* * * * - 17 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 3/19: EA & The Great Indoors Sale! $45 Kingdom Hearts III, $20 Far Cry New Dawn, $6 Emerald Shores, & More!

#7711 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:44 PM

Any reason not to get Xcom 2 vanilla?

#7712 RiPPn  

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:52 PM

Any reason not to get Xcom 2 vanilla?

If you have PS+ you might already own it?

#7713 dualrec  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:11 AM

I keep waiting for Hob to go on sale.  Recently read about how good it's supposed to be.

#7714 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:20 AM

If you have PS+ you might already own it?

Missed it by one day LOL.

#7715 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1118 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:31 AM

Did anyone get a "wedding" invite for Days Gone? 

https://www.playstat...ing-invitation/

The RSVP code is daysgone.

(Always a bridesmaid...)

Yeah, I got the Days Gone wedding invite. It seems kind of odd.

#7716 Lonely Boy   We're all mad here. CAGiversary!   973 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:00 AM

Yeah, I got the Days Gone wedding invite. It seems kind of odd.

Yeah, 6am also seems like an awkward time to do it. I'm hoping they give out wedding favors in the form of 20% off codes.

---

6am edit: It wasn't even a live event, just a trailer drop. Looks cool, but I shouldn't have waited up for it.

Edited by Lonely Boy, 13 February 2019 - 02:08 PM.

#7717 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1911 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:22 AM

Considering how many times those ateliers have been ported these shouldn't cost more than 40 but I cannot blame them for wanting to make money for nothing.  capitalism ho! and all that.

If the pattern hold the physical version will be cheap at gamestop eventually.

On that note what version of rorona is in this version as if its not plus like the previous bundle then it is practically worthless.

This review says the DX version is a port of the Plus version:

https://videochums.c...st-of-arland-dx

#7718 WhatTheHalcyon  

WhatTheHalcyon

Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:08 AM

if you do decide to jump down the rabbit hole 1 and 2 hd and bbs hd are the only ones worth playing. The rest are bunk.

You might think the gameplay of chain of memories is bunk but the story of every one of them is important to the end of 3. DDD HD and 0.2 are both extremely important as well. DDD explains the exact setup of KH3 at the start and 0.2 takes aqua from BBS up to the start of 3. Even back cover / the mobile game have important tie ins, though I would say not until the last several hours. The whole fact there is a character from the mobile game presented in the ps4 game as ???? Just so you can't look them up is truly annoying though.

#7719 element676   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

element676

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

You might think the gameplay of chain of memories is bunk but the story of every one of them is important to the end of 3. DDD HD and 0.2 are both extremely important as well. DDD explains the exact setup of KH3 at the start and 0.2 takes aqua from BBS up to the start of 3. Even back cover / the mobile game have important tie ins, though I would say not until the last several hours. The whole fact there is a character from the mobile game presented in the ps4 game as ???? Just so you can't look them up is truly annoying though.

Too bad I can no longer find KH 2.8 Prologue. I am not paying inflated eBay prices.

#7720 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36933 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

#7721 RiPPn  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

People are really sleeping on this game, I think it is going to be a surprise hit, looks so good.

#7722 WhatTheHalcyon  

WhatTheHalcyon

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

Too bad I can no longer find KH 2.8 Prologue. I am not paying inflated eBay prices.

It's available for $35 right now on Amazon which is less then MSRP. Not that it's super reasonable with them having put out the story so far for 40. Honestly just as confused by them not printing copies of it as anyone else. Just saying I would recommend playing all the games before 3 particularly DDD. 2's ending makes the transition to 3 if it's the last one you played rather jarring. It's like skipping a significant chapter of a book.

#7723 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3409 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:43 PM

People are really sleeping on this game, I think it is going to be a surprise hit, looks so good.

I think it will be better than Crackdown 3.

#7724 CrepeNuts  

CrepeNuts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

Ha yeah. I can't believe they've delayed Crackdown 3 for so long and the majority of the initial impressions are way less than impressed. It's sounding like it could be an Order 1886 situation where the devs spent so much time perfecting the technology where they forgot to make the game interesting.

#7725 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

If you haven't played XCOM 2 get it. 

Start with the DLC, War of the Chosen. Enjoy,. 

#7726 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   2890 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

Crackdown 3 looks like it was made on a fucking Android phone

#7727 darthbster31   Herpaderp CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

darthbster31

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:36 PM

I picked up my copy at GameStop for $20. Stock is hit or miss though, it's cheaper than eBay and Amazon.

#7728 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1817 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

I thought this looked like something similar to State of Decay with better production values, but I didn't realize it was a prequel/sequel to The Force Unleashed. Wild!

#7729 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:46 PM

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but I DL'd Hitman (free) and the Hitman 2 Legacy. Now I'm playing 1 through 2's engine (some positive, some negative changes--you can pick up three coins in the training mission in the original but they only give two when you play through H2, but dropping the blazing white selection screens is a blessing when playing late at night), but I see all these missions I can DL for free like China and others for free. Are these the individual missions for H1 or are they some bonus material?  Do I have to DL all the H1 missions individually?

