* * * * * 7 votes

Smaller/Obscure/Limited Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

#2461 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   4239 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

Mine didn't come today, which is weird because I'm elite plus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My YouTube Channel (Collection updates, games industry commentary, game analysis)

https://www.youtube....HellDestroyer77

My Blog (In-Depth Game/Anime Reviews)http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

My Twitter:https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Complete DVD/Blu Collectionhttp://www.blu-ray.c...id.php?u=102540

#2462 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   1744 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:38 AM

River City: Rival Showdown (3DS) (with keychain) is up for preorder on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.c...=river city 3ds

This is one of the reasons I'm so happy I'm out of my prime as soon as it expires, even though I'm pretty sure they're going to try and auto renew it. How the Fuck can a company as big as amazon not have their preorder discount listed immediately at preorder creation?! Fuck them

#2463 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:21 AM

This is one of the reasons I'm so happy I'm out of my prime as soon as it expires, even though I'm pretty sure they're going to try and auto renew it. How the Fuck can a company as big as amazon not have their preorder discount listed immediately at preorder creation?! Fuck them

They stopped the discount on limited/special editions. It's pretty clear that a bonus keychain really isn't the target of that policy change, but calling it "limited edition" probably automatically tripped some algorithm. Who knows if they'll notice or change it.

Between the Prime discount being so uneven, and their poor handling of preorders (they never hold any copies back to replace damaged or stolen shipments, so you're SOL if that happens / claiming they couldn't fulfill the SNES Mini preorders yet somehow boatloads showed up for their Treasure Trucks), plus sales taxes and shoddy packaging, I'm buying from other places more and more and Amazon less. I can't believe I'm actually shopping at Best Buy again. 

#2464 jeff79  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:13 AM

Is the River City keychain edition exclusive to amazon? I ask cause I'd rather buy at best buy with discount, but I want that keychain :)

#2465 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

They stopped the discount on limited/special editions. It's pretty clear that a bonus keychain really isn't the target of that policy change, but calling it "limited edition" probably automatically tripped some algorithm. Who knows if they'll notice or change it.

Between the Prime discount being so uneven, and their poor handling of preorders (they never hold any copies back to replace damaged or stolen shipments, so you're SOL if that happens / claiming they couldn't fulfill the SNES Mini preorders yet somehow boatloads showed up for their Treasure Trucks), plus sales taxes and shoddy packaging, I'm buying from other places more and more and Amazon less. I can't believe I'm actually shopping at Best Buy again. 

Yeah, Amazon leaves a sour taste in my mouth more often than not, but this year being my first with Prime, I've found it "solid". We cut cable this year, and since I need shipping supplies pretty regularly, I think I would get it again next year.

Getting the discount on games was really the 3rd reason I found to get Prime, and I've been using it for a handful of items where the prime discount at launch is to good to pass up, or for games where there's a day one edition, and I don't want to miss out on the extra's.

If I was using it exclusively for games, I would say it's probably not worth it. But combined with my other needs, it's been a good buy. I would say the 2 day shipping has been my favorite feature really, as sometimes I need items quickly, and that helps to keep me from having to pay for faster shipping out of pocket.

#2466 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6038 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

Is the River City keychain edition exclusive to amazon? I ask cause I'd rather buy at best buy with discount, but I want that keychain :)

most likely on amazon only because the last River City on 3DS that came out is only on amazon and natsume store. same goes for Wild Guns.

#2467 Doomstink   AUTOBOT Retailer Representative   2932 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

A folded up pouch or bag is going to take up a ton more space and be harder to stack flat than paper 3D glases, a manual, and a mini CD.

