* * * * - 8 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#3361 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36527 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

Does anyone know what the play Asia coupon code is?

If you mean the code for $3 off, I use GEMATSU each time, but I think MYPSVITA also works.

#3362 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4529 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:09 PM

Also CENSORED

#3363 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

Guess I waited too long for Cat Quest.  Heard it got a reprint so I wasn't in a rush and now it's back out of stock on Amazon again.

#3364 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

Guess I waited too long for Cat Quest.  Heard it got a reprint so I wasn't in a rush and now it's back out of stock on Amazon again.

Play-Asia just got their second batch in a couple days ago, and it is still in stock.  They want $25 tho.  

https://www.play-asi...quest/13/70biix

My order from December with them didn't get fulfilled until this batch.  Thought I was going to miss out on it. 

Edit - As mentioned above, codes like MYPSVITA  will chop off 3 bucks. 

#3365 kevers7290   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   206 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

kevers7290

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:09 PM

If all you want is a physical copy of Cat Quest, there is an EU version as well. Tons of copies on eBay for <$20 USD.

#3366 cyko   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

Does anyone have any predictions or feedback on how limited Lost Sphear will be for the Switch? I would really like a physical copy. However, SquateEnix's shipping is ridiculously high and they seem to overproduce a lot of their games.

I am debating whether I pull the trigger at a rather high price or hold out for a holiday sale and see if it gets a discount. What do you think?

#3367 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

Does anyone have any predictions or feedback on how limited Lost Sphear will be for the Switch? I would really like a physical copy. However, SquateEnix's shipping is ridiculously high and they seem to overproduce a lot of their games.
I am debating whether I pull the trigger at a rather high price or hold out for a holiday sale and see if it gets a discount. What do you think?

I'd like to know this as well. Also if the game is any good.

#3368 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36527 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

I'd like to know this as well. Also if the game is any good.

Not that I'm the authority, but the PS4 demo for Lost Sphear instantly bored me. I highly recommend trying out the demo if possible.

#3369 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

Anyone who was waiting on world to the west I just got it at gamestop last night for $10 with power up pro. He said new was converted to used but yall know how new works there. Just saying.

I put in about 30 minutes play last night and it looks cute and fun. I don't understand the trophies even for a second but I'm hopeful it's just a matter of fully playing through the game.

#3370 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1909 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Just got my Edith Finch in the mail. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be mad at iam8bit for it being shrinkwrapped.  [-( 

#3371 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4529 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

Just got my Edith Finch in the mail. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to be mad at iam8bit for it being shrinkwrapped.  [-( 

Was it at least shipped in a box? 

#3372 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1909 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

Was it at least shipped in a box? 

The game itself came wrapped in cardboard but was in bubble mailer.

#3373 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4529 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

The game itself came wrapped in cardboard but was in bubble mailer.

Well, hopefully that does the trick. Creases and indents to cover art are such a ridiculously rampant problem with PS4 games, after all. That's primarily what has made all of the limited releases we now see so annoying to anyone that cares about having truly mint items. These issues are common even in new games, all but guaranteed with anything shipped in a bubble mailer, and much more likely on the second hand market, even when still sealed, due to rough/careless handling. 

#3374 ignition365  

ignition365

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

I saw that it was shrinkwrapped at PAX South, but I thought that was just a couple of copies that they resealed or something.

Shame.

#3375 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11330 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

Also got my copy.  Not sure iam8bit has control over what type of shrinkwrap Sony uses for each game they print.  Even LRG has had that problem with at least one of their titles (Firewatch, I think).  Anyway, major kudos to them for shipping it in a cardboard mailer inside a bubble mailer for maximum protection.

#3376 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   837 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Play Asia is having a flash sale right now on several of their exclusives. With MYPSVITA code, I got Ghost Blade HD (pre-order) PS4 for $25.xx shipped.

#3377 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10999 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

Darkest-Dungeon-Retail_01-24-18.jpg

29.99. Has both Expansions. Comes out in March

#3378 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   7015 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Sweet!  Darkest Dungeon in physical format. :drool: Been waiting for this one for awhile.  

I'll buy this day one, hopefully with GCU. 

#3379 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

I've been interested in Darkest Dungeon. I'll probably grab that at $15-20.

#3380 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3466 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

Neato!

#3381 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:19 AM

I've been really wanting to check out Darkest Dungeon, but held out for a physical copy.  Day one for me :P  Now to decide which version to get...

#3382 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   995 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:40 AM

.....Why?

It’s a new game; it should be wrapped.

#3383 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5793 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

.....Why?

It’s a new game; it should be wrapped.