#7730 WhatTheHalcyon  

WhatTheHalcyon

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:41 PM

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but I DL'd Hitman (free) and the Hitman 2 Legacy. Now I'm playing 1 through 2's engine (some positive, some negative changes--you can pick up three coins in the training mission in the original but they only give two when you play through H2, but dropping the blazing white selection screens is a blessing when playing late at night), but I see all these missions I can DL for free like China and others for free. Are these the individual missions for H1 or are they some bonus material? Do I have to DL all the H1 missions individually?

All the hitman 1 levels are downloaded separately (actually hitman 2 is like that too interestingly enough). You should have a list of dlcs installed with the name of each location available and be able to match up locations. The hitman 2 stuff starts with Miami. Everything before that you should be able to download.

#7731 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:00 PM

All the hitman 1 levels are downloaded separately (actually hitman 2 is like that too interestingly enough). You should have a list of dlcs installed with the name of each location available and be able to match up locations. The hitman 2 stuff starts with Miami. Everything before that you should be able to download.

So... it's like a season pass? Download each chapter?

Is that because it allows people to add as needed? I assume though it's one-way--once they're in, you can't remove the chapters without removing the whole game.

I'm concerned I wouldn't have access to the chapters after March 5th unless I DL them now. I mean, I don't mind, but if I don't have to, I'd rather just add as needed just to save space.

#7732 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68364 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:51 PM

Is that because it allows people to add as needed? I assume though it's one-way--once they're in, you can't remove the chapters without removing the whole game.

I'm concerned I wouldn't have access to the chapters after March 5th unless I DL them now. I mean, I don't mind, but if I don't have to, I'd rather just add as needed just to save space.

It was an episodic game, so that's how you got the game. Hitman 2 is delivered the same way, though they released all of the episodes up front.

#7733 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68364 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:52 PM

https://blog.us.play...on-ps4-july-12/

Dragon Quest Builders 2 will be out 7/12.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will be out this Summer:

The new game from Tokyo RPG Factory is called Oninaki and will be out this Summer:

https://news.ubisoft...-february-21-24

Trials Rising's open beta will be from 2/21 to 2/24.

Zanki Zero: Last Beginning is out 4/9:

#7734 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68364 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:02 PM

#7735 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11145 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:04 PM

It's like how it handles walking dead seasons. The first episode (or in Hitman's case, the Prologue) is the launcher, and then all the other content is DLC Addons that are accessed within the launcher. After redeeming the legacy pack from inside Hitman (2016) this list of stuff should be in your download list that are addons for Hitman 2:

HITMAN™ - Legacy: Paris PS4 3.53GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Bonus Missions PS4 7.59GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Bangkok PS4 4.85GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Sapienza PS4 6.27GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Marrakesh PS4 4.32GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Colorado PS4 4.76GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Hokkaido PS4 4.05GB

#7736 Watchman   Webslinger/Wanderer Hunter CAGiversary!   952 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:13 PM

It's like how it handles walking dead seasons. The first episode (or in Hitman's case, the Prologue) is the launcher, and then all the other content is DLC Addons that are accessed within the launcher. After redeeming the legacy pack from inside Hitman (2016) this list of stuff should be in your download list that are addons for Hitman 2:

HITMAN™ - Legacy: Paris PS4 3.53GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Bonus Missions PS4 7.59GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Bangkok PS4 4.85GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Sapienza PS4 6.27GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Marrakesh PS4 4.32GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Colorado PS4 4.76GB
HITMAN™ - Legacy: Hokkaido PS4 4.05GB

Yep, that's what I was referring to. I DL'd Paris and a few others. They don't really list in order they go in, so I just went with a few locales I wanted to check out initially like Hokkaido and Marrakesh.

I'm assuming there's a story order though?

#7737 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68364 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:14 PM

#7738 Not Eric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2464 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:03 AM

Yep, that's what I was referring to. I DL'd Paris and a few others. They don't really list in order they go in, so I just went with a few locales I wanted to check out initially like Hokkaido and Marrakesh.

I'm assuming there's a story order though?

If you look at the list either through the campaign menu or destinations menu then those will be in the story order.

#7739 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1118 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:54 AM

So what I would probably recommend is redeem the S1 legacy pack inside Hitman (2016). Play Season 1 missions as a part of Hitman 2 (so that you'll already have a bunch of unlocks if you ever buy Hitman 2). Then if you still want more after going through all the Season 1 contents, you can always buy the legacy GOTY upgrade pack at a later date for $10.

Thanks for the excellent summary. Is there any reason I shouldn't just delete the Hitman 1 game after getting the legacy pack?

#7740 Kain   Dragoon CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:13 AM

I've been wondering the same thing. I haven't actually started playing Hitman Season 1, though I did upgrade it to the GOTY edition. Now that the entirety of Hitman 1 is in Hitman 2, including all trophies, is there even a reason to bother starting a game in Hitman 1 at all?