* * * * - 13 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 12/4: Deep Silver & ESO Sales! $5 Agents of Mayhem, $10 ESO, $6 Metro Redux, $5 SRIV RE, & More!

#2971 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67919 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:50 AM

Seems like the minimum funding stuff for PSN purchases is no longer a thing, so you should be able to buy items under $5 for exact change.

#2972 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8364 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:05 AM

Seems like the minimum funding stuff for PSN purchases is no longer a thing, so you should be able to buy items under $5 for exact change.

Nice!

#2973 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4591 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:18 AM

Sejems like the minimum funding stuff for PSN purchases is no longer a thing, so you should be able to buy items under $5 for exact change.

Must be rdcent, i got hit for it at the very end of the mudsummer sale.

However, I kind of liked it because it always gave me a few psychological dollars off the next purchase.

#2974 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67919 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

Some new deals:

:ps4: Brawlout - $17.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Brawlout Deluxe Edition - $26.99 - 10% Off - Pre-order ends 12/31

:ps4: Redout - Back to Earth Pack - $5.99 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Redout - Space Exploration Pack - $5.99 - 40% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/31

:ps4: Redout - Mars Pack - $4.19 - 40% Off - $2.79 - 60% Off - Ends 8/31

#2975 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1597 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:10 PM

Now what are we going to complain about?

#2976 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   826 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

I just ordered a $20 code through Sony rewards app and it was available immediately. On the order page there was a get your coupon link. So from the looks of it if you order it through the app you’ll get it right away.

Just now I ordered a $10 code through the desktop website using only rewards points, and I also got the coupon code on confirmation page. I guess Sony Rewards updated the way they handle PSN code purchases. I added the $10 to my account a couple minutes before I got the Sony Rewards confirmation e-mail.

Between the Sony Rewards trophy passes and the points I earned from PSN purchases I have already redeemed two $10 PSN codes this year. Usually I have to put in an extra $3.00 or $4.00 when redeeming a $10 code shortly before the points I earned expire. I think Sony Rewards has become really awesome.

#2977 ritchardf  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:12 PM

dont worry, we will find something

#2978 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:00 PM

We can still complain about the 10-limit cart capacity when there are 10/20% off coupons.

And that we can't buy games we have PS+ while we are subbed to PS+ when they go on sale.

#2979 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1597 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:23 PM

At 6:21 pm Eastern USA Time Zone on July 21, 2018, I am the ONLY person reading this topic.

I feel special or maybe sad about myself.

#2980 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3029 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:16 PM

I'm still pretty butthurt about Omega Labyrinth Z getting canceled. That and PS Mobile, and Sony's treatment of the Vita in general.

#2981 charlamagne   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

charlamagne

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:27 PM

At 6:21 pm Eastern USA Time Zone on July 21, 2018, I am the ONLY person reading this topic.

I feel special or maybe sad about myself.

Evilore unbanned my NeoGAF account so I have been amusing myself over there and sadly my contributions here have dropped off significantly.

#2982 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   931 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:47 AM

We can still complain about the 10-limit cart capacity when there are 10/20% off coupons.

And that we can't buy games we have PS+ while we are subbed to PS+ when they go on sale.

I'm still pretty butthurt about Omega Labyrinth Z getting canceled. That and PS Mobile, and Sony's treatment of the Vita in general.

And the fact that there's absolutely no option/way to change my PSN username. At least I can pay $10 (a bit pricey) on XBL to change my gamertag if I want to.

#2983 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   694 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:15 AM

No cross platform play

#2984 menewbe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   694 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:28 AM

Those no rush credit expire right (I think)? So there is the decision to wait or use them now.

Yup, those no rush credits expire. Search your email for "Benefit Confirmation for your Order" and you should found the exact date. Just a heads up, Amazon limited what they can be used on earlier this year. My $2 no rush credit with a Sep 5th expiration from two March orders still work for psn, but I've read that the ones that expire in Oct are no longer working.

#2985 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2837 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:04 PM

And the fact that there's absolutely no option/way to change my PSN username. At least I can pay $10 (a bit pricey) on XBL to change my gamertag if I want to.