Unlike most PS4 games, it isn't Y Fold wrapped.  It's that poor quality shrinkwrap.  It's similar to what happened to many copies of Firewatch from LRG.  

#3384 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   995 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

Unlike most PS4 games, it isn't Y Fold wrapped.  It's that poor quality shrinkwrap.  It's similar to what happened to many copies of Firewatch from LRG.  

Ohhhhhhh; okay now that makes sense. I remember now. 

This is reminds me : my copy of Firewatch is still sealed, and I can’t remember for the life of me which wrap version I have. 

#3385 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10999 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

Special Reserve Games will release Broforce and Enter the Gungeon {PC/PS4}

https://specialreser...ts-to-announce/

To celebrate, we’re announcing a SALE on Absolver, Shadow Warrior 2, and STRAFE® starting Thursday January 25th at 12 PM PST! The Absolver Standalone Mask, PS4 Disc, PS4 Bundle and PC Bundle are all discounted for 2 weeks to thank you for all your support (offer ends February 8th, 2018). There’s not much left of Shadow Warrior 2 PC (just over 100!) and the awesome STRAFE® PC Collector’s Box is almost completely sold out, but now’s your chance to snatch up what’s left, at a screaming discount before they’re gone!
After all, we need to clear room in the warehouse for some really big stuff…

You can’t fight freedom, so we’re not even going to try… we’re teaming up with Free Lives for a BROFORCE Special Reserve as our next release! As you can imagine, we’ve had an absolute blast coming up with the collectibles to go with this PS4 and PC release of one of our longstanding favorite games. We won’t be announcing an exact date or revealing the goodies yet as the disc and product manufacturing timelines have so many variables that can change at this stage of production, but we definitely plan to reveal more soon and get this patriotic package ready for your hot little hands before the spring springs. (No, we truly can’t say any more yet, but here is the Broforce bald eagle screech to tide you over.)

And that’s not all…let’s talk guns. Now, Broforce has guns. Lots and lots of guns. But you want even more guns than that, you say? You need a whole book full of guns…like, a virtual Ammonomicon? IT’S YOUR LUCKY YEAR. That’s right! We are giant fans of ENTER THE GUNGEON , and we’ve been hard at work with creators Dodge Roll cooking up a deeply cool, deeply collectible Reserve worthy of this million-selling bullet-hell dungeon crawler. Once again, to avoid breaking any expectations of timing or what’s in these Reserves for PC and PS4, this is the only thing we can say for now, except that finally sinking our teeth into these two great titles and moving production forward has us jumping out of bed in the morning like Sarge when the mailman comes; it’s a huge honor to be working with these two awesome indie studios to create these releases for our fans.

#3386 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4529 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

Honestly wish that SRG would just stop releasing games. All three releases have resulted in a shitty experience for me. I do not like anything about that company. 

#3387 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10999 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

I am personally all for more competition. 

#3388 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4529 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

I am personally all for more competition. 

I agree that competition is a good thing. It's just dealing with a company that has somehow managed to shit the bed on every release and in every support situation--in my experiences, at least--is not something to be excited about. I also think that there are starting to be too many limited release publishers--surely due to LRG's success--so I would gladly see what is by far the worst one--again, in my opinion--drop out of the race. 

#3389 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5793 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

I agree that competition is a good thing. It's just dealing with a company that has somehow managed to shit the bed on every release and in every support situation--in my experiences, at least--is not something to be excited about. I also think that there are starting to be too many limited release publishers--surely due to LRG's success--so I would gladly see what is by the worst one--again, in my opinion--drop out of the race. 

I agree with this.  I have also had issues with every single release from only half of the Big Wang edition shipping (they just sent me the PC version and none of the other items) to my PS4 copies of Absolver and Strafe not going out due to "database issues".  Customer service has been horrible with a lack of response for weeks until I posted repeatedly on Facebook and Twitter.  I really wish they would just contract out their fulfillment and customer service functions to LRG because while LRG is not perfect, at least they handle problems and deliver what is promised.  On a side note, I also find their constant dog references a real turn off.  I love dogs, but I don't need my Twitter filled with their repeated requests for people to tweet back with dog photos.      

#3390 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

I agree that competition is a good thing. It's just dealing with a company that has somehow managed to shit the bed on every release and in every support situation--in my experiences, at least--is not something to be excited about. I also think that there are starting to be too many limited release publishers--surely due to LRG's success--so I would gladly see what is by far the worst one--again, in my opinion--drop out of the race. 

Shake out will take a little while but the market will correct itself eventually. Until then it's going to be kind of a pain.