* * * * - 10 votes

Lego Dimensions Deals and Discussion Thread

Lego Dimensions

#1231 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36693 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:39 AM

Target has had Wu at $6 for months without explanation. I suspect that late wave packs in general may have sold less up front because interest will always be lower months later, especially given how high fun packs were (and still are after the $3 MSRP drop) priced compared to any other video game content anywhere. Why is TT still making $60 games with 20+ levels and hundreds of characters from high demand IP's that probably want to be paid real money if they can sell six levels, one playable character, and some lego bricks for $50?

Because as we should have all learned in childhood and been reminded of by DI: when golden eggs are enough to satisfy you all you wind up with are goose guts.

#1232 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4104 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:17 PM

A documentary about collecting Nintendo games showed up on Amazon Prime Video.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018P7X6H8/

Oops...posted that to the wrong place. Maybe you all will be interested as well.

#1233 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

TRU has joker and Harley Quinn team pack (and a few others) for $15.60 and midway level pack for $18.60; the rest are $19.20. Are these great prices or just good prices?

Thanks.

#1234 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:55 PM

A documentary about collecting Nintendo games showed up on Amazon Prime Video.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018P7X6H8/

Oops...posted that to the wrong place. Maybe you all will be interested as well.

A documentary about collecting Nintendo AND daddy issues. I thought the guy was kinda jerky.

#1235 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2654 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:59 PM

I really hope there are other lego Gremmies aside from the Gizzer. I'd like a Stripe or Mohawk.

Also makes me wonder what the accessories included would be. A microwave? Blender? Chainsaw?

e: does Warreni literally want to Fuck KITT or something, holy cow

#1236 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

TRU has joker and Harley Quinn team pack (and a few others) for $15.60 and midway level pack for $18.60; the rest are $19.20. Are these great prices or just good prices?

Thanks.

They've been available for a bit cheaper than that before, but those prices aren't too bad.

#1237 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1017 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:14 PM

They've been available for a bit cheaper than that before, but those prices aren't too bad.

I'm losing track of all these sales.  Where and for how much was it cheaper?  And I'm not talking about PM+Cartwheel at Target.  I was thinking of jumping on the TRU deals for the team and level packs and was trying to recall the old prices myself.

#1238 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

I'm losing track of all these sales. Where and for how much was it cheaper? And I'm not talking about PM+Cartwheel at Target. I was thinking of jumping on the TRU deals for the team and level packs and was trying to recall the old prices myself.

Midway Arcade Pack was 19.99 (15.99 w/ GCU) at BB on release week at Best Buy. I think all level packs were that price during that week.

#1239 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

Midway Arcade Pack was 19.99 (15.99 w/ GCU) at BB on release week at Best Buy. I think all level packs were that price during that week.

Yeah they were all that price, and the Joker/Harley pack was on sale for $14.99 ($11.99 w/ GCU). Other team packs were the same price.

#1240 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

Thanks guys. We are starting Lego Dimensions this weekend and there's no rush at the moment, so I'll wait until they're priced closer to all time lows.

#1241 d8onausa  

d8onausa

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

A documentary about collecting Nintendo AND daddy issues.

Is the former even possible without the latter?  I assumed it was a symptom.

#1242 Mugen Power   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1017 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Mugen Power

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:43 PM

Yeah they were all that price, and the Joker/Harley pack was on sale for $14.99 ($11.99 w/ GCU). Other team packs were the same price.

Thanks, for the info.  I don't have GCU so the TRU price is close enough for me.  Plus, I have some TRU bucks to burn.

#1243 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:06 PM

Is the former even possible without the latter?  I assumed it was a symptom.

All I know is I watching this dude wheel and deal his way around Canada and the US, attempting to pick up every NES cart and then all of a sudden he's talking about his father being a tyrant and some other shit. I turned it off at that point. 

#1244 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

Is there a free roam/open world part of this game that I'm missing? My kid and I started it this weekend and, coming from DI where you have a nice open sandbox to explore, this just feels like we are on a very narrow set track with constant reminders of the characters we don't own...

#1245 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

Is there a free roam/open world part of this game that I'm missing? My kid and I started it this weekend and, coming from DI where you have a nice open sandbox to explore, this just feels like we are on a very narrow set track with constant reminders of the characters we don't own...