I am willing to bet a significant sum of money that once they turn off the servers for PS3 and Vita, you will be able to change your name. Plus for PS3/Vita ends March '19. I give the servers about 6-12 months after that so either Xmas '19 or Summer '20 at the latest.

#2986 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4591 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

I am willing to bet a significant sum of money that once they turn off the servers for PS3 and Vita, you will be able to change your name. Plus for PS3/Vita ends March '19. I give the servers about 6-12 months after that so either Xmas '19 or Summer '20 at the latest.

Lol. What servers are you talking about? Store? They aren't turning those off. Game? There are no 'vita' servers. There are psn servers, there are store servers, but im really scratching my head trying to figure out what you think they are going to turn off.

#2987 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3356 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:19 PM

Yup, those no rush credits expire. Search your email for "Benefit Confirmation for your Order" and you should found the exact date. Just a heads up, Amazon limited what they can be used on earlier this year. My $2 no rush credit with a Sep 5th expiration from two March orders still work for psn, but I've read that the ones that expire in Oct are no longer working.

You can check it much easier here: https://www.amazon.c...1a894cf02e30d1e

#2988 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2837 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:35 AM

Lol. What servers are you talking about? Store? They aren't turning those off. Game? There are no 'vita' servers. There are psn servers, there are store servers, but im really scratching my head trying to figure out what you think they are going to turn off.

Yes, the store. It may seem like they would want to sell you stuff into perpetuity, but remember, Sony already closed their PS Mobile store. Vita already has it's own storefront. I'd wager that to be the first to go. 

The point being that purchases tied to Vita and PS3 store is most likely the hardest thing for them to account for on the backend. If not for some sort of architectural limitation, it would make no business sense to prevent this. Reasoning would suggest that the PS3/Vita stores are the big problem. 

#2989 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4370 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:20 AM

I don't see them getting rid of the stores for ps3 and such just yet.  I would have said they'd get rid of the vita's online stuff like the psp but since the vita connects to the ps4 for streaming purposes they might not do that for a while or at least disable parts of it but not everything.

#2990 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   971 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B004RMK4P8/

Amazon has PSN gift card codes up for most denominations now.

See also the thread I started about GMG selling their PSN cards @ 8% off during their Summer Sale 2018, and yes, they take CC's. :D/  ... https://www.cheapass.../topic/367797-/

#2991 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1060 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:51 PM

I miss PC Game Supply $10 for $7 sales.  :(

#2992 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4591 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:33 PM

Yes, the store. It may seem like they would want to sell you stuff into perpetuity, but remember, Sony already closed their PS Mobile store. Vita already has it's own storefront. I'd wager that to be the first to go.

The point being that purchases tied to Vita and PS3 store is most likely the hardest thing for them to account for on the backend. If not for some sort of architectural limitation, it would make no business sense to prevent this. Reasoning would suggest that the PS3/Vita stores are the big problem.

No disrespect, but this is a load of absolute hogwash. First of all, PS mobile was a failed Marketplace. Failed from the get-go. It never took off, and was completely separate entity cost money to maintain. It's no surprise Sony took it offline, though I do wish they kept up download servers.

Vita and PS3 games are sold through the normal storefront that sells everything else. The download servers are exactly the same. The webstore is exactly the same. There's no value in shutting this down.

They might eventually do what they did for the PSP, which is take down the Vita store on the Vita itself and rely upon the web store. Big deal, it's easy enough to use the web store.

But what you're suggesting is just fear-mongering. They're not going to Stop letting you buy and download Vita and PS3 games. It's not happening. Suggest it might happen 6 months after they stop PS plus is ridiculous.

As for the core issue, PSN names, there's a lot more going on than what you're talking about. You are correct that the biggest problem is Legacy applications. But that goes far deeper than the store, and in fact the store isn't really a major part of the problem.

Much bigger is all accounting software, account management apps, Game servers across all systems... Even something like leaderboards on a PS4 game could fail depending on how they're coded.

