* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/19: EA & The Great Indoors Sale! $45 Kingdom Hearts III, $20 Far Cry New Dawn, $6 Emerald Shores, & More!

#7201 FinderKeeper   Eternal n00b CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

FinderKeeper

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:32 AM

All I ended up was Rise of Tomb Raider 20th year celebration.  Was going to pick up Far Cry Primal and a few other cheaper games but FC Primal is cheaper on XBox even with the 20% coupon I got with my PS4 Pro.  Will hold on to the 20% off code for something else.

Yup, only got that and Infamous: First Light. Had them both on my wish list for a very long time, and decided to get them instead of something newer, or something cheaper--debated whether to get the two Destroy All Humans! games but ultimately passed, as those were never really on my list until they appeared in the sale.

Also have an Xbox One so I got a couple things in that holiday sale as well. No Steam games... the sales have been disappointing there the past couple of years.

#7202 cruzfactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

cruzfactor

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:52 AM

I just waited too long with items in my cart. Next time.

#7203 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5475 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:41 AM

Yes.  I guess in theory it was for those who played TLoU on PS3 and just wanted the DLC on PS4, but in practice it seems to just screw over people who don't realize it's in the Remastered edition.  I never bought it, but I try to warn others away whenever it comes up.

For the record, it's a good DLC, it's just already in the game on PS4.

Yeah, I contacted Sony this morning via phone and they actually refunded it for me and I got the Remastered version instead. (I honestly thought the Remastered was just the game, you know, Remastard for the PS4.)

Anyhow, hopefully I'll make it through the base game this time, when I get to it, I gave up on it on the PS3 when it first game out... Loved the story and whatnot. The gameplay I found to be more frustrating than fun.

#7204 helveticastandard   nyaa CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

helveticastandard

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

[Jak Collection post]

Nope. Gave me the PS3/Vita versions but not the PS4 stuff. Those are technically separate rereleases on PS4 while the Vita/PS3 versions were technically the same collection on two systems.

Dang, I didn’t know these were cross-buy at all. I bought the Vita version, and it sure wasn’t. :/

#7205 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3554 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

There was too much on sale for my mind to comprehend so I got nothing. :D

#7206 solinari6   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

solinari6

Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, I contacted Sony this morning via phone and they actually refunded it for me and I got the Remastered version instead. (I honestly thought the Remastered was just the game, you know, Remastard for the PS4.)

OOf, sorry to hear that.  Sony are real dicks, and usually only give you one return EVER. I wouldn't have used that on such cheap DLC :(

#7207 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9154 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

I'm trying to decide if I want to keep my pre-order for Kingdom Hearts 3 at Gamestop. I don't have anything to trade in toward it and it'll end up in the backlog.

In other news, looking forward to playing Blackout mode on both systems when it starts.

If anything Kingdom Hearts 3 will be massively produced and will crash in price likely after a year like FFXV. I would wait and am waiting myself unless you've been waiting forever to play it.

#7208 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5475 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:05 PM

OOf, sorry to hear that.  Sony are real dicks, and usually only give you one return EVER. I wouldn't have used that on such cheap DLC :(

I've contacted Sony twice about a decade apart... I'm not really worried about it.

#7209 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

If anything Kingdom Hearts 3 will be massively produced and will crash in price likely after a year like FFXV. I would wait and am waiting myself unless you've been waiting forever to play it.

I haven't been waiting forever to play it, so that factors into me waiting to get it. Plus HD releases would keep me busy while waiting for a price drop.

Edited by GamerSavage, 16 January 2019 - 08:07 PM.

#7210 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4540 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

everyone has been waiting forever to play kh3 as it's like one of the duke nukems of rpgs.  Considering the second game came out on the ps2 gen and we are now in the ps4 gen that's pretty damn sad.

#7211 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9154 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:06 PM

I still haven't played DDD and BBS myself for Kingdom Hearts. Also going to do a full KH1/2/card game one/bbs/ddd play through so when I finish that in like 3 years i'll be ready for KH3 heh.

#7212 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

everyone has been waiting forever to play kh3 as it's like one of the duke nukems of rpgs.  Considering the second game came out on the ps2 gen and we are now in the ps4 gen that's pretty damn sad.

Pretty sad indeed. I remember thinking that it would've been released during the PS3/360 era. Square Enix ended up milking it just like Final Fantasy. I'm willing to wait because I'm a casual fan of the series. I feel bad for the diehard fans who have been invested in the series since the very beginning though. No way they should have had to wait this long for KH3.