Assuming you haven't been to them yet, the Adventure Worlds are what you're looking for :) I think you can get to them after playing the first story level. There's an elevator on the left side of the portal room. It'll take you to an area that has a bunch of stargate looking circles. Each gate will take you to an Adventure World based on a certain franchise. You just need 1 character from the franchise to be able to visit the world. The adventure worlds are more open and have hidden bricks, simple quests, etc. :)

#1246 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:10 PM

Assuming you haven't been to them yet, the Adventure Worlds are what you're looking for :) I think you can get to them after playing the first story level. There's an elevator on the left side of the portal room. It'll take you to an area that has a bunch of stargate looking circles. Each gate will take you to an Adventure World based on a certain franchise. You just need 1 character from the franchise to be able to visit the world. The adventure worlds are more open and have hidden bricks, simple quests, etc. :)

Perfect. Thank you!!

#1247 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

Perfect. Thank you!!

No problem :D You get the Lego Movie, Batman, and Lord of the rings worlds with the starter pack. The portal world and LoTR are my favorites. If a franchise has a fun / team / story pack, they also have an adventure world.

#1248 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   794 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

No problem :D You get the Lego Movie, Batman, and Lord of the rings worlds with the starter pack. The portal world and LoTR are my favorites. If a franchise has a fun / team / story pack, they also have an adventure world.

Okay, so that $6 Sensei Wu gets me "ninjago world" ... That's a bit tempting.

#1249 elessar123  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:06 PM

Correct, and pole skill and ninjago spin.

#1250 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2120 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

This is the reason why I bought Wu over the weekend.

#1251 El Gray   Obscurity Sponge CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

The WIZARD OF OZ Adventure World is a fun one, and the Wicked Witch is a very handy character. I recommend her for these reasons to those new to the game. Not sure if there have been any good sales on her lately.

#1252 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6147 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

The WIZARD OF OZ Adventure World is a fun one, and the Wicked Witch is a very handy character. I recommend her for these reasons to those new to the game. Not sure if there have been any good sales on her lately.

Missed out on buying her at Best Buy when all fun packs were $8.49 ($5.99/GCU), but AWD has a like-new floating around for about $8.50 on average.

If that monkey she came with wasn't so dreadfully stupid in every way imaginable, I'd have bought her long ago.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain the flying monkey (who doesn't even fly until upgraded) is the single most useless, non-unique, and worst-looking physical build in the entire game.

#1253 El Gray   Obscurity Sponge CAGiversary!   1110 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:14 PM

Missed out on buying her at Best Buy when all fun packs were $8.49 ($5.99/GCU), but AWD has a like-new floating around for about $8.50 on average.

If that monkey she came with wasn't so dreadfully stupid in every way imaginable, I'd have bought her long ago.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain the flying monkey (who doesn't even fly until upgraded) is the single most useless, non-unique, and worst-looking physical build in the entire game.

Not an attractive monkey, no. I think he has a couple of decent powers, but I don't remember what they are. I haven't used him since I first played the OZ stuff.

We have confirmation of LEGO Stripe in a GREMLINS post from the official account, for those hankering for more Gremlins. I guess that doesn't guarantee a toy, though. I'm sure Gizmo will come with his little car in the Fun Pack.

#1254 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1577 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:48 PM

Correct, and pole skill and ninjago spin.

Pole skill sounds more appropriate to the Showgirls Fun Pack.

#1255 elessar123  

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:38 PM

Pole skill sounds more appropriate to the Showgirls Fun Pack.

Legolas has the skill, which probably gets some fan girls excited.

#1256 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4104 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:51 AM

Not sure if it has been mentioned of not. Some of the new sets are on Amazon for pre-order now.

https://www.amazon.c...=date-desc-rank

#1257 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

It doesn't show up in Amazon's search yet for some reason, but here's the new Ghostbusters story pack. $50 gets you 6 levels, an adventure world, battle arena, 1 minifig, 1 vehicle, and a Chinese restaurant (new Ghostbusters HQ) Lego build that replaces the portal build that currently sits on top of the portal gamepad.

https://www.amazon.c...W8HTJ2HSMRBANPQ

#1258 elessar123  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

If it was anything other than the new Ghostbuster reboot that looks like caca, I'd be excited.

#1259 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

Have you seen the newest trailer for it? I also thought it looked like crap from the first trailer they released, but the second one made it look a lot better. I'm hoping it turns out to be good. There's been a few other movies I've seen where they cut a horrible trailer but the movie was great, so with luck maybe that will be the case here too.

#1260 elessar123  

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

I hated Bridesmaids though, so I'm not sure I'd like it anyways.