Ready to Nugget up.

#29 jza1218   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4894 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:49 AM

I'll be on in 10 minutes my little nuggets.

#30 DarkTower80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1457 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

DarkTower80

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:43 AM

http://majornelson.c...rience-preview/