* * * * - 8 votes

Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#3541 kurtori   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

Just a heads up that when ordering a single game from GameStop.com, they ship it in a flimsy mailer, with a sticky substance to hold it in place between two thin pieces of cardboard. I’ve seen that stickiness leave permanent marks on the cellophane. So FYI for anyone planning to keep something from GameStop sealed.

#3542 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6221 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Just a heads up that when ordering a single game from GameStop.com, they ship it in a flimsy mailer, with a sticky substance to hold it in place between two thin pieces of cardboard. I’ve seen that stickiness leave permanent marks on the cellophane. So FYI for anyone planning to keep something from GameStop sealed.

Yeah, this method is another way for retailers to save money, and is about as good as those balloons that some genius thought would protect items during shipping. Amazon uses this method now as well, as I've gotten several items from them shipped that way in the last year. Normally single books are when they use it, as I still get bubble mailers for single games from Amazon.

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#3543 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

The SoM sku is showing itself as in stock at a crap ton of stores according to their api, so hopefully there will be more stock available than it seems

Could you tell us some ballpark numbers so we know whether or not it's worth a shot to go to a store at opening. Or would that get you in trouble?

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Prey/Dragon's Dogma   ::   :vita: Monster Monpiece/Muramasa ::   :3ds: n/a

#3544 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:22 PM

Is there a working Gamestop free shipping code anymore or are all of them invalid now?

#3545 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

Could you tell us some ballpark numbers so we know whether or not it's worth a shot to go to a store at opening. Or would that get you in trouble?

My scanner doesn't report stock numbers, only if a store is reporting it is reporting that it has a copy or not

I'm still working on the google spreadsheet integration, but here is today's Job Simulator scan

Rutland Plaza - RUTLAND, VT 05701 - PreOwned
Poughkeepsie - POUGHKEEPSIE, NY 12601 - PreOwned
Federal Plaza - Rockville, MD 20852 - NEW
Monkey Junction - Wilmington, NC 28412 - PreOwned
North Hills - RALEIGH, NC 27609 - PreOwned
The Commons - Martinsburg, WV 25403 - PreOwned
Mary Walter Plaza - PARKERSBURG, WV 26101 - PreOwned
Bristol Commons VA - Bristol, VA 24202 - PreOwned
Douglasville Paviln - Douglasville, GA 30135 - PreOwned
Tiger Town - OPELIKA, AL 36801 - PreOwned
Grant Line Center - NEW ALBANY, IN 47150 - PreOwned
Midtown Center - Milwaukee, WI 53216 - PreOwned
Elmwood Center - New Orleans, LA 70123 - PreOwned
Green Mount Commons - Belleville, IL 62221 - PreOwned
Clovis Retail Center - Clovis, NM 88101 - PreOwned
Frys Center - Glendale, AZ 85301 - PreOwned
Ironwood Square - Couer D Alene, ID 83814 - PreOwned
City Place - LONG BEACH, CA 90802 - PreOwned
Universal Park - Fresno, CA 93720 - PreOwned
Vintner Sq - Livermore, CA 94550 - PreOwned
SWM Lebanon Retail - Lebanon, OR 97355 - PreOwned
Cedar Plaza - Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043 - PreOwned
Bellis Fair - BELLINGHAM, WA 98226 - PreOwned
SWM Pony Village - North Bend, OR 97459 - NEW

#3546 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:11 PM

My scanner doesn't report stock numbers, only if a store is reporting it is reporting that it has a copy or not

Ah ok, I see, thanks for that. any chance you can check if any stores around zip 11239 are reporting stock? No worries if not, but TIA.

qnwz8j.jpg

:ps4: Prey/Dragon's Dogma   ::   :vita: Monster Monpiece/Muramasa ::   :3ds: n/a

#3547 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:47 PM

Ah ok, I see, thanks for that. any chance you can check if any stores around zip 11239 are reporting stock? No worries if not, but TIA.

I'll have to look up the lat lng, honestly I'm pretty sure that atm it's just reporting almost all stores as having stock since they probably have their copies sitting in the back, ill look when home tho

#3548 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:58 PM

Secret of Mana is in stock for ordering from Gamestop, I don't think this is going to be as short stocked as some people are thinking

edit: fwiw, the two stores I would usually go to here in town are NOT showing up in a search for the sku, so it's possible this list contains stores that have extra inventory, but it's also entirely possible that my query is just receiving too many stores in the query (I am not performing any attempt at paginating the results as-is since I only really search for limited stock items)

Here is the list of stores reporting having SoM atm tho https://pastebin.com/raw/X5rRqKLV

#3549 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2258 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

Got my new copy of Wuppo today and it actually came sealed.  Sad that it's so shocking that a new game arrived unopened!

#3550 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

Got my new copy of Wuppo today and it actually came sealed.  Sad that it's so shocking that a new game arrived unopened!

Try opening it. I ordered 5 Wuppo and 3 of them were broken inside.

#3551 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2258 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

I hope you just mean the spindle and not the discs inside..

#3552 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:57 PM

Did Secret of Mana get delayed to 2/15? 

#3553 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   995 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:09 PM

B1851CEF-F6F1-43EB-914F-1B9974EBC15E.jpeg

Sideways again :\

For those wondering, the Goodies sticker is on the inside of the wrapping and already stuck to the case!!!