3D glasses, a manual, a CD, and a thick PVC keychain. Switch cases are barely more than a centimeter thick and only half of the case is actually available for storage - the other half with the cartridge doesn't have any usable space for extras.
Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios and Owner of Limited Run Games

#2468 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2020 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

River City: Rival Showdown (3DS) (with keychain) is up for preorder on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.c...=river city 3ds

Nice find.  Added it to my want list.  I doubt we'll get the prime discount since Natsume kind of screwed us out of that last year with the last 3DS RC game and Wildguns on PS4.   But... I'm still going to wait a few days before locking in a preorder just in case we get it.

loading_icon.150d3a5a.gifLoading...

#2469 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

Got Raiden v from gamestop today. I don't know why it's been such a huge fucking problem for me to get this game but it's been a pain at every juncture. Seems like most stores only had one copy btw. I don't know how small of a print run it was but it's a fun game and forgiving for shmup boobs with unlimited continues.

#2470 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:04 PM

https://www.shop4ame...dition-ps4-game

Just got OlliOlli Epic Combo Edition PS4 for $8.99 shipped from shop4america dot com. PayPal is a payment option so it’s safe. I can vouch for the site too as I’ve ordered a few games from them. Usually only takes 2-3 weeks for my games to arrive. Not bad considering they’re based out of the U.K. & I’m on the east coast.

Also for those more comfortable ordering from eBay he has em on there for $9.99 free shipping. Just search : OlliOlli Epic Combo Edition PS4.

But heads up everyone it’s the U.K. version so as long as you don’t care about the lil rating symbol on the front cover being different you’re good to go since PS4 games are region free.

#2471 Backlog Hog  

Backlog Hog

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

3D glasses, a manual, a CD, and a thick PVC keychain. Switch cases are barely more than a centimeter thick and only half of the case is actually available for storage - the other half with the cartridge doesn't have any usable space for extras.

I just got Tiny Barbarian DX today & it had some extras crammed inside including an instruction manual, a tiny cloth pouch & a keychain in a clear plastic bag. Everything seemed to fit fine although my keychain had some spots of slight discoloration possibly due to being so compressed within the case. No biggie since my cover art & case seem fine. No creasing, bulge or dent thankfully. Reverse cover art too which is always a nice touch.

Also, the game came in a weird Y-fold sealed bag of sorts since it was looser than a traditional wrapped Y-fold game that has no extras. It had a lil sticker on the wrapping that looks like the keychain & says “FREEBEES INSIDE”

#2472 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:20 PM

Lot of key chains lately. Kind of a lame pack in imo.

#2473 Squeegor 2  

Squeegor 2

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

Agreed.. I usually throw them out or give them away.

#2474 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2020 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:33 PM

At least a keychain is something that can be used.  My oldest son begged me for one of the keychains GS bundled in with my Fire Emblem Fates SE.  He seemed super happy when I finally gave it to him.  Seems like all three of my kids like the keychains.  Of course around here the HS kids are big into their keychains with an extra emphasis on thick decorative lanyards (typically with something anime, gaming or comics on them).

Whatever the case I'll take a free keychain as long as it doesn't bump up the price I was already expecting to pay for the physical game.

#2475 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5112 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:48 PM

That morph ball keychain is one of the coolest I’ve seen in years. I’m actually using it and I haven’t had a keychain since my pewter WoW one broke off its chain in the late 00s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2476 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10026 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

My standard edition copy of Undertale Vita came with a sticker and card. Nice

#2477 jr8rulz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   607 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

im starting to think my first wave order for undertale isnt coming.... seeing everyone else getting theirs and i havent even gotten a shipping notice or anything

Limited Run Games Trading Thread: https://www.cheapass...-trading-thread

#2478 sabanoo   I like pie. CAGiversary!   2242 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

im starting to think my first wave order for undertale isnt coming.... seeing everyone else getting theirs and i havent even gotten a shipping notice or anything

I haven't received a shipping notice either.  I'm assuming they're just working their way through the orders slowly.

#2479 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

I haven't received a shipping notice either.  I'm assuming they're just working their way through the orders slowly.

Same for me, as I've never not gotten an order at Fangamer, and no reason to think it is going to start now. I just have to wait, and it will arrive at some point.