#7213 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1567 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Dang, I didn’t know these were cross-buy at all. I bought the Vita version, and it sure wasn’t. :/

They aren't, i never got both either. I think one version was a plus game and that's where the confusion comes from.

#7214 freeshipping  

freeshipping

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:35 PM

Free persona 3/5 themes in case it wasnt posted

https://store.playst...78-5ae3c41f924f

https://store.playst...ERSONA3DANCINGT

P5D-Theme.jpg

#7215 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9154 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:16 PM

Free for PS+ specifically for the themes, but yeah they look good.

#7216 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

Free persona 3/5 themes in case it wasnt posted

https://store.playst...78-5ae3c41f924f
https://store.playst...ERSONA3DANCINGT

P5D-Theme.jpg

frisky posted them, but thanks tho

#7217 Omni99  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:02 PM

I'm a casual fan of Kingdom Hearts as well, played 1 and 2 and 1 story of BBS, but I've lost track of most of the story. I have to warn you though, I've been keeping up on the spoilers since the game leaked and I'm not sure that this game is going to live up to expectations, at least story wise.

#7218 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

Thankfully, I don't have any expectations of Kingdom Heart III at all, since I haven't played any of the other KH games to contrast it to.  I have them, mind you (and have had KH3 pre-ordered since 2015,) but I held off on playing them since I know they have Final Fantasy characters, and to get the most from their appearances, I want to wait until I've at least played the FF games that they appear in.  FF7 was the last Final Fantasy game I played and I've been having such a hard time bringing myself to play FF8.

#7219 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3096 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:48 PM

The games don't really go into the FF characters' stories at all. In fact several of them are rewritten entirely to fit into the series' narrative.

I spent most of last year playing through the whole series to get ready for this game. It was my first time playing Birth by Sleep, which is actually vital to understanding the plot of KH3.

#7220 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2532 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:55 AM

I love the Kingdom Hearts series. The plot is pure nonsense. Don't worry about playing other games to understand it because people who have played all the games don't understand it. It was convoluted and nonsensical in the very first game and has only upped the bar in each game after. Their is no game that is vital to understanding the plot of KH3 because these games are not made to be understood.

#7221 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2499 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:48 AM

Go watch one of the youtube videos that "explain" the previous games to get you up to speed for KH3.

5 minutes in your head will explode. 

#7222 elessar123  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:55 AM

Most of it makes sense. It just takes a combination of 10 games to understand anything. Skip one, including the mobile games, and you're screwed. But even then, there's a lot of holes and BS. Although -a lot- of the missing link is in 358/2.

#7223 w00dm4n   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:53 AM

Go watch one of the youtube videos that "explain" the previous games to get you up to speed for KH3.

5 minutes in your head will explode. 

I remember the first time i played Kingdom Hearts 2 on PS2 and my head exploded from the opening part of the game.

I skipped playing the Gameboy Advance game Chain of Memories so that opening part was nuts.

The longer the video the more they explain, the more they explain the crazier it gets.

#7224 Blinking-Pixels  

Blinking-Pixels

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:03 AM

Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to have videos that recaps the past games. I played most of the games (Chain of Memories card battle system killed that game for me, but I did watch all the cutscenes) when I got that All In One bundle. I'm still going to watch the recap video when I start Kingdom Hearts 3.

#7225 elessar123  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:13 AM

Chains was probably one of the more convoluted ones. The most important, and makes most sense would be KH1 + KH2 + 358/2, followed by BBS + DDD. Then just ignore Chains, Coded, X, and Unchained X, which shouldn't have been made canon to begin with.

#7226 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68364 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:33 PM

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III is finally coming to the West on PS4 this Fall:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/01/16/wandersong-launches-on-ps4-january-22/

Wandersong will be out for PS4 next week on 1/22:

https://blog.us.play...ecial-editions/

Pre-order bonuses and the Digital Deluxe and Collector's Editions for Day Gone were announced. They also released a new trailer about the world of Days Gone:

#7227 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1118 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

I really hope Days Gone turns out to be as awesome as it looks.

#7228 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2499 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

I really hope Days Gone turns out to be as awesome as it looks.

Ever since i first saw the first trailer, this has been my thought. I really want it to be great.

#7229 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68364 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

There's a new deal for PS+ for non-subscribers:

12 Month Sub  - $44.99 - 25% Off - Ends 1/24

3 Month Sub  - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/24

#7230 RiPPn  

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:13 PM

Spoiler

Excited to get into the "Trails" series with the PS4 ports of 1 and 2 coming in the next 2 months.  And Day's Gone looks great, can't wait to play it, getting that God of War release date must mean Sony has confidence in the title.