But in regards to your original post, the idea of turning off the servers for Vita and PS3 is tech gibberish. Store servers still serve PSP games and always will. The only thing Sony did is stop supporting PSP side software for the store. Like, seriously, spreading the idea that they might turn off imaginary Vita and PS3 servers next year is crazy talk.

#2993 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1060 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:47 PM

The other day my daughter started to ask me if the PS3 had received the Minecraft update for cross-play, then said, "Nevermind, I forgot Sony are jerks."  Take notice, Sony - THIS is the reputation you are cultivating among young people by forbidding cross-play and locking down Fortnite accounts.

#2994 MrRidickulous   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   1418 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

MrRidickulous

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

The other day my daughter started to ask me if the PS3 had received the Minecraft update for cross-play, then said, "Nevermind, I forgot Sony are jerks." Take notice, Sony - THIS is the reputation you are cultivating among young people by forbidding cross-play and locking down Fortnite accounts.

Probably best placed in a tweet at them or some place other than here.

#2995 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8338 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

Crosspost from the Xbox thread but relevant to here too.

DELISTING ALERT

The Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are set to be delisted July 26th, so grab 'em while you can.

#2996 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2837 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

No disrespect, 

(SNIP)
But what you're suggesting is just fear-mongering. They're not going to Stop letting you buy and download Vita and PS3 games. It's not happening. Suggest it might happen 6 months after they stop PS plus is ridiculous.

I find that when most people start with "No disrespect", disrespect is exponentially more likely to follow. ;)

Anyway, I dont have any interest in sowing fear, I genuinely think that is going to happen. You dont. And I may be wrong. I have no agenda I'm pushing so 'fear-mongering' is not really applicable here. 

I genuinely think that Sony is preparing to divorce itself from all that legacy support. If they leave downloads in place GOOD. I have a lot personally invested in that eco-system so I would welcome its continued existence. I just dont think it's going to happen. I'm happy to be proven wrong in the future.

"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised." - George Will

#2997 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4591 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

I find that when most people start with "No disrespect", disrespect is exponentially more likely to follow. ;)

Anyway, I dont have any interest in sowing fear, I genuinely think that is going to happen. You dont. And I may be wrong. I have no agenda I'm pushing so 'fear-mongering' is not really applicable here.
I genuinely think that Sony is preparing to divorce itself from all that legacy support. If they leave downloads in place GOOD. I have a lot personally invested in that eco-system so I would welcome its continued existence. I just dont think it's going to happen. I'm happy to be proven wrong in the future.
"The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised." - George Will

I said no disrespect because I understand based on your post that you do not have an understanding of the respective technologies. You're wrong. It's not an opinion. There are no Vita and PS3 servers to just turn off. It's okay if you want to keep believing this will happen, but it is not an opinion based on facts or reality.

Even if there were, which there aren't, we have actual history to look at with the PSP in which what you're claiming will happen did not happen. There is no reason to believe the impossible thing would happen next year with newer platforms.

By spreading uninformed opinion that may cause others to fear things that will not happen you're fear-mongering. That may not be your intent but that is the end result.

You're absolutely correct that Legacy cross platform issues are likely the root cause of not being able to change our names. However, you're absolutely wrong in thinking that the store allowing us to to download games has much to do with it.

#2998 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:20 PM

The most worrisome thing I took away from his initial post was less about access to the store and more about our PS3's ability to connect to servers for other functions. Will there come a day when our PS3s will no longer to be able to earn or sync trophies? :(

#2999 Tobloc27   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Tobloc27

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:45 PM

isn't it about time Sony does one of their Summer PSN promotion? I think it is called PLAY where they promote 4-6 games that come out each week and you get either a credit or discount code if you purchase more than one. I think it is done yearly around this time. I just started thinking about it since every week coming up, there is a new game I want...…. Chasm - 7/31 Overcooked 2 - 8/7 Death Gambit - 8/14 Slime Rancher - 8/21

#3000 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

Crosspost from the Xbox thread but relevant to here too.

DELISTING ALERT

The Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are set to be delisted July 26th, so grab 'em while you can.

I assumed this was happening sooner or later.  Picked up the $15 bundle.