:ps4: Currently Playing : Nothing!
:ps3: Currently Playing : Ratchet & Clank HD Remaster 

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Puzzle Puppers

:3ds: Currently Playing : Zelda II (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Nothing!

#3554 winterlane   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

winterlane

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:12 PM

Did they ship in a single package from the warehouse or in multiple packages from stores? If they came in a single package, did they use a box or bubble mailer?

#3555 Jurai  

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:21 PM

Did Secret of Mana get delayed to 2/15? 

2/15 has been the date for a bit afaik

#3556 denpanosekai  

denpanosekai

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

Did they ship in a single package from the warehouse or in multiple packages from stores? If they came in a single package, did they use a box or bubble mailer?

Single package, well packed. It's the case that's broken, always the same way along the back fold line. I emailed SOEDESCO for replacements because I doubt Gamestop will give a shit.

#3557 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:43 AM

I don't know why people are freaking out about SoM all of a sudden. At $40 + tax you might at well buy the SNES cart because this new version looks like a damn travesty and slap to the face of the original.

And, no, I don't think it'll be hard to come by either. What's one "Gamestop Exclusive" that was ever undershipped or hard to come by at launch?

#3558 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1072 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:11 AM

I don't know why people are freaking out about SoM all of a sudden. At $40 + tax you might at well buy the SNES cart because this new version looks like a damn travesty and slap to the face of the original.

And, no, I don't think it'll be hard to come by either. What's one "Gamestop Exclusive" that was ever undershipped or hard to come by at launch?

Resident Evil 7 Collectors is the only one that comes to mind. I think people are just curious to know as to why they would already shut off instore preorders for this one since it's just a standard edition release.

#3559 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:06 AM

UMvC3

qnwz8j.jpg

#3560 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   995 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:55 AM

Whoops; must’ve had my invisibility cloak on...........heh.......

:ps4: Currently Playing : Nothing!
:ps3: Currently Playing : Ratchet & Clank HD Remaster 

:vita: Currently Playing : Nothing!

:switch: Currently Playing : Puzzle Puppers

:3ds: Currently Playing : Zelda II (Virtual Console)

:xb1: Currently Playing : Nothing!

#3561 JoshTX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2358 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

UMvC3

Really? I remember walking right in and picking that up a couple days after release without preordering or anything at all. It's a fairly popular game, and with Capcom being the publisher they are definitely going to replenish if it sells out, at least for as long as they hold the licensing rights. 

joshTX.png

#3562 aniousjoe   Mr. Ka-ra-teh CAGiversary!   835 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

at least for as long as they hold the licensing rights.

They don't have the rights to most of that cast, right now.
Posted Image

#3563 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

Really? I remember walking right in and picking that up a couple days after release without preordering or anything at all. It's a fairly popular game, and with Capcom being the publisher they are definitely going to replenish if it sells out, at least for as long as they hold the licensing rights. 

It was available for quite some time after release, I remember wanting to go back to pick up an xbone version and it still being available but I procrastinated on it too long.

#3564 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   704 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

It was available for quite some time after release, I remember wanting to go back to pick up an xbone version and it still being available but I procrastinated on it too long.

I should have specified PS4 version. Nobody wants XB1 version of any game 😂😂

qnwz8j.jpg

#3565 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4511 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

I got my UMVC3 (PS4) around a month before Infinite came out. It was the only non-gutted copy within any reasonable driving distance at that point.

My YouTube Channel (Not in active use)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Complete Game Collectionhttps://drive.google...cpj5oe8EOPSQ1JQ

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#3566 redraid8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:30 PM

Owlboy is up on Amazon for PS4. $29.99 without the Prime Discount yet.

#3567 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3416 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

I already own the SNES cart and have the remake pre-ordered at Gamestop. I thought the remake looked pretty good, I didn't realize people are saying it looks like a travesty.

I have a feeling that Secret of Mana won't get a huge print run. Gamestop has bitten the bullet on a few of these exclusive releases already. Song of the Deep and all the merch they released alongside it flooded those stores for awhile and DeFormers (I think that's the name) seems to have been a huge flop. 

UMvC3

I saw a used copy selling for about $40 the other day. Wish I would have picked it up when it came out because I am not about to pay $40 for a used copy of it. 

Currently Playing(in rotation):

:ps4: Sega Genesis Classics,  God of War and Yakuza 6 |  :xb1: PUBG |   :switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon,DKC: Tropical Freeze, Owlboy, and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Also Casually Playing: 

Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)

#3568 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6906 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

Welp, I'm going to my Gamestop at 8:30 tonight to try to get their 1 extra copy of Secret of Mana.  Any release day extras are coming on today's UPS shipments and they are having a 9pm release tonight because the release date is tomorrow.  My tiny local store is only getting 1 extra copy in-transit.  But it will likely be even harder to score at a large volume store with all the extra foot traffic.

Might want to check with your stores today if you slacked like me. 

You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.

#3569 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   975 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

I saw a used copy selling for about $40 the other day. Wish I would have picked it up when it came out because I am not about to pay $40 for a used copy of it.

Keep your eyes on Gamefly, they have it for $25 currently, it may go on sale again like their year end sale (I think it was $20 then).

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#3570 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2137 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

Owlboy is up on Amazon for PS4. $29.99 without the Prime Discount yet.

Can you post the link, I can't seem to find it through searching the site or even with google yet.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...