#2480 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   10610 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

Still waiting for a shipping notice on my Undertale order as well.  And yes, I was in the first batch as I ordered right when it went up.

#2481 Equippt  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:25 AM

Same for me, as I've never not gotten an order at Fangamer, and no reason to think it is going to start now. I just have to wait, and it will arrive at some point.

I've also bought quite a few things from Fangamer and never had any issues. The original email they sent at the end of September mentioned that they expected shipping to last "a few weeks" for just the first wave of orders. So yeah, it's probably best for people to just sit tight a little while longer. Based on my previous experiences with them, the wait is probably due to them actually giving a crap about their packaging...which is always appreciated!

#2482 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10026 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:03 AM

Got mine pretty quickly

#2483 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:06 PM

https://www.shop4ame...dition-ps4-game

Just got OlliOlli Epic Combo Edition PS4 for $8.99 shipped from shop4america dot com. PayPal is a payment option so it’s safe. I can vouch for the site too as I’ve ordered a few games from them. Usually only takes 2-3 weeks for my games to arrive. Not bad considering they’re based out of the U.K. & I’m on the east coast.

Also for those more comfortable ordering from eBay he has em on there for $9.99 free shipping. Just search : OlliOlli Epic Combo Edition PS4.

But heads up everyone it’s the U.K. version so as long as you don’t care about the lil rating symbol on the front cover being different you’re good to go since PS4 games are region free.

Trophies stack with USA digital?

Edit: answered my own question, I guess the physical stacks. Hopefully it's the same for euro edition. I'm in.

#2484 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2020 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

Based on my previous experiences with them, the wait is probably due to them actually giving a crap about their packaging...which is always appreciated!

The custom boxes for individual vita games were fantastic.  I think overall they do, indeed, care about about their packaging.   Adding to this, I don't think they send a shipping notice until an item actually is going out the door to ship.  So another reason not to panic, though it also clearly states on their site:

"Orders will take some extra time to process, as we are extremely busy at this time. Thank you for your patience!"

Speaking of Fangamer, they still show Broken Age for PS4 and Vita as available.  I guess the prices being bad (for resellers, good for collectors) on ebay ... they just aren't selling.

#2485 reko8   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

If you check out Fangamer's twitter, they have been transparent regarding the Undertale shipping. They are still shipping out the first wave of orders (the ones that said late September). It looks like they're shipping CE first and then standard editions (for PS4 at least).

#2486 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

If you check out Fangamer's twitter, they have been transparent regarding the Undertale shipping. They are still shipping out the first wave of orders (the ones that said late September). It looks like they're shipping CE first and then standard editions (for PS4 at least).

See I was thinking the opposite. Seems most people are getting their standards and my CE hasn't shipped (PS4). I was definitely in within the first 30 minutes too. I wonder how exactly they prioritize. 

#2487 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5112 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

See I was thinking the opposite. Seems most people are getting their standards and my CE hasn't shipped (PS4). I was definitely in within the first 30 minutes too. I wonder how exactly they prioritize.

Doesn’t the CE release in December though?

Just double checked. It does unless you ordered before noon on 7/20. Personally I’m waiting till closer to release. Why let them hang on to my money for months before giving me the product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2488 theemadgamer   SILENCE! I keel you! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

theemadgamer

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Hmmm, my order contains a PS4 CE and a Vita standard.  I received the "check your address" email in September.  Still waiting on shipping notification.....  Can't wait, excited to play this.

#2489 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5300 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

Can't wait, excited to play this.

Yeah, this is for sure on my "open soon" list of games, but I'm currently playing a few others first, so the delay isn't to bad thus far. Now my Ys bundle coming from LRG is a different matter entirely. LOL

#2490 ignition365  

ignition365

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

I only ordered the CE and my order is out for delivery, so we'll see.

Email says CE PS4.

ignition365.jpg